HectorJelly Blog Updates: Mr. Boring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HectorJelly Blog Updates: Mr. Boring

Apologies, this blog is going to get pretty boring for the next month. I've been playing much better, and running ok since I made the last post, but I've gotten out of the habit of playing much. (I've been absolutely destroying COD online though!). I've actually gotten really unprofessional, so in an attempt to combat that, I'm going to post up the volume and length of my sessions each day, as well as how well I'm playing and various other bits and bobs.

I made a promise on Boards that if I didn't play 60k hands this month I'd donate €50 to charity. Given the recent footballing events I'll give it to Aware.

So day 1: Thursday 1st December

Had a good sleep, played 2108 hands over 3.7 hours. Not a huge amount, but I had football as well. I'll need to vastly increase this rate if I'm to make my target, considering there are so many holidays/parties coming up. Played well and ran well; spent at least half the time chatting as well which isn't so good.

Edit: Oh, I should mention that myself and Michelles (Satnav) journey as come to an end. She decided that she didn't enjoy playing online cash games, and wants to explore tournaments instead. I'm a little annoyed at this turn of events, although some of the blame lies with me as well. In my initial post I thought I had made it quite clear what would be expected, to be honest it didn't even cross my mind that someone would apply without having the desire and application to see it through. This was a mistake on my part; it's often easy to think that everyone is the same as you and your peers, but for most people spending several hours a day playing the same game is pretty boring.

The thread itself exploded, with people taking staunch pro or anti Michelle stances; I think both are wrong really. I mean, it was clearly a mistake, but that's what life is about, learning from your mistakes. I'm as much to blame as Michelle is. You can read the bickering here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...t=10734&page=2

For what its worth I think that we had made some good progress, she had definitely picked up on some important concepts she wasn't aware of before. I'd like to do something similar again, but I have other priorities at the moment.

More...
Working...
X