Music King Round 2: Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music King Round 2: Blues

Tough genre- blues wouldn’t necessarily be heavy on my rotation - lots of blues rock and other stuff inspired by blues but decided I’d stick to the real deal for this- came across this and it blew away a lot of what I had been considering- just the raw talent on display here - such a riff

Scottish band who’ve been around a while this is from new album that they released after a long hiatus and it brings it - real amp up music but like nothing else out there right now

Player 2

Not gonna pretend to be too knowledgeable on blues music. But I love me some Otis who spanned a few genres with soul & blues.

​​​​​

Holding on to a theme for this entry, listening to some Otis reminded me of this gem from post punk band Durutti Column, if this is your first to hear of them I suggest you go listen to more, great band

Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-05-23, 08:55.

Really good round, liked all the picks. Player 2 shades it for me

Comment

P1 in a canter for me.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Close.
        Got to mark down the Otis track for just not being a blues track IMO, the Burnside track is good but a bit 'hey siri play a blues track' rather than anything special.

Liked the Young Fathers, loved Durutti Column
        Tough call
        Player 1
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

PlayTough one liked them all - I’ll go player 2 marginally as preferred their free pickTough one liked them all - I’ll go player 2 marginally as preferred their free pick
          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Great round. The Otis R& Blues tune is really good . Close between the 2

Young farhers sways it though for player 2. That vid is fcked up though

Comment

Close enough for me - going with P2 on the strength of their free pick, same reason as MysteryGuest.

Comment

good round. really liked the free picks. pretty sure i've heard that DC track sampled a good few times. P2 just edges it

Comment

Loved both of player 2’s selections
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

P1 easily.
                    P2, at least try the original for your free pick ffs
                    It's miles better and closer to the genre(though still not quite there imo).
                    Seriously, look at the name of the album that pick was on...
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Player 2

5:3

Comment

I make it 4:4 - solks wrote the wrong player in his vote
                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Sorry Player 1

Comment

5-4 regardless no?
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              5-4 regardless no?
                              yeah, i make it 4-5 so player 2 by 1

Comment

Player 1 for me.

Sorry but true by a hairsbreadth.