Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has ran over 2m4f and hes won over 2m1.5f so stamina wasnt an issue imo. If he had jumped round i think he would have gone close after seeing the result.
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
      He has ran over 2m4f and hes won over 2m1.5f so stamina wasnt an issue imo. If he had jumped round i think he would have gone close after seeing the result.
      Wouldn't agree, Ascot takes a lot of getting and he was running over half a mile further than his previous furthest winning distance.
      Anyway doesn't really matter now tho.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
        He's as bent as they come.

"I just made it back in time. He's a big old fashioned horse who has had a lot of problems," said Elliott.

"We train him out of a field now and it seems to work for him. He just came alive over the last couple of weeks. We might go to Fairyhouse next Tuesday with him."

LOL.
        Not sure if anyone said this but Johnny Ward made a very interesting point in Sunday Indo yesterday about Elliotts gamble last week. It was 91 days since the horse had last run. Can't be brought before stewards to explain sudden improvement if horse hasn't run in last 90 days

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
          Really impressed by him today i was on Herecome..... Planet of Sound was the big lay never been around that distance afaik with questionable stamina.
          Thought herecomesthetruth was way too short, and ruby/nicholls already having a double with favourites didn't help the price.

But definitely impressed with Monets garden. Very good jumping display and just ran them into the ground. Wouldn't get overly carried away with his prospects though, imo he performed to his rating. Its more of a reflection on second season novices imo. I don't rate them this year.
          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

An each way suggestion for the first at Wolverhampton today. Solo Choice, on his lowest official rating ever and I think it has reached its low point. Amateur riders race and he has Dobson riding it with no claim, ran ok in a 0-55 last time, this is a 0-52. Currently 16/1.
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              My Tesco Value Pack special - Midshipman runs in Meydaan tomorrow. Dropping down in trip, dropping down in class, with a run under his belt and with a better draw he is a mortal lock. Looks like being a 5/4 or 11/8 shot in the morning - not for long I say

One of my other recent pointers, Chile Rose, also runs tomorrow. She is stepping up in trip which will suit but its a tougher race. I might wait to play IR on this one - if they go a decent gallop i figure she wins but Id want a price before id take her onside - i wouldnt be getting involved at 6/4.
              I'll meet you in Abracababra next Friday and we can start with a medallion of 'with regard to John' then a strip lion of midshipman, or if you just want a kebab it's ok by me.

see what I'm getting at, do you hmmm do you see hmmm?

Comment

Muktasb is going tonight in Kemp 7.10. I've been following him for a bit now and I think he has a great chance tonight. He ran on Tuesday and was totally boxed in on the rails for the entire last 2 furlongs. You might laugh but, although he finished 7th, I'm convinced he would have won with a clear passage. He was still hard on the bridle when they went past the post, albeit with nowhere to go. Have a look at the race on ATR and judge for yourself.

Claimer on tonight and although I don't know much about him, he has ridden this horse a few times and should know him well enough to produce him late. Also, he negates the extra weight. His trainer is in good enough form and as I type just had a winner at Southwell.

3/1 fav at the minute.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                  Muktasb is going tonight in Kemp 7.10. I've been following him for a bit now and I think he has a great chance tonight. He ran on Tuesday and was totally boxed in on the rails for the entire last 2 furlongs. You might laugh but, although he finished 7th, I'm convinced he would have won with a clear passage. He was still hard on the bridle when they went past the post, albeit with nowhere to go. Have a look at the race on ATR and judge for yourself.

Claimer on tonight and although I don't know much about him, he has ridden this horse a few times and should know him well enough to produce him late. Also, he negates the extra weight. His trainer is in good enough form and as I type just had a winner at Southwell.

3/1 fav at the minute.

Good luck.
                  I was actually on him earlier in the week, he was late out of the stalls to start with and as you say boxed in and never got a run.

Comment

Hmmm, I really like Boldinor in that race tonight, was looking at it earlier and marked him out as a good thing after a nice win last time out.

I'll nap Fulford in the 4.50 at Southwell. He was 5/2 the last time I checked.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Mugged on the line, thats why I love Betfair, I gave up 1/2 a point to lay him and make an even profit if he got mugged. Laid him at 1.16.

Comment

Gimmeabreak's nap is running in 3 minutes for those that are interested. I'm on.

Comment

Im on Lovelace, Good luck.

Comment

My Tesco Value Pack special - Midshipman runs in Meydaan tomorrow. Dropping down in trip, dropping down in class, with a run under his belt and with a better draw he is a mortal lock. Looks like being a 5/4 or 11/8 shot in the morning - not for long I say

One of my other recent pointers, Chile Rose, also runs tomorrow. She is stepping up in trip which will suit but its a tougher race. I might wait to play IR on this one - if they go a decent gallop i figure she wins but Id want a price before id take her onside - i wouldnt be getting involved at 6/4.
                            Cracking performance from Midshipman, so sweet.

Comment

My Tesco Value Pack special - Midshipman runs in Meydaan tomorrow.
                              won very nicely

Comment

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post
                                won very nicely
                                I thought he had lost his chance around the bend but he was just awesome, ran way further than most horses in that race and still won with any amount in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                  I thought he had lost his chance around the bend but he was just awesome, ran way further than most horses in that race and still won with any amount in hand.
                                  ye best horse in the race by a long way

Comment

ye best horse in the race by a long way probably a 1/3 shot in that company so 6/5 was a steal

Comment

Good call on Midshipman, I intended to back him but totally forgot today!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

3/1 fav at the minute.

Good luck.
                                        No excuses tonight, just not good enough. Sorry.

Comment

New leyf going again today guys. Looks a much tougher race but is 5/2 to do the biz.Sexy hayley riding it to
                                          "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

I was just coming on to post it. I didnt want to raise any flags too soon. This horse only got a 4lb hike for his last win so if my assertion that he has lots in hand is correct then he should be up to winning this. But its important to note that a) he is up in class b) Hayley is riding c) its wolverhampton.

There looks to be plenty of pace on which will be right up his street but wolverhampton has a much shorter straight than Kempton and thats a concern. As is Hayley, would much rather somebody else up top. From one angle the 11/4 is a great price but from another angle its only just fair.

IMO this chap is a 'put more on' job until he goes up at least another 10lb so on that basis I guess its a two footed tackle.
                                            Above the knee

Comment

seeing as I'm out of it for the month (and BCB can't possibly tip any more losers ), I'm going to lump on this noble beast - won easily last time despite not a great gallop and fighting for its head most of the way

Shanahans imo
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

There is possibly another gamble stirring similiar to the one seen a week ago, fcking hate waiting on the call whilst they are probably hammering the price out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                  There is possibly another gamble stirring similiar to the one seen a week ago, fcking hate waiting on the call whilst they are probably hammering the price out of it.
                                                  more details required obv. its easy to see if they are ahmmering it

aftertiming is never encouraged and shouldnt be tolerated
                                                  No its not getting hammered and by the looks of it its not the big gamble as seen last week on Elliots horse. However at such a big price in a shite race there is e/w value.

Holyrood - 20/1 (26/1 BF) 8.30 Dundalk

Comment

I've got a tip for Steepledowns today , Showusyergee is priced at 20 to 1 in the 4.17. The jockey Troy Arder knows the horse very well as they've been in many similar cartoon races in the past plus the extra weight he is carrying is just an illusion brought on by the poor quality screens in paddy power offices. Remember, Troy arder, Showudyergee. Tell everyone in your office about this as the price won't change.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                      I've got a tip for Steepledowns today , Showusyergee is priced at 20 to 1 in the 4.17. The jockey Troy Arder knows the horse very well as they've been in many similar cartoon races in the past plus the extra weight he is carrying is just an illusion brought on by the poor quality screens in paddy power offices. Remember, Troy arder, Showudyergee. Tell everyone in your office about this as the price won't change.
                                                      Looks a lock Willie put the whole roll on it

Comment

In this first race today at Southwell, its a match and there is nothing between the two horses but Doubnov is 1.39 on Betfair. I'm confident I can lay Resplendant Ace in running at the same price, just a suggestion for Betfair users.

I'm not calling the winner but I reckon it will be very tight and both horses will look like a winner close home.

Comment

Sorry about how late that was but ship it. Hope somebody else got on.

Comment

LOL virtual racing ftw!

I used to work in a bookies during my college days and one day the result of a virtual race poped up on our result screen ten minutes before the off. I legged it over to the dingiest bookies in Dublin (Ladbrooks in Walkinstown) and stuck a ton on him. He obv came in at 12/1 and I shipped the loot. Your one in ladbrooks was a bit on the slow side and didn't suspect anything but enjoyed the handsome tip she got.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

celtic bookies are going evens on MM for chelt - with money back if he doesnt run - get on
                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                celtic bookies are going evens on MM for chelt - with money back if he doesnt run - get on
                                                                I like it, Ivan Yeats must like throwing his money away.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Holyrood gone 2 eights with Boyle and now 10s with pp got on this morning at 20s e.w. Not the same source as elliots during the week.
                                                                  location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Ajloun 6.30 Dundalk

Comment

I want to watch the race again before i comment fully but I can definitely pull a couple of positives - the principal one being that we will get a price the next day (around Kempton hopefully), and hopefully a jockey wo wont start/stop 3 or 4 times in the race.
                                                                      Not hayleys finest hour imo....Will win more races though so all is not lost.May well go up in the handicap again for this run...Hopefully not

Comment

Howsmegee lost, sorry about that, must have been a glitch in the matrix.

Comment

Howsmegee lost, sorry about that, must have been a glitch in the matrix.
                                                                          Did he place i had him each way

Comment

I want to watch the race again before i comment fully but I can definitely pull a couple of positives - the principal one being that we will get a price the next day (around Kempton hopefully), and hopefully a jockey wo wont start/stop 3 or 4 times in the race.
                                                                            she did a very convincing impersonation of a sack of spuds there

I even overlooked my cardinal rule of never backing women jocks - serves me right imo

Comment

pretty fckin lame that was...soz

Comment

Couple of picks for tomorrow:

Pittoni 2.05 Navan currently evens on betfair. I don't think that price will last, been immaculate over hurdles, including coming from the clouds to win first time out.
                                                                                Pittoni was a very decent horse for John Oxx on the flat had 1 win and 2 seconds from 4 runs including second to Bull Hayes who ran in Irish Derby and Rockhampton who ran in both Guineas and Derby.

Ballymorn (ew) 2.25 Chepstow currently 9.2 on betfair. I saw this horse beat Burton Port in a p2p a couple of years ago on bad ground thought he looked very rangey.
                                                                                Excuses for the bad run last time out trip/ground/weight.
                                                                                Down 5lb from that run and back to the weight he won off on penultimate start.
                                                                                The form from that win has been pretty solid both second and fourth were runner up since in handicap chases.
                                                                                The ground was bottomless in Towcester when he won and I think it will be again tomorrow.

Probably both get beaten out of sight now but I enjoyed this ramble either way

Comment

Blue horseshoe loves Anacott steel! and he also loves Dalradian in the 5.25 at lingfield

Comment

Mighty Bob Navan next race. Get on, info received just received this minute.

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                      Blue horseshoe loves Anacott steel! and he also loves Dalradian in the 5.25 at lingfield
                                                                                      Gekko never lets me down! Had my biggest sporting bet in 2 years on him at 15/8

Comment

Jaffonein is sickly overpriced at 5/1 in the 6yo Maiden hurdle in Leopardstown today. Another EW bet to nothing imo.
                                                                                        When he won his bumper in leopardstown he looked very impressive.Hopefully today is his day as he was tanking along when he fell the last day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                          LOL virtual racing ftw!

I used to work in a bookies during my college days and one day the result of a virtual race poped up on our result screen ten minutes before the off. I legged it over to the dingiest bookies in Dublin (Ladbrooks in Walkinstown) and stuck a ton on him. He obv came in at 12/1 and I shipped the loot. Your one in ladbrooks was a bit on the slow side and didn't suspect anything but enjoyed the handsome tip she got.
                                                                                          Why didnt you do the tricast

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                                            Why didnt you do the tricast
                                                                                            They would have known something was up if I did some crazy tricast on a virtual race. She would have had to ring that over to security and they would have sussed it. I think a hundred single was even pushing it tbh! I wouldn't pay that out without getting it checked!
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Made in taipan ew today imo. Mightn't beat tranquil sea but has a chance and not much else in the race over this sort of trip. 9.6 on Betfair, 17/2 w Paddy power ew better

Comment

if the right honorable Mr Raoul Duke III esq is in the house I would like to point him in the direction of Kilflora in Leopardstowns 2.15 race.
                                                                                                just entered the building, I see he didn't make the frame

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                  They would have known something was up if I did some crazy tricast on a virtual race. She would have had to ring that over to security and they would have sussed it. I think a hundred single was even pushing it tbh! I wouldn't pay that out without getting it checked!
                                                                                                  Id have chanced it. tenner tricast mixed in with your bet wouldve made you up nicely
                                                                                                  Or else if you knew one of the local chinese crazeeesss(you know the ones that gamble on everything that moves, Every shop has one) an get him ta place the bet for you.

Comment

ran very well - would deffo keep onside in a quiter race or over 18-20f
                                                                                                    Was travelling very strongly turning for home.....Is one to watch

Comment

For those E/W thieves among you, Mr. Syntax in the second last in hereford is super value.

Also, am on fishoutofwater in the bumper there at 9/2. 5/2 now

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                        Also, am on fishoutofwater in the bumper there at 9/2. 5/2 now
                                                                                                        Bink

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                          Couple of picks for tomorrow:

Pittoni 2.05 Navan currently evens on betfair. I don't think that price will last, been immaculate over hurdles, including coming from the clouds to win first time out.
                                                                                                          Pittoni was a very decent horse for John Oxx on the flat had 1 win and 2 seconds from 4 runs including second to Bull Hayes who ran in Irish Derby and Rockhampton who ran in both Guineas and Derby.

Ballymorn (ew) 2.25 Chepstow currently 9.2 on betfair. I saw this horse beat Burton Port in a p2p a couple of years ago on bad ground thought he looked very rangey.
                                                                                                          Excuses for the bad run last time out trip/ground/weight.
                                                                                                          Down 5lb from that run and back to the weight he won off on penultimate start.
                                                                                                          The form from that win has been pretty solid both second and fourth were runner up since in handicap chases.
                                                                                                          The ground was bottomless in Towcester when he won and I think it will be again tomorrow.

Probably both get beaten out of sight now but I enjoyed this ramble either way

Ballymorn was withdrawn Saturday going later today at Folkesone in 3.10 @ 4.0

Comment

dan breen at 20/1 looks good value in a race which dunguib should hack up in. maybe 1 for forecasts?
                                                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

The Big Orse runs today, let me down badly the last time when something deffo looked amiss.

11/2 in a 9 runner race which is pretty average by normal standards so ive had to take a chance.
                                                                                                              meh, hard to put the loots down after the last performance tbh

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                                                                                                                dan breen at 20/1 looks good value in a race which dunguib should hack up in. maybe 1 for forecasts?

Ah yes Dan breen, I couldn't think of the horses name. When is this running. I'm not a horsey man at all but I watched his last race and I thought DEFFO betting on him for Cheltemham, he was very impressive. I've been wracking my brains ever since.

Cheers.

Comment

The Big Orse runs today, let me down badly the last time when something deffo looked amiss.

11/2 in a 9 runner race which is pretty average by normal standards so ive had to take a chance.
                                                                                                                  I went looking and the stable has had a rough spell by the looks of things but had a 100/1 winner the other day.

Went through all the horses in the field and the unknown Ballegan is the only horse you would be afraid of.

Watched the bumper of Geraghty's mount Chef Junior and he really was in trouble in his bumper but still could have been nicely placed here.

Henderson's other one doesn't look like much either.

And Moleskin is a very bad hurdler who was 3rd of a bunch of horses out on their feet in his last race.

Dingat was out on his feet after 2 mile last time out, you would have to question why he is running over further.

And Quizwork died a death in his last race.

As you said a very weak race, I think I'll play him in two forecasts with Ballegan and Chef Junior.

Comment

What a pig of a horse, you can't blame Bolger for that, he gave it everything. Unlucky there Gimmebreak.

Comment

sigh

Comment

Replay shows the whip was knocked out of his hand by the other jockey. There is a stewards enquiry, losing by a nose maybe it could change things although maybe the stewards isn't even about that.

Comment

Replay shows the whip was knocked out of his hand by the other jockey. There is a stewards enquiry, losing by a nose maybe it could change things although maybe the stewards isn't even about that.
                                                                                                                          false hope....my favourite kind of hope....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X