All things music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All things music

Just creating this thread to capture all the music info and links in one place . I'll add mine anyway .

1st off . The making of AJA

An old enough clip now but my most played in 2021.

Comment

If anyone had some good spotify playlists can you add them to this thread . Also if keen on keeping this thread perhaps add some content . Otherwise it will die .

I'll add some content each day for a week and leave it there if no traction. .

Comment

Comment

chanced on this very randomly and it's really grown on me. it's all kinds of wrong but it put a smile on my face. pretty catchy fucked up tune, and great Coen like video, (although it's not one you should really sing along to )

Last edited by shrapnel; 27-01-22, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            chanced on this very randomly and it's really grown on me. it's all kinds of wrong but it put a smile on my face. pretty catchy fucked up tune, and great Coen like video, (although it's not one you should really sing along to )

Thats actually quite amusing. Was looking for a Leonard Cohen ref.

Comment

Not usually a fan of this genre but this i like . Was about to turn it off then i thought hmmm

Comment

was looking into this one and found the song they sample throughout the track (youtube below). the singer is a horrible cunt of a guy called Johnny Rebel . His songs are pretty grim tbh, and i'm pretty shocked they're available on spotify.

Comment

Name a song with the name of a bird in it. Can you find it in this song ?

Comment

didn't find it

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      Name a song with the name of a bird in it.
                      that was a lot harder than i thought

Comment

didn't find it
                        The Swan goes out to the 1 I love .

I'll get me coat

Comment

I'm loving Wet Leg at the minute - Think they could have a huge break out year in 2022.

Comment

Quirky fun stuff Lao Lao bit o Lilley Allen influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I'm loving Wet Leg at the minute - Think they could have a huge break out year in 2022.

They remind me of the Tom Tom club

Comment

Techno Viking!

There's a blast from the past
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

And just to add to the music.
                                  I'm so annoyed I never found a good excuse to use this in music king

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Most underrated song of the 90s

Comment

If you're looking for another Dub singer Solksjaer!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        If you're looking for another Dub singer Solksjaer!

He has a great voice for ballads . Seen another of hiscwhere he is walking around singing and playing. Must be on youtube somewhere.

I was browsing looking for different rhythms to this song below and came across this . Fking excellent .

Comment

Music King should have a busking round next time .

Comment

Sorry I've been late to this thread. Was moving house (not easy at 50-odd years of age).

Great idea Solks. I'm finally living the dream and basically spending all day in a record shop now (well, my office is essentially a record shop with vinyl, books, mini-discs, cassettes. DVDs, box sets, posters, badges, memorabilia etc..

Anyway, I'm half way there... https://www.instagram.com/p/CZnN5ERgKH-/

Comment

If you're after buskers - this Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvs...2m1nXpf9B5yTkg has pretty much daily updates from Grafton Street/ Stephen's Green / Henry Street,

Girl called Rosie Byrne pops up a lot with a serious voice, thought this was pretty cool too.

Comment

Saw these guys in the Ambassador 20 years ago . Still gigging i heard . They should have been bigger . This was my fav of theirs especially the acoustic solo near the end .

Comment

Anyone listen to Moses Sumney ? Aromanticism . Very very relaxing music. . Recommend if you need to chill.

Comment

These lads have been grinding for years, saw them in Concert Hall just before Chistmas and they played in front of 1k people and they were clearly embarrassed at the audience. They're just playing folk, finding songs from wherever they can. They do a savage "I'm a Rover" and "The Bothy Lads" too. A sit down concert absolutely, nobody will be up dancing, but they're smashing that.

Maybe got a few fans from their 'Courage' Other Voices gig which was in Whelans during the lockdown last year?

For the gaelgoirs

Last edited by Emmet; 19-02-22, 21:39.

Comment

Very nice. And they stixk Mary fking Black on the Late Late contiously . Love the coloured mandy.

Comment

Really liking the new Fontaines DC tune - Am sure Benny will be along shortly to wholeheartedly agree

Comment

Really liking the new Fontaines DC tune - Am sure Benny will be along shortly to wholeheartedly agree

New but A throw back, can hear a few influences like the New Order riff elec guitar and the Paul Weller style strumming acoustic. . mind you i hear plenty more in it so ignore

I like it . Somehow makes me nostalgic

Comment

Feeling nostalgic today. This always made me feel good.

Comment

Great Zepplin Cover

Comment

I already have a lot of love for Yard Act but this one has the vibe of Talking Heads off it which makes me love it even more

Comment

My lockdown ladies singing a Ukrainian song .

Comment

My lockdown ladies singing a Ukrainian song .

2, 3, 1.

Comment

this series is just fantastic. i'm a huge fan of Robert Fripp, and this is just the best rock & roll couple imo. they're hilarious, mental and awesome at the same time. they do these videos regularly on youtube

and for anyone who've never heard of them Robert Fripp is one of the genii behind king crimson and together they made a fantastic band called sunday all over the world, which if you like far fetched prog rock, isphenomenal.

Comment

pray for Benny

Fontaines DC crowned best band in the world

Comment

Not even close

Comment

Lol
                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

#39
                                                                              If humanity manages another Voysger type expedition this vid needs to be on it.
                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                If humanity manages another Voysger type expedition this vid needs to be on it.
                                                                                Very good band . Better than the guys above imo .

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Good idea for a game - today a bit too easy though

Spotify is a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    Good idea for a game - today a bit too easy though

https://www.heardle.app/
                                                                                    I like this one. 1st 1 easy all right.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Topical innit .

Comment

#44

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Off to see these Ladies tonighy.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Beautiful

Comment

#47
                                                                                              not been to concert in a while but went to see these ladies last night. all kinds of cool

next concert in a month. going back to see these girls again, same venue, jazz cafe in camden, should be just as good as last time. can't wait, and there won't be many more people than what you see in the video. real initimate

Comment

#48

not been to concert in a while but went to see these ladies last night. all kinds of cool

next concert in a month. going back to see these girls again, same venue, jazz cafe in camden, should be just as good as last time. can't wait, and there won't be many more people than what you see in the video. real initimate

Warpaimt were in my top 20 back in 2016 if I remember rightly. You need to keep up

Comment

#49

Warpaint were in my top 20 back in 2016 if I remember rightly. You need to keep up
                                                                                                  Even longer for me, but they got back together , did a new album and toured. still sound great tbh

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Feeling nostalgic today. This always made me feel good.
                                                                                                    RIP Cathal Coughlan

Comment

#51

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                      X