• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music King Semi Final 2

Rock and Roll
    Pop (this century, i.e. 2000+)
    One Free Pick

Player 1

Cream-Sunshine Of Your Love. Really wanted to pick some Jimi Hendrix but thought people would think it an "unoriginal" choice..so next best thing. Song was developed by leader singer and basist after attending a Hendrix concert. Unbelievable riff.
    Obviously made "more" famous by the movie Goodfellas. Always think it takes a special song (as well as a special movie) to bring you back to a specific scene.

Amerie- 1 Thing.
    Pop wouldn't be my strong point. Any popular music I'd listen to wouldn't be considered "conventional pop", probably more RnB.

Little bit if funk.Some great drums in this one. Catchy chorus.Hot female in the video. Think it fits the criteria, hope you do too.

OK going to take a chance and try and pick something you lot might have not heard before. Sublime vocals, funky beat. Song to play with your significant other while retiring for a night after a few glasses of wine.

Player 2

Short banging infectious tune from London's Wolf Alice

Funky Pomo produced goodness, everything is better with a horn section.

Something different, Maxence Cyrin reimagines a classic Pixies tune into something more poignant

Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-05-23, 11:05.

Won't get to this till Monday as I'm off to Dublin to watch some rugby!

Comment

For Player 1: Think there's better versions of Sunshine out there, really didn't like the middle pick and like The Internet

Like all of Player 2's picks so comfortable win.

Comment

I dunno if P2 should be docked points using a track used previously.
        P2 is winning so far from me apart from that
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Player 2

Comment

3 quality picks from player 2 , easy winner
            airport, lol

Comment

Player 2 handy enough , this was Man City v Madrid
              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Player 2

Comment

Both first tracks are great tunes but neither are anywhere close to being 'Rock and Roll' genre ...abject fail by both, bizarre is Google broken or something ?

Didn't like either of the pop tracks but had to turn off the Ameire track the Mack Miller is another 4:42 seconds I'll never get back

I have that version of Where is my mind on a couple of playlists and love hearing it. Beautiful, clear winner Player2
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

enjoyed both rock choices.

that beyonce knock off is terrible, and i love the mac miller track, but it's been used before so docked point there.

did not like the internet whereas that piano version is very enjoyable

player 2

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      enjoyed both rock choices.

that beyonce knock off is terrible, and i love the mac miller track, but it's been used before so docked point there.

did not like the internet whereas that piano version is very enjoyable

player 2
                      She's the original

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

She's the original
                        lol, well then beyonce elevated the style!!!

Comment

Sunshine of your love is one of my fav songs of all time but sadly doesn't bring enough to warrant vote which goes to Player 2 for having overall slightly higher quality. But like SP I think the pop picks were a bit weak.

Comment

Player 2 wins it for me
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                            X