X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Hey, [immediate sidenote: was emailing a guy called Professor Hey yesterday and desperately wanted to start the message as Hey Hey, but decided not to push the button as he must get 100 messages like that every day], can't remember if I asked this before but I have a laptop that is highly annoying me. It has all the previous work's restrictions on it to protect against new software being installed without admin privileges. Even the BIOS is password protected (is that a significant thing? Maybe its not. These are just computer-sounding words that google searches threw up).

I'm fairly certain the laptop is mine as I bought it using a personal research fund, but am not a 100% certain, so can't really go back to the previous IT people to ask for the admin password.

Every file is in dropbox, so nothing would be lost by wiping the whole laptop. But how do I do that and is it guaranteed to work no matter the admin restrictions? Maybe load a windows ISO on a cd and bootload it as a clean install? Not really 100% sure what those words just typed actually mean.

You have admin pw? Turn off bios password, wipe pc with a new OS, done. Or else remove the software that is putting the restrictions in place.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Gull bull, more proof that Kerry is different

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                Anyone hear the David Walsh interview on off the ball last night? Don't really follow cycling,but from anything I've read since he was embedded with Sky it seems like he has gone native
                Yeah, it was an odd interview, and I thought he came off poorly in it. He seemed more interested in needlessly arguing with Ger Gilroy (who I think is an excellent interviewer) than anything else. I don't follow cycling much anymore either nor do I understand the Sky story, but Walsh didn't add much in that interview.

Link is still up: http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off...hlights/98484/

Comment

16, that's right, just 16 days left to get into the most anticipated, talked about, electrifying, energising, hair raising, fist pumping, blood pressure rising, IPB EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!!

Join the Fantasy Football League and you too could be as happy as this little tyke!

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

So while I'm on leave from work following surgery, the company I work for has been acquired by Japanese overlords. The question now is, will my keycard work when I go back next week?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...erry-1.2293784
                      It's wild country.

I am Kerry like my mother before me,
                      And my mother's mother and her man.
                      Now I sit on an office stool remembering,
                      And the memory of them like a fan
                      Soothes the embers into flame.
                      I am Kerry and proud of my name.

My heart is looped around the rutted hills,
                      That shoulder the stars out of the sky,
                      And about the wasp-yellow fields,
                      And the strands where kelp-streamers lie;
                      Where, soft as lovers' Gaelic, the rain falls,
                      Sweeping into silver the lacy mountain walls.

My grandfather tended the turf fire,
                      And, leaning backward into legend,spoke,
                      Of doings old before quills inked history.
                      I saw dark heroes fighting in the smoke,
                      Diarmuid dead inside his Iveragh cave,
                      And Deirdrie caoining[keening] upon Naoise's grave.

I see the wise face now with its hundred wrinkles,
                      And every wrinkle held a thousand tales,
                      Of Finn and Oscar and Conawn Maol,
                      And sea-proud Niall whose conquering sails,
                      Raiding France for slaves and wine,
                      Brought Patrick to mind Milchu's swine.

I should have put a noose about the throat of time,
                      And choked the passing of the hob-nailed years,
                      And stayed young always, shouting in the hills,
                      Where life held only fairy fears,
                      When I was young my feet were bare,
                      But I drove cattle to the fair.

'Twas thus I lived, skin to skin with the earth,
                      Elbowed by the hills, drenched by the billows,
                      Watching the wild geese making black wedges,
                      By Skelligs far west and Annascaul of the willows.
                      Their voices came on every little wind,
                      Whispering across the half-door of the mind,
                      For always I am Kerry...

Comment

No, absolutely zero admin rights, can't install anything, even bios is password protected
                        Gonna have to do one of these then, then wipe os:
                        An easy-to-follow guide on resetting a BIOS password if you've forgotten itThis wikiHow teaches you how to reset your Windows computer's BIOS password. You can do this by trying a master BIOS reset password, or you can attempt to remove...

EDIT: think there is software that may do it, if you look up bypassing bios pw
                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-07-15, 09:55.

Comment

Don't anyone worry, the EPL predictions competition will be having its launch night soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...erry-1.2293784
                            I killed a seagull at about 5:20am on Monday morning... One of the big ones.

I was driving down the M50 and it came down almost vertically into the road to get a dead rat or something. It was too late for me to do anything. It made a big bang.

It saw me coming at the last moment and tried to fly up so the front of the jeep just below the bonnet hit it.

It didn't bounce off. The body was stuck to the front of the car. I considered continuing my journey like that but it seemed a bit... brutal? I pulled into one of the safe spots on the hard shoulder thinking it would fall off when I slowed down... it didn't. It flopped off the bonnet but it was still hanging on the front of the jeep.

Its head was stuck in tight in the grill on the front. I got disposable gloves from the back of the car but it was pretty stuck... I tried a metal tool I had in the car but I couldn't get it in behind the head.

In the end I just had to grab it's neck tight and wiggle it until it came free. When I pulled it to the right the beak opened. When I pulled it to the left the beak closed again. It was a little freaky... and still warm.

Strange morning...

It did a bit of damage to the grill but nothing too serious once I got it all clipped back into place and the feathers and blood removed.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on latex vs memory foam vs pocket springs for a quality mattress? Is, say, €1,000 a lot / not enough, to get something decent?
                                  Only bought two mattresses this week.

Bought what seems to be a very decent 'pocket spring with latex layer on top' one from IKEA, this will be for the main bedroom: http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/70301702/

Currently sleeping on it sans bed frame (to be delivered this weekend hopefully) and is very comfortable though I'll admit to not being very picky about these kinds of things, find it easy to sleep if tired!

We also bought a Silentnight memory foam mattress from Big Mickey.ie (loads of good things written about him on boards.ie) for €150 to go onto the bed in the guest room, again haven't opened it up yet as the bed has not been put together but it is supposed to be fine for infrequent use.

After doing the research it seems clear that the more you spend, the better you'll get and that spring mattresses are in general far better than memory foam ones, all reflected in the price you pay.

Comment

9/2 odds on us dollar not reaching parity with euro in 2015 or 2016. Seems like phenomenally good odds. Guess they've made a mistake there.
                                    Gis a scenario that it happens in?

Edit - misread. Didn't see the 'not'!

Comment

How do you get rid of old mattresses when you buy a new one?
                                      Is it like with electrical goods where the delivery man takes the old one?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Don't anyone worry, the EPL predictions competition will be having its launch night soon.
                                        You buying WW advertising space again this year?

Comment

Whats with all the seagull hate happening all of a sudden?

Gulls are good m'kay.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Calls for some good ol skip huntin
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Yeah, or at least did with me this month.

@Hitch apparently the memory foam mattresses retain heat which can make them uncomfortably hot for some. I think latex ones are less problematic for heat, but still more so than spring.

As Big Mickey said to me "Mattresses are the biggest racket out there". When I was testing them out I couldn't distinguish between most of them by lying down for 5 or so minutes. I think the only aspect I could discriminate between was firmness. Difficult to switch off the more expensive = feels better psychological filter though, and I bought the most expensive one in the shop.

Comment

Lads, mattress mick on our own door step and instead you are travelling the country in search of Mickey. For shame.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I have a memory foam mattress and find it amazing fwiw

Comment

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                      Lads, mattress mick on our own door step and instead you are travelling the country in search of Mickey. For shame.
                                                      I was told something recently about a certain colourful figure and a certain "accidental" fire at a place he had and a certain insurance claim.

Anyway, are we all joining our newest party Identity Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                        are we all joining our newest party Identity Ireland?
                                                        Some twerp from Carlow on the radio this morning was trying to sell it was funnier than any breakfast sitcom.
                                                        If they had gone down to the nearest rank and interviewed some random Irish taxi driver you would have got a more coherent vision of why we should leave the EU, print punts and close our borders.

Edit

LOL
                                                        Party Leader Peter O’Loughlin, who is an unemployed primary school teacher
                                                        Unless he is a kid who has never landed a job yet it takes a fair bit of special to be a male primary teacher and be unemployed. Whatever the reason he hasn't landed a job he has just made himself 100% unemployable
                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 23-07-15, 13:20.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Great read. Say goodbye to your work day!

http://www.futuretimeline.net/
                                                          cliffs

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            I was told something recently about a certain colourful figure and a certain "accidental" fire at a place he had and a certain insurance claim.

Anyway, are we all joining our newest party Identity Ireland?
                                                            Perhaps it was a fire sale?
                                                            Interested in the juicy deets now.

Comment

Smashed my Oneplus One screen on a fucking golf course. It dropped out out of my pocket on part of the .0001% that isn't grass. Grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                cliffs
                                                                All the good stuff happens after we die.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Whatever the reason he hasn't landed a job
                                                                    Multiculturalism obv.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      on a fucking golf course.
                                                                      Now that's an interesting concept. Who says Tiger is finished?

Comment

top notch mattress knowledge on here. cheers each and all. probably not going to help with those furniture spam ads though on reflection.
                                                                        ikea. some great mattresses. good selection at all prices

Comment

top notch mattress knowledge on here. cheers each and all. probably not going to help with those furniture spam ads though on reflection.
                                                                          They haven't been an issue of late thanks to a tweak made.

BBV-ed it now obv

Comment

Some twerp from Carlow on the radio this morning was trying to sell it was funnier than any breakfast sitcom.
                                                                            If they had gone down to the nearest rank and interviewed some random Irish taxi driver you would have got a more coherent vision of why we should leave the EU, print punts and close our borders.

Edit

LOL

Unless he is a kid who has never landed a job yet it takes a fair bit of special to be a male primary teacher and be unemployed. Whatever the reason he hasn't landed a job he has just made himself 100% unemployable
                                                                            Looked at there site and some stuff makes sense.
                                                                            Proper border and deportation policies are a bedrock of successful societies
                                                                            Return of full border control from the European Union
                                                                            An end to mass immigration and a return to natural controlled immigration
                                                                            Zero tolerance approach towards demands to alter national life, culture and traditions to accommodate minority held beliefs and cultures.
                                                                            Economic migrants must be capable of supporting themselves when looking for work. If migrants become incapable of supporting themselves they should be offered short term social assistance depending on how long they have worked (if they have worked). Once this ends they should be deported.
                                                                            Only citizens should be able to access full social assistance
                                                                            Immediate deportation of all illegal and criminal migrants

Mass immigration creates greater competition for scarce employment, puts pressure on social systems and can create cultural division and conflict.
                                                                            Identity Ireland aims to return to a system of natural controlled immigration which is practiced by most of the countries of the world as this is the best policy for our society.

If you commit a crime then you should be shipped back home hard to disagree with that.
                                                                            Its not racist to have a sensible immigration policy.
                                                                            Australia Canada United States all have this.

We believe that the protection of citizens comes before the rights of criminals
                                                                            Standard sentencing introduced across the board
                                                                            Introduction of community service for non-serious offences
                                                                            Two strike rule for the most serious offences
                                                                            Prisoners work while incarcerated to offset cost of incarceration
                                                                            Investment of money saved on prison costs invested into frontline Garda services especially in vulnerable rural areas
                                                                            Introduction of measures to tackle anti-social behaviour

Irelands’ jails are being filled by those who have failed to pay fines while criminals often with over a hundred convictions are free to engage in criminal activity. Irelands sentencing system is also extremely haphazard.
                                                                            Identity Ireland aims to readjust the criminal justice system to ensure that those who are a danger to society remain incarcerated and that fair sentences are handed out across the board. Identity Ireland will ensure that no area of the country is left vulnerable to criminality due to lack of Gardaí

The law and order think seems about right as well.

Economy.

Jobs and prosperity can only be created by retaking full control of our economy
                                                                            Return to the punt
                                                                            Regain control over all natural resources
                                                                            Strong investment in primary industry
                                                                            Creation of new export markets in countries such as China, Brazil to absorb increased productivity
                                                                            Build three new pumped-hydro storage dams to slash cost of energy and imports and create jobs.
                                                                            Scrapping of austerity measures such as U.S.C. and water charges funded by increased economic activity
                                                                            Creation of citizens bonds to help fund recovery. Bonds only available to those living in Ireland. This way dividends paid out will be spent in the Irish economy.
                                                                            Slash the cost of government and end all unnecessary and wasteful quangos
                                                                            Roll out high speed broadband nationwide

Ireland possesses an underdeveloped primary economy with strong potential for productive growth. In order to unleash this potential Ireland must first of all regain complete control over its economic affairs including our currency and our resources.

Identity Ireland will invest in the underdeveloped areas of our primary economy in order to not only create jobs and extra taxes but also to regenerate rural Ireland and end mass emigration. Increased productivity will lead to a greater tax take and will allow us end all austerity measures.
                                                                            Economy stuff is bit bananas all right.

Europe.
                                                                            We gave up our soverign status when we cap hand had to be bailed out
                                                                            Thin the europe policies are shocking poor as well.

A complete return of sovereignty to Ireland from the E.U.

The creation of a new Europe of sovereign, co-operating nation states

Abandonment of the Euro and return to the punt

An end to European Union policies which attempt to undermine national sovereignty and identity through multiculturalism and mass immigration.

The modern E.U. which replaced the old European Community has helped wreak havoc on the European continent through a combination of terrible economic policies, terrible social policies and unaccountable, autocratic eurocrats.

Identity Ireland wants to return to a Europe of co-operation and end the autocratic rule of the modern E.U. which has helped bring Europe to its knees and created conflict and division right across the continent.

In fairness some of the policies seem ok others a re a joke but they will probably be branded some type of nazi party.
                                                                            I think secretly there is a level of support for a party like this but you certainly wont have people admitting it.
                                                                            In times of hardship history has proved that alienated members of society will vote support for policies politics outside of the norm.
                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 23-07-15, 14:01.

Comment

WW 47 sign up http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=21028

In yis get.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Whats with all the seagull hate happening all of a sudden?

Gulls are good m'kay.
                                                                                    No hate here...

I just don't like talking about the bit where it looked appealingly up at me as it realised what was inevitable...

Rest its sole...

Comment

How long does a provisional license last?

Comment

Cheerio Kane Douglas. We hardly knew ya! Hopefully the freed up money will mean Leinster signing a quality player.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2015/...-kane-douglas/

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                                                                          I killed a seagull at about 5:20am on Monday morning... One of the big ones.

I was driving down the M50 and it came down almost vertically into the road to get a dead rat or something. It was too late for me to do anything. It made a big bang.

It saw me coming at the last moment and tried to fly up so the front of the jeep just below the bonnet hit it.

It didn't bounce off. The body was stuck to the front of the car. I considered continuing my journey like that but it seemed a bit... brutal? I pulled into one of the safe spots on the hard shoulder thinking it would fall off when I slowed down... it didn't. It flopped off the bonnet but it was still hanging on the front of the jeep.

Its head was stuck in tight in the grill on the front. I got disposable gloves from the back of the car but it was pretty stuck... I tried a metal tool I had in the car but I couldn't get it in behind the head.

In the end I just had to grab it's neck tight and wiggle it until it came free. When I pulled it to the right the beak opened. When I pulled it to the left the beak closed again. It was a little freaky... and still warm.

Strange morning...

It did a bit of damage to the grill but nothing too serious once I got it all clipped back into place and the feathers and blood removed.
                                                                                          I was collecting a hire car from shannon airport once when there was a tourist returning a car with exactly this - a bird about the size of a swan was hanging out of the front grill. The chap who inspects the car from minor scratches seemed a bit bemused!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                            How long does a provisional license last?
                                                                                            Called a learner permit now. Lasts 2 years. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              Called a learner permit now. Lasts 2 years. Congrats.
                                                                                              Play WW.

Comment

Yeah i got one like 10 years ago, never bothered getting a full license. Holding out on google driving for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                  Play WW.
                                                                                                  Can't. Usually unavailable to post between 9 am and 6pm so no good. Don't have Skype either. I'll be on the rail. GL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                    Yeah i got one like 10 years ago, never bothered getting a full license. Holding out on google driving for me.
                                                                                                    You didn't want to pass all those tests was just doing the lessons for the laugh ehhh

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                                                                                      No hate here...

I just don't like talking about the bit where it looked appealingly up at me as it realised what was inevitable...

Rest its sole...
                                                                                                      Oh that was an accident obv but everytime I turn on the radio this week I hear people moaning about seagulls

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                        Its not racist to have a sensible immigration policy.
                                                                                                        Australia Canada United States all have this.
                                                                                                        Of course it is not, unless your immigration policy happens to actually be racist.
                                                                                                        Europe has a sensible immigration policy.

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                        I think secretly there is a level of support for a party like this but you certainly wont have people admitting it.
                                                                                                        Nothing secret about it, 930 or 1.4% of the people who voted in Carlow Kilkenny voted for him.

Comment

Oh that was an accident obv but everytime I turn on the radio this week I hear people moaning about seagulls
                                                                                                          when they land one on your head, you are perfectly entitled to hate them!!

Although saying that it does make you appreciate how lucky we are that cows don't fly.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                            You didn't want to pass all those tests was just doing the lessons for the laugh ehhh
                                                                                                            No mandatory lessons back then! Was literally turn up and answer stupid easy questions.
                                                                                                            If it is not safe to overtake...do you A) overtake

I did lie and say I had a forklift licence to get a job, blagged out of driving the forklift a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                              Can't. Usually unavailable to post between 9 am and 6pm so no good. Don't have Skype either. I'll be on the rail. GL.
                                                                                                              all the action is after 6pm anyway, 9am-6pm is just filler
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Apparently a woman with fake boobs and plastic ass rapping about letting a guy fuck her because he sells cocaine is actually a feminist role model, who knew?

Comment

Fairly touched looking bunch of lads.
                                                                                                                  Do think more of these kind of groups will keep popping up as long as mainstream politicians keep running a mile from questions of immigration policy.

Comment

Apparently a woman with fake boobs and plastic ass rapping about letting a guy fuck her because he sells cocaine is actually a feminist role model, who knew?
                                                                                                                    This is an actual verse.

This dude named Michael used to ride motorcycles
                                                                                                                    Dick bigger than a tower, I ain't talking about Eiffel's
                                                                                                                    Real country ass nigga, let me play with his rifle
                                                                                                                    Pussy put his ass to sleep, now he calling me NyQuil
                                                                                                                    Now that bang bang bang,
                                                                                                                    I let him hit it 'cause he slang Cocaine
                                                                                                                    He toss my salad like his name Romaine
                                                                                                                    And when we done, I make him buy me Balmain
                                                                                                                    I'm on some dumb shit

Comment

[IMG]
                                                                                                                      Do think more of these kind of groups will keep popping up as long as mainstream politicians keep running a mile from questions of immigration policy.
                                                                                                                      Schoolteachers like Aine Ni Chonail have been at this shit picking up a handful of votes for a long time already, not much room for anyone but centre right getting votes in Irish politics, thankfully in this case.

Comment

Seagulls you say ?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Speith would have been an nice little earner in the Open (no one ever complains about an aftertiming loss) . This kid is amazing for a 21 year Old. Looking forward to the PGA, hope Rory is back for a rivalry (at last)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X