• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pokerhand
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1389891436

Late December change deadlines
    Horses. King George Chase. Deadline 21/12.

Deadline time 21:59.

Th-Th-Th-Th-That's all folks.
    May need to switch for a differential... But may not be relevant or all in vain if norwary wins the handball.... I have so many differentials as it is but too much ground to make up though I think.

How do you see it panning out AJ?

Leave a comment:

• pokerhand
    replied
    Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    Norway, France, and Denmark safely through to the semis. Russia is out. France meets Denmark in the top half of the draw, norway will face Spain.
    We are all rooting for Spain right?

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

Late December change deadlines

Deadline time 21:59.

Th-Th-Th-Th-That's all folks.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Norway, France, and Denmark safely through to the semis. Russia is out. France meets Denmark in the top half of the draw, norway will face Spain.

Leave a comment:

• limpwhacker
    replied
    King George change to Minella Indo please.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    In handball - Denmark, France and Russia all safely into the quarter-finals which start tomorrow.
    Norway still have a bit of work to do to break the curse of Lao L also qualify.
    If Sweden beat Romania (likely) then Norway will need to win or draw against useful Netherlands in their final group game tonight. They'll play either France or Russia if they do qualify which would be a big contest in our competition.
    All matches seem to be live on this channel if anyone ever wants to catch a game.
    IHF - Competitions - YouTube

Strange situation re this sport generally - seems somewhat massive around the rest of Europe with player earning decent money (100K, with 500K+ for yer handball Messi's) yet us and the UK have completely ignored it.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    And so the penultimate change deadline comes crashing down, after a bit of last day manoeuvring. We can do it all again on the 21st for the King George.
    Anyway, here's where it ended up.
    Handball Horses Soccer Soccer Soccer Darts
    Womens Wcup KG EPLLP 31/12 EPLTS 31/12 C'Ship 31/12 WC Best Eng
    premierstone (3) €400.00 41 Norway Envoi Allen Brentford Harry Kane Fulham James Wade
    mdoug (4) €120.00 39 Russia Clan Des Obeaux Burnley Calvert-Lewin WBA Aspinall
    shrapnel (2) 38 France Alaho Norwich Jamie Vardy WBA Aspinall
    pokerhand (2) 37 Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Brighton Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    Keane (2) 37 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Newcastle Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    ArmaniJeans (2) 34 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah WBA Ryan Searle
    RichieM (3) 33 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Palace Mo Salah Bournemouth Rob Cross
    limpwhacker (3) 32 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    Strewelpeter 29 Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Swansea Mo Salah Fulham Aspinall
    luckforsome (2) 25 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah Fulham Michael Smith
    Degag (3) 20.17 Norway Frodon Brighton Mo Salah WBA Joe Cullen
    Nuck Chorris (2) 16 France Shiskin Watford Mo Salah WBA James Wade
    Lao Lao (2) 9 Norway Envoi Allen Swansea Harry Kane WBA Adrian Lewis
    Just to clarify the rules of the darts - it's a last longest on just the 30ish English players in the World Championship.
    4-2-1 points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
    If players get knocked out in the same round then they are considered to have tied - I ignore averages, margin of defeat, who played first etc.
    This event could go into the first few days of January, though recent history suggests not.

Leave a comment:

• RichieM
    replied
    Will change the darts to rob cross. Haven’t worked out if there is actually a path to the money for me but suspect it mathematically possible

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    My second change.
    Darts Best English player.
    Aspinall out, would still be my choice but sadly he doesn't really work for me v Keane.
    premierstone has nabbed my alternative choice of Wade.
    I'll quickly pass on the poorly backboned Michael Smith, and more reluctantly pass on the likeable but flaky Rob Cross.
    So, without much enthusiasm and full in the knowledge that I'll regret it, welcome to the team Ryan Searle.

TLDR. Nathan Aspinall out, Ryan Searle in.

Leave a comment:

• premierstone
    replied
    Safe in the knowledge that it will go horrifically wrong I will none the less change my Darts selection to James Wade!

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Originally posted by Keane View Post
    I had myself as fav before Newcastle beat Burnley
    was delighted with that one myself!

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    I had myself as fav before Newcastle beat Burnley

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied

My selections this year have been beyond shocking although there was a few that had potential and were differentiators but ultimately didn't work out.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
    Will most likely come down to epllp as contenders are all on joint bottom in Norwich, Newcastle and burnsley, however premierstone has a good card in Fulham for championship FP. However Keane has top scorer points locked up... So I make it to be between them for the top two.... But to be fair it is anyone game as darts and handball is complete wildcards and somebody probably have a four pointer there.

Wouldn't rule out AJ and RichieM ether as their salah four points brings them into the mix also.

Most open competition since we started doing it as can make cases for 7 runners which is unusual with only 6 events left...
    I do have an obvious Keane issue as 5 of our 6 selections are the same (and he has a 3 point lead on me). So Newcastle would have to blank (be out of bottom 3) and Norwich be stone last for me to make up that ground. I don't particularly want to change from Aspinall but looks like I have to get a differential against everyone there. Pity there's no more football before that deadline.

Leave a comment:

• pokerhand
    replied
    Everyone who is on Norway must be feeling doomed

Leave a comment:

• pokerhand
    replied
    But the overriding question... Can Lao Lao break his jinx and nail a four pointer?

Leave a comment:

• pokerhand
    replied
    Will most likely come down to epllp as contenders are all on joint bottom in Norwich, Newcastle and burnsley, however premierstone has a good card in Fulham for championship FP. However Keane has top scorer points locked up... So I make it to be between them for the top two.... But to be fair it is anyone game as darts and handball is complete wildcards and somebody probably have a four pointer there.

Wouldn't rule out AJ and RichieM ether as their salah four points brings them into the mix also.

Most open competition since we started doing it as can make cases for 7 runners which is unusual with only 6 events left...

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Full Sport,Event,1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,ArmaniJeans,premierstone,RichieM,shrapnel,limpwhacker,Strewelpeter,Nuck Chorris Soccer,Champions League,4,2,1,1,Liverpool,Man City,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Juventus Soccer,Europa League,4,2,1,1,Napoli,AC Milan,Spurs,Spurs,MUFC,MUFC

Result 34/40
    Davis Cup Tennis

1st. Russia. 4 points - premierstone, Keane.
    2nd. Croatia. 2 points - pokerhand.
    Semi. Germany. 1 point - no-one.
    Semi. Serbia. 1 point - mdoug, limpwhacker.

Leaderboard
    New leader alert - premierstone regains top spot as we head into the final 3 weeks. Has he enough to hold on with four opponents within four points and waiting to pounce?
    Handball Horses Soccer Soccer Soccer Darts
    Womens Wcup KG EPLLP 31/12 EPLTS 31/12 C'Ship 31/12 WC Best Eng
    premierstone (2) €400.00 41 Norway Envoi Allen Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Michael Smith
    mdoug (4) €120.00 39 Russia Clan Des Obeaux Burnley Calvert-Lewin WBA Aspinall
    shrapnel (2) 38 France Alaho Norwich Jamie Vardy WBA Aspinall
    pokerhand (2) 37 Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Brighton Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    Keane (2) 37 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Newcastle Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    ArmaniJeans (1) 34 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    RichieM (2) 33 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Palace Mo Salah Bournemouth James Wade
    limpwhacker (3) 32 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    Strewelpeter 29 Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Swansea Mo Salah Fulham Aspinall
    luckforsome (2) 25 Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah Fulham Michael Smith
    Degag (3) 20.17 Norway Frodon Brighton Mo Salah WBA Joe Cullen
    Nuck Chorris (2) 16 France Shiskin Watford Mo Salah WBA James Wade
    Lao Lao (2) 9 Norway Envoi Allen Swansea Harry Kane WBA Adrian Lewis
    Handball Women's World Championship ongoing with the final in two weeks time. Points here are 4-2-1 with the 3rd place playoff counting.

Leave a comment:

• Degag
    replied
    Change to Joe Cullen in the darts please

Leave a comment:

• pokerhand
    replied

As you know I never query peoples selections, but at the time when I saw you pick Croatia I did think "I wonder if he's had a brain melt and temporarily thought that Djokovic is Croatian?"
    You mean like the brain melt I had in picking spurs in the basketball last year

Ha, can't remember the reason why I picked them.... But if that was the reason, then that was an beyond inspired brain melt ​​​

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
    I was all set to concede and Croatia comes out of nowhere to get to final... How the hell did I pick them
    As you know I never query peoples selections, but at the time when I saw you pick Croatia I did think "I wonder if he's had a brain melt and temporarily thought that Djokovic is Croatian?"

Leave a comment:

• pokerhand
    replied
    I was all set to concede and Croatia comes out of nowhere to get to final... How the hell did I pick them

Leave a comment:

• RichieM
    replied
    Go on Germany

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Result 33/40
    Snooker UK Championship

1st. Kyren Wilson or Luca Brecel maybe, but no-one we selected got into the points.

Leaderboard
    Tennis Handball Horses Soccer Soccer Soccer Darts
    Davis Cup Womens Wcup KG EPLLP 31/12 EPLTS 31/12 C'Ship 31/12 WC Best Eng
    shrapnel (2) 38 Spain France Alaho Norwich Jamie Vardy WBA Aspinall
    mdoug (4) 38 Serbia Russia Clan Des Obeaux Burnley Calvert-Lewin WBA Aspinall
    premierstone (2) 37 Russia Norway Envoi Allen Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Michael Smith
    pokerhand (2) 35 Croatia Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Brighton Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    ArmaniJeans (1) 34 Great Britain Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    RichieM (2) 33 Canada Norway Clan Des Obeaux Palace Mo Salah Bournemouth James Wade
    Keane (2) 33 Russia Norway Clan Des Obeaux Newcastle Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    limpwhacker (3) 31 Serbia Norway Clan Des Obeaux Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    Strewelpeter 29 Canada Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Swansea Mo Salah Fulham Aspinall
    luckforsome (2) 25 Spain Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah Fulham Michael Smith
    Degag (2) 20.17 Australia Norway Frodon Brighton Mo Salah WBA Michael Smith
    Nuck Chorris (2) 16 Spain France Shiskin Watford Mo Salah WBA James Wade
    Lao Lao (2) 9 Spain Norway Envoi Allen Swansea Harry Kane WBA Adrian Lewis
    Davis Cup Final on Sunday..

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Tennis Snooker Handball Horses Soccer Soccer Soccer Darts
    Davis Cup UK Womens Wcup KG EPLLP 31/12 EPLTS 31/12 C'Ship 31/12 WC Best Eng
    shrapnel (2) 38 Spain Trump France Alaho Norwich Jamie Vardy WBA Aspinall
    mdoug (4) 38 Serbia Selby Russia Clan Des Obeaux Burnley Calvert-Lewin WBA Aspinall
    premierstone (2) 37 Russia Selby Norway Envoi Allen Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Michael Smith
    pokerhand (2) 35 Croatia Robertson Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Brighton Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    ArmaniJeans (1) 34 Great Britain Ronnie Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    RichieM (2) 33 Canada Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Palace Mo Salah Bournemouth James Wade
    Keane (2) 33 Russia Selby Norway Clan Des Obeaux Newcastle Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    limpwhacker (3) 31 Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    Strewelpeter 29 Canada Ding Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Swansea Mo Salah Fulham Aspinall
    luckforsome (2) 25 Spain Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah Fulham Michael Smith
    Degag (2) 20.17 Australia Selby Norway Frodon Brighton Mo Salah WBA Michael Smith
    Nuck Chorris (2) 16 Spain Trump France Shiskin Watford Mo Salah WBA James Wade
    Lao Lao (2) 9 Spain Ronnie Norway Envoi Allen Swansea Harry Kane WBA Adrian Lewis

Some big games today.
    Croatia (pokerhand) v Serbia (mdoug, limpwhacker) in the semi-final of the Davis Cup. (Russia play their semi-final tomorrow).
    Ronnie (AJ, Lao Lao) attempts to get into the points in the snooker, playing Kyren Wilson in his quarter-final.
    And in soccer, Fulham (5 picks) are at home to Bournemouth (RichieM) in a game that will go a long way to deciding the points in the Championship.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

December change deadlines
    Darts. World Champs Best English player. Deadline 10/12.

All deadline times 21:59.

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied

Without wanting to delve too far into the well established rules and regulations, I presume expect from such a fine, upstanding and even outstanding competition like this one, that there is a hefty consolidation prize for the poor fucker that finishes last, right, RIGHT?

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
    ... Change, Judd Trump to Mark Selt/anyone else left in the tourney- I'll take Ronnie... AJ and Lao Lao only ones left in the snooker already...
    Law of averages says Lao Lao has to get a 4 pointer soon. C'mon.
    Could be a big week for me if Ronnie gets it done, and GB looking good in their tennis quarter-final at the moment.
    Or could end in tears.

Leave a comment:

• luckforsome
    replied
    ... Change, Judd Trump to Mark Selt/anyone else left in the tourney- I'll take Ronnie... AJ and Lao Lao only ones left in the snooker already...

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Quarter-final line-up finalized in the Davis Cup.
    Russia (premierstone, Keane) v Sweden, with the winners playing Great Britain (ArmaniJeans) or Germany.
    In the other half Croatia (pokerhand) v Italy, and Serbia (mdoug, limpwhacker) v Kazakstan.
    Canada, Australia and Spain all eliminated in the groups.
    Could be a pivotal event.

In the snooker a couple of big eliminations with Ding and Selby exiting early.
    Just Trump and Ronnie left in the hunt at the last 32 stage.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    mdoug (4) 38 Serbia Selby Russia Clan Des Obeaux Burnley Calvert-Lewin WBA Aspinall
    premierstone (2) 37 Russia Selby Norway Envoi Allen Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Michael Smith
    pokerhand (2) 35 Croatia Robertson Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Brighton Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    ArmaniJeans (1) 34 Great Britain Ronnie Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    RichieM (2) 33 Canada Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Palace Mo Salah Bournemouth James Wade
    Keane (2) 33 Russia Selby Norway Clan Des Obeaux Newcastle Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    limpwhacker (3) 31 Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Brentford Harry Kane Fulham Rob Cross
    Strewelpeter 29 Canada Ding Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Swansea Mo Salah Fulham Aspinall
    luckforsome (2) 25 Spain Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah Fulham Michael Smith
    Degag (2) 20.17 Australia Selby Norway Frodon Brighton Mo Salah WBA Michael Smith
    Lao Lao (2) 9 Spain Ronnie Norway Envoi Allen Swansea Harry Kane WBA Adrian Lewis
    Updated with my tennis change, and also to confirm (prob not needed) that mdougs Russia is 'RHF' in the handball event.
    Snooker will be on BBC/Eurosport all week, and Eurosport will also show intermittent Davis Cup from the quarter final stage on Monday onwards.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i was looking into this over the last week or so, and had it pretty much as a coin flip between Spain and Serbia, but as they were on the same side of the draw, made it difficult to pick one over the other. Was very surprised when i looked yesterday to see Russia are in fact massive favorites!
    Yeah, it was difficult/interesting to work out without a betting market. I was originally going Italy with partial home advantage until Berettini got injured. Then I thought UK must be the favs with two T20 singles players and a topnotch doubles pairings. Never really considered Russia and then see they are 6/4 when a market finally developed this week.

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    Something tells me I missed some big announcement in the Davis cup community about either the Swedish or Canadian team that aj picked up on.

hopefully Serbia are equally beaten out the door to save my blushes.
    i was looking into this over the last week or so, and had it pretty much as a coin flip between Spain and Serbia, but as they were on the same side of the draw, made it difficult to pick one over the other. Was very surprised when i looked yesterday to see Russia are in fact massive favorites!

Leave a comment:

• RichieM
    replied

Hah, I was just checking todays results as you typed, as expected a 3-0 defeat.
    Canada's two main guys Shapovalov and Auger-Aliassime (both top 12 in the singles rankings) withdrew (tiredness) a few weeks ago which moved them from contender to no-hoper.
    I did try to disguise my change as being 'a punt' rather than merely abandoning a lost cause

Neil Robertson (pokerhand) the big casualty in the first round of the snooker.
    Stupid toddlers really interfere with my ability to keep up on fringe sports.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    Something tells me I missed some big announcement in the Davis cup community about either the Swedish or Canadian team that aj picked up on.

Hah, I was just checking todays results as you typed, as expected a 3-0 defeat.
    Canada's two main guys Shapovalov and Auger-Aliassime (both top 12 in the singles rankings) withdrew (tiredness) a few weeks ago which moved them from contender to no-hoper.
    I did try to disguise my change as being 'a punt' rather than merely abandoning a lost cause

Neil Robertson (pokerhand) the big casualty in the first round of the snooker.

Leave a comment:

• RichieM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

Late November/early December change deadlines
    Tennis. Davis Cup. Deadline 20/11.
    Handball. Women's World Championship. Deadline 26/11.
    My first change - an mdoug style punt. In the Davis Cup tennis - I'll scrap Canada and bring in Great Britain. GSTQ.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

Late November/early December change deadlines
    Snooker. UK Championship. Deadline 18/11.
    Darts. World Champs Best English player. Deadline 10/12.

FYI remaining events where you can use change chips.
    Above, plus
    King George Chase.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Full Sport,Event,1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,ArmaniJeans,premierstone,RichieM,shrapnel,limpwhacker,Strewelpeter,Nuck Chorris Soccer,Champions League,4,2,1,1,Liverpool,Man City,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Bayern Munich,Juventus Soccer,Europa League,4,2,1,1,Napoli,AC Milan,Spurs,Spurs,MUFC,MUFC

Result 32/40
    Cricket T20 World Cup

1st .Australia. 4 points - no-one.
    2nd. New Zealand. 2 points - ArmaniJeans.

Leaderboard and all 8 remaining events. There's a winning path in there somewhere for most people.
    ArmaniJeans 34 Canada Ronnie Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah WBA Aspinall
    UK Snooker Championship and Davis Cup Tennis both finish on the evening of Sunday 5th December. 4-2-1-1 points available in both and with a pleasingly wide range of selections I'd expect someone to bink. Note in the tennis that team 'RTF' is Russia (without flags or anthems etc coz of the drug issue).

Leave a comment:

• shrapnel
    replied
    AJ the only one scoring points in the cricket. will it be 2 or will it be 4?

Leave a comment:

• premierstone
    replied
    India on rhe verge of elimination in the Cricket which will make things even tighter at teh top!

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

November change deadlines
    Snooker. UK Championship. Deadline 18/11.

Above, plus
    Darts World Championship Best English, King George Chase.

Leave a comment:

• RichieM
    replied
    Can I change the Davis cup to Canada please.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

Result 31/40
    Baseball World Series

Atlanta to the rescue last night for those of us who didn't have the Dodgers

1st. Houston/Atlanta. 4 points - no-one.
    2nd. Houston/Atlanta. 2 points - no-one.
    Semi. Boston. 1 point- no-one.
    Semi. LA Dodgers. 1 point - mdoug, pokerhand, RichieM, Keane, limpwhacker, Degag, Nuck Chorris.

Leaderboard
    Cricket Tennis Snooker Handball Horses Soccer Soccer Soccer
    T20 World Cup Davis Cup UK Womens Wcup KG EPLLP 31/12 EPLTS 31/12 C'Ship 31/12
    shrapnel (2) 38 India Spain Trump France Alaho Norwich Jamie Vardy WBA
    mdoug (4) 38 India Serbia Selby Russia Clan Des Obeaux Burnley Calvert-Lewin WBA
    premierstone (2) 37 India Russia Selby Norway Envoi Allen Brentford Harry Kane Fulham
    pokerhand (2) 35 India Croatia Robertson Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Brighton Harry Kane Fulham
    RichieM (1) 33 India Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Palace Mo Salah Bournemouth
    Keane (2) 33 India Russia Selby Norway Clan Des Obeaux Newcastle Mo Salah WBA
    ArmaniJeans 32 New Zealand Canada Ronnie Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah WBA
    limpwhacker (3) 31 England Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Brentford Harry Kane Fulham
    Strewelpeter 29 England Canada Ding Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Swansea Mo Salah Fulham
    luckforsome (2) 25 India Spain Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah Fulham
    Degag (2) 20.17 England Australia Selby Norway Frodon Brighton Mo Salah WBA
    Nuck Chorris (2) 16 India Spain Trump France Shiskin Watford Mo Salah WBA
    Lao Lao (2) 9 West Indies Spain Ronnie Norway Envoi Allen Swansea Harry Kane WBA
    T20 World Cup next, ongoing with the final scheduled for 14th Nov.
    A win for India would cement our competition as being between the current top six.
    A win for England or NZ would bring some others into it, especially if India blank.
    Note the points here are 4-2, nothing for semi-finalists.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

Result 30/40
    Super League

1st. St Helens. 4 points - everyone except shrapnel, RichieM, Degag, Lao Lao.
    2nd. Catalan. 2 points - no-one.

Leaderboard
    Baseball Cricket Tennis Snooker Handball Horses Soccer Soccer
    World Series T20 World Cup Davis Cup UK Womens Wcup KG EPLLP 31/12 EPLTS 31/12
    shrapnel (2) 38 Yankees India Spain Trump France Alaho Norwich Jamie Vardy
    mdoug (4) 37 Dodgers India Serbia Selby Russia Clan Des Obeaux Burnley Calvert-Lewin
    premierstone (2) 37 Yankees India Russia Selby Norway Envoi Allen Brentford Harry Kane
    pokerhand (2) 34 Dodgers India Croatia Robertson Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Brighton Harry Kane
    RichieM (1) 32 Dodgers India Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Palace Mo Salah
    Keane (2) 32 Dodgers India Russia Selby Norway Clan Des Obeaux Newcastle Mo Salah
    ArmaniJeans 32 Padres New Zealand Canada Ronnie Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah
    limpwhacker (3) 30 Dodgers England Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Brentford Harry Kane
    Strewelpeter 29 Chicago Wsox England Canada Ding Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Swansea Mo Salah
    luckforsome (2) 25 Yankees India Spain Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich Mo Salah
    Degag (2) 19.17 Dodgers England Australia Selby Norway Frodon Brighton Mo Salah
    Nuck Chorris (2) 15 Dodgers India Spain Trump France Shiskin Watford Mo Salah
    Lao Lao (2) 9 Yankees West Indies Spain Ronnie Norway Envoi Allen Swansea Harry Kane
    Baseball next to finish. Already eliminated are Padres (AJ) and Yankees (4 picks).
    Best of 5 game quarter-finals are in progress - Dodgers (7 picks) are 1-1 whilst Chicago (SP) are losing 2-0.
    So this event could be over quickly if the picks lose, or carry on to the end of the month when the final is scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

October change deadlines
    Cricket. T20 World Cup. Deadline 12/10.

Above, plus
    Handball World Cup, Davis Cup, Snooker UK, Darts World Championship,
    King George Chase.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    FFS!
    I was in Venice, literally 10 metres from the real St Marks Basilica when I read this. Made me lol, and almost made me forget it had taken me about 60 minutes longer to find that square than it should have, stone cold lost in that maze of a city.
    Anyway...…

Result 29/40
    Arc De Triomphe

1st. Torquedor Tasso. 4 points - no-one.
    2nd. Tarnawa. 2 points - mdoug, premierstone, Keane, ArmaniJeans, limpwhacker, Degag.
    3rd. Hurricane Lane. 1 point - pokerhand, luckforsome.

Leaderboard
    Baseball R-League Cricket Tennis Snooker Handball Horses Soccer
    World Series Super Lg T20 World Cup Davis Cup UK Womens Wcup KG EPLLP 31/12
    shrapnel (2) 38 Yankees Wigan India Spain Trump France Alaho Norwich
    mdoug (4) 33 Dodgers St Helens India Serbia Selby Russia Clan Des Obeaux Burnley
    premierstone (2) 33 Yankees St Helens India Russia Selby Norway Envoi Allen Brentford
    RichieM (1) 32 Dodgers Wigan India Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Palace
    pokerhand (2) 30 Dodgers St Helens India Croatia Robertson Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Brighton
    Keane (2) 28 Dodgers St Helens India Russia Selby Norway Clan Des Obeaux Newcastle
    ArmaniJeans 28 Padres St Helens New Zealand Canada Ronnie Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich
    limpwhacker (3) 26 Dodgers St Helens England Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Brentford
    Strewelpeter 25 Chicago Wsox St Helens England Canada Ding Denmark Clan Des Obeaux Swansea
    luckforsome (2) 21 Yankees St Helens India Spain Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux Norwich
    Degag (2) 19.17 Dodgers Wigan England Australia Selby Norway Frodon Brighton
    Nuck Chorris (2) 11 Dodgers St Helens India Spain Trump France Shiskin Watford
    Lao Lao (2) 9 Yankees Wigan West Indies Spain Ronnie Norway Envoi Allen Swansea
    Super League final on Saturday . St Helens (9 picks) against unpicked Catalan. I'm off travelling again, so Sunday before you get an update.

Just 1 game left for each team in the baseball regular season, and surprisingly still a bit left to play for play-off wise.
    My hipster pick of San Diego has gone down in flames, whilst Chicago White Sox (SP) are safely into the last 8.
    Dodgers (6 picks) could yet top their group and be into the last 8 and the cushion of best of 5 games, or could finish second & have to play a once-off wildcard game.
    That one-game playoff is the best case scenario for the Yankees (4 picks) who are in a 4 way tussle with Boston, Toronto and Seattle for two places in the wildcard round.
    That's my read of it anyway.
    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 03-10-21, 19:31.

Leave a comment:

• Strewelpeter
    replied
    FFS!

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Lots of changes there. Must admit I preferred it when I was the only one on Tarnawa.
    This is where it ended up at 21:59 deadline.
    St Marks Basilica was retired yesterday btw, not sure why SP not fixing these non-runners.
    mdoug all four changes used now.
    Horses
    Arc
    shrapnel (2) 38 Snowfall
    RichieM (1) 32 Adayar
    mdoug (4) 31 Tarnawa
    premierstone (2) 31 Tarnawa
    pokerhand (2) 29 Hurricane Lane
    Keane (2) 26 Tarnawa
    ArmaniJeans 26 Tarnawa
    Strewelpeter 25 St Marks Basilica
    limpwhacker (3) 24 Tarnawa
    luckforsome (2) 20 Hurricane Lane
    Degag (2) 17.17 Tarnawa
    Nuck Chorris (2) 11 St Marks Basilica
    Lao Lao (2) 9 Adayar

Leave a comment:

• mdoug
    replied
    Had been tempted not to use it but makes no sense really as only KG left for me.. 4th change arc to tarnawa please

Leave a comment:

• Lao Lao
    replied
    Change in the Arc to Adayar please

Leave a comment:

• premierstone
    replied
    Change Arc to Tarnawa please.

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    Arc change to Tarnawa please

Leave a comment:

• Degag
    replied
    Arc change to Tarnawa please

Leave a comment:

• luckforsome
    replied
    Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
    ...2nd Change... Ryder cup from Dustin Johnson to Jon Rham please...
    ... Eh, actually I change my mind on this one...

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied

Result 28/40
    Ryder Cup Highest Points Scorer.
    Points are 4-2-1 so a 3 way tie for second is 1 point each.

1st. Dustin Johnson. 4 points - shrapnel, RichieM, limpwhacker.
    2nd. Rahm, Morikawa, Cantley. 1 point - pokerhand, ArmaniJeans, luckforsome, Nuck Chorris.

Leaderboard
    Suddenly a gap at the top with shrapnel racing clear. Anything over 4 points is nice as it guarantees the lead for a few events.
    Horses Baseball R-League Cricket Tennis Snooker Handball Horses
    Arc World Series Super Lg T20 World Cup Davis Cup UK Womens Wcup KG
    shrapnel (2) 38 Snowfall Yankees Wigan India Spain Trump France Alaho
    RichieM (1) 32 Adayar Dodgers Wigan India Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux
    mdoug (3) 31 Love Dodgers St Helens India Serbia Selby Russia Clan Des Obeaux
    premierstone (1) 31 Love Yankees St Helens India Russia Selby Norway Envoi Allen
    pokerhand (2) 29 Hurricane Lane Dodgers St Helens India Croatia Robertson Denmark Clan Des Obeaux
    Keane (1) 26 Love Dodgers St Helens India Russia Selby Norway Clan Des Obeaux
    ArmaniJeans 26 Tarnawa Padres St Helens New Zealand Canada Ronnie Norway Clan Des Obeaux
    Strewelpeter 25 St Marks Basilica Chicago Wsox St Helens England Canada Ding Denmark Clan Des Obeaux
    limpwhacker (3) 24 Tarnawa Dodgers St Helens England Serbia Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux
    luckforsome (2) 20 Hurricane Lane Yankees St Helens India Spain Trump Norway Clan Des Obeaux
    Degag (1) 17.17 Love Dodgers Wigan England Australia Selby Norway Frodon
    Nuck Chorris (2) 11 St Marks Basilica Dodgers St Helens India Spain Trump France Shiskin
    Lao Lao (1) 9 Wonderful Tonight Yankees Wigan West Indies Spain Ronnie Norway Envoi Allen
    Arc De Triomphe next Sunday afternoon. Still a couple days til change deadline so I'll say nowt. I'm away next weekend so will be very late Sunday possibly Monday before I post the update.
    Rugby League has some potential for the chasing pack - Wigan beaten in their quarter-final so won't score. Up to St Helens in their home semi-final v Leeds next Friday to put some points on the board. Points are 4-2 in that event, nothing for beaten semi-finalists.

Leave a comment:

• RichieM
    replied
    Arc change to adayar please

Leave a comment:

• pokerhand
    replied
    Yes, DJ is, by my possibly flaky maths, guaranteed at worst a tie for second. Playing Casey in the singles looks a gift though.
    Of our selections just DJ, Rahm and Morikawa are alive for possible points. From your pov it's a shame that 100%er Morikawa got rested on Friday evening.
    Yeah... That was a surprise... I thought he would play all 5 matches.

Leave a comment:

• ArmaniJeans
    replied
    Yes, DJ is, by my possibly flaky maths, guaranteed at worst a tie for second. Playing Casey in the singles looks a gift though.
    Of our selections just DJ, Rahm and Morikawa are alive for possible points. From your pov it's a shame that 100%er Morikawa got rested on Friday evening.

Leave a comment:

• pokerhand
    replied
    Johnson looking good for the top points scorer...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X