No announcement yet.

Cheltenham 2021 Tipping Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems as though all the 100/1 shots are coming last or nearly last. Who would have thought
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Here we are again, Rex Dingle in the lucky last. Unlucky Elbows.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

GAB could probably tell us more.

There's definitely more new 'big owners' spending big money and having their horses trained in Ireland now. Looking at this week, one of the defining features for me is the comparitive lack of succes for JP and O'Leary. You would have thought Ireland having 20+ winners would mean them easily having 5/6 apiece but no...
        I think it's really down to Irish racing being more competitive all over. UK NH racing seem to go like the clappers with and tactical racing and big rivalries seem to not be a thing.
        Most of the big irish winners this week have seen most of their rivals already and can plan accordingly. Jockey skill is another factor I feel. When it's not a steering job, most of the british jockeys seem less adept at turning the tide in a battle.
        Jack Kennedy yesterday being a prime example.

My opinion is shite though.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Only a 100/1 shot could dethrone our leader now.

Some contrast to last year's thriller.
          elbows 11,700
          Dice47 2,800
          shano1888 2,560
          Raoul Duke III 2,200
          Hitch 327
          The Aul Switcheroo 310
          Solksjaer 300
          nicnicnic 273
          Dead Parrot 173
          eagle eye 150
          mcnugget 94
          luckforsome 74
          Lplate 60
          balfejohn 1
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

And that...would be that.

Elbows first.

The rest, nowhere.

Story of the week.

Comment

Well done Elbows, great picking
              Thanks Raoul for running this
              fair play

Comment

Thanks for organising again RD3. Delighted to finally get over the line. Wish I could go on the lash now.

I owe Dice a few Long Island ice teas for talking his dad out of putting €100 on the Kidder
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I think it was Oscar Wilde who described Niagara Falls as 'the second biggest disappointment for American brides'.

I'm sure everyone who played this year can empathise with that but we can only bow down in front of an awesome display of front-running by elbows, who in truth had lapped the rest of the field by the end of the first day. Shrewd placement by his connections who've played the long game for years, forever getting his handicap mark down to a bargain basement level until the time was ripe to let the handbrake off.

All hail elbows, the bollix.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Ireland now 20/24.

Ludicrous really.
                    How many of the British wins were that notorious Sasnauch Jonjo O'Neill?

Comment

Chapeau

Comment

Well played Elbows and sound for running RD.

Comment

Cheers for running RD3 and well done Elbows! Hopefully an Aintree comp won't be so one sided.

Comment

Thanks for running RD, well played Elbows.

Comment

Tried to get in weds & thurs and couldn't. WD Elbows and TKS RD

Comment

Working...
                              X