No announcement yet.

IPB Fantasy Football League 1920

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One space left in a £200 entry league if anyone is interested. 19 runners so far, paying top 4.

Comment

All sorted,. Cheers men, PM's and posts here, top lads.

Comment

Shipped via AIB. Ref "FPL IPB PH"

Code please, thanks.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

How does the H2H work. Is it the same as the main, but with just smaller group in it?
          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
            How does the H2H work. Is it the same as the main, but with just smaller group in it?
            You play every other team heads up once a week for the season getting 3 points for a win, one for a draw. Overall points dont come into it.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
              You play every other team heads up once a week for the season getting 3 points for a win, one for a draw. Overall points dont come into it.
              Ah I see.

Comment

so whats the plan for this...rollover?
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  so whats the plan for this...rollover?
                  I honestly don't know yet. There's been a fair bit of chat in various fora about what to do with money leagues, zero guidance from FPL because they don't acknowledge or countenance money leagues so everyone is trying to figure out what to do.

One school of thought is that whatever FPL do, money leagues should do, i.e. if they award prizes for the top players then that is the defacto situation.

Others say that they will refund everyone but in that scenario they don't know what they will do with monthly prize winners or in leagues where they pay out twice a season.

Others are of the opinion that having had 29 gw's if the season was abandoned then positions should stay as they are and be paid out accordingly.

---------

In general I would be of the opinion that leagues should pay out, however this year that puts me in an awkward situation as for a change I'm currently top of the leagues.

Anyone that knows me knows I'm a straight shooter but if I was middle of the pack with nothing to gain it would be easier for me to make that call and not have suspicion aimed at me.

So as of right now, I'm looking at what FPL and the premier league as a whole do. If they get the season finished and/or if FPL award prizes then what's I will likely look to do.

If the FPL season is voided or deemed incomplete then we'll have to think of something else.

In the latter situation there is still the issue of monthly winner prizes to be paid out which complicates things somewhat but until there is more clarity from FPL and the premier league we will just have to wait and see.

-----

obviously sidebets are between interested parties and need to be agreed outside of this.
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Bit of a pain for those (like me ) who hoarded all their chips for the dgw madness that was due
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

yeah I hear ya. I still have free hit and wildcard as well

Comment

I think monthly winners should be paid. Rollover the rest and spread it out between all prizes next season. It'd be an absolute headache for Iago to try sending money back to everyone and I don't think anybody is that stuck that they need it.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

... As someone who probably does have an impartial view due to being shite- I'd definitely think pay out monthly prizes for sure, as they have already been won... With regards the league, could you take the end of year prizes and decide them between top 5 players, or maybe anyone within 30/40 points?... This way, anyone that was genuinely in with a chance of winning isn't totally hard done by... Think sending it back to people would be a pain, plus majority of people have no shot at winning a top prize anyway...

Comment

Has it been called off for sure?

If it’s a vote I would say pay it out completely. Disappointing that I dropped off so badly after a good start.

Comment

I would imagine they will play this out for the rest of the year? I haven't been keeping up, but really thought the premier league and the fpl would play out for the year

If not I reckon we would have to have a vote situation from everyone involved. I'm just outside the prizes but I am also in the camp of pay out as is, and would be okay to void all side bets for those who are in catching distance, within 100 points or whatnot.
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If the PL gets up and running then I expect that FPL will finish up and award official prizes, in that scenario I plan to do the same.

If the PL doesn't get up and running and the FPL still awards official prizes, I will do the same.

If the FPL decide to abandon the season as is because the PL doesn't complete, then we'll see but I do think that the FPL will award prizes and we will do the same.

The real question is whether or not everything goes into one GW or they add GW's onto the backend of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                  Has it been called off for sure?

If it’s a vote I would say pay it out completely. Disappointing that I dropped off so badly after a good start.
                                  No, in fact they posted yesterday to confirm all chips etc would be playable as normal. However nobody really knows. It depends on how the PL gets on I would imagine, until there's clarity there, FPL are holding their thoughts.

Comment

Ok, so seems it will be 'as you were' with the rest of the fixtures (more or less)

assuming they just add extra gw's in for H2h as well then there will be no change to the prices or structures from the start of the comp.

Waiting on final confirmation, but that seems to be the route they are going judging by their most recent posts.

Comment

The game is live again. The first thing to say is that there is no truly fair solution available, but I will try and reach the fairest solution I can given the unprecedented nature of the crisis.

Extra GW's have been added and everyone will have unlimited transfers for the 1st GW. This is obviously a spanner in the works but it is what it is.

In their infinite wisdom the powers that be at FPL towers have announced that the H2H's are finished and completed. I, like many others that are running H2H leagues, disagree with this but it is outside my control. As such the H2Hs will be paid out based on the final table as it stands. I am a beneficiary of this, but the decision would have been reached regardless of where I was placed in the league. It is the same decision I am seeing being made by other people running H2H leagues and I believe it is the fairest decision possible.

For the main league, I am placed at a disadvantage, but the league will continue as normal with the Top 4 being paid out at the end of the season. The changes made mean it is very likely that I will drop from my current position of 1st to outside the top 4 in the first GW but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

The monthly prizes will also be paid out as planned for August to February at the end of the season, however, as a result of the truncated season we will have a June and July monthly prize in place of Mar-Apr-May.

The June monthly prize will include the scores from the 1 GW we had in March in the interest of fairness, so the total score will be June + March

The July monthly prize will be based as normal on the fixtures in July.

Each of these two monthly prizes will be worth €45 instead of €30 to make up for the missed month and to give everyone something to play for as we approach the end of the season.

Next GW deadline is Wednesday 17th June at 17.00 and there are unlimited transfers available until that time.

Comment

My planning, my glorious glorious planning
                                        I've all chips available.

Comment

Tricky to please everyone!

Comment

Forgot to press confirm for my free hit on 1-shot, and did not realise there was unlimited transfers available for the main... so I actually used my free hit on my main account... and I bet on sheffield united... what an awful return to football
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Thankfully just had 2 sidebets this year.
                                              Kevirl and deadparrot beat me easily, so forward on bank details whenever ye can lads and I'll send on the €50s

Comment

That Salah/Taa news came out just as I was browbeating a 4 year old into eating veg.
                                                Very sickened as missed a huge transfer haul.
                                                Cest la vie

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  €50 sidebets confirmed with the below. Will take more if people are interested

bohsman
                                                  Charlie Sheen
                                                  Deadparrot
                                                  Lowkicker
                                                  mdoug
                                                  RoryC
                                                  assume I lost the majority of these? Shocker of a year. Have I missed any from the list?

Comment

bohsman, Charlie Sheen, KevIRL, lowkicker, Roryc and dougie so far.

thin gruel this year
                                                    Hit me up with team names folks.
                                                    Shitty last day cost me some money I think

Comment

Dramatic last day win for me! Wasn't expecting that. Cheers for organising as always Iago

Comment

Hi folks, I see there is a new interface for IPB!

I believe I had €50 sidebets with the following;
                                                        KevIrl
                                                        Charlie Sheen
                                                        Mdoug
                                                        Deadparrott
                                                        I finished on 2,308 points, team name is Brent(ford) Mused - can you let me know if I won/lost for each, and we can arrange the relevant transfers!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

assume I lost the majority of these? Shocker of a year. Have I missed any from the list?
                                                          Unless you finished below 33rd you beat me, Revolut or Paypal is my preference for sending money but can send by bank transfer too. Just send me a PM with your preference.

Hit me up with team names folks.
                                                          Shitty last day cost me some money I think

Was an easy victory for you, same as above for payment.

Originally posted by Roryc View Post
                                                          Hi folks, I see there is a new interface for IPB!

I believe I had €50 sidebets with the following;
                                                          KevIrl
                                                          Charlie Sheen
                                                          Mdoug
                                                          Deadparrott
                                                          I finished on 2,308 points, team name is Brent(ford) Mused - can you let me know if I won/lost for each, and we can arrange the relevant transfers!

Was an easy victory for you too, same as above for payment.

Also mdoug I owe you a 50, send me your details.

Bohsman I believe I beat you thanks to some late goals yesterday, me finishing 33rd, you 34th. Revolut or Paypal works best for me. Let me know if this works and I'll send you my details.

Comment

Kev if you wanna pay dougie from me too?
                                                            Charlie same for Rory?

Then Ill pm Oscar and lowkicker payment details?
                                                            Everyone OK with that one?

​​​

​​

Comment

Kev/bohs, still have same bank deets as before if you want to send there if you still have them. Shoot me a pm if you don't/prefer revolut or such. Have pmmed everyone else, shame only 6 side bets :'(
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Kev if you wanna pay dougie from me too?
                                                                Charlie same for Rory?

Then Ill pm Oscar and lowkicker payment details?
                                                                Everyone OK with that one?

​​​

​​
                                                                Sounds good, I'll send 100 to Rory.

Comment

Well...that was something.

A strange year all round, but the usual suspects made their way to the top of the rankings. It says a lot that I had my 4th best finish ever and still didn't make the prizes. Foden in for Son after the restart was a monumental mistake but them's the breaks.

So, with the dust settled here is what we have.

Main League
                                                                  A last day surge saw HoldingMeeLongWood emerge late to snatch victory away from Plan T who ended a very respectable second. Much like the actual FPL the battle between 3rd and 5th was ridiculously close with The Green's finishing just 2 points clear of NotveryAthletic in 4th who themselves were only 2 points clear of Average in 5th.

1st HoldingMeeLongWood: 2,386 points €510 prize money

2nd. Plan T: 2,373 points, €255 prize money

3rd. The Green's: 2,357 points €155 prize money

4th NotVeryAthletic: 2,355 points €100 prize money

Very close all the way through in fairness with only 30 points seperating the top 4.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In relation to the monthly prizes, these were won by the following
                                                                  Aug SJMS Grinners
                                                                  Sep No Hopers
                                                                  Oct Easy E's
                                                                  Nov Ricos Rednecks
                                                                  Dec The Green's
                                                                  Jan The Bottlers
                                                                  Feb Average
                                                                  Jun Plan T
                                                                  July Average
                                                                  With June and July both being worth €45 and the rest of the months €30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

The truncated H2H league was won by yours truly prior to my post lockdown collapse

The Bottles: 69 points, 6 points clear when the league ended

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H2H Deux was won by Prancers

Prancers: 63 points, 2 points clear when the league ended

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

The Oneshot league was ultimately won with a strategic masterclass (lets call it that rather than luck at forgetting to play the oneshot chip earlier)

mdoug1Shot copying the team in 2nd place for the last GW when 18 points ahead to ensure the victory without which he would have surrendered a lead he had almost all year as the players scoring in the final week weren't in his team

I bow my head in acknowledgment of your prowess sir!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I will be sorting out payments today and tomorrow. If I don't have your details I'll send a message to get them and post here once everyone is paid.

GG All

Comment

better yet...send me a message with either paypal or bank details for payment. I'm still acclimatising to this new site so will be faster to just send me one message with each of your details and I'll pay out as they come in,

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

Sounds good, I'll send 100 to Rory.
                                                                      Sound man

Comment

I finish 4th the year I have no sidebets. Typical!

Thanks for running Iago as always.

Comment

Working...
                                                                        X