A_CitizenErased Student Log.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
    was that a good call though? I suppose he shoved after a raise and a re-raise. Bleh..
    I wouldnt be folding after making it 3900 unless you have a dead cert read that he has KK or AA.

Comment

Stick it up here

Comment

I hardly can fold this can I?

Poker Stars, $4.10 + $0.40 NL Hold'em Tournament, 300/600 Blinds, 50 Ante, 7 Players
        LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: 2,527
        CO: 12,110
        BTN: 8,437
        SB: 26,896
        BB: 10,908
        Hero (UTG): 25,966
        UTG+1: 10,620

Pre-Flop: (1,250) K A dealt to Hero (UTG)
        Hero raises to 1,500, 5 folds, BB calls 900

Flop: (3,650) T 5 A (2 Players)
        BB checks, Hero bets 1,840, BB calls 1,840

Turn: (7,330) 7 (2 Players)
        BB checks, Hero bets 5,675, BB raises to 7,518 and is All-In, Hero calls 1,843

River: (22,366) K (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 22,366 Pot
        BB showed T T and WON 22,366 (+12,108 NET)
        Hero showed K A and LOST (-10,858 NET)

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
          I hardly can fold this can I?

Poker Stars, $4.10 + $0.40 NL Hold'em Tournament, 300/600 Blinds, 50 Ante, 7 Players

MP: 2,527
          CO: 12,110
          BTN: 8,437
          SB: 26,896
          BB: 10,908
          Hero (UTG): 25,966
          UTG+1: 10,620

Pre-Flop: (1,250) K A dealt to Hero (UTG)
          Hero raises to 1,500, 5 folds, BB calls 900

Flop: (3,650) T 5 A (2 Players)
          BB checks, Hero bets 1,840, BB calls 1,840

Turn: (7,330) 7 (2 Players)
          BB checks, Hero bets 5,675, BB raises to 7,518 and is All-In, Hero calls 1,843

River: (22,366) K (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 22,366 Pot
          BB showed T T and WON 22,366 (+12,108 NET)
          Hero showed K A and LOST (-10,858 NET)
          If you had 10-2 you couldn't fold there for the extra 1843. UL

Comment

No looks fine to me. UL.

Comment

The student becomes the master.
              http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

owned obv

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Done, up the Rebels
                  Stars SN?

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                    Stars SN?
                    Ship it to Mahony - he earned it

Comment

Good idea. Shipped.

Comment

Thanks Ciaran. Very nice of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                          Good idea. Shipped.
                          Cheers Crow

Comment

when villain showed an house Qs full, what did u have be interested

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                              when villain showed an house Qs full, what did u have be interested
                              AJ

Comment

What is it people are watching? 45 man sng's?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                  What is it people are watching? 45 man sng's?
                                  $4.50 180's

Comment

Update Number Something :

Ok, So after playing five of these SNGs I realised that even though I ran deep in two, I wasnt playing well at all. I was playing quite loose in the first few levels which the regs used to target me in the later levels which obviously was bad for my game around the bubble and leading up to the last 18-9.

Last night I had my first Skype session with Tony and after a bout an hour and a halfs talk alone I feel like I have learned a lot. It may only be basics but it definitely made sense some of the things I was doing wrong. I think hearing it more than reading it on a page benifited me and hit me better.

I am firing up another five throughout the day, must just go get a haircut first :P

- Eoghan

Comment

We are all rooting for you Eoghan. As you said you ran deep in 2 but didnt play well, just shows what BK is about. Its not running deep that counts its they way in which you got there.
                                      You can only get better. It mite seem a little bit backward and you mite feel you are losing out on some pots playing the way you will be for the next while. But thats only an adjustment to the correct play and it will pay dividend in the long run.

Best of luck in todays games. ill try and rail for a bit if i get a chance.

Comment

so we started at the beginning yesterday and just worked on opening ranges preflop. I explained to A_CE why it was bad to be opening as wide as he was early in tourneys so hes gonna practice opening tighter today and not bleed chips early on. The early part of these are about not losing (you cant win it in the first level)

We also worked on having a plan for our hand always. i.e. if you call a raise preflop to set mine then for gods sake dont go trying to make hero call downs

hopefully he takes on board everything we talked about because if he gets the preflop ranges down then we can spend some time on postflop and then reshoving etc etc

Comment

Ok, Firing up the first of the day..will move on to some multitabling then.

SN for the rail on my progress: Djmahony123

Comment

Question: Is it ok being under average stack for the first few levels of these?

Comment

Anything I did wrong here? Think I Played it ok. Calling flop ok with two overcards and gutshot?

Poker Stars, $4.10 + $0.40 NL Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 9 Players

UTG+2: 2,005
                                              MP1: 4,183
                                              Hero (MP2): 1,540
                                              CO: 1,695
                                              BTN: 1,615
                                              SB: 390
                                              BB: 3,025
                                              UTG: 2,400
                                              UTG+1: 685

Pre-Flop: (45) K A dealt to Hero (MP2)
                                              3 folds, MP1 raises to 105, Hero calls 105, CO folds, BTN calls 105, 2 folds

Flop: (360) Q 3 T (3 Players)
                                              MP1 checks, Hero checks, BTN bets 200, MP1 calls 200, Hero calls 200

Turn: (960) 9 (3 Players)
                                              MP1 checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (960) T (3 Players)
                                              MP1 bets 750, 2 folds

Results: 960 Pot
                                              MP1 showed and WON 960 (+655 NET)

Comment

Yes, dont pay too much attention to the average stack in the first couple of levels or your mind will be focused on how far below or above the average you are.

And the above hand, fold flop. Hit your ace or king it could fill someones straight or give someone 2 pair. Its too early to be bleeding chips like that

Comment

Horrible spot where I didnt know what to do. Two biggest nits on the table from the hands we have played so far. Bleh..

Poker Stars, $4.10 + $0.40 NL Hold'em Tournament, 25/50 Blinds, 9 Players

BTN: 1,855
                                                  SB: 4,788
                                                  Hero (BB): 1,235
                                                  UTG: 1,695
                                                  UTG+1: 1,310
                                                  UTG+2: 375
                                                  MP1: 3,095
                                                  MP2: 2,500
                                                  CO: 685

Pre-Flop: (75) K K dealt to Hero (BB)
                                                  UTG raises to 100, 2 folds, MP1 raises to 600, 3 folds, SB calls 575, Hero raises to 1,235 and is All-In, UTG folds, MP1 calls 635, SB calls 635

Flop: (3,805) T 2 7 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
                                                  SB checks, MP1 checks

Turn: (3,805) 9 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
                                                  SB bets 650, MP1 calls 650

River: (5,105) 2 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
                                                  SB checks, MP1 bets 1,210 and is All-In, SB calls 1,210

Results: 7,525 Pot
                                                  SB showed 9 A and LOST (-3,070 NET)
                                                  Hero showed K K and LOST (-1,185 NET)
                                                  MP1 showed J A and WON 7,525 (+4,430 NET)

Comment

Shoving ok here?

Poker Stars, $4.10 + $0.40 NL Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds, 9 Players

BB: 1,650
                                                    UTG: 2,646
                                                    UTG+1: 4,040
                                                    Hero (UTG+2): 3,630
                                                    MP1: 3,644
                                                    MP2: 11,630
                                                    CO: 10,655
                                                    BTN: 2,690
                                                    SB: 6,075

Pre-Flop: (300) A Q dealt to Hero (UTG+2)
                                                    2 folds, Hero raises to 450, 3 folds, BTN raises to 1,400, 2 folds, Hero raises to 3,630 and is All-In, BTN calls 1,290 and is All-In

Flop: (5,680) K T 4 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: (5,680) J (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (5,680) Q (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 5,680 Pot
                                                    Hero showed A Q and WON 5,680 (+2,990 NET)
                                                    BTN showed Q Q and LOST (-2,690 NET)

Comment

After playing my first two after my first session with Tony I must say I am delighted with how I played.

My bust out in the first tourney was pretty standard, and shoved K-Q under the gun in the second tourney with like 10 bbs and got called in bb with A-K. Feel like I am in the right state of mind after realizing what it is, that needs to be done to win these.

Firing up another 2 now.

Comment

I fold the AQ to the 3bet unless you have a good read on him, it's still pre antes and you will still have an M of just over 10 so still in good shape. imo anyway I could be wrong.

When you start multi tableing I have a free version of table ninja it will save ya $50 and very good for playing alot of tables.

Comment

Originally posted by theshortstack View Post
                                                          I fold the AQ to the 3bet unless you have a good read on him, it's still pre antes and you will still have an M of just over 10 so still in good shape. imo anyway I could be wrong.

When you start multi tableing I have a free version of table ninja it will save ya $50 and very good for playing alot of tables.
                                                          Yeah Tony said the exact same thing to me, depends on the read.

Still making a few mistakes but getting their slowly. Happy how I played today.

Oh and thanks. That would be great.
                                                          Last edited by A_CitizenErased; 20-08-11, 19:41.

Comment

Yes please...
                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Took a few days break from the tables sorting the roll and going over hands that I feel I needed to play better.

Back on the grind Friday.

If any of ye have twitter I am doing a lot of updates on it too..

@FloatingOctopus

Comment

Good luck with this.

I remember reading a post by you where you said you had got/read the "guides" on MTTSNGs [or words to that effect] - would you have any links to where they can be found online?

I've done a search but can't find what I would understand to be 'guides'.

Thanks.

Enjoying the log, keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                  Good luck with this.

I remember reading a post by you where you said you had got/read the "guides" on MTTSNGs [or words to that effect] - would you have any links to where they can be found online?

I've done a search but can't find what I would understand to be 'guides'.

Thanks.

Enjoying the log, keep it up.
                                                                  I think he was referring to the links in this thread:
                                                                  http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/19...forum-1081723/

Comment

How goes this?

Comment

could you elaborate on the free version thing... is it available for anyone to get?? tia

Comment

Hey lads, doing a quick update while im online.

This is back in action during the week as I have recieved some shocking but great news regarding me and my girlfriend (you can guess it yereselves :P) So will not have time to get online till during the week. Just to keep the log updated I just said I would post this. Have contacted Tony about it so we should be good to go during the week. This is really exciting news for me and hopefully will add to the log a bit.

- Eoghan

Comment

Originally posted by NoHomeJerome View Post
                                                                          [/B]

could you elaborate on the free version thing... is it available for anyone to get?? tia
                                                                          Hey, what it is, is a free month trial the after the month is up up just open the folder again and install it again for another month free nd keep doing that but it saves all your setup and you get all the updates, saves $50, you can pm me your e-mail and I can send it that way or you can add me on skype stephen.fitzgerald77 and i can send it there for anyone that wants it.

Comment

Depositing in the morning and grind beginning Friday

Been up the walls with this news I recieved so its all well and good.

- Eoghan

Comment

Money being deposited tonight so should be on the road then.

Cheers

- Eoghan

Comment

Money is in my a/c and Tony has been informed, Just need to sort one or two more things at the moment before I can dedicate to this fully. Tony has been really kind and giving me time.

Pretty big step for my life so its something I have to be very supportive in at the moment.

Cheers.

- Eoghan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X