Music King 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music King 2023

We want the finest songs available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F..._DeWg/viewform
    I'll send out round 1 heats this week.

how many players so far? *subscribing to the thread*

Comment

We're just a couple of players short of getting 16.

I might put in people twice rather than give byes.

Comment

Put gpt 4in as an entrant let’s see what it’s really made of
        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          We're just a couple of players short of getting 16.

I might put in people twice rather than give byes.
          Put me down if you haven't already made draw etc.
          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Sorry this evening is the first chance I've had to sit down at my desktop.

Pm's for the first round are out.

Best of luck everyone!

I've scheduled it to start from Tue, but if two players send in their picks early I'll start it sooner.

Comment

No PM. I must have messed up my google docs thing. No prob . I shall be a judge instead. Looking forward to some new chunes

Comment

Sorry I sent it to the Solksjaer account by mistake.

Forwarded it on to you now..

Comment

Sorry I sent it to the Solksjaer account by mistake.

Forwarded it on to you now..
                  Cheers Phantom Lord

Comment

I'm going to wrap up round 1 today and send out round 2 picks this evening.

It's too awkward to do on my phone in work.

I'll keep the game anonymous until the final winner is decided.

Best of luck to everyone remaining and thank you for the entities so far.

Comment

Round 2 PMs sent out.

Thanks for all the votes.

Comment

Damn... lost by one vote in the folk round after completely forgetting pick 2 could be anything and drunkenly (and hastily) posting two live folk track. Lol... dunno what I was thinking but lesson learned I hope.

Oh well, congrats to the victor

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                          Damn... lost by one vote in the folk round after completely forgetting pick 2 could be anything and drunkenly (and hastily) posting two live folk track. Lol... dunno what I was thinking but lesson learned I hope.

Oh well, congrats to the victor
                          I got pummeled for selecting the best movie soundtrack EVER because a song in the movie was too popular . Lol. Every other tune in the movie irrelevant so player 2s pick was good though . Alls fair

Comment

Lost a Drimnagh man. Sean Keane of the Chieftains RIP.

Comment

I'll lock up the semi finals and write up the final when I get a chance today.

Any preferences for genres for the final or will I randomise a short list?
                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-05-23, 10:04.

Comment

I'll lock up the semi finals and write up the final when I get a chance today.

Any preferences for genres for the final or will I randomise a short list?
                                loved the African round last time .

Comment

I put the player list into the generator and this is how it played out

apologies for the typo Pat Mustard.

Thank you for all of the entries and votes so far.

R1
                                  Strewelpeter - Funk
                                  LuckyLoyd - Hip Hop (2000s)
                                  MysteryGuest (was there any doubt who picked Miami Vice) - TV Theme Tunes
                                  eamonhonda - Movie Soundtracks
                                  Ed - 50s Jazz
                                  Denny - Covers better than the original
                                  Chatgpt -Folk
                                  Pat Mustard - B-Sides

R2

LuckyLoyd - Girl Band
                                  eamonhonda - Blues
                                  Denny - Instrumentals
                                  Pat Mustard - Electronica

Semi-Final

eamonhonda - Electronica, 90s Pop
                                  Denny - 2000+ Pop, Rock and Roll

Does someone else want to run the final? I don't want any concerns about bias in choosing the format and genres.
                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-05-23, 08:42.

Comment

not sure what is worse, getting beaten by chatgpt or PSV

Comment

Fair play Phantom Lord – Enjoyable comp so far. You have to finish it. Sure look how is it bias picking a genre ? I do find it highly amusing when people get indignant when they don’t approve of a selection. Some of the comments are hilarious (intended or not) . Music really does bring out the inner snob on folk. I mostly suffer from it when I see hip hop (big genre) then I go hmm, actually I like that one, oooh and that one.
                                      Titbit - Yesterday was International Goth Day . Is there an EMO day ?

Comment

Will there every be a Kenny Rogers weekend

Comment

Well lads, you don’t like a 90’s pop song but it’s not my fault 90’s pop is fucking SHITE. At least my choice was the fecking genre requested!
                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                            Well lads, you don’t like a 90’s pop song but it’s not my fault 90’s pop is fucking SHITE. At least my choice was the fecking genre requested!
                                            Genre's can always be a bit loose but some of the picks in these rounds were comically far off the mark.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Haha sure pop can be anything once it hit the mainstream charts, it barely has a definition
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Going to throw remaining genres into random org on monday and pick 2. If anyone suggests anything else and it gets seconded I'll add it (or if anything gets vetoed by two people it's out).

singles under 2 mins
                                                singles over 5 min
                                                acid rock
                                                Electronic
                                                African Music
                                                It's 4am. You're at a party of strangers. They hand you control of the music. You have one song to win them over

Comment

There's still some gems in there.

I don't police the genre picks, people voting tend to punish any transgression.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X