Pm from lloyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pm from lloyd

My posting has been fine. Any so called trooling that you think ive done has been because people like mdwexfords sidekick and eagle eye have trolled.

Ive helped out in the forum answering questions from noobs a few times, stakeing people and never really put a foot out of line. The same goes for that ryan guy. He never really put a foot out of line until howard_finkel started berating and trolling him in every thread.

Its people like howard finkel and eagle eye who stir things up that should be banned.

I would also like my temp ban to be lifted so i can stake the people as i promised. I WONT post in any other thread apart from my stakeing one. If i do then you can permaban me.

Edit for anyone whose never met me here is my fb as the other 2 have done it. 1 person would hardly create 3 facebooks who all have different pics/friends/posts on their wall just to level a poker fourm.
    Last edited by KevIRL; 22-01-13, 19:40.

Comment

The Eddie Durkin account will be site banned from tomorrow afternoon. This decision comes after lengthy discussion and consultation behind the scenes. Ultimately, we feel that it is best for the site as a whole if DBC does not have the ability to post here. This thread will serve as the place to discuss the matter publicly, so long as the discussion is civil and free of personal abuse. We would appreciate if there was no discussion of the case elsewhere on the site.

Please note that we will welcome thoughts and feedback on how we have dealt with DBC on the new site, but this thread is not intended to be an open jury. Ultimately the decision and it's consequences must be made and faced by us as a group.

Thanks,

Kev / Lloyd / Ste / Dom
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

That's a pity but I think the mods do a great job.I'm sure you had good reason for your decision.

The modding style seems more liberal over here then at our old home,it's just a pity that some posters (not just Eddie) are so immature.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Hi Lloyd/lads,

There's a big issue with DBC, as was the case when on boards. When one account got banned, there was another set up, and another and another.....This led to everyone being suspicious of new accounts, not giving geniune posters a fair trial etc.

As much as some people despise DBC or have a beef with him, isn't it better that he keeps all his posts under one username, that people can choose to ignore if they wish, rather than everyone keep getting levelled by the numerous accounts that will probably surface?

Comment

Since Tony posted part of what I was going to say, I just want to add that I think this is a bit of an unfair decision. I feel that the only reason things got so out of hand was down to the crap Howard Finkel posted trying to needle him all the time. HE should face the ban hammer for his trollish behaviour imo

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              Since Tony posted part of what I was going to say, I just want to add that I think this is a bit of an unfair decision. I feel that the only reason things got so out of hand was down to the crap Howard Finkel posted trying to needle him all the time. HE should face the ban hammer for his trollish behaviour imo
              Richie (Howard Finkel) has been warned about his behaviour in the strongest terms. In fairness to him, he took that warning on the chin with no ifs, buts or finger pointing. That is part of the problem with DBC's involvement on the site (and boards previously) - the inability or unwillingness to accept accountability and responsibility for one's own words and actions.

I / we agree that jumping all over new accounts is a problem that cannot continue, and is something that we are working on at the moment.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I thought he was making a reasonable effort on here tbh, i know he was the biggest fool in the world on boards but it wasnt him that was causing problems on here imo.
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Had no problem with him on here either, one of his previous incarnations on boards belfastlad I think it was was fine aswell till he was outed..

Comment

Really did seem to be trying to be sensible and reasonable on here.

Pity I think, I agree there was a clash of personalities
                      Last edited by Emmet; 15-03-10, 20:47.

Comment

Let me just start by saying that the only reason I went into that staking thread was so that people were aware that he might let them down.

He had stated in another thread only a short time before he offered stakes that he had taken his whole role offline. He had stated in another thread that he was going to pay back money he owed to another member but it was unveiled in the staking thread that this had not happened. I honestly posted that as a preventative measure, I felt there was a chance that he might look to get a loan of the money to stake these people and I felt it was only fair that everyone was aware of who they were dealing with.

He was ruining the bbv because there are too many people that don't like him. It led to numerous posts by him and others that nobody wants to be reading.
                        As far as the rest of the board was concerned he seemed ok tbh.

Having read what Hitchhiker said though, a restricted form of access might not be a bad thing. I do feel he was very harshly treated by Howard_Finkel in particular, as was Ryanzo.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

i don't like to see anyone banned well apart from "gracing you" but i wasn't on boards long enough to witness the whole DBC debacle.

the whole €600 thing with CHD's mate sounds a bit irish to be honest and a guy who can't pay his debt's but has enough money to go "investing" in online stakes is not worth pi**ing up against for shelter, but that's just my opinion.

but it's true that there is nothing stopping him from opening a new account and starting up again and will probably go for a while before someone puts 2 and 2 together same goes for "gracing you".

the mods are going to have a tough job with this kind of thing and i feel for them as they will come in for critisisiam. i hope it dosn't lead to more stringent modding on here as is allready mentioned

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

disclosure: Chris PM'd me saying that he's getting banned permanently from here and asking if I would intercede on his behalf with the Mods. Given that I met him last week for all of 2 minutes in the SE, he seems to think that this acquaintance must have made an impression on me! He did actually fork over €50 that he said he would for the Cheltenham League thingy (I was amazed by this given his rep.)

I just read the staking thread that he says his ban derives from. TBH I don't see anything too bad in there - apart from sheer stupidity in offering stakes when you owe money to other posters. I'm sure though there is other stuff I don't know about and that the ban is entirely justifed.

Anyway, my 2c as he requested. Fire away! If he did get banned for the staking thread, it seems on the harsh side. If he was up to other crap elsewhere and behind the scenes, then it's grand by me. I really don't want to be second-guessing your processes and it is your site after all....
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

got a PM myself, can't say he ever bothered me (hypocritical of me if he did) . This site is gone mad anyway with this villager/Wolves insanity, even Phantom Lord is getting uppity 'cause people aren't playing properly. (werewolf imo) To be honest if you are taking both sites into consideration he probably is lucky to have lasted so long here bur if you are making a fresh start you should give him a zero tolerance last chance, however anyone badgering him should be rollicked. There ya go DBC please post the 50 dollar to OMGitsWilliec at PS

Comment

Ok im not trying to tell you how to run your site and Im pretty sure I dont know the whole story but id have no problem with Eddie Durkin on this site (or Rynzo FWIW). I know this guy has a reputation for being a right pr!ck in the past but hes been fine lately - even when other people (myself included i must say) have goaded him.

But then again this is your house so your rules etc..

Comment

Harsh, he is banned because Howard Finkle wouldn't STFU basically. He might have had opinions that clashed with people most of the time but did nothing to warrant a permaban.

Comment

We will put another official type post in here at some point, hopefully tonight, if not tomorrow I reckon.

Comment

Not a decision I would like to have had to make lads and I'm sure you didn't arrive at it lightly. I will say, the chap pissed me off something fierce one night but, on reflection, I was being a bit sensitive and maybe I shouldn't have risen to it. I made a concious decision to keep him off my radar and that was that.

I think therein lies the rub though. It's never exactly one big incident with a personality like that, but loads of small irritations which lead to just general bad feeling and disruption, which of course yourselves as mods have to deal with for fear it gets out of hand.

He seemed to bring out the bad in people (if that's not an unfair thing to say) like a bold kid who doesn't care what kind of attention he gets, good or bad, so long as he's getting attention.

Anyway, without being too lick-arsey, I think it's testament to the people (see posts above) posting on here that there is still a willingness to give him another go albeit in a restricted sense and I'm glad to be a tiny tiny part of this site.

Like most of my posts, I take too long to say the simplest things so if you've got down here, thanks for listening. Keep up the good work...everyone.

Comment

Ridiculous decision imo.

This what seen as a fresh start from everything that happened on Boards, and if the community as a whole was making a fresh start then it's only fair that everyone is afforded the same chance.

I have nothing but respect for the mods but feel it is inappropriate and unfair to ban him for his actions on this site. Yes, he's annoying sometimes but if we banned people for making useless and annoying posts we would have very few members remaining.

To stand by this decision, for which you say is being made for the best of the site, then I feel at least one other member should be banned for his part in the debacle in which he was much more disruptive than DBC was.

As I said it was a fresh start here, and it's pretty ridiculous of us to apply that fresh start just to the people we feel deserve to be allowed one.

Comment

OK, with people away over the next day or so, it may be a few days before there is a full and final decision on this. We will read and take all points given here, but this was never a full clean slate decision. It was reluctantly given in the first place with large strings attached, and any decision cannot be taken without consideration of prior actions.

If we find any alt accounts for Cheltenham or whatever set up then that is case closed immediately though.

There are some compelling arguments for both sides, but ultimately it is not a decision we will have taken in a knee jerk fashion.

Comment

first time I'll ever say this, but I'm on DBCs side TBH, he wasnt too bad once he was outed, and bar him owing money to someone off site and offering stakes, didnt do too much. If the stakes thing is what pushed this decision along, surely the mods can't be mothering him, and same decision as not to ban BrianByrne so he'd stop playing should apply IE let them mess up their money their own way.
                                            Aside from that, he was more annoying when it wasnt known for certain if he was DBC, but once he was outed, he seemed to fit in ok, and make an effort. People can be wary, and even stick him on ignore, but I didnt see a huge amount that deserved a ban; I saw more out of Richie.
                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                              He might have had opinions that clashed with people most of the time but did nothing to warrant a permaban.
                                              Basically what chd said (though sometimes I've wondered whether he (DBC) deliberately takes contrarian opinions purely to be the centre of a disagreement).

I think his posting here was generally fine until some people appeared to deliberately set out to push his buttons.

Maybe a voluntary posting limit by quantity on a trial basis - for a couple of months 10 or 12 posts max in any 24 hour day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                He seemed to bring out the bad in people
                                                That an excellent point. I had written a post earlier saying that I disagreed with the ban, but I didn't pull the trigger because I actually think the site would be better without him.

I don't think he should have been brought on board secretly and then banned like this, it feels slightly like messing the guy around. I wouldn't lose sleep over it due to it being the person he is, but it doesn't sit right with me.

I thought he made the effort that was required of him, despite the fact that I don't think he should have been afforded the chance to be part of the community in the first place. His over-posting was annoying but that's who is he.

I guess I would have to sit down and think a fair bit about what the criteria for being allowed to post are or ought to be in order to say if it is right or not. But I'm not a mod so I don't have to make the call.

But the "Brings out the bad in people" really strikes a chord with me. BBV was a lousy read for a while with the DBC, Ryanzo, Finkel stuff.

This would be a lot easier if only Chris didn't care so much about being part of the community.

Argh, no lynch

Comment

just to add a leopard dosn't change his spots

thats not to say that i want to see the guy banned.
                                                  i have nothing against the guy personally its just that idon't have a high opinion of him.

tbh if i didn't like someone on here i could accuse him of owing money and being a pit of a prick if he had that type of tendancey rally a few supporters and get the guy kicked off. is this what we want? this type of mob rule

but again ye are the mods and ye have vastly superior experience in dealing in this type of thing than any of us "ordinary members". i don't agree that bans should carry over from "the other place" unless for good reason such as known conmen or people out to abuse the goodwill and trust of others on here and over there. but i do think that yere knowledge and experience from dealing with people over there should carry over here especially if they were known mischief makers. i mean why go through the hardship of giving a guy every chance for 6mths and then banning him when you allready knew that this was only ever going to be the outcome due to previous experience's elsewhere.

just my 2 cents

i may throw in another few cents later

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

i wasn't a member early enuf on the old boards to see the full effect of DBC but i do remember a thread surfaced about me saying that i owed someone money etc,

and people straight away said DBC is bk etc and took very lil from the thread, i read up on a few links of previous threads and was shocked, and am suprised the lad hasn't got a good hiding cos if i found out for example that was him spreading absolute tripe about me i wouldn't take the issue to lightly

Good Riddance imo
                                                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

The fact that he owes someone from boards is irrelevant. Thats his own personal shit. It's fine to out him as a welching knacker who doesn't pay back his debts and to let the community know that he's unreliable and untrustworthy when it comes to borrowing money (if that is the case).

However, while he was obviously the definition of the words sad bastard on boards for his incessant child like behaviour, he's made an effort here and has changed his ways. because of his old rep, people have given him extra stick here and tbh he hasn't dealt with it in the best possible way. Still, i think he deserves a chance.
                                                      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                                        The fact that he owes someone from boards is irrelevant. Thats his own personal shit. It's fine to out him as a welching knacker who doesn't pay back his debts and to let the community know that he's unreliable and untrustworthy when it comes to borrowing money (if that is the case).

However, while he was obviously the definition of the words sad bastard on boards for his incessant child like behaviour, he's made an effort here and has changed his ways. because of his old rep, people have given him extra stick here and tbh he hasn't dealt with it in the best possible way. Still, i think he deserves a chance.
                                                        have to agree,give him a chance

Comment

+1 on giving him another chance especially if Howard Finkel isn't getting punished.

Comment

I think the whole "he owes money elsewhere" is irrelevant. If that upsets you,don't lend the guy money and escrow any wagers made, its simple.

As for the ban I think its harsh. Whatever happened on boards, posters like Howard Finkel and Eagle eye have been more disruptive than Eddie over here. If they just ignored him I doubt there would be a need for any of this.

I think he should be given another chance. It has to be a proper chance though and any baiting should be punished. I am certain the mods will come to sensible decision, as usual.
                                                            pandapower99.blogspot.com

Comment

I got a PM as well, just for disclosure.

I would hate to quibble with mod decisions, as they have always run both here and boards to the highest and most fair standards, but I'm afraid I just don't agree with this decision, unless there was some stuff that I somehow missed.

As annoying as Chris was on Boards, he has made a pretty big effort to contribute here. The only times he has been out of line are when he has been goaded, and in fairness there was a pretty big witch(werewolf?)-hunt out for him from the moment he was outed. I think the attitudes by a few posters towards him were inevitably going to cause this reaction, and again it wasnt overly serious. There was very little to none of the serious trouble making that he caused on boards, and any trouble was in fairness no instigated by him.

As an example of that, the responses of both Ryanzo and Esprit to hounding of the same nature has been remarkably similar. If this is how people react to this sort of pressure, then banning him for a natural reaction is a little unfair. I would understand temp bans for some of the smaller issues, in conjuction with those who had provoked him, but I don't think that was the case.

I do know that ye had repeatedly warned him of his behaviour though, so I guess I understand from that point of view.

When he was unknown to most posters, he caused no trouble and imo contributed positively. When he was outed, shit was stirred. It seems to me that some peoples attitudes towards him were more of the problem here than himself (not saying that he is blameless obv, cos everyone is liable for their own actions be they provoked or not imo.)

I guess I'm saying that I understand your decision, but I think its unfair on Chris.

EDIT: Money owed elsewhere is obv irrelevant. Everything he's done on here has been promptly paid AFAIK.
                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Don't see what he could add here. I actually can't believe a load of people want him to keep posting. People say he made an effort but he was still really annoying. I think lets move on and hope he never posts here again.

Comment

This is nothing to do with money owed, so it is irrelevant, utterly and totally.

Comment

Didnt agree with trying to hide who he was, especially when people directly asked him.
                                                                    Once the first person asked he or the mods should have owned up straight away.

with regards to his posting i would liken it to static on a tv.. only bareable with low volume.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                      Ridiculous decision imo.

This what seen as a fresh start from everything that happened on Boards, and if the community as a whole was making a fresh start then it's only fair that everyone is afforded the same chance.

I have nothing but respect for the mods but feel it is inappropriate and unfair to ban him for his actions on this site. Yes, he's annoying sometimes but if we banned people for making useless and annoying posts we would have very few members remaining.

To stand by this decision, for which you say is being made for the best of the site, then I feel at least one other member should be banned for his part in the debacle in which he was much more disruptive than DBC was.

As I said it was a fresh start here, and it's pretty ridiculous of us to apply that fresh start just to the people we feel deserve to be allowed one.
                                                                      Pretty much this.

And I might add that I find it pretty amazing that of everything that has been posted, it's Chris that's banned! I was fully expecting others to be given a break ...
                                                                      Last edited by AdMMM; 16-03-10, 12:46.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        That an excellent point. I had written a post earlier saying that I disagreed with the ban, but I didn't pull the trigger because I actually think the site would be better without him.

I don't think he should have been brought on board secretly and then banned like this, it feels slightly like messing the guy around. I wouldn't lose sleep over it due to it being the person he is, but it doesn't sit right with me.

[/b]

Quite literally my thoughts on the subject. He certainly did nothing(as far as Im aware) to warrant being perma banned from THIS site although his actions on the otherplace were basically done to this community.

I dont like the idea of exclsuion in general tbh no matter how annoying someone may be. I met Chris(seemed decentish normal fellow fwiw) at a few events and let him use my laptop-asked him two things no kiddy porn and dont troll boards from it. I came back and he was trolling boards OBV. Not malicious or a major FU thats just how he rolls. Each to their own etc.

I think this probably would have played out with Chris becoming a normal contributor to the forum FWIW after a period of being close to unbareable.
                                                                        Last edited by Closed_Account; 16-03-10, 15:58.

Comment

Also I hope were not going to be banning those who owe the loots. Give me a shout so I can jump before Im pushed if thats the case. Lolski.

Comment

Well done Chris. You got exactly what you wanted. Everyone is 100% focused on talking about you and you are the absolute centre of attention.

I've had him on ignore for ages but this thread is the ultimate in face palm frankly. There are really only 2 scenarios so far as I can see:

1. He is a pain in the ass troll, and we are therefore giving him exactly what he wants.

Or...

2. He has tried to change his ways and still has some bullshit opinions (who doesn't) but due to his history and some other posters being total pricks to him he has appeared to be making more trouble than he actually has, thus resulting in a harsh ban.

I'm pretty on the fence with this one but, to be fair, I'd never have let him on the site. However, seeing as you did let him in I think you have to live with that decision in its entirety and give him a clean slate to work off insofar as that is possible.
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                              Well done Chris. You got exactly what you wanted. Everyone is 100% focused on talking about you and you are the absolute centre of attention.

I've had him on ignore for ages but this thread is the ultimate in face palm frankly. There are really only 2 scenarios so far as I can see:

1. He is a pain in the ass troll, and we are therefore giving him exactly what he wants.

Or...

2. He has tried to change his ways and still has some bullshit opinions (who doesn't) but due to his history and some other posters being total pricks to him he has appeared to be making more trouble than he actually has, thus resulting in a harsh ban.

I'm pretty on the fence with this one but, to be fair, I'd never have let him on the site. However, seeing as you did let him in I think you have to live with that decision in its entirety and give him a clean slate to work off insofar as that is possible.
                                                                              Yep, and it makes me a sad panda.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Ban seems a little harsh imo.

I say go to the polls...

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Hello all,

We've been discussing this whole situation on and off for a number of weeks now (in fact it's probably been discussed on and off since we moved over here), so trust us, this was never a knee-jerk decision by any stretch of the imagination. Rightly or wrongly we made the initial decision to allow DBC to post on IPB for a number of reasons, one of which was that he went about things the right way. He approached us prior to setting up an account and asked for our permission to post. We discussed it at length, weighed up the options and in the end (for multiple reasons) we decided to give him a chance on a probationary basis. We (admins and mods) have known from the day we opened our doors here who DBC was. Discussing the merits of that decision is basically pointless at this stage.

Prior to the posting of our decision to perma ban Chris in this thread, we have had almost universally negative feedback regarding Chris's posting here. Whether it was relating to the decision to allow him to post at all or over his influence on the site and the community thereafter. After we went public with our decision and confirmed that the Eddie Durkin account was infact DBC, we took slack (very possibly correctly) from alot of quarters for it. However, regardless of whether we let him back with our blessing or not, the suspicions of new accounts, etc. would always have continued on the site. This way we knew who he was and we could keep an eye on him, place him on a very tight leash and see how and if he could fit in.

Along with the negative feedback we received, another inevitable product of allowing him to post here, was that the community would need to rightly give DBC an earful for all the hassle and upset he caused to alot of people in the past. We fully expected this and told DBC he would have to expect it too. We made the conscious decision (perhaps wrongly) that we'd have to be lenient towards people who were hassling him, as alot of people had some serious issues and gripes they might want to confront him with. We told DBC that he'd have to expect this; would have to grow a thick skin and take it in good grace, if he wanted to be accepted by the community. We expected the abuse to naturally die out on its own accord in time. However, either through DBC's reactions; the unwillingness of some members to forgive and forget; or a combination of the two, this showed no sign of abating and caused the site to be quite unpleasant for a time. In addition to this, the accusations against new accounts showed no sign of ending either even though DBC was "officially" here.

Clearly this situation could not be allowed to continue. We had given DBC a chance in private, problems remained, he had been outed, problems remained, we then gave him a time out to see if things would calm down, and by and large they did. So the logical decision was; remove DBC, remove the problems.

This thread however has changed the situation slightly, as we say above, prior to this thread, we hadn't heard any word from the members and community that they were willing to forgive and forget DBC, now it appears that perhaps the community is in fact willing to give DBC another chance. We made a decision based on what we saw and what feedback we've been getting from the community. We do listen to what you guys say and so following the feedback in this thread we are happy that a majority of the community is willing to give DBC another chance and therefore so are we (albeit on a probationary basis to begin with). Decision: We have decided to allow Eddie Durkin resume posting for a probationary period of one month. However, we are going to ask him to self-exclude himself from the BBV for this time. After this period is over we will re-evaluate the situation and decide whether or not to allow him full access to the site.

For this to work, we will be outlining in detail to Chris what he needs to do and what we expect from him. Similarly we will have to end the DBC bashing, and warn and ban those that continue with it. For the purposes of modding here, he will be viewed as any other member of the community, so the rules of personal abuse and "Don't be a dick" apply to him as much as anyone else on the site. Hopefully another positive by-product of this thread is that it may have highlighted the problems caused with all the constant in-fighting, DBC bashing and accusations against new people. Personalities will always clash, so if people would rather not read posts by someone, please just place them on ignore and report any posts that trouble you. You don't have to talk to everyone in your local pub, the same applies here, just ignore people you don't like. So just repeat again and hopefully hammer the point home, could everyone please report any problematic posts they see. There's only so much we can read and take in, if someone sees something that troubles them, let us know, through a PM or a reported post, they are all discussed, even if it may appear otherwise.

IPB Admins
                                                                                  Last edited by Ste05; 18-03-10, 12:56.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    tldr
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Cat doesnt have as many lives as that chap ..

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Ste05 View Post

This thread however has changed the situation slightly

IPB Admins
                                                                                        Have to commend this decision. 1st real issue here has been resolved correctly imo. Dont think outcome would have been the same in the old place.

Now onto the bigger issue of CHD

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                          Have to commend this decision. 1st real issue here has been resolved correctly imo. Dont think outcome would have been the same in the old place.

Now onto the bigger issue of CHD
                                                                                          You have the most accurate Name on here. WP.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Fair play lads. Good job as always.
                                                                                            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I think he deserves the chance. He was a prick before, and I honestly think he tried to make an effort here. Some posters didn't make it easy for him.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Thanks to the mods for giving me another chance and the various posters who wanted to give me a chance also. At the start i was baffled as to why i was banned but in the end i seen it was because i reacted to the taunts and the mods had told me lots of times not to.

@kayroo. I can't understand why you think im loving this thread for attention. As i have said many times i just want to be a normal poster and have no interest in the crap that used to happen. I didn't ask for this thread to turn into what it did.

@flushdraw. Tony your post probably annoyed me the most. You said instead of banning just let me keep posting so i don't create a load of new accounts and wreck everyones head. I really think it's about time you got over that part of it. I mean seriously when was the last time i trolled boards. Im sure the mods could awnser but id guess at about a year ago. I DONT DO THAT ANYMORE!! Having met you and got on with you at the time and i thought you were a very decent guy so its annoying that you seem to have a problem with me.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  only unbanned a few mins and your already getting involved with posters seriously

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    eddie ur just back in the game and u come in all "givin it loads"

can u not see there point from the old boards that you have a bit of ground to make up.
                                                                                                    ffs man listen to what people had to say, a majority were in favour of a sceond chance. if u keep up this BS i dont think it will stay that way.

time will tell i suppose
                                                                                                    http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                      @kayroo. I can't understand why you think im loving this thread for attention. As i have said many times i just want to be a normal poster and have no interest in the crap that used to happen. I didn't ask for this thread to turn into what it did.

@flushdraw. Tony your post probably annoyed me the most. You said instead of banning just let me keep posting so i don't create a load of new accounts and wreck everyones head. I really think it's about time you got over that part of it. I mean seriously when was the last time i trolled boards. Im sure the mods could awnser but id guess at about a year ago. I DONT DO THAT ANYMORE!! Having met you and got on with you at the time and i thought you were a very decent guy so its annoying that you seem to have a problem with me.

Sweet Jesus. Sigh on such a monumental scale. Foaming at the mouth tilted tbh.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        lol i wasent arguing with them. Just making the point that they seem to forgotten its been a long time since i done the whole multiple account thing.

Maybe be better if the mods just locked this thread i guess.

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Jesus eddie, grow up!

I didn't say anything one way or the other about the banning (not my place)

but yer just back in and the place already stinks

every-time you get 3-4 posts in a row that are not annoying you fcuk it up

Seriously, grow up!
                                                                                                          and dont pop everything that comes into your head up, buy a diary or talk to the mirror like any normal nut job,

OOH and can I ask the rest of the lads/lasses , if ye posts anything you find annoying, do not quote it if you feel the need to reply, thanks!

im off to have a chat with a bit of reflective glass!

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            lol i wasent arguing with them. Just making the point that they seem to forgotten its been a long time since i done the whole multiple account thing.

If you can grow up a lot and find just a little bit of humility you'll do fine.

Everytime someone says something you don't like it is not a reason to go to war with all guns blazing. Sometimes people might be right, sometimes they are wrong and sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Good luck with your nth life
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Jesus Chris.

Is that what you got from my post in this thread?

I pointed out the issues that boards had with you. I was a recurring issue where youd get banned and then re-reg. There's actually no evidence to suggest this won't happen again. I was actually picking up for you, as i've done all along and suggested a happy medium of leaving you post and just let people ignore you if they want.

You say that you haven't trolled boards in over a year. I'm sure you've seen the abuse that BrianByrne and RyanHatfield got, as they were both accused of being you. That will always be the case. New accounts that don't seem to offer a lot of substance to other parts of the forum will always be accused of being DBC while you are banned. Whether you troll or not, it's always going to be a problem on here for new posters.

I dont have a problem with you and i'm sure 90% of the posters on here wont have a problem with you in real life. It's your online personna that can be a retard. You've to try harder than anyone to rid yourself of DBC and try to get people to accept you as Eddie Durkin
                                                                                                              Last edited by KevIRL; 22-01-13, 21:40.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Thanks to the mods for giving me another chance and the various posters who wanted to give me a chance also. At the start i was baffled as to why i was banned but in the end i seen it was because i reacted to the taunts and the mods had told me lots of times not to.

there seriously isnt enough facepalm pics on the internet.
                                                                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

#57

Firstly, as we've told you loads of times, the past will never be forgotten, and the thing people remember is not the past few months when you weren't actively trolling our community, they will however have much more vivid recollections of the years of trolling and abuse you brought to the forum and to us all.

Don't mistake people being willing to give you another chance as your past being forgotten, we (admins/mods) certainly haven't forgotten it and any transgressions you do on the site will be weighed up against your past actions. Just because you think it might be a long time since you trolled/multi'd is irrelevant, we had to put up with your shite for years... that's not going to be forgotten after a few weeks posting here... please re-read our post above where we gave our decision to allow you to post again, it's a final probationary period and is only based on the fact that we think the majority of users are happy to give you another chance, if either of those criteria change, you're gone again and since this is you final chance that will be that. This is certainly just about the worst possible start you could ever have made, in fact I thought something like this was impossible.

Finally quit with the back seat modding, if and when this thread is to be locked, that decision will be made by us and us alone, report posts or PM one of us if you think something should be modded.

Ste05

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    It'll be Goodbye Eddie Durkin, the mods are sick and tired of wurkin. Yer giving us shitstirrers a bad name laddie.

Chris, listen to the oldest and wisest (although a very bad villager) Tony Stewelpeter. Read his post, read it again.
                                                                                                                    Now internalise it. Good advice.

An seriously barking off at Tony Flushdraw will always get you on the bad side of the lord, especially when he is trying to help. He is our boards pet also so lay off.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Lock it up.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        I'm so fcuking tilted by this thread.

How are people so willing to let this moron be part of our community?

Remember, he not only annoyed the fuck out of us @ boards, he's wrecked heads all over the world!

Countless moronic profiles on 2+2, countless more on pocketfives, hendon mob, blonde etc.. Universally hated.

Before we knew for sure who he was on here, he had half the BBV foaming at the mouth. He fell out with Kayroo, Bubbleking, me and some others I can't recall right now. This was BEFORE we knew who he was!

The BBV was harmonious until he arrived, he was responsible for the very first bit of negativity and he's been responsible for 95% of it since (forum wide).

We don't need him, end of. His ban is lifted one minute and straight away with the negativity.

Mods, I really do admire your whole approach to this thing, and it's refreshing as a member of your community to see how fair you guys are, however I feel it's the wrong decision to allow him to be part of it.

He offers nothing other than tilt.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X