Fantasy league discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy league discussion thread

I joined late so im not really involved in the overall apart from a few side league i have with friends who also started late. I am still in the main fantasy cup tho and am putting alot of effort each week with team selection to stay in it. Have won the first 6 matches so into the 7th round. Had a scare in the last week as the only 3 players i had playing were Terry and ballack and gallas. Luckily 26 points was enough to get me through.

I'm also still in the cup, some fluke this week to go through though, as had made 2 extra transfers, and still came through.

Tips for this week are
    Given (Surely a clean sheet!)

Lampard (Two fixtures, in good form, Bonus Point magnet)
    Anelka (Two Fixtures, doing the business without Drogba, will get 1/2 goals out of the two games imo)

Tevez (Return to scoring please!

A.Cole / Ivanovic (One clean sheet from 2 games expected)
    Baird / Hangeland (Maybe, just maybe a clean sheet!)
    Damo Duff (Ah sure why not)

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
      I'm also still in the cup, some fluke this week to go through though, as had made 2 extra transfers, and still came through.

Tips for this week are
      Given (Surely a clean sheet!)

Lampard (Two fixtures, in good form, Bonus Point magnet)
      Anelka (Two Fixtures, doing the business without Drogba, will get 1/2 goals out of the two games imo)

Tevez (Return to scoring please!

A.Cole / Ivanovic (One clean sheet from 2 games expected)
      Baird / Hangeland (Maybe, just maybe a clean sheet!)
      Damo Duff (Ah sure why not)
      Hope you see this before the deadline closes tomorrow afternoon lol. There are 12 matches in this weeks gameweek and man city are in none of them lol so tevez and given will score you no points! Ive made anelka my captain as the 2 games chelsea have for this week are against burnley and hull. Also chose duff and hangeland as fulham are solid enough at home and portsmouth are weak.

Comment

???

Man City v Portsmouth 31 Jan 13:30

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
          ???

Man City v Portsmouth 31 Jan 13:30
          Thanks for confirming im blind! Tevez and Given go back into the team from the bench!

Comment

My line-up now looks like this

Given

Gallas
            Terry
            Evra
            Hangeland

Duff
            Ballack
            Gardner

Anelka (c)
            Tevez
            Rooney

Comment

Mine this week:

Myhill

Ivanovic
              Zayette (doubtful)
              Craddock

Duff
              Fat Frank (c)
              Fab
              N'Zogbia

Rooney
              Tevez
              Bent

Comment

Have you made changes Ste?

I'd suggest you drop Fabregas for Ballack. With two games for Chelsea this week he is well worth it. Fab doesn't tend to do that well againt United.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Yeah I have, and I can't change Fab, I'd lose too much money. I had to put him on the bench when he was injured

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                    Yeah I have, and I can't change Fab, I'd lose too much money. I had to put him on the bench when he was injured
                    My team this week is

Gomes
                    Nelsen Terry Dunne
                    Piennar Duff Lampard(C) Gamst Pedersen Ballack
                    Tevez Bent

I brought in Kalinic this week, he is on the bench but I'm still tempted to play him, but its either Piennar or Gamst that I have to drop, and with Everton playing Wigan, and Pedersen now set to take all the set pieces for Blackburn(as McCarthy is gone), its hard to drop either of them. Maybe Piennar, I just have a feeling that Rovers could thump West Ham.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I'm on the boards league but is there a pasword for a league for this forum?

Any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by MMA Ace View Post
                        I'm on the boards league but is there a pasword for a league for this forum?

Any help appreciated.
                        It was a pay to enter league and its been locked down since GW 2 or 3

Comment

Have made a duble transfer this week to faciliate getting Rooney back (had him for ages, but he had to go for the week united missed a game)

Milner and Defoe out Rooney and N'Zog in.

That said I do have some concerns about Rooney being rested this week. But he is an obvious choice for the armband

Comment

I brought in Tevez this week in preparation for next week as they have 2 easy games next week and should win this week,

Comment

Got knocked out in the 10th round of the cup in this. Pretty gutted

My team looks like this atm for this week. Had to remove some Arsenal players because of injury.

Given

Collins
                              Terry
                              Hangeland
                              Evra

Duff
                              Young
                              Kuyt

Torres (c)
                              Anelka
                              Tevez

Comment

Collins and Evra wont get you very far due to LC final

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                  Collins and Evra wont get you very far due to LC final
                                  And Young as well.

The following week wont look too great for you either. Whole pile of teams missing that one

Comment

Buuuuuuuuuump

Set up a league just for IPB'ers, help us see how everyone else got on that week.

Code is - 973506-439758

Comment

Working...
                                    X