2nd pair checked to me on the turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd pair checked to me on the turn

iam just trying to remember this from my head (which isn't good at the best of times) its a hand from the 1.5 million on ft

i have just been moved to the table 10-12 hands ago and nothing of any interest happened
    blinds 400/800/75 ante

villian 20kish
    hero 10kish

i picked up 10cJc on the bttn
    folded to villian MP+1 he raises to 2400
    folded to me i call
    sb folds
    bb folds

flop Kh9d10d
    check/check
    turn4d
    villian checks hero?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Flat calling here preflop with 12.5 bbs is really bad, your leaving yourself less than 10 and unless you flop the world you'll have tricky spots like this. I feel like anything we bet on turn is committing the whole stack so you need to decide if your going all the way with it.

I dont think you have enough to reship pre to get him off hands a bigger stack would, so fold pre is the best option.

Comment

I don't think you realize it but preflop is a big problem here. You have an M of ~5 and you are in no state to be flatting any raise preflop. You have only 2 moves when in this state: shove or fold. This is a very big leak of a lot of players imo.

This is just a std fold pre unless you have a read that the MP opener has been opening too many pots in which case you could shove...but, there are reasons not to shove and they are...
      1) Villain has opened in MP and is less likely to be steeling.
      2) Villain's stack size and yours should be a deterrent with fold equity being reduced.
      3) Villain's bet size. He has made it a "clicked" 3X and is likely not a reg. Therefore, if you haven't seen him out of line yet this is more than often a genuine hand.

As played I just check behind again on turn and you could go for a thin V bet depending on what river came or catch a buff. It's quite likely villain has a PP lower than the board or has flopped a set so it's risky to V bet thin and there lies the problem in playing marginal/drawing hands like this passively as they lead to tricky situations down the road.
      It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
        I don't think you realize it but preflop is a big problem here. You have an M of ~5 and you are in no state to be flatting any raise preflop. You have only 2 moves when in this state: shove or fold. This is a very big leak of a lot of players imo.

Just incase your not sure how to work out your mzone,
        if your unsure what mzone is, give me a pm, ill link you up with a course, and give you some quick basics,

also, there is an mzone spreadsheet, just struggling to find it atm

if anyone has a link for the mzone spreadsheet, hit me up please
        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

shoving preflop is way better than flatting

and folding is way better than shoving preflop,

now you have got here check behind the turn reevaluate the river
          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post

Just incase your not sure how to work out your mzone,
            if your unsure what mzone is, give me a pm, ill link you up with a course, and give you some quick basics,

also, there is an mzone spreadsheet, just struggling to find it atm

if anyone has a link for the mzone spreadsheet, hit me up please
            The M-Ratio is pretty simple, you don't need need a spreadsheet, and the image above makes it look over complicated (assume it's new to the OP).

OP, the M-ratio is stack sizes divided by the total of the blinds and antes

Basicaly the cost to play a round of the table. If you have an M of 10, you will be blinded out in 10 rounds of the table (assuming you win no chips)
            You should try to get your hand on a copy of Harrington on Hold'em vol.1 & 2. M-ratio and effective M is covered in volume 2. Don't bother with vol.3

As for the hand, just fold preflop

Comment

fold pre
              check now

Comment

Working...
              X