1st of 2 hands CPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st of 2 hands CPT

Full table, Blinds 500/1000. I'm playing 30k. Crazy table but I have tight image. Only history against villian is when he raised and I called on the button with JJ and got it all in on a QJ9JX board when he had 99. He took his rebuy and now has about 24k.

Folded to me in MP and I raise to 3k with AKos. BB is only caller. Flop is 10 8 4 rainbow. He leads for 4k, I call. Turn is 9 and he leads for 4k again and I call. River is a 2 no flush on board, he checks and I shove for around 18k.

tbh I think I would be called here a lot so my shove on the river is probably bad/terrible but any thoughts welcome.

meh i see this line a lot online when villains are holding a weak pp and their trying to find out "where they are at".

if you think he'll fold the shove is fine - the fact that he still has a playable stack after folding makes this +EV I think

If hes a station Id just check behind

Comment

Whole hand looks terrible. Why call on the flop? And the turn? You're not repping anything on the river either. I don't see him folding a T at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
        Whole hand looks terrible. Why call on the flop? And the turn? You're not repping anything on the river either. I don't see him folding a T at all.
        Yeah, It's something I don't do very often as I think most players see right through it. It's a stubborn/fishy play I thought was pretty much gone from my game but I was surprised to find myself at the river facing a check and then the red mist made me shove. If I was the villain there I would be check calling.

He folded and I almost laughed out loud at the absurdity of the whole thing.

Comment

Id take your line with an overpair there almost 100% of time.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
            Id take your line with an overpair there almost 100% of time.
            Really? I would be defo raising the turn tbh.

Comment

Why?
              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Why?
                Because we generally want to force opponents to put in chips when they are behind.
                Why would you raise JJ-AA preflop, and then not raise on the flop or turn

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  Because we generally want to force opponents to put in chips when they are behind.
                  Why would you raise JJ-AA preflop, and then not raise on the flop or turn
                  Because if hes happy to barrell off i want to let him, theres less than a pot size bet to go in, i prefer flatting.

Comment

Because if hes happy to barrell off i want to let him, theres less than a pot size bet to go in, i prefer flatting.
                    Well obviously he isn't happy to barrel off as he didn't bet the river??
                    And as for the fact there is less than a PSB, I'd rather get this in one the turn. Why give the free card? The bet would be 13k into 35k. And we do better against his calling range on the turn than the river.

Comment

Well obviously he isn't happy to barrel off as he didn't bet the river??
                      And as for the fact there is less than a PSB, I'd rather get this in one the turn. Why give the free card? The bet would be 13k into 35k. And we do better against his calling range on the turn than the river.
                      We dont know what hes going to do on the river on the turn obviously.

Because he more than likely has little equity so i dont really care.
                      We do the exact same against his calling range imo.

Comment

We dont know what hes going to do on the river on the turn obviously.

Because he more than likely has little equity so i dont really care.
                        We do the exact same against his calling range imo.
                        I know we don't know what he does on the river. Your the one who said he barrels off not me, I got said get it on the turn

And he folds missed draws on the river imo, he also calls he he bingos a shitty two pair

Comment

Yeah when he fires flop and turn there is a good chance he wil shove river, i want to give him that opportunity.

He can also bluff missed draws on the river.

Comment

I'd prefer shoving turn to calling anyway I think.

Depending on what you think he donks with, and if he can fold any of it, I prefer a flop shove. He'd need to be donking a fair few small pairs and straight draws to make that OK though.

I'd also raise a little smaller preflop.
                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I know I played it like a bluff, so for that reason It was a bad play. The fact it got through was down to the opponent.

Ok, like the other hand I posted this is another very standard/common spot.
                              Is it too weak to just fold when he leads?
                              Do you just shove over the lead on the flop?
                              Do you float the flop and shove the turn whether he leads or not?
                              Or give up on the turn if no ace or K hits?

Comment

It's not too weak to give up is you know you're beaten, also raising earlier will cost you less

Comment

It's not too weak to give up is you know you're beaten, also raising earlier will cost you less
                                  given that the eff stacks are 24k to start the hand we can't really raise fold the flop like villain has 17k left after donking the flop and the pot is currently 14.5k before we act. I think that raising the flop is okayish if he can donk fold some of the time but we absolutely can't raise fold

Comment

Can you clarify this. Not sure what you mean by raise earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by scouser in dub View Post
                                      given that the eff stacks are 24k to start the hand we can't really raise fold the flop like villain has 17k left after donking the flop and the pot is currently 14.5k before we act. I think that raising the flop is okayish if he can donk fold some of the time but we absolutely can't raise fold
                                      Where did I say raise fold?
                                      I said folding was overly weak if we were beaten. The OP appear to want to fight for the hand as he raise PF and had the best hand PF. this is a bad attitude in general
                                      By raising earlier will cost less, I mean as in the total invested. So the villian has more behind and is more likely to fold. imo any raise is an essentially an all-in

Comment

sorry my bad thanks for the clarification

Comment

Working...
                                        X