Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music King Round 2: Instrumentals

P1

Went down a real rabbit hole on this one and ended up on an old favourite from Curtis Mayfield's cracking soundtrack for Superfly.

Townes Van Zandt's first few albums are crammed with incredible tunes. This one always sticks out lyrically

P2

I was between a couple of different songs for this. But I'm going to go with what I listened to most recently.

I remember hearing this faintly for the first time in a busy pub, thankfully Shazam got just enough to pick it up because it's been on rotation every since.

Tony Christie's perfect timbre and delivery of Jarvis Cocker's observational lyrics, it's a quirky unexpected hit.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-05-23, 09:15.

Player2
    genre pick better- player 1s a bit of a snoozer
    free pick- love Townes but hadn’t heard player 2s and it’s a belter
    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

P2 for me... Own pick was OK.Didn't enjoy P1's 2nd choice really... Not to my taste. Both genre picks were class.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Great shout on the genre. Both genre picks were great, neither free pick did much for me, but player 2 s was bearable , so the win goes to them
        airport, lol

Comment

Both genre picks were a bit flat
          Really enjoyed hearing the Jarvis/Tony Christie track for the first time I won't be seeking it out again, the Townes track I kind of know but never paid that much attention to before, it's not one of his standout songs but it is fantastic and I will be adding it to playlists.

Player 1
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Both genre picks were a bit flat
            Really enjoyed hearing the Jarvis/Tony Christie track for the first time I won't be seeking it out again, the Townes track I kind of know but never paid that much attention to before, it's not one of his standout songs but it is fantastic and I will be adding it to playlists.

Player 1
            I'm aligned withSP

PLAYER 1

Comment

Going with P1, much prefer both picks to be honest, particularly the Townes Van Zandt track.

Comment

preferred player 2's genre pick, found P1's quite flat and boring unfortunately.

enjoyed both general tracks, so P2 takes it on the genre pick

Comment

Player 2

Comment

P2
                    Both tracks just edged preference for me.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Player 2

6:3

Comment

Player 1 - original compositions forever.

The Tony Christie track is a great performance but not in the realms of 1's selection

Comment

Working...
                        X