Premiership 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premiership 2011

Going to stick up predictions for Premiership 2011. We'l go top 3, relegation and Top Goalscorers so anyone can join in. Things will change over the next month but as i see it.

Think the bookies have it right with their outright betting going for Man U, Chelsea and Man City top 3. Would still hope Arsenal can do something this season but not expecting miracles. We did beat Man U 1-0 without Nasri and Fabregas towards the end of last season so if we can get some of that heart back, you never know. Wouldn't be putting too much hard earned money on them tho.

I'm more interested in seeing if there's to be money made in the Relegation and Top Goalscorer markets. I'm thinking Swansea, Wigan and Blackburn will all go down this season. If QPR can hold onto Taarabt and a couple of hours they might be ok, but i think Blackburn need to do something drastic to stay up.

Top Goalscorer is difficult. Think Man City could bang in the goals but their strike force could change before the season begins. Hernandez could well be the front runner but whether he'l score 20+ i don't know.

Premiership

Man Utd
    Man City
    Chelsea

Relegation

Blackburn
    Wigan
    Swansea

Top Goalscorer

Rooney
    Suarez
    Dzeko

wow carroll has to be a great bet there @ 20s if we sign downing and another winger hel be getting alot of ball .

anyway predictions
    top 3
    man u
    city
    liverpool

relegation
    wolves
    wigan
    swansea

top scorer
    carroll
    rooney
    van persie ( if he stays fit)

Comment

^^^^

Definitely in the blue zone at the mo

Comment

Going to go with.

Top 3 :
        Chelsea
        Man Utd
        Man City

Relegation:
        Norwich
        Swansea
        Wolves

Top Scorer:
        Saurez
        Torres
        Balotelli

Comment

Lol very good. The same graph could be used for Arsenal btw

Comment

Top 3

As a gunner am hoping we can hold on to one of nasri and cesc. If we do an a few additions I believe we can go close again

Chelsea
            Arsenal
            Man Utd

Relegation

Think if wigan lose N'Zogbia and Hugo they will definitely go down. Think the problems at QPR will see them return to the championship. And the last spot will probably be numerous teams will be filtering with it all season including Norwich and Blackburn.

Norwich
            Wigan
            QPR

Top Goalscorer

Van persie
            Hernadez
            Torres

Comment

top 3

chelsea
              man city
              man utd

bottom 3

wigan
              swansea
              norwich

top scorers
              torres
              rooney
              Bent

Comment

Cutting down on antipost betting this season as I'm def a lifetime loser on antipost football, bit of a leak. Ties up too much funds as well.

Only standout bet I'll be doing is Newcastle relegation @ 7/1. Pretty shocking forwards, haven't replaced Carroll, Nolans goals will be missed as well. They don't seem to be spending much to replace these either. Enrique is been linked away too. They've a retarded interfering owner whose liable to fire a manager after a few poor results and he's definitely having a negative affect on the team overall.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Dzeko and Baloteli? Really?

Comment

Lol @ making any predictions at this stage. I think you have to wait until most of the early transfer activity is out of the way. Most clubs have not been active this season so far. Blackburn have over £40 million to spend and haven't signed anybody yet.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Premiership

Chelsea
                      Man Utd
                      liverpool

Relegation

Blackburn
                      norwich
                      stoke

Top Goalscorer

Suarez
                      torres
                      bent
                      https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

If the squads today are what starts the season I think United are pretty nailed on to win it again.

EDIT: Darren Bent must be a lay for top goalscorer considering Villa have lost Young and almost certainly Downing, along with a pretty damn defensive manager taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                          Lol very good. The same graph could be used for Arsenal btw
                          Arsenals graph would be close to the exact opposite.

Comment

Yeah chill out on the betting til the transfer market's settled a bit. Although I really like the look of 2/1 Wigan to be relegated. They are a totally shit two-man team.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                              Arsenals graph would be close to the exact opposite.

How do figure that?
                              For the last five or six years I'm listening to my arsenal mates telling me all summer how their team is finally ready and next season will be the start of their domination, a good run in August/Sept and they're all excited, I just laugh and say come back in the depths of winter and see where you are.
                              Dec/Jan/Feb kills off Gunners every year.

The only real difference is Arsenal might hit rock bottom a bit later(Jan/Feb) and their "wait for next season" stage starts a bit later (mid March maybe when they finally admit they will win nothing)
                              Last edited by BigDeal; 14-07-11, 14:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                If the squads today are what starts the season I think United are pretty nailed on to win it again.

EDIT: Darren Bent must be a lay for top goalscorer considering Villa have lost Young and almost certainly Downing, along with a pretty damn defensive manager taking over.
                                Chelsea will def be adding some big-shot striker before season starts. Think they'll be top three ahead of Arsenal or Liverpool. I like Darren Bent for top goalscorer due to him taking penalties, and usually gets lots of them. Agree the Downing and Young is a big loss tho. N'Zogbia (if signed as a replacement) is nothing like them and is a lot more selfish so won't get half as many assists. Also, Wolves won't get relegated. Swansea/Norwich/QPR all likely to struggle and go back down, Wigan could challenge if one of those gets a good home run going (most likely Norwich).

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                  Although I really like the look of 2/1 Wigan to be relegated. They are a totally shit two-man team.
                                  Did you not see the appearances of big Conor Salmon towards the end of last year? Him getting the goals created by James McCarthy will keep them up easily.*

*may be a slightly Irish biased opinion (although I actually did like the look of Conor Salmon)

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                    Did you not see the appearances of big Conor Salmon towards the end of last year? Him getting the goals created by James McCarthy will keep them up easily.*

*may be a slightly Irish biased opinion (although I actually did like the look of Conor Salmon)
                                    Sammon is cack.

Wigan will go down with Norwich and a fight will happen between Newcastle, QPR and Swansea.

Apparently Torres is happy, nearly back to 100% fitness and looks sharp. 10/1 is worth a punt for top goalscorer

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post

Both Sammon and McCarthy do look like they have real potential, but potential doesn't keep you up.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        Sammon is cack.

Wigan will go down with Norwich and a fight will happen between Newcastle, QPR and Swansea.

Apparently Torres is happy, nearly back to 100% fitness and looks sharp. 10/1 is worth a punt for top goalscorer
                                        he was happy at liverpool too . not a bad punt tbh hes a top class striker and is gonna score goals wherever he plays think u can forget abt last season i predict chelsea will see the real torres very soon a great man once said form is tempeorary class is permanent .

Comment

Top 3

Man City
                                          Chelsea
                                          Man united

Bottom 3

Swansea
                                          Norwich
                                          QPR

Top goalscorer

Torres
                                          Carroll
                                          Rooney

Torres will score shitloads next season. Cunt.

Comment

top 3

united
                                            chelsea
                                            city

bottom 3

norwich
                                            newcastle
                                            swansea

goalscorers

rooney
                                            torres
                                            tevez (obv if he stays)

Comment

Premiership

Man United
                                              Chelsea
                                              Liverpool

Relegation

QPR
                                              Norwic
                                              Swansea

Top Goalscorer

Chicarito
                                              Torres
                                              Darren Bent

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post

How do figure that?
                                                For the last five or six years I'm listening to my arsenal mates telling me all summer how their team is finally ready and next season will be the start of their domination, a good run in August/Sept and they're all excited, I just laugh and say come back in the depths of winter and see where you are.
                                                Dec/Jan/Feb kills off Gunners every year.

The only real difference is Arsenal might hit rock bottom a bit later(Jan/Feb) and their "wait for next season" stage starts a bit later (mid March maybe when they finally admit they will win nothing)
                                                Arsenal are generally on a downward spiral at the end of the season. The last 3 months are generally awful. Summer is filled with rumours of losing their best players and not signing enough players in key positions.

They start the season well and keep it going through November/December where we go on an unbeaten run and everyone is thinking this is our year. February is when things really start to go wrong for Arsenal.

Comment

Torres is a good bet for top scorer, maybe Van Persie if he stays fit. United really need to sign a top midfielder, if they don't Chelsea will win league easy unfortunately.

1. Chelsea
                                                  2. Man Utd
                                                  3. Man City

18. Swansea
                                                  19. Wigan
                                                  20. QPR

1. Torres
                                                  2. Van P
                                                  3. Carroll

Comment

1. Man Utd
                                                    2. Chelsea
                                                    3. Man City

18. Norwich
                                                    19. Blackburn
                                                    20. Swansea

1. Torres
                                                    2. Van Persie
                                                    3. Hernandez

Comment

Why is everyone so high on Torres?

Comment

Does anyone else think that Villa could struggle next season?

Comment

7/2 to stay at Inter

1/6 to leave Inter

1/5 to sign for Manchester United

Skybet odds, seems a decent price the 7/2
                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                            Does anyone else think that Villa could struggle next season?
                                                            Big time.

Comment

might want to reconsider if you have any west brom defenders in mind for your fantasy football team.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I don't think city is going to be anywhere near the tittle race this season.
                                                                Its going to be a fight between the old rivals : United vs. liverpool.

Comment

Our year.
                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Anyone who thinks Liverpool are going to win the league are retarded

Comment

1. Chelsea
                                                                      2. Manu
                                                                      3. Man citeh.

18. Wigwam
                                                                      19. Norwich
                                                                      20. Swansea

(no QPR due to Neil Warnock being a stubborn cnut and maybe money being throw at the problem in Jan, Wigan minus insomnia will be cack.)

Top Scorer
                                                                      1. Suarez (all from Carroll knockdowns)
                                                                      2.Rooney
                                                                      3.Drogs

Torres can't even score in friendly matches ffs. Chelsea still need a tricky midfielder for craft and a decent right winger, WITH PACE. Best football they played was with Robben and Duff switching wings. since then, you have Malouda, and one of Kalou/Anelka/SWP/Joe Cole. We have the forwards, lacking the supply.
                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

im a pool fan as much id love them to win we are not but a good season with a top 4 finish is our main objective and then we can bring in better players the year after in order to challenge hopefully , chelsea are going to be very good under the new boss very attacking and should win the league
                                                                        https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Love these so you can look back and think what a muppet you were...

Premiership

1. Man Utd
                                                                          2. Man City
                                                                          3. Chelsea
                                                                          4. Arsenal

Relegated

Wigan
                                                                          Newcastle
                                                                          Swansea

Champions League: Chelsea

Comment

Torres scores in a friendly, i'll just be eating my words then.

I can really see the Arse struggling for even 4th.
                                                                            Fab or no Fab.
                                                                            Will/Is Vermalaen fit for the start of the season? Beast.
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

#39
                                                                              35 page pullout in today's Racing Post.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Massive to kudos to Hills ( ) - out of the 92 football league clubs they are the best price on 85 of them as outright winners!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Aye, saw that in the pullout and at one stage was wondering whether it was a misprint and they'd put 'Best Price' in that column instead of 'Hills Price'.

Did it ever explain in the pullout why Hills are betting to such a low percentage?

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Aye, saw that in the pullout and at one stage was wondering whether it was a misprint and they'd put 'Best Price' in that column instead of 'Hills Price'.

Did it ever explain in the pullout why Hills are betting to such a low percentage?
                                                                                    I did notice it in the pulllout anyway, just caught my eye when scrawling through oddschecker this morning whilst doing a mug ew trixie for the outrights. They must have got a new trader in or something because alot of time they are best price on the Irish footy too.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Anyone got a pdf of that Racing post special?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                        Anyone got a pdf of that Racing post special?
                                                                                        If you are in Dublin and want my copy then let me know.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Anyone on the site ever try to run a fantasy league with a entry fee involved? would there be much interest in something like this?

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by burkeyoa View Post
                                                                                            Anyone on the site ever try to run a fantasy league with a entry fee involved? would there be much interest in something like this?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            X