Lipotrim Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lipotrim Diet

I'm not goint to go too much into a log as it's quite a boring plan but I'll chart my progress weekly.

Height 5ft 10"
    Starting weight on 1st March: 16st 5lb

For anyone who doesn't know what Lipotrim is (Google is your friend) it consists of 2 shakes a day. There are soup options and flapjacks but I tried these before and they are disgusting so I'm just sticking to the shakes.
    It's a total food replacement program so no food, just the shakes provided weekly from the pharmacy.

No food, alchohol, juice, you are allowed black tea/coffee and tablet sweetners and water (still or sparkling, unflavoured only), recommended to drink least 2 litres per day.

It costs €85 per week, it sounds like a lot but as you are not eating it's probably cheaper than food.

I didn't want to start the log last week because the first week is the hardest and I wasn't sure if I would be able to stick to it.

I had my first weigh in today and I am down 9lb which is mainly water weight so from now on I should be dropping fat stores and hope to average 3-5lb per week. I started walking about 3 weeks ago and have been doing around three 1 hour walks which should help with the weight loss.

Weigh in 7th March: 15st 10lb

Sounds so unhealthy but if you want to do its up to you and good luck...
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I've done the Lipotrim before with great success. Then got cocky when I came off it and piled the weight back on over 6 months. Tried it another couple of times but didn't work as well as the first time, probably because I was looking for the same quick fix I got the first time and wasn't really focusing.

It works really well Gordon, just be careful with how quickly you go back to "normal" food after! Good luck.

Comment

Sounds a bit mad Gordon. What would stop you piling the weight back on afterwards when you go back eating 'normal' food? Gl with it sir, if I spy you eating pizza up in Molloys I'll slap it out of your hand

Comment

I worked with a fella who was called Tiny, he was far from Tiny, he was absolutely massive, around 30 stone I reckon.

I hadnt noticed him work for ages, he was obviously on another section of the job, anyway one day a chap came in looking for the boss and I was chatting away to him and he was using my name and I said how do you know my name. He says because I worked with you for the last year and half. lol It was tiny after losing 17 stone in around a year, jesus I got some shock.

Met him again around two months later, he actually looked too thin. I enquired about him maybe a year later and was told that the weight was still off, so fair play. The reason I asked was the weight still off was because my cousin also did the same diet, yeah she lost around 4 stone but had to come off it as she had bowl problems from it and she piled back on the weight.

anyway best of luck with it

also be prepared for the back lash after that post, im sure alot of health freaks are going to tell you this diet is insane
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Doing yourself more damage on this then changing nothing at all with your diet and that is 100% fact.

Do yourself a favour and consult with a GP or nutritionist.

EDIT: And I do wish you the best of luck, just don't succumb to a crash diet that's going to destroy your insides.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I know it's not the best of choices, the reason I chose this route is because I have a timing goal (40th birthday and daughters communion) at the end of April and mid May.

My plan is to do it for around 4-6 weeks and then switch to the maintenance plan.

I did it 5 years ago (lost 28lbs) and managed to keep the weight managable until the last year or so when I got a job working from home and have developed lazy habits.

I see the total food replacement plan as a chance to break from the bad food and alchohol choices I have been making.

Alchohol is no problem, I don't miss it. When it comes to food, instead of craving a chinese or fish n chips I'm dreaming of Broccoli and feta cheese salad with pumpkin seeds, slow cooked chicken in a wrap with cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, peppers and a light yogurt sauce with pakprika and fresh garlic.

It's a short term plan which is monitored by the pharmacist. It's a plan that has been around for years which was only available in GP's but filtered into select pharmacies.
              I don't know what the statistics for success/failure are but as it worked for me before I thought about it for a long time and decided to take the plunge again.
              I know once the initial few weeks are over I will have to concentrate on a lifestyle change to maintain/continue the weight loss.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who has time to lose weight over a longer period as I know there are easier and more healthy ways to lose weight.
              It is a good way to kick start a longer weightloss plan if you want to see results quickly which can spur you on when you switch to normal food and encourage you to make better choices.

That's the plan anyway.

Comment

sounds truly awful to me, surely there are other options out there?

Comment

41 is just as good an age to hit your target weight as 40 without any of the added health risks.

Comment

Gordon please stop now . Just cut out bread and potato's from your current diet and that will give you enough of the kick start you are looking for .

Comment

This is a terrible plan IMO. Whatever about the direct health issues arising out of the product, you won't be changing your eating habits/lifestyle that got you to the point where you felt you needed to take this drastic action, and as a result I'd say it's inevitable that you will put the weight back on. If you want to lose the weight you should go about change your diet to more healthy but still proper foods. Cut carbs and increase protein and if you do that properly you will lose weight in a much better method long term. I foresee you will slip into old habits eating wise and always think in the back of your mind "ah sure I can just do lipotrim for a month".

As an aside, is lipotrim not a bit ott for someone of your weight? I thought these type of shake only diets were designed for people who were 35 stone who had to lose weight or die within a month?

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                        Gordon please stop now . Just cut out bread and potato's from your current diet and that will give you enough of the kick start you are looking for .
                        Still feels weird having someone else addressed as gordon even on a forum. Was at my friends birthday party the other week, 9 people having drinks in the apartment and her brother is also called gordon, was freaking me out big time. Also everyone in colombia who is slightly overweight or fat is called gordo and that has taken me months to get used to when playing rugby.

For the second time this is a terrible idea, you seem to have the willpower to cut out the booze and other shit, stick to the veg and whatever other treats you dream of.

Comment

I wouldn't be completely cynical about it. I know a lad who I went to school with that did this, came back from summer break completely trim from being a complete mess beforehand for most of his life. Seen him there recently(7 years later) and is still the picture of health. Obv not the healthiest but you can see the quick fix lure to it.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                            As an aside, is lipotrim not a bit ott for someone of your weight? I thought these type of shake only diets were designed for people who were 35 stone who had to lose weight or die within a month?
                            That is exactly what I have heard about this from more than one source. It is provided by pharmacies but should only be administered to people with a critical health risk like those facing diabetes, heart failure, etc.

Gorr, you say it worked before and you held the weight off for a long period, what was your diet like in the interim? It isn't too tough to change up the diet and introduce healthier choices. Real food will grow on you quicker than you'd think and the weight will fly off. I would urge you to try a new diet for one month prior to this and re-evaluate.

Comment

I dont get these things myself sure wen ur diet consists of mainly water of course ur going to lose weight so y dnt u just save urself da cash n drink water instead of ur meals?!best of luck with it anyway however there is alot better ways of going about it!

Comment

Good luck with that Gorrr. It will be tough. I had tried the herballife detox which was just using shakes for 3 days and water only and hated every second of it. I was allowed 6 shakes a day though. It will be tough with just two.

Another drawback is the liver. I had a friend on it because she was morbidly obese and it damaged her liver pretty bad. If you not doing for long term then I suppose it will sort itself but over a longer period of time will be really bad for you.

Get your target sorted then eat healthy. I have never felt better since eating more healthy this year.

I am sure you will achieve your target

Comment

About 2 years ago I was introduced to this and lost 15lbs (im a big lad) the 1st week, the 2nd week 9lbs and the 3rd week 8lbs although I cheated a wee bit that week. But I couldn't stick at it as I work w/ends and evenings and was regularly getting wife and kids dinner ready about 4.30 pm every evening.Needless to say I think it actually did me more harm than good because I found myself developing a binge eating habit (i.e going to local shop to get Diesel and buying maybe 3pks crisps and pkt of cookies and eating half before I got home and then giving the wife a wee treat and saying I didnt fancy anything) and in the end had to seek medical help to aid in battleing my problem, a problem that if im honest I still have today.

Also the few locals that really showed huge weight losses on this product are now back to their original size although Ive never discussed the reasonings with them.

This product does work, but I would just add a caution to anyone wishing to use it.

Comment

Not going to reply to individual posts but I appreciate the comments.

Like I mentioned before, I know it's not the healthiest way to lose weight but I also feel that if you don't abuse it and do it correctly you can minimise the risks.

There are side affects associated with it, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, headaches, dizziness but luckily I haven't had any of these. I am taking soluble fibre which is allowed and encouraged on the plan.

I didn't intend this log to be a defense of Lipotrim or any other very low cal diet, I know there are risks and I have taken them on board.

The way I see it is if I can get maybe half the weight I need to lose in a few weeks then it will be easier for me to stick to a healthy eating plan going forward because anything is going to be easier than a no food diet.

Believe me, I didn't take the decision lightly, I knew how hard it was going to be but at the same time it's going to be a short time for relatively good results and as long as I continue the proper maintenance I will keep on losing weight, albeit at a more healthy rate.

P.S. It's depressing to think that my name is a prerequisite for being fat

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                      I didn't intend this log to be a defense of Lipotrim or any other very low cal diet, I know there are risks and I have taken them on board.

The way I see it is if I can get maybe half the weight I need to lose in a few weeks then it will be easier for me to stick to a healthy eating plan going forward because anything is going to be easier than a no food diet.

Believe me, I didn't take the decision lightly, I knew how hard it was going to be but at the same time it's going to be a short time for relatively good results and as long as I continue the proper maintenance I will keep on losing weight, albeit at a more healthy rate.

P.S. It's depressing to think that my name is a prerequisite for being fat
                                      There are more options that this if you want to persue a vlcd. you can do it by mixing one shake with proper meals (veg and meat).

Comment

Others have been clear that its not a good idea for somebody thats only 16st. But it sounds like you are going to do it anyway, so the best we can do is wish you luck and help where we can.

85 euro a week is ridicuous imo. Its a very low calorie diet. Basically paying 85 quid for no food. There is no active ingredient in lipotrim afaik. It's all really basic stuff that you can buy yourself. I could prob put together a months supply for 85, if not less. If you want i'll tell you were to get the stuff online. Prob higer quality too.
                                        If you are starving yourself for a month, I don't see why you should be paying for it.

I had my first weigh in today and I am down 9lb which is mainly water weight so from now on I should be dropping fat stores ...
                                        You are right that the 9lb is mostly water. But i'm afraid that it won't be mostly fat from now on. You'll keep losing water as long as you are losing weight. Your body starts breaking down muscle for protein, you'll lose all the water that went with it. Muscles are 75% water. Plus you'll be dehydrated (I bet your piss is funky this week), so the muscle you have will be holding less water.

On a crash diet, roughly half the weight is fat and the other half water/protein/carbs - which you'll body will put back on once you eat normally (and its healthy too).
                                        I'm just letting you know this so you'll expect it. 99% of crash diets don't tell you this. So people think they put loads of fat back on and feel shit. When they've just reydrated

Comment

I don't understand how someone could be intelligent enough to understand the dangers of such a diet, yet still go ahead with it. Mind-blowing.
                                          I'm not into weird freaky diets like this so wouldn't know much about them, but surely as a poker player, you should be able to look at it from a somewhat logical and rational point of view and not take such a risk.

Comment

Just seen this now. I'm stunned tbh.

Why on earth are you paying 85 quid a week for something that's essentially starving yourself. Starving yourself is probably the most unhealthy and dangerous way to lose weight.

Why in gods name didn't you just see a professional dietitian and they can fix you up with a nice, nutritious diet that will achieve the same results, without depriving you of the nutrients, fats and proteins your body needs.

I'd be quite happy to fix you up with something, free of charge. Just throw me a PM. Because your nuts to be on this diet, frankly. Long-term prospects and health are quite bleak if you keep this up. It's just totally unnecessary. Some very small tweaks are all you'd need. You're only 16 stone for christs sake. I was 23 1/2 stone at one point in my life and I never needed or considered this nonsense.

I'm extending a helping hand, it's just up to you to take it.

Also, the timing thing is nonsense. You can achieve results quite quickly with a proper diet plan.

Comment

Gordon i urge you to take Moneymaker up on this offer . With one pm he helped me lose 3st in 3 months . He supplied the info but the rest is up to you . I am a lazy bastard and it worked for me so there is no reason it cant work for you .

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                Also, the timing thing is nonsense. You can achieve results quite quickly with a proper diet plan.
                                                This, I'm down a stone in the last three weeks having barely exercised and eating my fill of the right stuff and I only started at 12.5 stone.

Comment

P.M. sent to MM.

Thanks,
                                                  G

Comment

Just seen this now. I'm stunned tbh.

Why on earth are you paying 85 quid a week for something that's essentially starving yourself. Starving yourself is probably the most unhealthy and dangerous way to lose weight.

Why in gods name didn't you just see a professional dietitian and they can fix you up with a nice, nutritious diet that will achieve the same results, without depriving you of the nutrients, fats and proteins your body needs.

I'd be quite happy to fix you up with something, free of charge. Just throw me a PM. Because your nuts to be on this diet, frankly. Long-term prospects and health are quite bleak if you keep this up. It's just totally unnecessary. Some very small tweaks are all you'd need. You're only 16 stone for christs sake. I was 23 1/2 stone at one point in my life and I never needed or considered this nonsense.

I'm extending a helping hand, it's just up to you to take it.

pm sent cheers

Comment

I really need to start charging, lol.

Maybe in 3-4 months when i'm actually qualified.

Comment

I really need to start charging, lol.

Maybe in 3-4 months when i'm actually qualified.
                                                        lol just incase you start charging, i might pop you off a PM too

Comment

I'd defo take MM up on that offer Gordon.
                                                          Anytime I've done a plan up for somebody they said they found it fine once they had something to follow.
                                                          It really is so much easier. You won't even be a big difference in fat loss, but you'll keep the muscle you have.

There's pleny of psoters willign tio help you out with any questions on any aspect too.
                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 08-03-12, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                            I'd defo take MM up on that offer Gordon.
                                                            Anytime I've done a plan up for somebody they said they found it fine once they had something to follow.
                                                            It really is so much easier. You won't even be a big difference in fat loss, but you'll keep the muscle you have.

There's pleny of psoters willign tio help you out with any questions on any aspect too.
                                                            Cheers Mellor,

MM is working on a plan for me, I have decided to cut my Lipotrim plan back to no more than 4 weeks but I might finish it before that and switch to what MM suggests after week 2 or 3.

I have outlined my thoughts in a little more depth with MM so I'll decide if I feel it will work for me and if I can discipline myself to stay off alcohol while on a food plan.

I gotta say, being able to see your jawline again after 8 days on a diet gives you a real lift and whether its water, fat or muscle that I'm losing, common sense can blurr when you are seeing what you want in the mirror.

Comment

Height 5ft 10"

Weigh in 14th March: 15st 4lb

6 more days to go and then I will finish the TFR portion of this and then I will be "re-feeding" for a week and then I will be switching the the Moneymaker plan. (thanks MM )

My Goal is to get to 14st by the 25th of April and hope to go lower.

Comment

Height 5ft 10"

Weigh in 14th March: 15st 4lb

6 more days to go and then I will finish the TFR portion of this and then I will be "re-feeding" for a week and then I will be switching the the Moneymaker plan. (thanks MM )

My Goal is to get to 14st by the 25th of April and hope to go lower.
                                                                Weigh in 21st March: 14st 13lb

Looking forward to my chicken salad now, first meal in 3 weeks.

I'll be happy if I stay the same this week as my glycogen levels go back to normal. I'm staying off the alcohol and eating healthy so I should be ok.

Comment

I'll be happy if I stay the same this week as my glycogen levels go back to normal. I'm staying off the alcohol and eating healthy so I should be ok.
                                                                  well done!!!
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Keep us updated and feel free to ask anything else you wanna ask.

Can facebook/msn or whatever if you like.

I'm somewhat worried about the drastic weight drop, you're going to need to be really disciplined in the refeeding week.

Comment

Keep us updated and feel free to ask anything else you wanna ask.

Can facebook/msn or whatever if you like.

I'm somewhat worried about the drastic weight drop, you're going to need to be really disciplined in the refeeding week.
                                                                      Thanks, MM, my name is Gordon Cowan so you can add me on FB.

It's the 2nd day of the refeed and I'm sticking to the re-feeding plan, no carbs yet just a protein bar for brekky, basic chicken salads for lunch and dinner(which are glorious), feeling good, drinking 3 or 4 litres of water per day. I'll add a potato to a veggie soup tomorrow for lunch.

Just taking it a day at a time. Thanks again man,

G.

Comment

This actually shocked me a huge amount, I cannot even comprehend such a situation where this is necessary. I do wish you all the best and I'm sure moneymaker will look after you

Comment

How we getting on Gordon?

Comment

fine thanks

Comment

#39
                                                                              Hi MM, I remained the same for this week which I didn't mind as I was out socially twice where there where meals (stuck to salads) and it's the week where you tend to retain a bit of water.

I hope to be down on the next weigh in though.

Cheers

G

Comment

Working...
                                                                              X