NFL Bettin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL Bettin

were the Miami Dolphins ever -2.5 pts for tonights match at any stage today? or did I completely mis read the screen in the shop and if so will my bet get paid or money refunded etc?

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
    were the Miami Dolphins ever -2.5 pts for tonights match at any stage today? or did I completely mis read the screen in the shop and if so will my bet get paid or money refunded etc?
    Nope miami opened at +9 and are +7.5 at the minute afaik!

Comment

Very shrewd backin Dolphins -2.5, want to top up your bet?

What shop was it in? You may have done an alternative handicap bet, and shud be around 4-1 -2.5..
      Last edited by Pistol Peter; 17-10-11, 23:28.

Comment

no it wasnt an alternative handicap as i had to ask for anything at all on the match and i got 10/11 on the bet whats my best play if it wins or loses etc?

Comment

no it wasnt an alternative handicap as i had to ask for anything at all on the match and i got 10/11 on the bet whats my best play if it wins or loses etc?
          Its a weird one alright, not really sure, if they had a price for -2.5 then you should get paid at that price but if they didnt which i dont think anyone had then it prob should be void.
          Id say cheer it on anyway but i am on the jets -6.5

Comment

hope it wins and colect and if it loses, cry about it and try to get cash back??

also Miami should be all over them, that was pure fucked up for the 1st TD it was clear pass interference imo

Comment

Bump for Downtown

Comment

Are matches like tonight where both teams are playing for nothing at the end of the season ones to steer clear of?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  Are matches like tonight where both teams are playing for nothing at the end of the season ones to steer clear of?
                  Whatever about American Football betting on friendlys is not to be reccommended in other sports hard to judge how much effort teams will make.
                  If i was backing someone id back the home team as they will have there own fans shouting them on at least.

Comment

Not sure I was thinking that Eagles - 3 @1.91 looks good?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                      Can the Eagles not still squeeze in with a win? Also their coach needs a win it seems for his job. He's been there 13 years. I would expect a backlash from the Eagles tonight against a v bad Seahawks team with nothing to play for.

Well I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                        evens on Ladbrokes if u're having a cut at it

Comment

rediculous every single bookmaker has them at the same price will follow blindly with a small bet
                          Michael Vic has a dog fight to organise or injured so is not playing

Comment

Can the Eagles not still squeeze in with a win? Also their coach needs a win it seems for his job. He's been there 13 years. I would expect a backlash from the Eagles tonight against a v bad Seahawks team with nothing to play for.

Well I hope!
                            Young playing and looking only ok. McCoy has been struggling to make this game but looks like he is gonna start I think. Jackson dropped a ridiculous pass last week for a td so dont trust him anymore. Would be backing Eagles -3 if betting, Seattle not up to much if eagles can play anyway good.

Eagles wont make play offs, left with too much to do and Pats defeat last week was nail in coffin IMO

Comment

Lumped on Eagles -3 and o5 sacks.

Like I mentioned half jokingly in the bbv a while ago backing against the Eagles has been the only guaranteed profit I've had of late

But they have had a very difficult run of late playing some of the top teams (albeit some who are on the decline) and tonight they are getting out on the road after playing 4 of the last 5 at home under pressure from their fans.

Also the Seahawks haven't been great at home 3&2 (inconsistent may be a better word having pulled out a performance vs a good Baltimore team and then losing to a poor Washington). I'm still as sure now as i was then that their run to last year's playoffs has hurt them as it dropped them way down the draft and they haven't been able to add the quality their record suggests they needed.

Re: Young he threw for 400 yards last week, his only failing being his inability to convert in the red zone, but this was as much, if not more so, down to the Pats really upping the aggro factor in these situations. I definitely don't see the Seahawks putting that kind of pressure on at any stage tonight.

The last point may seem to go against my o5 sacks but I think the majority of sacks will come from the Eagles defence. When they bring the pressure they bring it big and have sacked 3+ times 7 times this season whereas the Seahawks have given up 3+ 4 times including 5 against the Rams a couple of weeks ago.

tl;dr Them's my bets, they're bound to lose now.
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

The only play I like in this game is the under...two terrible QBs (and offences in general), both with poor 3rd down conversion rates and good running backs on both sides! Not to mention the public money in thursday/monday night games is always on over...Seems like there could be some value in u43.5.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                  Re: Young he threw for 400 yards last week, his only failing being his inability to convert in the red zone, but this was as much, if not more so, down to the Pats really upping the aggro factor in these situations. I definitely don't see the Seahawks putting that kind of pressure on at any stage tonight.
                                  He threw for 400 yards against a non existent Pats secondary and also they were trailing by a decent amount for alot of the game which will always inflate his passing yards. Seahawks D is average at best but afair their safetys are actually quite decent.

FYI: the last 12 thursday night games where an east coast team travelled west, the road team are 0-12 against the spread AND straight up! I wouldn't put alot of faith in these type of trends but something to think about..

Comment

just on this, seattle +3 is 1.9 on betting shops and 1.82 on betfair for anyone interested in a bit of auld arbitrage
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                      just on this, seattle +3 is 1.9 on betting shops and 1.82 on betfair for anyone interested in a bit of auld arbitrage
                                      1.95 on b365

Comment

Originally posted by boba_fett3099 View Post
                                        1.95 on b365
                                        same on ladbrokes, huge value here - weeeeeeeeeeeee @ freeroll I am having
                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The Betfair line is 3.5 and the shop line is 3, which is a MASSIVE difference, if Eagles win by 3 its a push in shops whereas a winner on the 3.5 spread

Comment

Backed McCoy to have under 85.5 yards rushing at 5-6, playin with a toe injury.

From my experience whenever a running back has a turf toe or some sort of toe injury it really effects their numbers.

Add that to the fact that i think Philly will struggle to win and subsequently will have to throw more and i think it looks a good bet.

Also Young is prone to running with the ball himself on a certain number of plays
                                            ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Lol at Seattle lol at young. Might have to go to bed to stop watching this

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                The Betfair line is 3.5 and the shop line is 3, which is a MASSIVE difference, if Eagles win by 3 its a push in shops whereas a winner on the 3.5 spread
                                                yeah I saw that after the bet, way too lazy to figure it out - I'm gonna win
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

too late I know - but seahawks were evens +3 with boyles at 12.40 when I had a bet

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                    too late I know - but seahawks were evens +3 with boyles at 12.40 when I had a bet
                                                    Yea seen that earlier, mbn to be able to get on with them.
                                                    Had to take 1.95 on matchbook

Comment

Wow the beast is just one big muscle!!
                                                      ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                        Yea seen that earlier, mbn to be able to get on with them.
                                                        Had to take 1.95 on matchbook
                                                        Just had €250 bet for interest

I wasn't punting with boyles at all, but was chatting with BCB the weekend and he obv thinks I'm a big fish and gave me the nod. In fairness to him they seem much more clued in ( competitive ) and a bit more game since he took over

Comment

u going to Clonmel tomorrow Nicky?

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                            u going to Clonmel tomorrow Nicky?
                                                            really dont feel like playing atm, possibly I'll change my mind, some value there - you thinking of going ?

Comment

ye I'll decide 2moro but i reckon it'll be very soft

Comment

Wish I stayed clear of that game. Was certain the eagles -3 was a banker.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianN View Post
                                                                  Wish I stayed clear of that game. Was certain the eagles -3 was a banker.
                                                                  both teams are unreliable though plus boba's 0-12 stat is super sick

my bets for weekend
                                                                  atlanta, miami, denver, new england, carolina, ny jets, san fran and new orleans - avoiding the rest
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

5 singles today:

No write up, just the main reason that attracted my attention and after more research decided it was value.

ATL-1 oHOU - HOU down to 3rd string quarter back

OAK+3 oMIA
                                                                    - MIA out of playoff race after last week's defeat and Carson Palmer adjusting nicely to his new offence

DET+9 oNO
                                                                    - DET have one of the better pass defences in the league and even with a big suspension will limit Bree's ability to go deep

GB-6.5 oNYG
                                                                    - NYG are demoralised after recent results and hosting the Champs with a 100% record isn't going to make things easier. GB rarely fail to cover the spread

CIN+7 oPIT
                                                                    - Divisional game with divisional and WC implications. This alone should make it a close fought game but the two teams have decent defences.
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                      5 singles today:

No write up, just the main reason that attracted my attention and after more research decided it was value.

ATL-1 oHOU - HOU down to 3rd string quarter back

OAK+3 oMIA
                                                                      - MIA out of playoff race after last week's defeat and Carson Palmer adjusting nicely to his new offence

DET+9 oNO
                                                                      - DET have one of the better pass defences in the league and even with a big suspension will limit Bree's ability to go deep

GB-6.5 oNYG
                                                                      - NYG are demoralised after recent results and hosting the Champs with a 100% record isn't going to make things easier. GB rarely fail to cover the spread

CIN+7 oPIT
                                                                      - Divisional game with divisional and WC implications. This alone should make it a close fought game but the two teams have decent defences.
                                                                      First game is really hard to call. TJ Yates who is the QB starting today was my draft binkie. The guy reminds me a lot of Tom Brady in college. He might not be ready yet but even at that the Texans have a fantastic running game with two elite backs this season. Ben Tate has been a phenomenal backup to Arian Foster. The loss of Michael Turner for the Falcons is another reason to stay away from a game in which the under looks a decent bet.
                                                                      The reason Oakland have been doing well is because of their running game and Miami have one of the best run-stopping defenses in the league. I like Miami in this one.
                                                                      Suh is out and you fancy the Lions to hold the Saints? New Orleans are unbeaten at home and the Lions QB Stafford is having a 'mare since he broke his index finger and was forced to wear gloves. On top of that Kevin Smith who did a great job two weeks ago is a game time decision. I fancy the Saints to thump the Lions tonight.
                                                                      You gotta back the Packers in this one for sure. Even though they haven't look just as good in recent weeks they are still winning and unbeaten. The injuries on D could hurt them for sure and with Manning having a fantastic bunch of receivers things could possibly go very wrong in this one. The Giants looked awful last week though and I think Manning won't be given much time in the pocket with a very poor passing blocking line.
                                                                      This is crunch time of the season and the Steelers are likely to step it up now. I think their experience is a huge factor in this one and I think they are the one of the bets of the night at -6.5.
                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Tonight have done a medium sized punt on Greenbay -6.5 against NYGs

Comment

Was willing myself to back Carolina against Tampa but just couldn't. Just found out Freedman is out now. Carolina -2 it is so.

Comment

I really like Houston against my Falcons. We're overrated this year big time.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Have my big bet on the Saints with smaller bets on GB and the Steelers

Comment

#40
                                                                                I like NO -9 tonight for reasons EE stated and also because nobody in the league is playing as well as Drew Brees right now imo and without Suh I can see them moving the ball well against this weakened lions D...

Also GB laying less than a TD is decent value tonight but -7 is best available atm..

HOU game is a difficult one, one thing we know for sure is that Foster and Tate will see alot of the ball tonight. The HOU D done enough to hold on last week against the Jags but can't see them stopping this ATL offence tbh. One interesting point though is that this line opened -1 and has held strong despite almost all the public money being on the ATL side, looks to me like the books are taking a position on this one!

My other bets for the night is Jets -3, need a win and can see Sanchez putting in a good performance here to get the fans off his back! Also DEN +1 TEBOW!!!
                                                                                Last edited by boba_fett3099; 04-12-11, 18:30.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Yeah like this one too, TB can't stop the run and the QB is making his first start since 2009 apparently..

Edit: CAR I mean..
                                                                                  Last edited by boba_fett3099; 04-12-11, 18:31.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Steelers seems a lock now 21-0

Comment

#43
                                                                                      both teams are unreliable though plus boba's 0-12 stat is super sick

my bets for weekend
                                                                                      atlanta, miami, denver, new england, carolina, ny jets, san fran and new orleans - avoiding the rest
                                                                                      Only Atlanta let me down, had most of my money on carolina denver(straight up) and new york jets -3(2.15 odds looked great)
                                                                                      Good day yipee
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        What do we make of this weeks action.

I fancy Denver, Miami, San Diego and Pittsburgh

Also on u48 in the Patriots game, u41 in the Colts/Ravens, u36.5 in the Jets/Kansas game.

Think Ill stay away from the Saints this week at -4 on the road to the Titans.

Also on an aside have my big bet of the week on Leinster -4.

Comment

#45

Also on u48 in the Patriots game, u41 in the Colts/Ravens, u36.5 in the Jets/Kansas game.

Havent looked at it too much but i could not be backing Denver this week due to the Tebow affect and the public are starting to bet Denver. I like to be against the public as much as possible. Although he has got God on his side and he is tough to beat.

Hate backing unders in any Pats game as a general rule as any time i do there is a cricket score.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I don't know what the spread is in the Miami Philly game but Vick is supposed to be back starting this week so fancy Eagles to put up a good show so think it'll be pretty close. Others look good. Just cant wait to watch Giants Cowboys on Sun night, should be a cracker

Comment

#47

Nice call on the Steelers - big ben showed some metal coming out for the second half. Its always hard to call a steelers/browns game. On the other games;

I dont mind the Denver bet. Iv already stated that Tebow is God awful but denver have momentum and more importantly matt ford and Jay cutler are out for the bears. Motivation will be high in denver with a playoff spot on the cards.

Wouldnt touch miami/eagles with a barge poll way too close to call

Im really looking forward to the Saints/Titans games - Brees is leading the NFL in passing yards this season and is on track to break all sorts of records. In saying that the Titans have argueable one of the best secondaries in the league. Im still plugging for the saints but a lot will depend on brees as always

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                Nice call on the Steelers - big ben showed some metal coming out for the second half. Its always hard to call a steelers/browns game. On the other games;

I dont mind the Denver bet. Iv already stated that Tebow is God awful but denver have momentum and more importantly matt ford and Jay cutler are out for the bears. Motivation will be high in denver with a playoff spot on the cards.

Wouldnt touch miami/eagles with a barge poll way too close to call

Im really looking forward to the Saints/Titans games - Brees is leading the NFL in passing yards this season and is on track to break all sorts of records. In saying that the Titans have argueable one of the best secondaries in the league. Im still plugging for the saints but a lot will depend on brees as always
                                                                                                The steelers where -14 i think so that would be a lose. The pats v the redskins is an interesting one, the line opened at -9 and 90 percent of the money has come for the pats and the line has moved to -7.5 which means the shrewd money is coming for the redskins.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Actually haven't looked forward to a game all season as much as I am the giants cowboys game. It has the makings of being spectacular

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Stand out bet this weekend for me is San Diego -7 at home to the Bills.

The Bills are in freefall. After starting the season with a 4-1 record they've lost the last 5 on the bounce.

Their best offensive player, Fred Jackson, is out for the season and their defence has shipped an average of 31 pts in the last 4 games.

Their play off chances have all but gone after last weeks defeat and the last thing they want would be to have to travel across the whole country to play the Chargers.

The Chargers have been awful this year but broke their 6 game losing streak against the Jags last week. I know the Jags are piss poor but the Chargers offence looked like the offence of old. They scored 38 pts and Rivers probably had his best game of the season.

It was the first game in a long time where Floyd, Gates and Jackson all started and Rivers had a field day because of it. Matthews had a huge game on the ground and every time I see him he gets better. If he can stay healthy I think he is a top 5 running back in the league imo. Him and Tolbert are a pretty good tandom.

They are still well in the hunt for their division and this is a must win game.

Can see the chargers finishing the season with their usual strong run and Rivers is 23-2 in the month of December. Fancy them to score 30+ pts against a demoralised Bills who will not be able to keep up with the Chargers offence with all their starters back.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      I've had a hard on all week for the 4/7 New Orleans to beat the Titans.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                        I've had a hard on all week for the 4/7 New Orleans to beat the Titans.
                                                                                                        not at that price imo

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Steelers were -14 so was a loss on that bet, had the unders too though so lost small.

I know I said I was staying away from the Saints this week but might now be able to resist come 5.30
                                                                                                          Last edited by Downtown; 11-12-11, 12:44.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            I thought they'd be 1/3. They are destroying teams at the moment, possibly the form team in the NFL in the last month.
                                                                                                            I take your point on the Titans secondary but that reputation has been earned against inferior weapons than they will meet tonight and if they have to mix it and keep it on the floor then a certain Mr Sprools is there to keep them guessing. I just can't see them being outscored.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Have a small treble on Eagles +3, Saints -3, and 49ers -4 for some interest today

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
                                                                                                                12/15 8:25 ET At Atlanta -12.5 Jacksonville 42.5
                                                                                                                12/17 8:20 ET Dallas -6.5 At Tampa Bay 47
                                                                                                                12/18 1:00 ET At NY Giants -7 Washington 46.5
                                                                                                                12/18 1:00 ET Green Bay -13.5 At Kansas City 46
                                                                                                                12/18 1:00 ET New Orleans -6.5 At Minnesota 51.5
                                                                                                                12/18 1:00 ET At Chicago -3.5 Seattle 35.5
                                                                                                                12/18 1:00 ET At Buffalo PK Miami 42
                                                                                                                12/18 1:00 ET At Houston -6.5 Carolina 45
                                                                                                                12/18 1:00 ET Tennessee -6.5 At Indianapolis 41
                                                                                                                12/18 1:00 ET Cincinnati -6.5 At St. Louis 40
                                                                                                                12/18 4:05 ET Detroit -1 At Oakland 47.5
                                                                                                                12/18 4:15 ET New England -6.5 At Denver 46
                                                                                                                12/18 4:15 ET At Philadelphia -3 NY Jets 44
                                                                                                                12/18 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 Cleveland 37.5
                                                                                                                12/18 8:30 ET Baltimore -2.5 At San Diego 44.5

Monday Night Football Line
                                                                                                                12/19 8:35 ET At San Francisco -3 Pittsburgh 39.5

Anything stick out for anyone?

Think the Cowboys at -6.5 is the standout bet.
                                                                                                                Also looking at the Jets +3 v Eagles. Chargers at home and on a good win streak might be value at +2.5. Atlanta v Jags could be worth a bet at -12.5 tonight too.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  NO and Pats both @ -6/5 for me

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
                                                                                                                    12/15 8:25 ET At Atlanta -12.5 Jacksonville 42.5
                                                                                                                    12/17 8:20 ET Dallas -6.5 At Tampa Bay 47 Like -6.5
                                                                                                                    12/18 1:00 ET At NY Giants -7 Washington 46.5
                                                                                                                    12/18 1:00 ET Green Bay -13.5 At Kansas City 46
                                                                                                                    12/18 1:00 ET New Orleans -6.5 At Minnesota 51.5
                                                                                                                    12/18 1:00 ET At Chicago -3.5 Seattle 35.5
                                                                                                                    12/18 1:00 ET At Buffalo PK Miami 42
                                                                                                                    12/18 1:00 ET At Houston -6.5 Carolina 45
                                                                                                                    12/18 1:00 ET Tennessee -6.5 At Indianapolis 41
                                                                                                                    12/18 1:00 ET Cincinnati -6.5 At St. Louis 40
                                                                                                                    12/18 4:05 ET Detroit -1 At Oakland 47.5
                                                                                                                    12/18 4:15 ET New England -6.5 At Denver 46
                                                                                                                    12/18 4:15 ET At Philadelphia -3 NY Jets 44
                                                                                                                    12/18 4:15 ET At Arizona -6.5 Cleveland 37.5
                                                                                                                    12/18 8:30 ET Baltimore -2.5 At San Diego 44.5

Monday Night Football Line
                                                                                                                    12/19 8:35 ET At San Francisco -3 Pittsburgh 39.5

Anything stick out for anyone?

Think the Cowboys at -6.5 is the standout bet.
                                                                                                                    Also looking at the Jets +3 v Eagles. Chargers at home and on a good win streak might be value at +2.5. Atlanta v Jags could be worth a bet at -12.5 tonight too.
                                                                                                                    Cowboys are on a mission as are the giants, Eli has been on fire. both to beat the spread

Indy to put up a fight against titans and this could be the week, I would take the + points if its over 5.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                      NO and Pats both @ -6/5 for me
                                                                                                                      Got some money on my Paddy Power a/c and as a complete noob to gambling could someone explain handicap betting to me? I dont understand the -6.5 and +6.5 next to the team names. See it in soccer too.

Stupid question but needed to ask.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        At the minute I like the look of the chargers getting a start.
                                                                                                                        I think Indy have a chance this week too but don't know if I'll back them.
                                                                                                                        I think Atlanta will Slam the Jags tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X