Findin' how to be Grindin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Findin' how to be Grindin'

Well here goes, I am my own worst enemy for not sticking to my own set rules on bankroll management and not playing when tilting and tired. I am going to give it a whirl being open and honest with all and hopefully if I have a few interesting hands I can get some feedback here.
    I am starting with a €400 roll and hope to play within the rules I have set for myself below. I would appreciate any feedback on anything that should be added or deleted to the list.
    At first I am going to give the 45 seat, 90 seat and 180 seat MTT's a whirl on Stars. I can usually play up to 6 tables comfortably and will see how I am going weather to add or subtract, I think myself I will probably be up to about 9 tonight.
    The game selection seems to be a big issue for me, I prefer larger MTT's but by time I get to being ITM I am wrecked tired and make silly plays.
    I have only decided to do this tonight so will just give a few of my basic rules and drive on to see how things go for the night.

Rules
    1 Mtt's and STT's only, no cash for now(never have been too successful in cash when I did dabble)
    2 Bankroll management MTTs 2%, STT's 5% HU 10%
    3 Three nights per week is the agreed work, home, play arrangement's made with the boss.
    4 Take time to review hands and play after with a quick note how how I felt I played.
    5 Be Honest!

Well here goes
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheRebelRam View Post
    Well here goes, I am my own worst enemy for not sticking to my own set rules on bankroll management and not playing when tilting and tired. I am going to give it a whirl being open and honest with all and hopefully if I have a few interesting hands I can get some feedback here.
    I am starting with a €400 roll and hope to play within the rules I have set for myself below. I would appreciate any feedback on anything that should be added or deleted to the list.
    At first I am going to give the 45 seat, 90 seat and 180 seat MTT's a whirl on Stars. I can usually play up to 6 tables comfortably and will see how I am going weather to add or subtract, I think myself I will probably be up to about 9 tonight.
    The game selection seems to be a big issue for me, I prefer larger MTT's but by time I get to being ITM I am wrecked tired and make silly plays.
    I have only decided to do this tonight so will just give a few of my basic rules and drive on to see how things go for the night.

Rules
    1 Mtt's and STT's only, no cash for now(never have been too successful in cash when I did dabble)
    2 Bankroll management MTTs 2%, STT's 5% HU 10%
    3 Three nights per week is the agreed work, home, play arrangement's made with the boss.
    4 Take time to review hands and play after with a quick note how how I felt I played.
    5 Be Honest!

Well here goes
    good luck, will be interesting and maybe helpful for me to follow this
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

GL with this,

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Was thinking about doing the same thing with 180 mans to give me a kick up the arse! Very best of luck

Comment

Well, I played absolute rubbish, lots and lots of work to do. Can't figure out how to sort graphs for tourneys on HEM yet. basically I am down $90 for the night.

Main f ups, too many tables early on, was 10 tabling and wasn't getting all the info before making plays.
          played too much of a variety, rebuys, turbo, 45, 90 180 seat.
          Reduced to <6 tables and all 180 seat and started to make a few cashes.
          Lost a few races to go into chiplead in FT and got tilted.
          Carried on playing tilted and tired loosing my small gains again.
          Played way too loose overall

Gonna try and review it better in the morning.

Looks like I will be moving down to the $1 games for a bit to get settled.

in summary, f n horrendous!
          plan, review and do not make same mistakes.............
          sigpic

Comment

variance is huge in 180 mans - 100-150BI downswings are regular enough.
            as a general rule you dont need to make that many (if any moves) just play solid
            fold lots
            find out when to shove
            cash -> titties

Comment

Thanks Bubbleking, Think I will drop down to get confidence in the games. I'm gonna give it a week or two, if not I will look at other games.
              Cash just doesn't do it for me ATM, much prefer the buzz of a tourney win.
              I might give it a go again in a few weeks time though if I'm unsuccessful with the 180's.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                as a general rule you dont need to make that many (if any moves) just play solid
                fold lots
                find out when to shove
                cash -> titties
                this. Tight is right until we get like an hour into most of these.

Comment

i wouldn't necessaryily agree 100% with the lads on tight is right. while it is important to play tight for the first few rounds because its a turbo you can't wait for the big hands or you will get blinded out. you just have to pick your spots.

as the blinds rise you have to open your opening ranges, but you must widen them by position ie. early position ranges widen very slowly where as LP widens very fast. this dosn't mean to shove ATC from the bttn just because you only have the 2 blinds left to act, your hand must have some equity if it does get called.

once you get to the 50/100 blind unless you have doubled up you are almost allways open shoving from here on in. unless you have a stack of 20+bbs where you can open fold, but watch what you open fold too, for example if you open for 3bbs from middle position and the button shoves 8-9bbs you have to call regardless of what 2 cards you have, you are priced in, if you fold here lads at the table will pick up on that and just abuse you. of course there is times when you can allow exceptions to this.

try and pick your spots. look for people with high stats ie. 45/12 over 50+ hands they are limping way to wide. fold to PF3bet is another usefull stat to have in your hud here, look for people with a high % in this and punish them you can really open up your range on them especially if it is close to the bubble. just be carefull with the fold to pf3bet stat as you could have 300 hands on the guy but you may only have 3 instances where this stat was relevent so if its 100% 3/3 then i would comfortably reshipp him, but if it was 66% 2/3 then i wouldn't be so eager unless i had something half decent.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

--

For 180s, If your playing the 3r ones you can be alot looser as the stacks are deeper and most regs are just happy to push bot it, in the 2s 8s 15s theres gonna 60/70 maybe more regs in everygame during peak hours so start sharkscoping ppl seen as your just 6 tabling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      fold lots
                      find out when to shove
                      cash -> titties
                      What are the non turbos like atm? Are tgey as reg filled, i know barely any of the turbo regs mix them in but who would be the top 5 grinders in them? Just wanna see what kind of volume thetly get a month

Comment

Bit of a better morning. I only played a max of 6 tables to focus more on stats.
                        I think I was a bit wired last night looking back on it and made a few poor plays.
                        I trialled table Ninja too which helped early on with bet sizing making for quicker play early on. I haven't looked too much into other features, would appreciate anyone's feedback.
                        Made a few min cashes this morning and shipped the $3 rb tourney for $541 which was nice
                        Not going to get too excited as I did run well in final 2 tables to get to last 4 with chip lead. Seemed easy enough from there on stealing off tight players and hammering loose ones.
                        Gonna have to try and figure out how to correctly edit graphs for the thread.

What I have changed from last night is playing a lot of cheaper flops early on and value betting big. This seems to be very profitable in the first 2-3 levels. Usually start tightening a bit then making a few robs when the opportunities arise. It is easier to get paid off the next couple of levels with the looser image. Feel a bit better after this mornings effort. Will be back at it again tomorrow night to try again.

As usual all comments and recommendations gratefully accepted.

From what I can see myself so far
                        Played 37
                        Starting roll €400
                        Current Roll €718.99
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                          What are the non turbos like atm? Are tgey as reg filled, i know barely any of the turbo regs mix them in but who would be the top 5 grinders in them? Just wanna see what kind of volume thetly get a month
                          Only one I have noted so far Sweetx I think he is. Parts about 20 ~ 30 games a go. + 17k the last 90 days
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X