Music King Round 2: Electonica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music King Round 2: Electonica

Aphex Twin #3 / Rhubarb from Selected Ambient Works Vol 2. Unbelievable album, but this one always sticks out to me. So much depth to this song. One to listen to while watching the sun come up, after a heavy night. Seeing him in Bristol in September, can't wait.

"Fontaines DC A Hero's Death After genre pick decided to go with something completely different. Beautiful lyrics. Killer guitar. Rock on
    ⚠️ Warning ⚠️ music video contains Aiden Gillen. Don't let that take from the track."

Player 2

Innovative, genre-defying, complex beats - Aphex Twin's experimental electronica masterpiece.

Intricate melodies, unique vocals, captivating rhythms - indie rock standout.

Player 1 by a landslide, have a deep dislike for that Alt J tune

Comment

Aphex twin Player 1 >>>> Player 2

The other two tracks are grand
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Disappointing electronica picks, two great tracks but I've heard both a million times. Player 1 since I prefer their free pick.

Comment

Player 1 better genre pick and free pick- not a fan of that particular alt j track
          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Alt J grew on me quickly .

Player 2 .

Comment

Gotta go with P2 here, despite being overly familiar with that Alt J pick. Can't warm to Fontaines DC, even though I know attending a gig would be a great experience!

Comment

Definitely looking for some drums in this round, aphex twin #3 is great but not ticking the box. Fontaines DC don't do anything for me, Alt J is alright but nothing special. player 2 takes it with genre pick
                airport, lol

Comment

2 great AT tracks we've heard so many times although today definitely more in the mood for 1 rather than 2, however i really can't stand the fontaines. they keep showing up in this game and i seem to dislike them more and more every time. P2 takes it

Comment

Given both players picked Aphex Twin, hard to pick between them.

Had the privilege of watching DC Fontaines crush it at Primavera last year so Player 1 for me
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Player 2

2's Aphex was tonight just better than 1's - that might be influenced by past experiences mind you.

and in the freeform round?

I can't say Alt J was less 'Business school of Business Rock (patent.bhifi) than "Business School Prefects" extraordinaire, the triple-barrelled imposters () FONTAINES DC.

So that was a draw, though I liked Alt J better as a song I think.

BOoyCOTT FONTainE DC (ahem...)

Comment

P1.
                        P2 genre pick again was like 'alexa, give me an electronic song'
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

5:6

I fuced this up. Player 2 was Chatgpt - it actually picked this first, but I had forgotten and I asked it for a second time. Might have been a more interesting pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X