Card Suits for Blogging and Hand History's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Card Suits for Blogging and Hand History's

Sup lads would there be any chance of getting some kind of graphic for the suits of cards? I generally like the look of them as I think it makes the reading of a hand more easy, meant to ask this awhile back but forgot

An image something like they use on PokerNews or something like [c][d][h][s] and maybe something like [x] for an unknown suit?

Any feedback on this be appreciated.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

like.

Comment

Subscribes

Comment

I think this came up on the old site too. cant rem what came of it thou.
        but yes be far more easy to read hands.
        http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
          The old site was different tho. Poker was only a small part of it that they couldn't give a shit about. We just need Dom to work his magic on this one

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
            I thought they were brought in over there but can't remember how to work them if they are still in operation.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            The old site was different tho. Poker was only a small part of it that they couldn't give a shit about. We just need Dom to work his magic on this one
            Fingers crossed he can sort something out be pretty cool.

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

steal the images from pokernews and add them the same way you added the el tren smiley so :as: brings up the Ace of Spades.

Granted it's 52 new smilies but shouldn't take too long to add (or varying values of too long based on teh estimation of someone who won't be doing it).
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

The easiest way I can think of accomplishing this would be to add 4 new smilies that can either be chosen using the Smiley selector or chosen by entering, say
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I briefly toyed with a PHP HH convertor using something like {Hand} tags
                    but that was just too much like actual work
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                      steal the images from pokernews and add them the same way you added the el tren smiley so :as: brings up the Ace of Spades.

Granted it's 52 new smilies but shouldn't take too long to add (or varying values of too long based on teh estimation of someone who won't be doing it).
                      I have been thinking about this and would be easier if we just had the 4 suits and then and X for an unknown suit.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      The easiest way I can think of accomplishing this would be to add 4 new smilies that can either be chosen using the Smiley selector or chosen by entering, say
                      Yeah defo think this is the way to go but would like to see it if possible just using A[s] quick and easy.

Comment

I'm in Belfast for a couple of days so intermittent access only, but will look at this properly on Thursday hopefully.

Comment

if you get the images you can FTP them directly into the smiley folder and they will be avaliable from the smiley panel, but I'm not sure about how to :tag: them from there for general use.

edited to add:

I have a full set of .gif images, all about 1k in size, named 2c 2d etc. if you want me to mail it across to anyone.
                          Last edited by Zod; 23-08-11, 11:28.

Comment

Any chance of getting this done before the UKIPT Dublin next week?

Comment

TK

Too big?

Comment

Yeah Dom, maybe 1/3 the size?

Comment

Way too big something like this be perfect these are from a site that done EMOP updates, if you could find something similar?

Comment

That better above now?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      That better above now?
                                      Spot on IMO. wp

Comment

Is it just me or is the corner of the heart cut out a bit? Something small like that I would hate to look at all the time other than that perfect.

Comment

No, here is the image it is scaled down from

I can use your ones above if you want though.

Comment

Here is a few I made in Photoshop what you think? If you like them I can forward them over.

Attached Files

Comment

Forward them, pffft. Changed now.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                Forward them, pffft. Changed now.
                                                Yeah was just thinking that I think they look better with a transparent background.

Oops forgot to make one for when the suit is unknown.

Cheers Dom super stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                  Yeah was just thinking that I think they look better with a transparent background.

Oops forgot to make one for when the suit is unknown.

Cheers Dom super stuff.
                                                  Yay or nay? Little smaller little bigger?

How do we feel about this? A 10 8 2 they look a bit better when they are in bold A 10 8 2

Should they be a tad bit smaller? Will have a look tomorrow and mess around with the dimensions from maybe 8 up to 15 as head is minced at the moment. Too many edits on this.

There is the X for an unknown suit.

Attached Files
                                                  Last edited by tylerdurden94; 31-08-11, 23:54.

Comment

There is the X for an unknown suit.

Whats wronf with the letter x?

Comment

I think the smaller 1 is more pro liken. Bigger 1 to in ur face.

just to see
                                                      http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Opinions please folks on what you's think looks the better size for the suits? I'm liking the 12 as I think the 15 shouldn't really be much bigger than the letters/numbers.

A K

A K

A K
                                                        Attached Files
                                                        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 01-09-11, 19:07.

Comment

Personal gripe, but always prefer T for ten instead of the number 10.
                                                          It just looks off to me otherwise as it is the only card that gets two characters.

I had

QT - Win

I had Q10 - Lose.

Worse yet, 610
                                                          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 01-09-11, 18:26.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

I prefer size 10 tbh

The suits are nicely centred and not below the line. If there's 8-10 per post, the smaller the better.

10>>>>>12>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>15

Comment

I prefer 10 too, the suit is secondary to the card value.

But, the spade looks a bit smaller than the heart, obviously they are the same height, but the heart shape has greater coverage.
                                                                If the original heart image could be made a pixel smaller we'd have a winner, even keep the image size the same and use a blank row at the bottom

Last edited by Mellor; 01-09-11, 23:58.

Comment

There appears to be too much white space around the suit images. If you could trim a little off each side they would look better when sat beside the rank.

Comment

Prefer 12 or 15 over 10 fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                      With all due respect, you're opinion doesn't matter as only people who play poker are going to need the images.

Obviously, you'll get some use out of , but that's about it
                                                                      Like;
                                                                      Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude
                                                                      I Trolling the lotto droolers on boards
                                                                      Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude
                                                                      I Mellor

Comment

Both those statements are inaccurate in their own ways. Pull the other one

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          I prefer 10 too, the suit is secondary to the card value.

But, the spade looks a bit smaller than the heart, obviously they are the same height, but the heart shape has greater coverage.
                                                                          If the original heart image could be made a pixel smaller we'd have a winner, even keep the image size the same and use a blank row at the bottom

Blank row at the bottom?

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                          There appears to be too much white space around the suit images. If you could trim a little off each side they would look better when sat beside the rank.
                                                                          What white they are transparent backgrounds?

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                          Bout time.

Comment

What white they are transparent backgrounds?
                                                                            I know what I mean, I just can't express myself.

Kerning is the word.

See the example at the top right of this Wiki page using the word "vast".

The poker symbols when put beside the rank look like this
                                                                            v a s t
                                                                            when they would look better like this
                                                                            vast

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                              I know what I mean, I just can't express myself.

Kerning is the word.

See the example at the top right of this Wiki page using the word "vast".

The poker symbols when put beside the rank look like this
                                                                              v a s t
                                                                              when they would look better like this
                                                                              vast
                                                                              Wow thinking way too much about this Sean.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Blank row at the bottom?
                                                                                If the image file is 12x12 pixels, scale the image size down to 11x11 but keep the canvas size at 12x12, the last row of pixels being blank. That way the heart will look more in proportional.

but its not a huge problem at all

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Ok think I have this sorted am pretty happy with these one's now, opinions?

10x12

A

A

A

A
                                                                                  Attached Files
                                                                                  Last edited by tylerdurden94; 07-09-11, 10:04.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Too big. I'd have them a little smaller

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Too big. I'd have them a little smaller
                                                                                      Here they are in 8x10

A

A

A

A
                                                                                      Attached Files
                                                                                      Last edited by tylerdurden94; 07-09-11, 10:23.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        And 10x10

A

A

A

A
                                                                                        Attached Files
                                                                                        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 07-09-11, 10:24.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          am I the only one not seeing any icons?

Comment

#46
                                                                                            No I'm not either.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I can only see the 10x12 and it seems a bit too big.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                I can only see the 10x12 and it seems a bit too big.
                                                                                                +1
                                                                                                48

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Apologies should be done now.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    10x10 imo

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Fwiw im looking from iphone and 8x10 is impossible to tell the difference between clubs & spades, the 10x10 is managible but still kind of hard without bringing phone closer, obv this is both without zooming in which would be a pain for every post. If making the clubs PaleGreen is an option it would make following the threads while your at the tournaments alot easier.
                                                                                                      Edit, also diamonds DeepSkyBlue so you scan over a post alot easier.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Laois Hammer; 07-09-11, 10:57.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                        am I the only one not seeing any icons?
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        No I'm not either.
                                                                                                        should have gone to spec savers imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          if you put the cards in a row instead of column it would be easier to judge which size is best
                                                                                                          48

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            10x10 is perfect imo. 4 colour option could be used but that's a personal preference. I like the size tho

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                              if you put the cards in a row instead of column it would be easier to judge which size is best
                                                                                                              10x12

A A A A

8x10

A A A A

10x10

A A A A

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                10x10 and please god don't use 4 colour

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                                  10x10 and please god don't use 4 colour
                                                                                                                  This +100.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Any chance you could alias :diamond: as well as : d : etc? Some of the HH converters use that format and this would make it more useful.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 07-09-11, 13:37.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      I do like the 10x10 myself and would never think about using a 4 colour deck, browsing on my phone and they were grand for viewing.

Seems like its gonna be the 10x10 so will get Dom to change them once more, sorry for all the hassle man.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        OK, done Danny.

Andy - without adding a new smilie that is the exact same, but with :club: or whatever, I can't see a way to have it be allowed for both, and I don't want 2 smilies for each suit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X