Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollox missed him aswell
    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Didn't back it.

Gordon Elliot has kept National Service in the UK for the weekend after winning in good style at Wolverhampton Friday evening. He is turned out over a furlong less at 1pm Kempton with a 6lb penalty. He has previously won over 5f at the track.

Comment

Corals are 6 places and money back as a free bet if a faller(£€25)on the 2.25 Crooks and Villians Handicap Hurdle at Leopardstown tomorrow. For any one that can get on there it's incredible value.

It'll be cheerio to my Coral account I'd say.
        Last edited by Sirtoyou; 16-01-16, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
          Corals are 6 places and money back as a free bet if a faller(£€25)on the 2.25 Crooks and Villians Handicap Hurdle at Leopardstown tomorrow. For any one that can get on there it's incredible value.

It'll be cheerio to my Coral account I'd say.
          Any suggestions for it? They're doing 4/1 on a Willie mullins winner in that race on mobile too

Comment

Didn't back it.

Gordon Elliot has kept National Service in the UK for the weekend after winning in good style at Wolverhampton Friday evening. He is turned out over a furlong less at 1pm Kempton with a 6lb penalty. He has previously won over 5f at the track.
            Boom.

Comment

Heathfield 8/1 in the 3pm, cant lose.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                A lifetime in the saddle has equipped the young Walsh boy with the most optimal tactics. Its a race like the Tolworth where young Cooper could actually have got wrong were he on Yorkhill.
                Too late now and even though hes riding pretty good atm but i think the best thing to do with Cooper when offering him the retainer was not give him the choice of rides. Put him on the best or most suitable horse when there is 2 or more in it but take the choice out of his hands and let him concentrate on just riding. This way we will ride the rocky underdog fight like he was doing shelling winners before he got the big job.
                Him making choices is only putting even more pressure on his young shoulders and he would be riding even better this way. Perhaps 3rd or 4th year of the retainer he can have the choice.
                Probably complete vollox that!
                Looking like Pure Trooth this^^.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Some recovery by the young Walsh lad there!

Comment

Some way to secure the up to and incl 6 1/2L @15/8!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Its a very competitive heat, everyone in with a chance, its the kind of race where you could run very well and finish last which is not at all what I'd want when she has a question to answer.
                      She had some treatment from a quack who thinks he has solved a niggle that was hurting her when jumping. If she runs to her form and shows what she has been doing at home she is close enough to a winning mark.
                      I notice Jennie is in the betting for the mares hurdle at Ascot. Is she an intended runner? Is it the first venture across the sea? What are the expectations after her lovely run Lto, the tweak to the back problem seems to have worked?

Comment

Not big into racing so I'm wondering is this as incredible as it looks? Surprised it wasn't posted here even though you'll all have seen it somewhere I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pRt688PyRk

Comment

Yeah that's what RD3 and rounders are talking about above. Crazy finish
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            Yeah that's what RD3 and rounders are talking about above. Crazy finish
                            Ah, cool. Cheers.

Comment

I notice Jennie is in the betting for the mares hurdle at Ascot. Is she an intended runner? Is it the first venture across the sea? What are the expectations after her lovely run Lto, the tweak to the back problem seems to have worked?
                              Very much an intended runner, should be there today. She seems to have been in great form since punchestown and there are a good crowd of us heading over for the day.

She went to Cheltenham once for the mares , ground went badly against her on the day but she had travelled over well, loved the course that hill is right up her street and we are sick and tired trying to find another opportunity for her there but there nothing worked out for her there. Festival ground is 'just weather' as I'm always telling the naysayers but the fucking weather has always been against us in March

There probably won't be a lot of non runners from those entries. Its very hard to assess the form against the English mares, she would have a few lengths to find with Kalane on Punchestowns running but this will be a very different race.
                              Fry's looks like a good un but a lot of them have shown their best on better ground. It looks like a very competitive race without the fav.
                              Weather should be ok, there is a small bit of rain in the forecast tonight then cold and dry until temperature rise to about 10 on sat am.
                              No real point in making any comparisons to her run against Vroum Vroum Mag in Thurles last year however if Cooper lets her pop the last instead of (correctly IMO) giving her a chance to win, Jennies is going to be the closest finisher behind her since she came to Ireland. Vroum Vroum Mag's hurdle run over 2 miles at Clonmel never raised much more than a canter and really shouldn't be included in calculations. Still, things like the proximity of MrsMcVeale in that race, VVMag extending her trip beyond 20f for the first time since a facile chase win in Limerick and the way the race is likely to be run and the form Jennies has been in at home are all little straws we can cling to.

Does lack of jockey declarations at this stage mean anything as there are 5 listed so far
                              As an intended runner I suppose if a few were to come out 25/1 1/5 th 3 places on pp could be on the generous side but with her the value is usually in the betfair place only markets.

Not sure if Saturday will turn out to be the retirement party I'm hoping to drag it out till the handicap hurdle on the last day of punchestown but you'd never know.
                              Oh and...
                              One time
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Very much an intended runner, should be there today. She seems to have been in great form since punchestown and there are a good crowd of us heading over for the day.

She went to Cheltenham once for the mares , ground went badly against her on the day but she had travelled over well, loved the course that hill is right up her street and we are sick and tired trying to find another opportunity for her there but there nothing worked out for her there. Festival ground is 'just weather' as I'm always telling the naysayers but the fucking weather has always been against us in March

There probably won't be a lot of non runners from those entries. Its very hard to assess the form against the English mares, she would have a few lengths to find with Kalane on Punchestowns running but this will be a very different race.
                                Fry's looks like a good un but a lot of them have shown their best on better ground. It looks like a very competitive race without the fav.
                                Weather should be ok, there is a small bit of rain in the forecast tonight then cold and dry until temperature rise to about 10 on sat am.
                                No real point in making any comparisons to her run against Vroum Vroum Mag in Thurles last year however if Cooper lets her pop the last instead of (correctly IMO) giving her a chance to win, Jennies is going to be the closest finisher behind her since she came to Ireland. Vroum Vroum Mag's hurdle run over 2 miles at Clonmel never raised much more than a canter and really shouldn't be included in calculations. Still, things like the proximity of MrsMcVeale in that race, VVMag extending her trip beyond 20f for the first time since a facile chase win in Limerick and the way the race is likely to be run and the form Jennies has been in at home are all little straws we can cling to.

Does lack of jockey declarations at this stage mean anything as there are 5 listed so far
                                As an intended runner I suppose if a few were to come out 25/1 1/5 th 3 places on pp could be on the generous side but with her the value is usually in the betfair place only markets.

Not sure if Saturday will turn out to be the retirement party I'm hoping to drag it out till the handicap hurdle on the last day of punchestown but you'd never know.
                                Oh and...
                                One time
                                Best of luck in Ascot
                                Will you be using young McCarthy as the jockey or one of the English based jocks with a bit more experience round Ascot
                                If its to be her last swansong, you got a great run out of her over the last few years well done

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                  Best of luck in Ascot
                                  Will you be using young McCarthy as the jockey or one of the English based jocks with a bit more experience round Ascot
                                  If its to be her last swansong, you got a great run out of her over the last few years well done
                                  Ian rides, he's ridden the track a couple of times before.

Comment

Ian rides, he's ridden the track a couple of times before.
                                    Good man

Bring on Saturday

Comment

Burning Blaze @4/1 Southwell 16.05

Comment

Great write up Strewel, hopefully you'll get the rest of the season from her. Either way thanks for the great contribution she has made around these parts. Your heart on sleeve style in the write ups over the years has been both refreshing and endearing. No doubt there'll be e few nice ones to come from her down the line and we are around long enough to enjoy watching them too.

Comment

Mala Beach my old friend

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Mala Beach my old friend

Comment

Ciankyle 7.30 Dundalk strongly worded tip but the markets seem to say otherwise...
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                Ciankyle 7.30 Dundalk strongly worded tip but the markets seem to say otherwise...
                                                Second favourite now at 13/2 from 16s or so last night, with 1 stone 6 I think on the favourite.
                                                Going to give it a go e/w

Comment

5/1 now with pp

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    Best of luck, one time!!!
                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Matchbook will be offering horse racing in the next few weeks. Id imagine the prices will be among the most competitive in the business. I just said id mention it as I have been previously asked why we didnt offer horse racing.
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Good luck SP and JJ

Comment

Amazing run SP. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

Great run

Comment

Jennies Jewel what a legend

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great ride

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Comment

Great run. Had the rest well beat.

Comment

Great result Strewel congrats. Lovely place touch here 50/1 layed the win.

Comment

Great run id say yis are buzzing over there. She got my Vroom Vroom up to and incl 6L 15/8 landed, the rest beaten out of sight!. Loved the conditions.

Comment

Super run
                                                                        Well done to all connections including a very good jockey

Comment

Unreal

Comment

Unreal
                                                                            Excellent performance from a lovely horse who never stops trying. We can all breakfast well tomorrow.

Comment

ahhhh fuck I knew I forgot something!! Fair play SP
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Unreal
                                                                                Full report on our desk here tomorrow charting the days events please

Comment

I see eiri na casca back out at leopardstown today.

Comment

Unreal
                                                                                    if you can ever give 'ride of the month' to a jockey who came second, that was it imo

superb performance

Comment

Eirí na Casca running again today. Being nibbled in the market. Didn't see above post!
                                                                                      Last edited by TonyCascarino; 24-01-16, 13:57.

Comment

Ricci has a few too many freaks running for it to be realistically believable it's all natural. That thing has Frankel esque cruising speed.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Ricci has a few too many freaks running for it to be realistically believable it's all natural. That thing has Frankel esque cruising speed.
                                                                                          Ah heyor.

Frankelesque me hole.

Comment

Got two horses locally for tomorrow in Thurles, 2.15 Knockraha Pylon and 4.30 Knockraha King, same connections and expecting a good run from both. Each way double and singles for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasperov View Post
                                                                                              Got two horses locally for tomorrow in Thurles, 2.15 Knockraha Pylon and 4.30 Knockraha King, same connections and expecting a good run from both. Each way double and singles for me anyway.
                                                                                              First one ran very well anyway, just found one too good.

A Knockraha placed in first too at 16s.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                First one ran very well anyway, just found one too good.

A Knockraha placed in first too at 16s.
                                                                                                The one in the last has come into 7/1, he was 9/1 at around 1pm today when I put a bet on them both.
                                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                  The one in the last has come into 7/1, he was 9/1 at around 1pm today when I put a bet on them both.
                                                                                                  no place

Comment

Many ante post bets for Cheltenham?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                      This is where you need a final furlong pod cast.
                                                                                                      Most bookmakers are non runner no bet in the big 5 races.

Comment

Blue Hell- County Hurdle
                                                                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

The brother and I have an accum on Min, douvan, Faugheen, Annie power, UDS, vautor (ryanair) and on the fringe @6800/1. Currently 125/1.

Comment

Only A to Phil at 20s for Neptune so far

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                              The brother and I have an accum on Min, douvan, Faugheen, Annie power, UDS, vautor (ryanair) and on the fringe @6800/1. Currently 125/1.
                                                                                                              I can still remember the collective groan when annie power smashed into that hurdle last year.

Comment

Faugheen/UDS/Thistlecrack/Don Cossack accum

Comment

Chapter Two 3.40 Fairyhouse guy has given me 2/3 winners so perhaps some ew value

Comment

Poor afternoon for WPM today. No harm imo - several of the Cheltenham showpieces are totally unappealing as betting mediums.

Hope Djakadam comes back OK.

Comment

Comment

Just had a look at today's action in Clonmel and after reading all about the first race I had to post.

This is the third running of the race and Willie Mullins has won it the first two years. He runs the unraced Fire in Soul which was purchased for €200,000 in June 2014 by Mouse Morris and is now owned by the Gigginstown Stud. He was with Gordon Elliot but is now with Mullins. Cooper rides him today. As I post this the horse was 100/30 joint second favourite.

The 13/8 favourite has good form but he was third in a race where the favourite and runner-up was a Willie Mullins trained horse. The joint second favourite is trained by Elliot and has one run to date and he wasn't very impressive that day.

Why is the Mullins horse so big? I feel like I have to be on it. Race is at 1.25

Comment

Nice shout

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X