• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Ascot 2020; Lockdowned and Loaded

We're back!

Rules of Racing below:

Same as last year's (and every other years) version:

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay the winner direct on the honour system

You are only entered when you reply to this thread with a post that says 'in'

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Ascot festival (Note; this is from 16-19 March i.e. Tuesday to Friday. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week. DOES NOT INCLUDE SATURDAY, 4 DAYS ONLY

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

tldr^^

pay the winner direct
    same as usual
    post 'In' below to be in

Comment

In

Comment

In

Comment

In
          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

In
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

In

Comment

In

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Runners and Riders so far:

Diceman (reigning Cheltenham luckbox extraordinaire)
                    Pat Custard
                    Eddie the Eagle
                    Aintree covid carrier eoghan104
                    Martin Sheen's less talented offspring
                    Froggie fermier
                    Future Champion RD3

€350 in the pot

Comment

In
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        In, also, I'd like odds on me winning it from somebody. I fully expect to have the price of a nice caravan in courtown from my punting this week.
                        Make a starting bid! Probably wont be able to give you the stakes you require but who knows.

Comment

Pat Custard
                          Eddie the Eagle
                          Froggie fermier
                          Future Champion RD3
                          First eliminated, living on past glories GAB
                          Jennies Jewel Grandad

€450 in the pot

Comment

Yep, in.

Comment

No. Far too big, you have to be favourite and a well fancied one. I'll pass.

Comment

Not that this should need quoting....

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                The table talk

So, as we should all know, I need you guys to post your daily picks as a TABLE.

Here's how:

Step 1: identify the winners of every race you're going to bet in (this is the easy bit).
                                Laugh to yourself thinking of the loots you will win and imagine the various goods and services you will purchase with your stack of freshly-minted fiddies.
                                Make sure when making these awesome selections that you adhere to Rules 3
                                (yes there are two Rule 3s, no I don't know why, now fuck off and refer to Rule 6)

Let's say we're going to back:

Race 1 - Dog Food Delight 100 Win
                                Race 2 - Never Started - 50 Each Way
                                Race 5 - Three Legged Tortoise - 50 Win
                                Race 5 - Donkey Derby - 50 Win
                                Race 7 - Reverse Gear - 25 Each Way

Step 2: open your favourite Spreadsheet application and create a list with 4 columns like the below:

Column A = Race number. Enter in the format 'R1', R2' etc
                                Column B = Horse Name. Spell it right, as per the official racecard you dyslexic scum.
                                Column C = stake
                                Column D = type of bet. Either W (win) or EW (each way). These are the only two allowable values in this data domain.

Save this spreadsheet so you can re-use it on subsequent days on your inevitable charge to glory.

Step 3: post your selection as a table in this thread:

simply copy your selections from Excel and paste into this thread. Then wrap [TABLE] tags around it like so.

Step 4: Submit your post and admire your handiwork as below

Step 5: ????Profit

If you fuck up this extremely simple task, I reserve the right to be a prick. See Rule 6.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                  No. Far too big, you have to be favourite and a well fancied one. I'll pass.
                                  I thought he'd ask for 1/10 the way he was talking himself up as the next Frankel....

Comment

in.
                                    Need some revenge after my cheltenham heartbreak.
                                    That final fence mentally broke me for weeks afterwards, high 4 figure figure that cost me
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      in.
                                      That final fence mentally broke me for weeks afterwards, high 4 figure figure that cost me
                                      and the pain of it being Dice who took advantage...can't even put a number on that

Comment

Pat Custard
                                        Eddie the Eagle
                                        Froggie fermier
                                        Future Champion RD3
                                        Jennies Jewel Grandad
                                        Incurable Nit ionapaul
                                        Sick as a Parrot

€550 in the pot

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          in.
                                          You would have approved how it was spent

Comment

IN for a cheap interest in what could be an absolute shit show betting wise

Comment

Pat Custard
                                              Eddie the Eagle
                                              Froggie fermier
                                              Future Champion RD3
                                              Jennies Jewel Grandad
                                              Incurable Nit ionapaul
                                              Sick as a Parrot
                                              Shambla the Rambla

€600 in the pot

Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 15-06-20, 13:22.

Comment

I see racing starts at 1.15 every day so please be very aware of the cutoff, especially dopey fuckers like Dead Parrott

Comment

R1 Keyser Soze 50 EW
                                                  R6 Jubiloso 100 W
                                                  R7 Coeur de Lion 50 W
                                                  R7 Blue Laureate 50 W

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

assuming there will be more runners before kick off i'll have e50 @ 10/1 - expecting 16 or so runners.
                                                    I'll give you 5/2. Max €50

Comment

I'll give you 11/4

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            We're getting odds for the side-gamble?
                                                            you want to go HU4ROLLZ?

or whatever sum is convenient

Comment

In, if its not too late for entries.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                  In, if its not too late for entries.
                                                                  the more the merrier, I will bump it again in the BBV now

Comment

Pat Custard
                                                                    Eddie the Eagle
                                                                    Froggie fermier
                                                                    Future Champion RD3
                                                                    Jennies Jewel Grandad
                                                                    Incurable Nit ionapaul
                                                                    Sick as a Parrot
                                                                    Shambla the Rambla
                                                                    Riverdeep Mountain to climb

€650 in the pot

Comment

R1 Glen Shiel 100 W
                                                                      R6 Queen Power 100 W
                                                                      R7 Land of Oz 100 W
                                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 16-06-20, 10:42.

Comment

Hmmm

Edit...nvm its only in dark mode you cant see them. Can u see above RD??
                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 15-06-20, 20:26.

Comment

R1 Shelir 50 EW
                                                                          R2 Mohaather 100 W
                                                                          R3 Ennistymon 100 W
                                                                          R6 Nazeef 100 W
                                                                          R7 Ashutor 50 EW
                                                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 16-06-20, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            Hmmm

Edit...nvm its only in dark mode you cant see them. Can u see above RD??
                                                                            yeah, I think just paste it in straight - looks fine anyway

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Sweet. Lets do it. You thinking like 25, 50? Don't mind what the amount is. Can also pay in rapidly depreciating ethereum.
                                                                              a pony for the pony racing

Although given the ambitious scale of your punting on Day 1, I could have this wrapped up quite quickly simply by doing nothing

Comment

#40
                                                                                ...
                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

#41
                                                                                  ...

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Is Saturday included in this?
                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

#43
                                                                                      R1 Mutamaasik 100 W
                                                                                      R2 Mustashry 50 EW
                                                                                      R3 Miss Yoda 100 W
                                                                                      R4 Sound Of Cannons 50 EW
                                                                                      R6 Lavenders Blue 100 W
                                                                                      Wouldn't paste from Excel for me
                                                                                      Pasted into Word and then copied again from there

If that table is a problem for some reason, let me know!
                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 16-06-20, 00:22.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        R1 Motakhayyel
                                                                                        20 ew
                                                                                        R2 Circus Maximus 50 W
                                                                                        R3 Hold Fast 15 ew
                                                                                        R4
                                                                                        R5 Glass Slipper 50 ew
                                                                                        R6 Lavender's Blue 20 ew
                                                                                        R7 Moon King 15 ew

Comment

#45
                                                                                          R1 Blown By Wind 50 EW
                                                                                          R2 Skardu 100 W
                                                                                          R6 Magic Lily 50 W
                                                                                          Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 15-06-20, 23:33.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                            Is Saturday included in this?
                                                                                            no, that would be the BOLDED CAPITALISED bit in the OP

Comment

#47
                                                                                              R1 Mutamamaasik 100W
                                                                                              R2 Circus Maximus 100W
                                                                                              R6 Nazeef 100W
                                                                                              R7 Verdana Blue 100W

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I'm trying to paste from sheets app by mobile but the table here doesn't work like before the update. How are people getting the surrounding lines?

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  R2 Mustashry 100 W
                                                                                                  R3 Trefoil 100 W
                                                                                                  R5 Glass Slippers 100 W
                                                                                                  R6 Lavender's Blue 100 W

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    R1 Kaseo 100 W
                                                                                                    R2 Fox Chairman 100 W
                                                                                                    R3 Passion 100 W
                                                                                                    R6 Queen Power 100 W
                                                                                                    R7 Blue Laureate 100 W

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      ...

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        1PM cutoff, including for lads like rounders who never bothered to post 'In' but is assumed in nonetheless

good spread of opinions so far

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                          I'm trying to paste from sheets app by mobile but the table here doesn't work like before the update. How are people getting the surrounding lines?
                                                                                                          just type in whatever you want and we'll let you off

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            I am tipping up NoRiverRequired here, he's due

Although you wouldn't put it past Dice to go on a streak.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              R1 Kaiser Sose 50 EW
                                                                                                              R2 Circus Maximus 100 W
                                                                                                              R3 West End Girl 50 EW
                                                                                                              R7 Veranda Blue 100 W

May change closer to off
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

just type in whatever you want and we'll let you off
                                                                                                                Thanks. Didn't want to type in before I knew the situation about the tables and was prepared to sit out but seeing as you have showed mercy I will take you up on your kindness.
                                                                                                                However I would hope(this better) be fixed before next March.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  R1 Motakhayel 100 W
                                                                                                                  R2 Roseman 100 W
                                                                                                                  R3 Ennistymon 100 W
                                                                                                                  R5 Battash 100 W
                                                                                                                  R6 Lavenders Blue 100 W
                                                                                                                  R7 Dubai Fifty 100 W
                                                                                                                  Last edited by rounders123; 16-06-20, 11:58.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    This looking like the final field,a select 14 in total

Pat Custard
                                                                                                                    Eddie the Eagle
                                                                                                                    Froggie fermier
                                                                                                                    Future Champion RD3
                                                                                                                    Jennies Jewel Grandad
                                                                                                                    Incurable Nit ionapaul
                                                                                                                    Sick as a Parrot
                                                                                                                    Shambla the Rambla
                                                                                                                    Riverdeep Mountain to climb
                                                                                                                    rounders

€700 in the pot

Mostly jumpers who are more at home when the mud is flying, it'll be interesting to see how they cope with the warmer weather and the quick ground.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      R2 Terebellum 100 W
                                                                                                                      R3 Trefiol 100 W
                                                                                                                      R6 Lavender's Blue 100 W
                                                                                                                      R7 Diocletian 100 W
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        1PM is the deadline....

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTk5TEJyhkrX3plzERfH2GaNz9xH5IW7BcB9Akp2d-swffD774_&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X