IPB FPL 21/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPB FPL 21/22

Once more into the breech friends, once more!

League is open for entries

Main league €30 entry fee, top 4 get paid (assuming we reach 40 runners)

10 monthly prizes of €30 for top scorer

There is a new 'League Cup' mode included this year. details below (starts in the 2nd half of the season)

Each qualifying team will be randomly drawn against another in the first round. The winner (the team with the highest Gameweek score minus any transfer points), will progress to the second round and another random draw, the losers are out! This process continues until the final round when the two remaining teams contest the cup final.

If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:
    1. Most goals scored in the Gameweek
    2. Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
    3. Virtual coin toss
    If people are interested we can either
    a) siphon off some prize money for the winner of the cup
    b) ignore it completely except for bragging rights
    c) add €10 to the entry fee as a prize for cup winner

There is a H2H league also, €20 entry winner takes all. If we get more than 20 runners I will start a second one.

There is a Oneshot league, €20 entry winner takes all. All chips can be used, no transfers are allowed.

Payment

Payment can be made by Paypal pm if you don't have my details saved (g.d live)
    Last edited by Iago; 05-07-21, 11:13.
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

insert tumbleweed gif here...

So, not sure if there's just no interest, if it got lost in the Euro 2020 and olympic noise, or if people just can't find it on this new site but to say this is slow would be too say that Brexit wasn't as well thought through as it should have been

Will leave it here for another week or so, but maybe we've just reached the end for this comp. Between covid and all the rest I'm not sure there's real interest in continuing with it.

Comment

Hey Iago, thanks for running again! I'd be surprised if we couldn't get a league goig with at least a dozen or so, if memory serves we usually get 30-40 runners. I'd be surprised if all have lost interest. (Btw I sent you 30e on Paypal and a PM on here, did you get it?)

Comment

Originally posted by FMWT View Post
        Hey Iago, thanks for running again! I'd be surprised if we couldn't get a league goig with at least a dozen or so, if memory serves we usually get 30-40 runners. I'd be surprised if all have lost interest. (Btw I sent you 30e on Paypal and a PM on here, did you get it?)
        yup, received thanks. Sorry for the delay, been in and out the last few days.

Will send you on the league code later and if it doesn't go ahead for whatever reason I'll ship the funds back.

Comment

I'm in for main and H2H and will do all sidebets as well
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Donating as always. Hoping the Friday kick offs can fuck off as I reckon I've missed 4 out of every 5 deadlines they cause.

Comment

Will setup a team at some stage - main and h2h for me

Comment

I'm in for the main and H2H.

Thanks for running it again, Gary. Much appreciated.

Comment

Im in again for both main league and H2H, will do payment now

Comment

Hey Gary, thanks for hosting again. Me and my brother will donate to main and H2H as per usual!

Comment

In for Main, i think you have €30 kept from me from prize last season

Comment

Codes and messages sent to all who have posted/paid so far.

Comment

Sent €30 for main via paypal, pm the code for mini league please.

Comment

I'd like to donate, send paypal deets plz
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

€50 sent.

Sidebets anyone?
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

...I'm in for both Main and H2H...Think I could be owed €30 from the monthly prizes last season... But if not just let me know and i'll send the €50... Also - I'm sure there will be a least as much interest as always in this- FF just opened up way too early- I'd say most don't even have a draft yet...

Comment

luckforsome DeadParrot The C Kid Solksjaer! Emmet FMWT POD Dice75 RichieM AceOfShamrocks hackers lowkicker mcnugget KevIRL mdoug eagle_eye Silver-Tiger

Okay boys and girls. State of play with 5 days left is pretty poor. We have 15 confirmed runners with 12 paid. For the H2H we are at 9 confirmed runners with 6 paid. I've included a few people here that aren't registered but normally play to see if it wakes them up here's the crux of it. Barring a miracle we don't have near enough to go with the usual structures so the below are the options, majority vote will rule and that's what we'll go with at the end of the week.

1) Just pay 1st and 2nd (70/30 split) at the end of the year or if we break 20 runners pay 1/2/3 (50/30/20 split) and if we somehow break 30 runners add back in monthly prizes

2) Pay 1st and give the rest to the winner of the inaugural cup competition (probably 65/35 or even 70/30 split)

3) Refund all monies and just play for pride

4) Pay a reduced monthly prize of €20 with the remainder going to the winner. If we get to 20 runners that will mean approx €400 for the winner

It seems that this comp has gone the way of the site which is unsurprising but also a little sad. Anyway please all give your thoughts before Friday, otherwise I'll have to consult the magic 8 Ball for the way forward
                                  Last edited by Iago; 08-08-21, 09:21.

Comment

No monthlys, winner take all or 1st 2nd split

Comment

In for the main and h2h. Monies sent via PayPal.
                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                        In for the main and h2h. Monies sent via PayPal.
                                        +1

Comment

In as always. Will join the heads up for once this year too just to increace the numbers.

Also, will happily retain my title in the 1shot if anyone else would like to compete against me bring it on!

The rest of ye get the finger out, it's only €30 for 9 months of entertainment and bragging rights!! A bunch of former gamblers afraid to lose €30 to mdoug, the shame!
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                            luckforsome DeadParrot The C Kid Solksjaer! Emmet FMWT POD Dice75 RichieM AceOfShamrocks hackers lowkicker mcnugget KevIRL mdoug eagle_eye Silver-Tiger

Okay boys and girls. State of play with 5 days left is pretty poor. We have 15 confirmed runners with 12 paid. For the H2H we are at 9 confirmed runners with 6 paid. I've included a few people here that aren't registered but normally play to see if it wakes them up here's the crux of it. Barring a miracle we don't have near enough to go with the usual structures so the below are the options, majority vote will rule and that's what we'll go with at the end of the week.

1) Just pay 1st and 2nd (70/30 split) at the end of the year or if we break 20 runners pay 1/2/3 (50/30/20 split) and if we somehow break 30 runners add back in monthly prizes

2) Pay 1st and give the rest to the winner of the inaugural cup competition (probably 65/35 or even 70/30 split)

3) Refund all monies and just play for pride

4) Pay a reduced monthly prize of €20 with the remainder going to the winner. If we get to 20 runners that will mean approx €400 for the winner

It seems that this comp has gone the way of the site which is unsurprising but also a little sad. Anyway please all give your thoughts before Friday, otherwise I'll have to consult the magic 8 Ball for the way forward

Option number 1 for me!

Comment

Late along. In for everything. Open for sidebets

Comment

+1 for sidebets

Comment

Sent for the main and H2H, got the codes from DP. Is the one shot running?

Comment

Can set one up, but there’s only 3 runners if I do (mdoug, yourself and me)

Comment

Put me down for the normal league and the head to head as well please Gary

Comment

okay, so wants sidebets?

DP, Iago? lowkicker?

Also, agree with what others said given low numbers dump the monthlies.

Comment

In for all sidebets. €50 each. Just like this post before kickoff tomorrow and I'll post a list of who I'm up against. Feeling confident this year. Let's see how quickly that fades away!

Comment

Sorry I'm late.

Normal and H2H please. Someone please send me paypal details as I usually do bank transfer.

Comment

I usually manage to get one of the monthly’s so lets
                                                              dump mail prizes and keep the monthly’s

Comment

Seriously tho maybe a small
                                                                second half of the season prize to keep players interested might be good or a best score for a week?

also anyone interested in side bets let me know

Comment

Apologies for late notice. Will ship 30 for main of not too late.

Would do h2h also if space.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                    second half of the season prize to keep players interested might be good or a best score for a week?

Think what I'll do is pay 1st overall and then pay the winner of the league cup competition. That only starts in GW20 and will give people an interest in the later stages (watch me get knocked out in the 1st round now)

Not sure it'll be worth tearing up teams for but at least there's a second chance if you will

Comment

State of play

Once Lurker pays we'll have 20 runnners and 14 in the H2H.

Might still get one or two more today but that'll be about it.

Comment

In for main and H2H. Can you PM me PayPal details?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          okay, so wants sidebets?

DP, Iago? lowkicker?

Also, agree with what others said given low numbers dump the monthlies.
                                                                          ...Will go sidebet if you like, just thank post...

Comment

...Will go sidebet if you like, just thank post...

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              Sent for the main and H2H, got the codes from DP. Is the one shot running?
                                                                              I'm going to create a team for this and hopefully will get some competition as want to make it 3 years running. Decide quick as Iago will have to send on league deets

--------
                                                                              Also am up for sidebets for those who want easy money, this year I will 100% be paying less attention than any other. Anyone who likes gets a side bet
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Thank post for sidebets
                                                                                Kev, low kicker, iago, luck for some, dougie
                                                                                All welcome

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Thank post for sidebets
                                                                                  Kev, low kicker, iago, luck for some, dougie
                                                                                  All welcome
                                                                                  If your up for a €50 side bet count me in

Comment

#42
                                                                                    So 5 €50 sides:

DeadParrot
                                                                                    mdoug
                                                                                    KevIRL
                                                                                    luckforsome
                                                                                    RichieM

Best of luck lads

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Lowkicker
                                                                                      mdoug
                                                                                      KevIRL
                                                                                      luckforsome?
                                                                                      Iago?
                                                                                      RichieM

I think that's it? 4 confirmed and 2 questionable?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Lowkicker
                                                                                        mdoug
                                                                                        KevIRL
                                                                                        luckforsome?
                                                                                        Iago?
                                                                                        RichieM

...I can go if you like and not too late... Edit- 20 point gap though, so i can start -20 if needed...
                                                                                        Last edited by luckforsome; 17-08-21, 16:19.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

...I can go if you like and not too late... Edit- 20 point gap though, so i can start -20 if needed...
                                                                                          no, you keep your points man.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Lowkicker
                                                                                            mdoug
                                                                                            KevIRL
                                                                                            luckforsome?
                                                                                            Iago?
                                                                                            RichieM

My worst fpl in donkeys years ​​​​​​
                                                                                            Let me know who I owe money to

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Had forgotten I had side bets or I wouldn’t have stopped playing with 10 weeks to go. Was doing terribly tho so doubt it would have made a difference.

I have your number dp so will revolut. If you want to send me on yours low kicker I will do the same.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                ... Finished 3rd- I had side bets with Kevirl, deadparrot, lowkicker and richie M... if any of you finished top 2, pm your deets, if not let me know I'll send my deeds...

...also congrats to Cream, some scoring this season... Thanks IAGO for running it- I know it didn't get the same traction this season but think that was because the 2 seasons almost rolled into each other... Hopefully go again next season...

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                  ... Finished 3rd- I had side bets with Kevirl, deadparrot, lowkicker and richie M... if any of you finished top 2, pm your deets, if not let me know I'll send my deeds...

...also congrats to Cream, some scoring this season... Thanks IAGO for running it- I know it didn't get the same traction this season but think that was because the 2 seasons almost rolled into each other... Hopefully go again next season...
                                                                                                  If you could send me on your number I will revolut if that works.

Thanks again for running Iago - looking forward to the break before next season kicks off

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Had forgotten I had side bets or I wouldn’t have stopped playing with 10 weeks to go. Was doing terribly tho so doubt it would have made a difference.

I have your number dp so will revolut. If you want to send me on yours low kicker I will do the same.
                                                                                                    Well this is embarrassing :/ I came 21st. Thoroughly unenjoyable season!
                                                                                                    Fairly sure I lost all my sides so PM me bank details or number and I'll Revolut all you guys!

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by lowkicker View Post

Well this is embarrassing :/ I came 21st. Thoroughly unenjoyable season!
                                                                                                      Fairly sure I lost all my sides so PM me bank details or number and I'll Revolut all you guys!
                                                                                                      Fairly sure you didn't notice this so, but you beat me in the cup final on the last gameweek so you won something!

I only had two sidebets, beat you and lost to DP. Since you are already paying DP, can you pay him 100 instead then I don't need to do anything!

Thanks for the comps iago, will be my last one but appreciated them all.
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Fairly sure you didn't notice this so, but you beat me in the cup final on the last gameweek so you won something!

I only had two sidebets, beat you and lost to DP. Since you are already paying DP, can you pay him 100 instead then I don't need to do anything!

Thanks for the comps iago, will be my last one but appreciated them all.
                                                                                                        A late Robbo goal clinched it! Not sure how I managed to win something with how I played, but better lucky than good!

No worries. I'll send him 100e now

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Well alrighty then...

The first thing I want to say is thank you to everyone who has taken part in this over the years. We've managed to get 10 years out of it but as this last season has shown, the dynamic here and in rl for most of us has changed dramatically. It's disappointing to go out on a low, but I guess it was inevitable that we would do so...nobody ever wants to quit when things are going well. I will not be running this league again as I don't feel there is the demand anymore in our little group, We have had some great years of 60+ players but as the users here dwindled so too did our numbers for this competition.

This year we ended up with only 26 runners. I debated a lot over what to do, and I'm glad that at no point did I trouble the scorers because it means I can make a call without any personal bias. In the end I've decided the following

- 1st, 2nd and 3rd will get prizes
                                                                                                          - a reduced monthly prize of €25 will be paid for each month

This competition was always mostly for bragging rights and designed so that as many people as possible could enjoy the year and have a chance at getting some of their money back, even if they were miles off the pace. Keeping a smaller monthly prize allows us to do that in this final year, and I think that's really important.

All of that leaves us with the following

1st gets €290
                                                                                                          2nd gets €180
                                                                                                          3rd gets €110
                                                                                                          10* monthly prizes of €20

As always the scoring was really impressive at the top, my best ever score would only have been enough for 9th place this year which is a little humbling to be honest

Our overall winners were
                                                                                                          1st Cream 2,674 points
                                                                                                          2nd DierAnotherday 2,649 points
                                                                                                          3rd Keepitsimple 2,579 points

Fantastic scores from one and all.

In addition the monthly winning totals were..
                                                                                                          Team Points
                                                                                                          August Keepitsimple 280
                                                                                                          September Superjinkingrun 203
                                                                                                          October watchthefootball 267
                                                                                                          November Cream 268
                                                                                                          December Pieters Assist 350
                                                                                                          January Keepitsimple 210
                                                                                                          February DeDev-E-Ants 364
                                                                                                          March keepitsimple 280
                                                                                                          April Dier Another Day 381
                                                                                                          May Cream 313
                                                                                                          and of course there was the small matter of the H2H league which was won by Sub-Standard-Liege with 24 wins and 14 defeats...a 90+ point season it was not. Then again, you can only beat what;s in front of you, so well done!

I'll send a pm to users who have won prizes, but please feel free to mail me directly with either bank details for revelout or paypal details for paypal transfer.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the many years of enjoyable banter we had with this league and well done to all the winners this year!

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Owe money to kev and liam.
                                                                                                            Rest can ship when suits.
                                                                                                            Pay or get paid easily with payment links! Use any card to pay or any bank account to get paid.

Or PayPal or pm me please

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                              Well alrighty then...

The first thing I want to say is thank you to everyone who has taken part in this over the years. We've managed to get 10 years out of it but as this last season has shown, the dynamic here and in rl for most of us has changed dramatically. It's disappointing to go out on a low, but I guess it was inevitable that we would do so...nobody ever wants to quit when things are going well. I will not be running this league again as I don't feel there is the demand anymore in our little group, We have had some great years of 60+ players but as the users here dwindled so too did our numbers for this competition.

This year we ended up with only 26 runners. I debated a lot over what to do, and I'm glad that at no point did I trouble the scorers because it means I can make a call without any personal bias. In the end I've decided the following

- 1st, 2nd and 3rd will get prizes
                                                                                                              - a reduced monthly prize of €25 will be paid for each month

This competition was always mostly for bragging rights and designed so that as many people as possible could enjoy the year and have a chance at getting some of their money back, even if they were miles off the pace. Keeping a smaller monthly prize allows us to do that in this final year, and I think that's really important.

All of that leaves us with the following

1st gets €290
                                                                                                              2nd gets €180
                                                                                                              3rd gets €110
                                                                                                              10* monthly prizes of €20

As always the scoring was really impressive at the top, my best ever score would only have been enough for 9th place this year which is a little humbling to be honest

Our overall winners were
                                                                                                              1st Cream 2,674 points
                                                                                                              2nd DierAnotherday 2,649 points
                                                                                                              3rd Keepitsimple 2,579 points

Fantastic scores from one and all.

In addition the monthly winning totals were..
                                                                                                              Team Points
                                                                                                              August Keepitsimple 280
                                                                                                              September Superjinkingrun 203
                                                                                                              October watchthefootball 267
                                                                                                              November Cream 268
                                                                                                              December Pieters Assist 350
                                                                                                              January Keepitsimple 210
                                                                                                              February DeDev-E-Ants 364
                                                                                                              March keepitsimple 280
                                                                                                              April Dier Another Day 381
                                                                                                              May Cream 313
                                                                                                              and of course there was the small matter of the H2H league which was won by Sub-Standard-Liege with 24 wins and 14 defeats...a 90+ point season it was not. Then again, you can only beat what;s in front of you, so well done!

I'll send a pm to users who have won prizes, but please feel free to mail me directly with either bank details for revelout or paypal details for paypal transfer.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the many years of enjoyable banter we had with this league and well done to all the winners this year!
                                                                                                              Gary - hang onto my monthly prize, many thanks for all the years of effort into running this.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                delighted to be paying Liam for once! send me on your details please brother.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Thanks for running over the years Iago

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    New one set up this year in case anyone missed it:

...Hi all... Setting up this seasons FPL as after 10 successful years, IAGO has decided to hang up the coat as master of ceremonies... No changes to money/rules, just to the bank details and revolut ;)... 1. Main league- €30 per entry- Less than 30 runners, pay 3 top, more than 30 runners pay 4. 2. There is a H2H league

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                    X