Shark Cage - Irish Contestant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shark Cage - Irish Contestant

Season 2 of PokerStars Shark Cage has been airing recently and this coming week Wednesday 14th - Wednesday 21st an Irish player will be taking to the felt to compete, Conor Callaghan played his heat at the PCA back in January and with the upcoming show thought it would be an idea to get a thread up about it & a little Q&A along the way from Conor who'll be posting as "zwemnaar" about his time on the show. Can he make his way to a $1,000,000 payday...

Name: Conor Callaghan

Where you from: Ardee, Co. Louth

Poker Background: Started playing in college. DCU poker society. Play at the lowest stakes and do so for fun. Have never really played live...until the Bahamas!

How you qualified: There was a week of sharkcage freerolls on Pokerstars. Deposit something like $20/$50 and get the week full of tickets. Top 20 in each freeroll got to send in an audition tape. I beat out around 2,000/3,000 people the night I played. Friend who works in media production helped me make the video. Got through to second round phone interviews and impressed the socks off the producers!

Important note no spoilers!
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Sup all,

Any questions fire away.

In the meantime, you can find the audition video I sent in at the following link (it's a bit cringy looking back!)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by tylerdurden94; 12-10-15, 17:14. Reason: removed the "s" in https to embed link

Comment

Quick heads up folks Conor's episode is airing tonight at 12:15 on Channel 4 make sure to tune in.

Comment

Ronaldo on it too, great start.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
          Yeah didn't want to say anything about the lineup as it was pretty good.

Last edited by tylerdurden94; 13-10-15, 23:23.

Comment

I'd second the comment on the Irishman in Bahamian weather, hot as balls!

Comment

I'm sure if you can tell us Conor if Tito got you more than once but I did manage to get a shot of him flashing the value/bluff cards.

Comment

First bit of televised poker I've watched in a long time, bit of craic.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  I'm sure if you can tell us Conor if Tito got you more than once but I did manage to get a shot of him flashing the value/bluff cards.

I haven't got around to watching it yet! I'm guessing this is the A 10 hand I think? Two pair. That was the only hand I got owned.....by Tito!

He's an intimidating guy. Wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley at night! I obviously just misread him as being a bully on the poker table as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                    Yeah, I think playing with him was a highlight. Some of the previous shows have had Olympic hockey players and ice hockey players...I wouldn't have had a clue who they were!

He doesn't speak the best english though!

Comment

Anywhere I can watch this, doesn't seem to be up on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                        Anywhere I can watch this, doesn't seem to be up on youtube.

Comment

Conor's second episode will be kicking off in 5 minutes on Channel 4 don't forget to tune in, I'll have to check it out on 4od as I'm currently out of the country.

Comment

WP Conor in last weeks show. Fun hand against the Squid ...

Comment

nothing better than going out on a stone cold bluff. ul

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                nothing better than going out on a stone cold bluff. ul
                                Yeah, poor Ronaldo

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                                  WP Conor in last weeks show. Fun hand against the Squid ...
                                  Thanks, I obviously could have played some other hands better! It is interesting how they edit the show though. Just after the hand I got crippled in, the little table comes up showing that I am back up at average stack! I feel like Tito and Ronaldo are bigger names on tv at the moment then me....

Comment

I'm playing the IPO tomorrow, so I might see some of you around! If so, say hi!

Comment

Just watched it there. Must have been fun.

How was Grafton to play with - wreck the head or a bit of craic?

Also hopefully Finkel doesn't see your chipstacking skills, you will have made a powerful enemy.

Comment

[QUOTE=zwemnaar;931440]I might see some of you around! hi![/
                                        QUOTE]

See you round? A lot of pretentious celeb speak in this thread. This might be ok for the TV, Bobbys's Room, or some bracelet Final Table, but it won't wash it in the Regency...

Comment

[QUOTE=colm_leche;931502]
                                          Originally posted by zwemnaar View Post
                                          I might see some of you around! hi![/
                                          QUOTE]

See you round? A lot of pretentious celeb speak in this thread. This might be ok for the TV, Bobbys's Room, or some bracelet Final Table, but it won't wash it in the Regency...
                                          Ye, I asked the regency if I could be brought in on a litter ala Phil Hellmuth, but they were having none of it. I'm just not getting the respect I deserve....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            Just watched it there. Must have been fun.

How was Grafton to play with - wreck the head or a bit of craic?

Also hopefully Finkel doesn't see your chipstacking skills, you will have made a powerful enemy.
                                            Sam was good craic, without him there would have been no one driving the conversation at the table. There is a reason why he is the only player (a part from the "redemption" episode) to be asked back after featuring on season 1.

He also met up with my mate and I after for drinks, so ye I thought he was down to earth!

Comment

sharkcage is a heap of shite. really bad concept of a tv show. fails on both elements of a fun game/show and some actual poker hands. basically pokerrstars buying airtime for an advert.

Comment

Working...
                                              X