Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 IPB Golf Classic

Going to go with GABs previous suggestion of the following:

Somewhere accessible in terms of Cost, Playability and within a reasonable driving distance of Dublin*

*Eoghan has kindly offered Castleknock once again, suits me perfect as working within 10 mins but as Solksjaer previously suggested perhaps something further south might entice Nic, Switch and a few others so open to best suited, I thought Palmerstown but we'll default to Castleknock and gauge from there

So reply with answers to the following

> Can you tee off 3pm Onwards Midweek i.e. Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri. (Yes/No)

> If it's not Saturday morning then it's not happening for you? (Yes/No)

You don't need to be a member of a club, you don't need a GUI, all levels are welcome so long as you have the required gear to get around. Surely we can get 8-12 from here for a jolly.

Available with essentially full flexibility.

Comment

Midweek fine for me.

Getting Castleknock will depend on the day. Saturday won't work for example.

Comment

If required I might be able to get you a decent rate in City West

Comment

> Can you tee off 3pm Onwards Midweek i.e. Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri. (Yes)

> If it's not Saturday morning then it's not happening for you? (No)

I would've said something like a Callan/Mountrath/Athy - Anything near the M7/M8

EDIT: PGA National would be ideal too - Played it last year but the greens were sanded so want to get back

Comment

I think the only issue with Mouthrath/Athy etc which would again suit me great as my Kildare address is pretty close is that if people wanted to have a few drinks etc it's a tad harder to get to and from.

I agree Palmerstown is a good spot, leave cars in Naas, get a bus in and out if needed and gives people the option, some poker even if required.

Comment

Palmerstown probably the best shout alright.

Comment

Can play some midweek games. Unless input my shift pattern up here I won't know

Don't mind anywhere in Dublin. Nice spin along the motorway now

Saturdays are possibly out due to training for DCM unless in afternoon
                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I'm a member in Palmerstown, could possibly help get the group in there at good rates, I might be able to play too, depending on the date

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post
                    I'm a member in Palmerstown, could possibly help get the group in there at good rates, I might be able to play too, depending on the date
                    Good man Paul, I can finally get some poker losses back off you.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                      Good man Paul, I can finally get some poker losses back off you.
                      Nice one, when you win them back you can send it my way then

Sorry for not saying hi that night btw, didn't realise it till a few mins after you beat me and you mentioned your name to another guy.

Disliked you too much at that point to say hello

Nice one Paul, hopefully we can get up to 3 groups.

Comment

Could possibly do the midweek option depending on dates with upcoming holidays.

Literally havent hit a golfball in 7 or 8 years so bring your helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                          Nice one, when you win them back you can send it my way then

Sorry for not saying hi that night btw, didn't realise it till a few mins after you beat me and you mentioned your name to another guy.

Disliked you too much at that point to say hello

Nice one Paul, hopefully we can get up to 3 groups.
                          When was this? I didn't realise we had met!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                            When was this? I didn't realise we had met!
                            I was Seat 1, you were in Seat 7/8 maybe, spewy guy opens, you 3b, I 4b and you 5b jammed with AKo.

I sigh called QQ, we ran it twice:

1st board: You bink a K on flop, I bink Q on turn, you hit 10 on rover for Broadway.

2nd board: You brick the flop and turn a King.

Perhaps you don't recall, probably around 3 months ago

Comment

Of course I remember that hand! Didn't realise it was you. UL

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                If required I might be able to get you a decent rate in City West
                                Good choice

So reply with answers to the following

> Can you tee off 3pm Onwards Midweek i.e. Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri. (Yes/No)

> If it's not Saturday morning then it's not happening for you? (Yes/No)

You don't need to be a member of a club, you don't need a GUI, all levels are welcome so long as you have the required gear to get around. Surely we can get 8-12 from here for a jolly.

Comment

Actually Citywest would be awesome for me coz its taxi fare home. Cheap rooms too. Could stick any lonesome sole up in my house too if stuck.Two if ye are that way inclined..and a third on the couch.

Comment

Happy enough with CityWest if it suited more people.

I'll leave it up for a couple of days and put up dates/location

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Actually Citywest would be awesome for me coz its taxi fare home. Cheap rooms too. Could stick any lonesome sole up in my house too if stuck.Two if ye are that way inclined..and a third on the couch.
                                      I can get good rates on rooms during the week

Comment

City West. Im in

Comment

"we're not fully back yet"

Last one was KClub, overnight stay and both courses.

Put me down as a possible

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                            "we're not fully back yet"

Last one was KClub, overnight stay and both courses.

Put me down as a possible
                                            Whatever handicap this one claims knock an extra 6 off

Comment

Ok it looks like it's between Citywest & Palmerstown.

I'm going to get some dates and times that would be suitable over the next few weeks.

I'll throw up dates and times so people can decide what's best.

I suspect some time within the next 3-4 weeks

Comment

Ok it looks like it's between Citywest & Palmerstown.

I'm going to get some dates and times that would be suitable over the next few weeks.

I'll throw up dates and times so people can decide what's best.

I suspect some time within the next 3-4 weeks
                                                Hi
                                                If it’s City West I can get a few different rates if requested
                                                1 an overnight stay with game of golf and dinner
                                                2 Golf
                                                3 Golf with dinner
                                                Or whatever suits people

Comment

Hi all so in regard to the golf outing we have the following dates in the CityWest which we think would allow people enough time to organise:

Thursday July 25th
                                                  Friday July 26th

Thursday August 1st
                                                  Friday August 2nd

Thursday August 8th
                                                  Friday August 9th

Time window that would suit best is perhaps 4-7pm??

The earliest dates coincide with some poker events if that's more enticing too. It's pretty central for most and there is an easy option to stay at a decent rate which Balfejohn will fill in more details about too.

It would cost 40e for the round which would include a 2 course meal.

Perhaps those interested could suggest their preferred dates/times and we can go from there.

Obviously all levels welcome, it would be great to have 3 groups plus for this.
                                                  Last edited by Murdrum; 16-07-19, 10:42.

Comment

Thursday and Friday is August 1st and 2nd

Can play the 1st August or 8th or 9th

Comment

Hi all

Room rate is €90 including breakfast per room
                                                      Single
                                                      Twin
                                                      Treble rooms all available at this rate at the current time of posting
                                                      Any questions please ask

Comment

8th or 9th of Aug for me . Prefer 9th.

Comment

August 8th or 9nd looks good

Comment

1st/2nd be out for me as it's Galway Raceweek.

Other dates fine.

Comment

8th or 9th too

Comment

8th for me!

Comment

9th for me would be the best definitely

Comment

I would tend to prefer a Thursday but I can do Friday too.
                                                                    Lean on the 8th but 9th is fine if more people prefer.

Comment

Quick bump on this for those who missed it

@Goodluck2me @Nicnicnic

Let us know if any of those dates suit at all.

Also anyone else who hasn't indicated an interest, just a bit of craic, no need to have played golf.

@GAB perhaps BallymoreChris will play too

Comment

I think once it's a confirmed date we will be able to add people in. But its hard to add people until it's confirmed.

Comment

Quick bump on this for those who missed it

@Goodluck2me @Nicnicnic

Let us know if any of those dates suit at all.

Also anyone else who hasn't indicated an interest, just a bit of craic, no need to have played golf.

@GAB perhaps BallymoreChris will play too
                                                                          Can’t do 1st or 8th but 25/26/2/9 work

Comment

just realised 9th is out for me - Friday of the Horse Show.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Cant do 8th or 9th but if its week previous i'll hack around

Comment

#40
                                                                                Hey so it seems as though the consensus is 8th/9th, we may attract a few extra people in the lead up going on the 9th given it's the end of the week.

Balfejohn has offered to book 5 tee times from 4.30 onward so we can see if we can fill those.

It'll work out at 40e a head and he can get some very reasonable rates for the rooms, obviously if anyone can't make/don't want the golf, there will be meal & drinks on the night if they want to pop over to that.

Let us know what you think but for now we'll pencil in Friday August 9th, Citywest, five tee times available from 4.30 onward.

Please confirm if you can make it.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Won't make the 9th as I am playing Adare Manor but have a great day and I'll catch the next one.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I could go 9th , but would need latest tee time possible .
                                                                                    sigpic
                                                                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

#43
                                                                                      In for 9th

Comment

#44
                                                                                        9th looks good

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                                                                          I could go 9th , but would need latest tee time possible .
                                                                                          No problem, you can have a spot for the latest tee time

Comment

#46

Comment

#47
                                                                                              5 tee times booked for Friday the 9th
                                                                                              4.15 is the 1st one and there after at 12 minute intervals or so
                                                                                              Last tee time approximately 5.00
                                                                                              Diceman has requested 1st tee off with me due to our skill levels been of Shane Lowry ability
                                                                                              If we can get a list of people who are near certain of playing we can try fill the 5 tee times with 3 balls if possible, I have a player who will fill the 1st 3 ball with dice and myself
                                                                                              In reference to the dinner I will see if I can get a few options on the 2 courses available to try and entice extra people out.
                                                                                              Any questions re this and room availability please contact Murdrum or myself

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I'll play with ye first. I'll be heading back to Waterford after so want to get finished early enough

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Happy enough to play any slot but I'll put myself in the middle slot, please indicate which you like of the following availability:

Tee Time 1 4.15:

Dice
                                                                                                  Switch
                                                                                                  Balfejohn

Tee Time 2 4.27:

Available
                                                                                                  Available
                                                                                                  Available

Tee Time 3 4:39:

Murdrum
                                                                                                  TheJiggaman
                                                                                                  Available

Tee Time 4 4.51:

Available
                                                                                                  Available
                                                                                                  Available

Tee Time 5 5.03:

AidanKK
                                                                                                  Solksjaer
                                                                                                  Available
                                                                                                  Last edited by Murdrum; 26-07-19, 08:10.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    A real race now to make the last slot after 5. Such is my life .

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Quick bump for the IPB golf, all welcome, as Switch will attest to, I'm completely shite so those with zero experience will still not likely be the worst.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        I'll go in with Murdrum actually - That time would suit me.

Do we pay on the day?

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                          I'll go in with Murdrum actually - That time would suit me.

Do we pay on the day?
                                                                                                          You're in for a treat

Balfejohn hasn't mentioned otherwise but I suspect so, will confirm.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Please reserve me the very last slot.

Ta

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Hi all

We can organize on the day for payment
                                                                                                              It might help fill a few more spots if people can turn up on the day
                                                                                                              I might have one more player as well

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                This still going ahead, Mrs giving me shit about wanting to go to Horse Show on Friday so if we arent going ahead i want to let her know.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  This still going ahead, Mrs giving me shit about wanting to go to Horse Show on Friday so if we arent going ahead i want to let her know.
                                                                                                                  Hopeful of getting a few more but there doesn't seem to be any additional interest.

I'll give it another plug in the BBV.

Any thoughts by others

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    I'm still up for it

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      I'm struggling to make the last t off . The missus be leaving Malahide 4.45 on Friday . Might be too tight for me to get there on time . Would have to miss 1st few holes . Best leave it . Boo :-(

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Hey lads, not looking good for this unfortunately.

We have decided to push it back to August 24th to see if we can get an additional few people.

If this is better suited for people let us know, hopefully but if not we'll leave it off.

Times will be similar

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X