2021 Multi Sport Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Multi Sport Competition

Tables are a bit of mess on 'new' IPB unfortunately, so going to do as much of the competition as possible via google spreadsheets.
    So the attached document is the initial list of events for this years competition. (Some more events will be added in July as this format seemed to work well last year).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The only tables I will post will be the leaderboard after each completed event so that there's a trail of how the competition progressed.
    Hopefully this will make the thread less intensive on peoples phones/tablets.

EDIT 12/02/21.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    List of initial selections made on 6/2/21.

Edit 19/03/21.
    Latest scores for easy reference.
    Full Sport,Event,1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,ArmaniJeans,premierstone,RichieM,shrapnel,limpwhacker,Strewelpeter,Nuck Chorris Soccer,Champions League,4,2,1,1,Liverpool,Man City,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Juventus Soccer,Europa League,4,2,1,1,Napoli,AC Milan,Spurs,Spurs,MUFC,MUFC
    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 19-03-21, 18:22.

All initial selection to be made by 2.15pm on Saturday 6th February (the time the 6 Nations starts). A bit earlier would be great so I can post the selections before the start.
    2 weeks should be ample time hopefully. You can continue to make unlimited changes until the start date, so there's no downside to getting an entry in early.

Send them in any format, spreadsheet, text – I'll work it out.
    1. Barcelona
    2. Arsenal
    3 France etc
    Please be clear on names and if possible give first name & surname to avoid confusion.

You can send me selections by any of the following methods.
    A private message here on IPB.
    A private message me on boards.ie, username there is armaniJeanss.
    Or email me your selections to multisportcomp@gmail.com

I'll add more events during the first week in July to get to around 42 events though a lot is dependent on if we lose the Olympics/Euros/others to covid. But my aim will be ~42.
    Watch out for......
    Event 4 is the EPL Last Place at the end of the year, not the season. So needs a bit of thought.

Changes throughout year.
    Four changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
    Changes must be made by 21:59 5 days beforehand, I'll update exact deadlines for changes as we go along.
    Changes must be made on this thread, no editing or deleting changes once posted.
    Post something like 'Change Derby from El Gran Senor to Secreto' to do a change.
    Obviously events which are marked STARTED no changes will be allowed.

Official results on the End Date of each event will count, subsequent disqualifications don't count.

Where an event has playoffs or a final following a league phase (e.g. Aussie Rules) then the results of the final are what matters.
    If any events end in a tie for first or for places then relevant points will be split.
    Any disagreements on events winners or points I'll ask 3 non-involved members of IPB to decide.

Entry Fee & Prize money.
    Entry €40. I'll pm my bank account to participants.

If 7 or less entries, winner takes all.
    8+ entries then 75-80% for 1st and 20-25% for second.
    An unlikely15+ entries then I'll make it 3 places.

If any event has a unanimous choice (e.g., everyone picks Cork to win Munster) then I'll try to replace the event with something later on.
    Hopefully Lao Lao will go on his patented solo-runs with esoteric selections to avoid this.

Comment

Some wiki links to help.

Soccer. Champions LeagueEuropa League The Euros
      Rugby. Top tryscorers last season
      Rugby League. 2020 Playoffs.
      Rugby Sevens. 2016 Result. 2018 World Cup.

Field Hockey. 2021 Event (2016 Result) (2018 World Cup)
      Volleyball. 2021 Event (2018 World Cup)
      Hurling Munster & All-Ireland. Draw/Format not yet decided. (2020 result)
      Ulster GAA. Draw/Format not yet decided. (2020 Result)
      GAA-NFL Div3. A new format, north and south divs of 4 teams with the top 2 going into semi-finals and final Details and Teams Here If they change this format it still counts so long as there's a clear overall winner.

Ice Hockey. Season already started. Current Standings here (2020 result here)
      Basketball. Season already started. Current Standings Here (2020 result here)
      Baseball. 2020 Season
      Tennis French. 2020 Result
      Tennis Wimbledon. 2019 Result (wasn't played in 2020)

Cycling TdF. 2020 Result 2019 Result
      Cricket T20 Blast.2020 Result 2019 Result
      Aussie Rules. 2020 Result
      Darts World Cup. 2020 Result

Comment

Definitely will be in to defend the crown. Will submit my entries next week.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

In!

€40 just shipped to you and I will get the carrier pigeon into training so he can get my selections to you before the 6th Feb

Comment

Just on the EPL last place, would that be better as one of the events to be picked in July as we don't know yet who is being promoted and regulated in 2021 yet, and the teams involved in that promotion/regulation will likely feature highly in the picking for this event?
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
              Just on the EPL last place, would that be better as one of the events to be picked in July as we don't know yet who is being promoted and regulated in 2021 yet, and the teams involved in that promotion/regulation will likely feature highly in the picking for this event?
              Good question, and I definitely hmmm'ed and haw'ed about it for a while.
              But I decided to leave it this way as it adds an interesting dynamic.

You've basically 3 choices
              a) a safe team who'll definitely be in the league next year, but would need a downturn to be involved in relegation (the likes of Wolves, Southampton, West Ham)
              b) a team currently in trouble but you hope they survive (Brighton, Burnley, WBA, Fulham types)
              c) a team you hope will get promotion and then be weak.

Interestingly in the last renewal Sheffield United won as an A pick, and WBA were second as a C pick. Burnley a B pick got a good run but came fourth.
              So I'm still not sure which is the best strategy. At least we can use a change if our strategy goes wrong.

Ultimately there's only about 18 teams you are picking from so it's not an impossible task.
              I also think if we picked in July there wouldn't be a decent spread of selections, it'd just be maybe 2 or 3 teams.
              I like having some events with a wide spread of picks (although the Helens or Wigan coin tosses are useful as well)

Hope that explains the thought process anyway.

Comment

...In of course- I've had a 3rd and joint 2nd in last 2 years, so gunning for that top spot...

Comment

Monies just shiped Armani, will try and get selections done at the weekend.

Comment

Great. Struggling myself - 28 selections is tough enough now, not sure how I handled doing 40 at once last year.

Comment

Hadn’t seen this go up will take a look tomorrow. Might be good to throw a message into the bbv and bump it occasionally to make sure everyone see it.

I agree on the football being done at this time of year, it’s one of the best events because of it imo as odds checker won’t help you out

Comment

in. will look to get this done in the coming days

Comment

Received premierstone (gmail)

Comment

When is the deadline?
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              When is the deadline?
                              Next Saturday before the first 6 nations game.

Comment

I'll give this a spin, can you PM bank/revolut details please?
                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

This is a test
                                  SPOILER
                                  Sport Event 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Start Date End Date
                                  Soccer Champions League 4 2 1 1 16/02/21 29/05/21
                                  Soccer Europa League 4 2 1 1 18/02/21 26/05/21
                                  Soccer UEFA 2020 4 2 1 1 11/06/21 11/07/21
                                  Soccer EPL LAST Place 31/12/21 4 2 1 01/08/21 31/12/21
                                  Rugby 6 Nations Top Tryscorer 4 2 1 06/02/21 20/03/21
                                  Rugby League Super League 4 2 1 25/03/21 30/11/21
                                  Rugby 7s Mens Olympics 4 2 1 26/07/21 28/07/21
                                  Field Hockey Mens Olympics 4 2 1 25/07/21 06/08/21
                                  Volleyball Mens Olympics 4 2 1 24/07/21 07/08/21
                                  Golf US Masters 5 3 2 1 1 08/04/21 11/04/21
                                  Golf US Open 5 3 2 1 1 17/06/21 20/06/21
                                  Golf British Open 5 3 2 1 1 15/07/21 18/07/21
                                  Hurling Munster Championship 4 2 01/04/21 30/05/21
                                  Hurling All Ireland Championship 4 2 01/04/21 11/07/21
                                  GAA Football Ulster Championship 4 2 17/04/21 29/05/21
                                  GAA Football NFL Division 3 4 2 27/02/21 04/04/21
                                  Snooker World Championship 4 2 1 1 17/04/21 03/05/21
                                  Ice Hockey Stanley Cup 4 2 1 1 Started 31/07/21
                                  Basketball NBA 4 2 1 1 Started 15/07/21
                                  Baseball World Series 4 2 1 1 01/04/21 03/11/21
                                  Tennis French Women 4 2 1 1 24/05/21 06/06/21
                                  Tennis Wimbledon Women 4 2 1 1 28/06/21 10/07/21
                                  Horses Cheltenham Gold Cup 4 2 1 19/03/21 19/03/21
                                  Horses Epsom Derby 4 2 1 05/06/21 05/06/21
                                  Cyling TDF 4 2 1 26/06/21 18/07/21
                                  Cricket T20 Blast 4 2 1 1 01/07/21 18/09/21
                                  Aussie Rules 2021 Season 4 2 1 1 18/03/21 30/10/21
                                  Darts World Cup of Darts 4 2 1 1 01/06/21 03/06/21
                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-02-21, 12:03.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Received shrapnel (pm)

Comment

Just sent it on there - will need a few tweaks before Saturday I think

Comment

Received shrapnel (pm)
                                        Received RichieM (gmail)
                                        I've completed mine as well.

3 and a half days to go (Saturday 2.15 Irish time).
                                        Unlimited changes allowed until then so no need to leave it for last minute info.

Only 2 of 28 events have unanimous choices which is pretty good from just 4 entries..

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Received shrapnel (pm)
                                          Received RichieM (gmail)

3 and a half days to go (Saturday 2.15 Irish time).
                                          Unlimited changes allowed until then so no need to leave it for last minute info.

Only 2 of 28 events have unanimous choices which is pretty good from just 4 entries..
                                          I'll soon rectify that...

Comment

Do you have revolut AJ? if not send on your bank details so I dont forget to pay up

Comment

40 quid sent. Should be with you now.

Comment

Received shrapnel (pm)
                                                Received RichieM (gmail)
                                                Received limpwhacker (gmail)

36 hours. Get selecting.

Comment

Received shrapnel (pm)
                                                  Received RichieM (gmail)
                                                  Received Strewelpeter (pm)
                                                  Received NuckChorris (pm)

25 hours to cut-off.

Comment

Get the finger out lads, in
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Received shrapnel (pm)
                                                      Received RichieM (gmail)
                                                      Received mdoug (pm)
                                                      Received pokerhand (pm).

Looking good, 9 in so far and probably get luckforsome & Lao Lao before the close, maybe 1 or 2 others?
                                                      2.15 Saturday France v Italy rugby is strict cut-off time for new entries or changes to existing selections. Lets do this.

Comment

Hey AJ, just to double check as I'm after a couple of cans -

Four changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.

Above means that if I enter this evening with a quick-fire selection I'll be stuck with all but four of those?

Comment

I'll probably enter anyway just trying to figure out should I spend 5 minutes or 15 minutes on it

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            Hey AJ, just to double check as I'm after a couple of cans -

Above means that if I enter this evening with a quick-fire selection I'll be stuck with all but four of those?
                                                            Yes, exactly that. It gives a certain level of flexibility but not too much. The core idea is to be picking winners of events NOW which may not actually be taking place for a good few months.
                                                            Though to an extent 4 changes is quite a lot - as for about 1/3 of the events (CL, Euros, GAA, baseball, cricket) there's no particular reason why you should need to change.
                                                            You'll do well do it in 15 minutes by the way, I estimate 30 minutes.

Comment

Right, working on it - 15 minutes down already and seven picks done!

Comment

Just sent an entry in AJ, let me know the payment details plz.

Comment

Received shrapnel (pm)
                                                                  Received RichieM (gmail)
                                                                  Received mdoug (pm)
                                                                  Received pokerhand (pm).
                                                                  Received Keane (gmail)
                                                                  Received luckforsome (a google spreadsheet which I couldn't open, plz sort)

Will send bank details tomorrow night.

11 so far, so looking like a good pot. Still a few hours to get an entry in.

Comment

Just shipped the winning entry to you now!

Comment

Heading out for a few hours so will be about 5.30 before I reveal everyone's selection.
                                                                      (Just for transparency I'm on Jonny May in the rugbying).
                                                                      Still time for new entries (or changes to existing entries). 2.15pm.

Comment

OK, here we go.
                                                                        Going to avoid tables on the thread as much as possible, so here's a google spreadsheet with all the selections.
                                                                        Please check now on the 'Full' tab that I have your selection correct, as it's easier/fairer to fix it now rather than later.
                                                                        Tab 'leaderboard' is a vague hit-or-miss attempt at sorting the events into expected completion order. Looks like the Gold Cup and 6 Nations in mid-March will be the first finishers.

Full Sport,Event,1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,ArmaniJeans,premierstone,RichieM,shrapnel,limpwhacker,Strewelpeter,Nuck Chorris,mdoug,pokerhand,Keane,Lao Lao,luckforsome,Degag Soccer,Champions League,4,2,1,1,Liverpool,Man City,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Juventus,Bayern Munich,B...

Will update post #1 with this at some stage.

Munster Hurling is likely dead with everyone on Limerick - we'll see if anyone changes closer to the time.
                                                                        Epsom Derby was heading in a similar direction with everyone on High Def, but my hero Lao Lao came along with a random 25/1 shot.
                                                                        Everything else looks quite open with a decent variety of selections.

I'll update change deadlines as we go.
                                                                        Remember there'll be another dozen or so events added in July, so don't run amok too soon.

13 players, so €400, €120 again I reckon. Will pm ye over next few days with bank details.

Comment

Top stuff Armani fair play, great job with the spreadsheet as well.

Comment

...Spreadsheet looks a great way to do it...Hopefully works better through the year... And the roll of honour tab is a touch of genius- can't wait to have my name added...

Comment

#39
                                                                              Looks like it will be very close this year, don't think there that much of a spread between the selections.

I'll be heavy favourite I reckon

Comment

#40
                                                                                €40 shipped by bank
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#41
                                                                                  FOUR changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
                                                                                  Changes must be made by 21:59 5 days beforehand, on this thread, no editing or deleting once posted.
                                                                                  Post something like 'Change Derby from El Gran Senor to Secreto' to do a change.
                                                                                  Remember there'll be another dozen or so events added in July, and the 4 changes will include those events.
                                                                                  *********
                                                                                  March change deadlines.
                                                                                  Aussie Rules 2021 Season. Deadline 13/03.
                                                                                  Horse-Racing. Gold Cup. Deadline 14/03.
                                                                                  Rugby League. Super League 2021. Deadline 21/03.
                                                                                  Baseball. 2021 Major League Season. Deadline 26/03.

Note all initial selections are now in the second link in post 1.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Rip napoli, aj first casualty of the year, top bants!

Was funking for milan to concede late too, glad to be back!
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      Rip napoli, aj first casualty of the year, top bants!
                                                                                      That was annoying, I went too hipster there.

Last 16 draw has just thrown up a monster - MUFC (limpwhacker, Strewelpeter, luckforsome) v AC Milan (premierstone, Nuck, LaoLao, Degag) in the first major head-to-head of our competition.
                                                                                      Spurs and Ajax got winnable ties against Zagreb and Young Boys.

Comment

#44

Last 16 draw has just thrown up a monster - MUFC (limpwhacker, Strewelpeter, luckforsome) v AC Milan (premierstone, Nuck, LaoLao, Degag) in the first major head-to-head of our competition.

As a Man Utd fan, I am completely and utterly torn. I might just not watch football for the two weeks that the two legs are played.

Comment

#45

Don't think anyone saw Granada winning though, I was more worried about Lille. Always nice to win after being the first out anyways!
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            FOUR changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
                                                                                            Changes must be made by 21:59 5 days beforehand, on this thread, no editing or deleting once posted.
                                                                                            Remember there'll be another dozen or so events added in July, and the 4 changes will include those events.
                                                                                            *********
                                                                                            Late March/Early April change deadlines.
                                                                                            Aussie Rules 2021 Season. Deadline 13/03.
                                                                                            Horse-Racing. Gold Cup. Deadline 14/03.
                                                                                            Rugby League. Super League. Deadline 21/03.
                                                                                            Baseball. Major League Season. Deadline 27/03.
                                                                                            Golf. US Masters. Deadline 03/04.

Note all initial selections are now in the second link in post 1.

********
                                                                                            Won't be long until we get the first results on board with the Cheltenham Gold Cup and (hopefully) 6 Nations rugby due in the next few weeks.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Right, so no trouble with tables as you guys aren't using them....
                                                                                              For the record, copying and pasting from sheets/excel creates a table as demonstrated above.
                                                                                              My work here is done.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                Right, so no trouble with tables as you guys aren't using them....
                                                                                                For the record, copying and pasting from sheets/excel creates a table as demonstrated above.
                                                                                                My work here is done.
                                                                                                Cheers, I think it might have been the amount and size of the tables I was doing last year that caused a problem - they were around 40 cols x 15 rows.
                                                                                                I'm going to limit the tables on this thread to just one small table (the leaderboard) for every completed event, and keep the big tables in google sheets.
                                                                                                Sure we'll see how it goes, people can let you know if it gets bogged down again.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  So after a 5 week wait, we finally get to the day of the first completed event.
                                                                                                  In a break with tradition it looks like everyone will at least get to the starting post of a horse race.
                                                                                                  7 people on fav Al Boum Photo, 2 x Minella Indo and 1 each for Champ, Frodon, Royal Pagaille and A Plus Tard. Half the field covered, surely someone gets points.
                                                                                                  It'll be the evening time before I get to update etc.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Full Sport,Event,1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,ArmaniJeans,premierstone,RichieM,shrapnel,limpwhacker,Strewelpeter,Nuck Chorris Soccer,Champions League,4,2,1,1,Liverpool,Man City,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Juventus Soccer,Europa League,4,2,1,1,Napoli,AC Milan,Spurs,Spurs,MUFC,MUFC

Result 1/40
                                                                                                    Cheltenham Gold Cup

1st Minella Indo. 4 points - mdoug, ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                    2nd A Plus Tard. 2 points - Strewelpeter
                                                                                                    3rd Al Boum Photo. 1 point - premierstone, limpwhacker, RichieM, NuckChorris, pokerhand, Keane, luckforsome.

Leaderboard
                                                                                                    This will be the only table regularly posted on thread.
                                                                                                    Full details of how the points have been calculated and all remaining selections etc can be found in the spreadsheet link at the start of the post (will also place in OP).
                                                                                                    Rugby Golf Snooker GAA F Soccer Soccer Horses Darts
                                                                                                    6N TTS US Masters Worlds NFL Div 3 Europa ECL Epsom Derby World Cup
                                                                                                    ArmaniJeans 4 Jonny May Dustin Johnson Ronnie Tipperary Napoli Liverpool High Definition Netherlands
                                                                                                    mdoug 4 Teddy Thomas Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Derry Ajax Bayern High Definition Wales
                                                                                                    Strewelpeter 2 Teddy Thomas Rory McIlroy Bingtao Cavan MUFC Bayern High Definition Netherlands
                                                                                                    pokerhand 1 Jonny May Dustin Johnson Robertson Cavan Spurs Bayern High Definition Wales
                                                                                                    limpwhacker 1 Jonny May Koepka Judd Trump Cavan MUFC Bayern High Definition England
                                                                                                    luckforsome 1 Jonny May Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Cavan MUFC Bayern High Definition Wales
                                                                                                    premierstone 1 Jonny May Rory McIlroy Selby Cavan AC Milan Man City High Definition Scotland
                                                                                                    RichieM 1 Teddy Thomas Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Derry Spurs Bayern High Definition Netherlands
                                                                                                    Nuck Chorris 1 James Lowe Patrick Reed Ronnie Cavan AC Milan Juventus High Definition Wales
                                                                                                    Keane 1 Jonny May Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Tipperary Spurs Man City High Definition Netherlands
                                                                                                    shrapnel 0 Antoine Dupont Sungjae Im Judd Trump Tipperary Spurs Bayern High Definition Belgium
                                                                                                    Lao Lao 0 Teddy Thomas Dustin Johnson Ronnie Cavan AC Milan Juventus Master of the Seas Wales
                                                                                                    Degag 0 Paulo Odogwu Tony Finau Selby Tipperary AC Milan Bayern High Definition Wales
                                                                                                    Thankfully, this isn't a structurally flawed IPB competition that's over after one horse-race, so we move on to the next 39 events.
                                                                                                    Next up is the 6 Nations Top Try Scorer, which will end next Friday with the re-arranged Scotland France game.
                                                                                                    With that game in hand the French selections Dupont & Thomas have a sporting chance of getting into the points ; doesn't look like the English/Irish selections will contribute.
                                                                                                    (Some links to this and other on-going events in the second row)

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      First change The Masters. Out Koepka replaced by Dustin Johnson.

Comment

#52

Result 2/40
                                                                                                        6 Nations Top Try Scorer

A blank for us as Duhan Van der Merve gets the win, with Anthony Watson and Reece Zammit tied for second.

Leaderboard
                                                                                                        Figure in brackets is number of changes used.
                                                                                                        Golf Snooker GAA F Soccer Soccer Horses Darts Tennis
                                                                                                        US Masters Worlds NFL Div 3 Europa ECL Epsom Derby World Cup French Women
                                                                                                        ArmaniJeans 4 Dustin Johnson Ronnie Tipperary Napoli Liverpool High Definition Netherlands Swiatek
                                                                                                        mdoug 4 Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Derry Ajax Bayern High Definition Wales Ashleigh Barty
                                                                                                        Strewelpeter 2 Rory McIlroy Bingtao Cavan MUFC Bayern High Definition Netherlands Swiatek
                                                                                                        pokerhand 1 Dustin Johnson Robertson Cavan Spurs Bayern High Definition Wales S Halep
                                                                                                        limpwhacker (1) 1 Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Cavan MUFC Bayern High Definition England S Halep
                                                                                                        luckforsome 1 Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Cavan MUFC Bayern High Definition Wales S Halep
                                                                                                        premierstone 1 Rory McIlroy Selby Cavan AC Milan Man City High Definition Scotland S Halep
                                                                                                        RichieM 1 Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Derry Spurs Bayern High Definition Netherlands Ashleigh Barty
                                                                                                        Nuck Chorris 1 Patrick Reed Ronnie Cavan AC Milan Juventus High Definition Wales S Halep
                                                                                                        Keane 1 Dustin Johnson Judd Trump Tipperary Spurs Man City High Definition Netherlands S Halep
                                                                                                        shrapnel 0 Sungjae Im Judd Trump Tipperary Spurs Bayern High Definition Belgium S Halep
                                                                                                        Lao Lao 0 Dustin Johnson Ronnie Cavan AC Milan Juventus Master of the Seas Wales Osaka
                                                                                                        Degag 0 Tony Finau Selby Tipperary AC Milan Bayern High Definition Wales Osaka
                                                                                                        GAA NFL Div3 was scheduled to have it's final next weekend which would have been perfect timing for this competition, but hasn't started yet because of Covid.
                                                                                                        I guess we'll have to wait and see if they find a place for it, probably already looking a bit dodgy.
                                                                                                        So next to finish will be the Augusta Masters in two weeks time. Points 5-3-2-1-1 as with all the golf majors.
                                                                                                        Unusual to see over half the selections on one player in the golf, I guess DJ's easy win in November was fresh in the minds when we picked.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          *********
                                                                                                          April change deadlines.
                                                                                                          Golf. US Masters. Deadline 03/04.
                                                                                                          Snooker. World Champs. Deadline 12/04.

Comment

#54

Result 3/40
                                                                                                            US Masters Golf

Golf is very difficult - maybe should have paid 1 point to Top 10 and ties or something.
                                                                                                            Tony Finau (Degag) and Patrick Reed (Nuck) the only selections to make the cut but just came up short of the Top 5 and points.

Leaderboard
                                                                                                            Snooker Soccer Soccer Horses Tennis GAA F Golf Ice Hockey
                                                                                                            Worlds Europa ECL Epsom Derby French NFL Div 3 US Open Stanley Cup
                                                                                                            ArmaniJeans 4 Ronnie Napoli Liverpool High Definition Swiatek Tipperary De Chambeau Vegas GK
                                                                                                            mdoug 4 Judd Trump Ajax Bayern High Definition Ashleigh Barty Derry Oosthuizen Boston Bruins
                                                                                                            Strewelpeter 2 Bingtao MUFC Bayern High Definition Swiatek Cavan Rory McIlroy Montreal C
                                                                                                            pokerhand 1 Robertson Spurs Bayern High Definition S Halep Cavan Dustin Johnson Tampa Bay
                                                                                                            limpwhacker (1) 1 Judd Trump MUFC Bayern High Definition S Halep Cavan De Chambeau Tampa Bay
                                                                                                            luckforsome 1 Judd Trump MUFC Bayern High Definition S Halep Cavan Dustin Johnson Vegas GK
                                                                                                            premierstone 1 Selby AC Milan Man City High Definition S Halep Cavan Dustin Johnson Tampa Bay
                                                                                                            RichieM 1 Judd Trump Spurs Bayern High Definition Ashleigh Barty Derry Dustin Johnson Tampa Bay
                                                                                                            Nuck Chorris 1 Ronnie AC Milan Juventus High Definition S Halep Cavan Dustin Johnson Toronto ML
                                                                                                            Keane 1 Judd Trump Spurs Man City High Definition S Halep Tipperary Dustin Johnson Tampa Bay
                                                                                                            shrapnel 0 Judd Trump Spurs Bayern High Definition S Halep Tipperary Jon Rahm Tampa Bay
                                                                                                            Lao Lao 0 Ronnie AC Milan Juventus Master of the Seas Osaka Cavan Justin Thomas Colarado Av
                                                                                                            Degag 0 Selby AC Milan Bayern High Definition Osaka Tipperary Koepka Toronto ML
                                                                                                            Champions League soccer might be an early kill as well with Liverpool, Bayern and City all facing tricky second legs this week.
                                                                                                            Otherwise the next to finish will be the world snooker championship. Surely bound to be points there with the top 4 in the betting covered + lively outsider Yan Bingtao.
                                                                                                            Darts World Cup should have been up before that but has been put back to September because of covid.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              *********
                                                                                                              May change deadlines.
                                                                                                              GAA. NFL Div3. Deadline 10/05.
                                                                                                              Tennis. French Open. Deadline 25/05.
                                                                                                              Horses. Epsom Derby. Deadline 31/05.

*********
                                                                                                              Snooker has continued the slaughter of our selections with just Mark Selby (premierstone, Degag) making it into the points.
                                                                                                              Final on Monday, it'll probably be Tuesday night before I get a chance to update.
                                                                                                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 28-04-21, 21:58.

Comment

#56

Result 4/40
                                                                                                                Snooker World Championship

1st. Mark Selby. 4 points - premierstone, Degag.
                                                                                                                2nd. Shaun Murphy.2 points - no-one.
                                                                                                                Semi Final. Stuart Bingham. 1 point - no-one.
                                                                                                                Semi Final. Kyren Wilson. 1 point - no-one.

Leaderboard
                                                                                                                New leader alert.

premierstone leaps to the top, and with at least 1 more point due from Man City is our early pacesetter.
                                                                                                                Soccer Soccer Horses Tennis GAA F Golf Ice Hockey Soccer
                                                                                                                Europa ECL Epsom Derby French NFL Div 3 US Open Stanley Cup UEFA 2020
                                                                                                                premierstone 5 AC Milan Man City High Definition S Halep Cavan Dustin Johnson Tampa Bay Belgium
                                                                                                                ArmaniJeans 4 Napoli Liverpool High Definition Swiatek Tipperary De Chambeau Vegas GK Netherlands
                                                                                                                mdoug 4 Ajax Bayern High Definition Ashleigh Barty Derry Oosthuizen Boston Bruins Germany
                                                                                                                Degag 4 AC Milan Bayern High Definition Osaka Tipperary Koepka Toronto ML France
                                                                                                                Strewelpeter 2 MUFC Bayern High Definition Swiatek Cavan Rory McIlroy Montreal C France
                                                                                                                pokerhand 1 Spurs Bayern High Definition S Halep Cavan Dustin Johnson Tampa Bay France
                                                                                                                limpwhacker (1) 1 MUFC Bayern High Definition S Halep Cavan De Chambeau Tampa Bay France
                                                                                                                luckforsome 1 MUFC Bayern High Definition S Halep Cavan Dustin Johnson Vegas GK France
                                                                                                                RichieM 1 Spurs Bayern High Definition Ashleigh Barty Derry Dustin Johnson Tampa Bay France
                                                                                                                Nuck Chorris 1 AC Milan Juventus High Definition S Halep Cavan Dustin Johnson Toronto ML Spain
                                                                                                                Keane 1 Spurs Man City High Definition S Halep Tipperary Dustin Johnson Tampa Bay France
                                                                                                                shrapnel 0 Spurs Bayern High Definition S Halep Tipperary Jon Rahm Tampa Bay France
                                                                                                                Lao Lao 0 AC Milan Juventus Master of the Seas Osaka Cavan Justin Thomas Colarado Av Germany
                                                                                                                Europa & Champions League soccer next. MUFC (Strewelpeter, limpwhacker, luckforsome) look pretty certain to reach the Europa final and a chance of 4 points.
                                                                                                                Man City (premierstone, Keane) are favourites to reach the CL final, but still have a bit of work to do against PSG in their semi-final this week.
                                                                                                                Quickly followed by the Epsom Derby, which would be more fun if High Definition became a non-runner for any reason.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  High Definition is out of his prep run on Saturday as he has a problem with his bloods so you might get your wish Armani!

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Some updates on on-going long-term events from exotic locations like Los Angeles, Melbourne, Toronto and errrr, Wigan.
                                                                                                                    Wiki links on the second row.
                                                                                                                    Ice Hockey Basketball Baseball R-League Aussie Rules
                                                                                                                    Stanley Cup NBA World Series Super Lg 2021 Season
                                                                                                                    premierstone 5 Tampa Bay LA Lakers Yankees St Helens Geelong
                                                                                                                    ArmaniJeans 4 Vegas GK Brooklyn Nets Padres St Helens Richmond
                                                                                                                    mdoug 4 Boston Bruins LA Lakers Dodgers St Helens Port Adelaide
                                                                                                                    Degag 4 Toronto ML LA Lakers Dodgers Wigan Richmond
                                                                                                                    Strewelpeter 2 Montreal C Brooklyn Nets Chicago Wsox St Helens Richmond
                                                                                                                    pokerhand 1 Tampa Bay Brooklyn Nets Dodgers St Helens Richmond
                                                                                                                    limpwhacker (1) 1 Tampa Bay LA Lakers Dodgers St Helens Richmond
                                                                                                                    luckforsome 1 Vegas GK Brooklyn Nets Yankees St Helens Richmond
                                                                                                                    RichieM 1 Tampa Bay LA Lakers Dodgers Wigan Geelong
                                                                                                                    Nuck Chorris 1 Toronto ML Utah Jazz Dodgers St Helens Geelong
                                                                                                                    Keane 1 Tampa Bay LA Lakers Dodgers St Helens Geelong
                                                                                                                    shrapnel 0 Tampa Bay LA Lakers Yankees Wigan Geelong
                                                                                                                    Lao Lao 0 Colarado Av LA Clippers Yankees Wigan St Kilda
                                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                                    .
                                                                                                                    Ice Hockey Stanley Cup
                                                                                                                    SPOILER

56 game regular season will end over the next week, quickly followed by the 16 team playoffs. Looks like all our selections will be in those playoffs anyway.
                                                                                                                    Usually the teams play 'cross division' in the playoffs, but this season because of covid they stick to divisions, e.g., in the last 16 the winners of West play 4th in West, second plays third, with the winners meeting in the quarter finals - only after that will they play a team outside the division.
                                                                                                                    Colorado (Lao Lao) are 4/1 favourites for the outright win, ahead of Vegas (ArmaniJeans, luckforsome) at 5/1, with both Tampa Bay (6 picks) & Toronto (Degag, Nuck) at 7/1,
                                                                                                                    The last game of the final will be around the 10th July.

Basketball NBA
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    72 game regular season will be over next week, with playoffs starting immediately.
                                                                                                                    LA Lakers and Brooklyn Nets had the bulk of our picks, with only Utah (Nuck) and LA Clippers (Lao Lao) going a different route.
                                                                                                                    All should make playoffs, although the injury hit Lakers are just scraping in as a low seed. They do remain 7/2 2nd favourites though, behind the 5/2 Nets.
                                                                                                                    Clippers at 6/1 and Utah at 9/1 compete the top 4 in the betting so we can expect points.
                                                                                                                    The last game of the final will be mid-July.

Baseball World Series
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    A mere 30 games gone for each team in the monstrously long 160 game regular season.
                                                                                                                    From memory only the best 10 of the 30 teams make the playoffs, so there's at least some point to all those games.
                                                                                                                    Dodgers and Yankees were the popular picks here, with just San Diego Padres (ArmaniJeans) and Chicago White Sox (Strewelpeter) going solo.
                                                                                                                    All selections have winning records, so progressing nicely early doors. Dodgers are 3/1 favs.
                                                                                                                    This will run most of the year though with the 7th game of the World Series scheduled for early November.

Rugby League
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    An uninspiring event with Helens (9) and Wigan (4) the only picks.
                                                                                                                    They are both 100% after 5 (of 22 I think) games, so no reason to think they won't finish 1-2, win their home semi's and meet in the final on October 9th.

Aussie Rules
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    7 of 23 regular season games completed, before Top 8 go into playoffs.
                                                                                                                    They do have a decent playoff system which gives rewards (home games, bye weeks, double chance) the higher up that you finish within that 8.
                                                                                                                    Richmond (6 picks) and Geelong (5) are going just ok with 4 wins and 3 defeats. They meet Friday afternoon and the loser will be in a wee bit of trouble.
                                                                                                                    Port Adelaide (mdoug) going nicely with 5 wins whilst St Kilda (Lao Lao) need to get moving.
                                                                                                                    Richmond are 4/1 favs with Port Adelaide 5/1, Geelong 9/1 and St Kilda 50/1.
                                                                                                                    The final is on September 24th.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 06-05-21, 13:35.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      2nd change. Women's tennis French open. Out Simona Halep in Ashleigh Bartry.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        ...1st change please- Womens French open.... Simona Halep out and Ashleigh Bartry in... Thank you!...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X