The New Year's Quitters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Year's Quitters Thread

Thought we might have a log for lads who've quit something / taken up something as part of the oul New Year's buzz.

I'm off the drink and subsequently all smoking for a few weeks at least, maybe even stretch it to a few months, and seriously cutting down on the booze after my "comeback".

Also planning on dropping another 8kg, and improve my general health after the last 2 weeks has been a huge setback!

Getting back to Scotland on Saturday, so gym routine will be very easy to slide back into I hope. Mon Wed Fri/Sat of stronglifts 5x5 and then will be cycling plenty over the rest of the week for the dreaded cardio.

Gonna post a few study goals/achievements as they come through too.
    Might even start trying to post a poker log too, but that's severely on the backburners to the other goals.

Off the drink for awhile, mostly cos i'm smashed, smokes hopefully gone for good
    gym is picking up due to being off work till 10th

Comment

No booze for 8 months easssssyyyyyyyyyy.

Comment

No booze for Jan* (except 1 maybe 2 glasses of wine on 22nd).
        No backing horses until Cheltenham festival.

Have not played poker online or live since Aug 09.

*If I get through Jan I will seriously consider Feb as well and so on.

Comment

I plan to lose in 2011

My Mind,
          My Patience,
          My Control
          My Soberity (frequently)
          Several socks, pleks, the remote control, 5 euro notes (that will turn up in some receipt or other) my cartlidge,
          and finally my grasp on reality as the madness finally takes hold. (refer back to my 1st point)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
            I plan to lose in 2011
            My Virginity
            My Mind,
            My Patience,
            My Control
            My Soberity (frequently)
            Several socks, pleks, the remote control, 5 euro notes (that will turn up in some receipt or other) my cartlidge,
            and finally my grasp on reality as the madness finally takes hold. (refer back to my 1st point)
            FYP
            I thought you were a 40 year old Virgin or did Ronnie Drew take it away

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
              FYP
              I thought you were a 40 year old Virgin or did Ronnie Drew take it away
              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYHEBa6Xx48"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYHEBa6Xx48[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                No booze for Jan* (except 1 maybe 2 glasses of wine on 22nd).
                No backing horses until Cheltenham festival.

Have not played poker online or live since Aug 09.

*If I get through Jan I will seriously consider Feb as well and so on.
                Quick update on this. Stayed off it til 22nd as agreed but the 1/2 glasses of wine turned into about 12 pints and 3 glasses of wine. Wasn't as sick as I thought on Sunday and didn't go for a cure. Off it now til at least 6th Feb. Might not sound like much but I like my few pints on Friday after work and Sunday afternoon.

As for the horses I didn't back anything last Sat if that counts !!!!!

Still no poker, prob the summer or maybe an IPB piss up before I play again.

Also have got back into the running last two weeks (after being injured) and slowly starting to get a bit of fitness back.

Comment

Working...
                X