50nl: tpgk oop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50nl: tpgk oop

villian playing 21/16 with an att to steal of 34 over 100 or so hands. mp and sb are both very fishy.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($58.50)
    CO ($34.55)
    Button ($49.75)
    SB ($62.70)
    Hero (BB) ($55.85)
    UTG ($68.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q
    2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Button bets $2.50, SB calls $2.25, Hero calls $2, CO calls $2

Flop: ($10) 4, K, 4 (4 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Button raises to $7, 1 fold, Hero calls $7, 1 fold

Turn: ($25.50) 5 (2 players)
    Hero checks, Button bets $15,

Do you just give up on the turn?
    thoughts on flatting the flop?

Yeah I'd probably give up now, I'd lead the flop with two passive fish in the hand though. I'd flat his raise on the flop as played, its marginal enough though because we're oop and the fish is still to act and that sucks but the fishes bet is pretty much always nothing and induces raises from a huge amount of hands and we don't expect to get barrelled much on the turn so I'd take the same line after the check
    Last edited by Sledgejammer; 02-02-10, 18:32.
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I give up now unless I know he is vv aggro.

I think there is a case for squeezing it pre.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
        Yeah I'd probably give up now, I'd lead the flop with two passive fish in the hand though. I'd flat his raise on the flop as played, its marginal enough though because we're oop and the fish is still to act and that sucks but the fishes bet is pretty much always nothing and induces raises from a huge amount of hands and we don't expect to get barrelled much on the turn so I'd take the same line after the check
        ya i think i like a donk bet here alright. As played my hand on the flop is pretty face up.

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
        I give up now unless I know he is vv aggro.

I think there is a case for squeezing it pre.
        I was going to squeeze pre but wanted to keep the fish in the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
          ya i think i like a donk bet here alright. As played my hand on the flop is pretty face up.
          It is and it isn't, you occasionally have 4x which you'd probably flat here with the fish around, but villain still isn't slowing down so I fold here
          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
            I was going to squeeze pre but wanted to keep the fish in the pot.

I want to squeeze to isolate the fish in the pot

Comment

Even fish struggle to call a wide range after a 5x raise and a 3 bet before it gets back to them I think

Comment

Pre-flop is probably fine, though i would regularly squeeze in this spot depending on stats.

I find your play on the flop really confusing/bad. Like many others who have responded, I like a donk bet here above all else. As you played it, out of position, I think this is a clear spot to either fold right there or 3bet/call. You seem to have no plan for the turn given your check, but i suppose the best line now is to c/c turn and river, although I'd hate myself for playing the hand so passively.

The only redeeming feature from the flop play is that your hand is hugely over-represented to a good thinking villain. Did this enter your thought-process at all? To be honest, it probably shouldn't at 50NL unless you know villain well/have history/have stats over a good sample.

EDIT: You also say, "do you just give up on the turn?". The answer is ,as played, def not... villain is probably/should be betting his entire range here. It's c/c or c/r time.
                Last edited by Alfie; 06-02-10, 16:53.

Comment

I think squeezing is not good at all. Really way prefer flatting. The fish are a mitigating factor here, but I just way prefer to call with this hand.
                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                    I think squeezing is not good at all. Really way prefer flatting. The fish are a mitigating factor here, but I just way prefer to call with this hand.
                    how do you play this on the flop tg?

Comment

I would have donk lead here too but seeing as you just called, i would also call the turn bet and c/f river shove. He will check back most of his Kx hands (sometime nearly all - what are his river aggressions stats like?). If he jams the River he mostly has AA, AK or KQ min or else he filled up on Turn or already had the 4.

I suppose it really depends how much history you have with the villian and how he sees you.

Comment

Eh I prefer to squeeze pre, its surely the best play. You can get HU with the SB a lot, BU's range should be pretty wide anyway, esp given the poster. Unless the poster(CO) is also a huge fish, in which case I don't mind the flat. But if that's the case, you should be leading the flop a lot here as button should not be bluffing too often with 2 fish in the pot.
                        I think you can give up this turn(flop is prob close unless CO has been donk-folding a ton) unless he is a spewtard.

Comment

Working...
                        X