No announcement yet.

Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Jim Wych better shut up, spouting 'stay in the moment' or 'Keep him in the present' ever two seconds. He's trying to get out as many cliches as possible

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
      Jaysus Hatch is brutal. He got his pick because he is loud and interacts with the crowd, doesn't matter that he can't play pool

Might as well have picked Will Smith

Comment

This doubles match should be a cracker on paper. Would pay good money to watch this first to 20

Comment

Barry Hearn caused all this US embarrassment by selecting the team. He better get out of Vegas

Comment

Barry Hearn caused all this US embarrassment by selecting the team. He better get out of Vegas
            Who else do they have, I've a vague memory from previous years of players like Mike Deschaine, Jeremy Jones, Shawn Putnam, Brandon Snuff and a few others and they were all equally terrible.

What little of the international tournaments I see for the rest of the year it seems to be only SVB who gets to last 32, + about 10 Europeans and 20 Asians.

Are there some other set of superstars that Barry Hearn is ignoring that I've never heard of either?

Comment

No really missing anyone, but the inclusion of Strickland is all about the TV. Here's the World and US tour rankings

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Who else do they have, I've a vague memory from previous years of players like Mike Deschaine, Jeremy Jones, Shawn Putnam, Brandon Snuff and a few others and they were all equally terrible.

What little of the international tournaments I see for the rest of the year it seems to be only SVB who gets to last 32, + about 10 Europeans and 20 Asians.

Are there some other set of superstars that Barry Hearn is ignoring that I've never heard of either?
                Simple answer No. SVB is the US Open Champion and by far the best player. But there are players of a certain ability, ranked far higher than Rodney Morris and Dennis Hatch ( who are washed up has beens who have absolutely no right to be on the 2013 edition) who deserve their place and in an ordinary year would be there. Strickland is included in that, he would never be there but for the fact he is 'the pearl'. Johnnie Archer barely plays at all any more, but I'd pick him purely because he has the best nickname in pool.

All in all it's like Van Boening turning up in some timewarp whereas, whilst missing the world champion, Europe are as strong as they could be. (Hohmann in for Souquet is the only mistake)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  No really missing anyone, but the inclusion of Strickland is all about the TV. Here's the World and US tour rankings

http://www.upatour.com/us-pro-pool-rankings/
                  Can't find the mosconi list for the USA, remember seeing it Round US open time cause SVB locked up top spot that week

Comment

All in all it's like Van Boening turning up in some timewarp whereas, whilst missing the world champion, Europe are as strong as they could be. (Hohmann in for Souquet is the only mistake)
                    It seems as if Europe could pick a second team which would be strong enough to win.
                    Theres regulars like Hohmann, Nick Van Der Berg, Melling and Peach, the Greek guy from last year, drag Chamat down from the audience and ask him not be completely terrible this time, and they'd probably win by as much.

Serious strength in depth and some turnaround in the last decade.

Comment

It seems as if Europe could pick a second team which would be strong enough to win.
                      Theres regulars like Hohmann, Nick Van Der Berg, Melling and Peach, the Greek guy from last year, drag Chamat down from the audience and ask him not be completely terrible this time, and they'd probably win by as much.

Serious strength in depth and some turnaround in the last decade.
                      Good old Fabio Petroni, Oliver Ortmann, Thomas Engert and Alex Lely, they might have 3 teams to beat these yanks

Comment

Cracking/nervous safety battle going on between Walden and Ding with 1 red left and Walden leading 5-4. Come on Ricky!

Edit - ughhh Walden played one of the worst shots i've ever seen trying to get from black to yellow with the frame at his mercy. Terrible
                        Last edited by Flushdraw; 04-12-13, 13:53.

Comment

New pair of pants required for Walden methinks. Ding got some run of the ball but should have been put away half an hour ago.
                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Cracking/nervous safety battle going on between Walden and Ding with 1 red left and Walden leading 5-4. Come on Ricky!

Edit - ughhh Walden played one of the worst shots i've ever seen trying to get from black to yellow with the frame at his mercy. Terrible
                            Really like Walden but his big failing over the years has been his bottle. He always struggles over the line. I thought when he finally won a ranking event he would kick on but not as ye

Fuck me Ding is as bad

Comment

Some bad play at the end of that frame. Nobody wanted it!

Comment

What's the over/under year on a chinese player winning the w/c?

Comment

Really like Walden but his big failing over the years has been his bottle. He always struggles over the line. I thought when he finally won a ranking event he would kick on but not as ye

Fuck me Ding is as bad
                                  I'm like you. Really think that if he holds it together and finds good form, he could be a much better player than he is. I had a sneaky bet on him yesterday when he was 5-3 up on Williams because i thought he was really overpriced at 66/1 to win the title. Not that i think he'll win it, but there could be a chance to make some money off it. Best priced 20/1 now

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    What's the over/under year on a chinese player winning the w/c?
                                    Excluding UK/Australia, Rest of the World is 4/1

Comment

6 zip to Ronnie in a little over an hour

Simply unbeatable in the form he was in tonight and a joy to watch.
                                      Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Joe Johnson tilts John Higgins - Higgins reacts

Four-time world champion John Higgins launched a remarkable, unprovoked attack on Joe Johnson and snooker's players-turned-commentators after his UK Championship win over Jamie Burnett.

Comment

Are you still sticking with 'Earls a sweetheart'?
                                          Absolutel cuntage of the highest order again tonight, I don't care if he manages to be pleasant for an hour or two in an exhibition.

Comment

Absolutel cuntage of the highest order again tonight, I don't care if he manages to be pleasant for an hour or two in an exhibition.
                                            What did he do? I missed it this evening

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                              What did he do? I missed it this evening
                                              Smashed his cue across Appletons back

Comment

It's all a show. But of a joke at this stage.

I'm predicting a debutant in next years Mosconi cup, Mick Hill, remember the name

Comment

It's all a show. But of a joke at this stage.

I'm predicting a debutant in next years Mosconi cup, Mick Hill, remember the name
                                                  His ship has sailed. You'll see Gareth Potts sooner

Comment

His ship has sailed. You'll see Gareth Potts sooner
                                                    Who Mick? No way, only took up 9 ball properly this season and won the UK Open this week. I don't see where his ship has gone

Comment

Who Mick? No way, only took up 9 ball properly this season and won the UK Open this week. I don't see where his ship has gone
                                                      Yeah, but Appleton and Boyes weren't there

Didn't realise there was a decent tournament on this week tbh. It's time for an England v Europe Mosconi Cup Part II.

Appleton, Melling, Boyes, Peach and your boy Hill. That doesn't even include the UK ranked 1 and 3 players Mark Gray and Phil Burford who i have to admit, i don't know much about.

Comment

Come on the Bing

Comment

Mick hill is some cueist alright. 9 ball is a tough game mentally though,tons of flukes and bad run involved. Seeing Chris Mellings Facebook updates,he is totally not cut out for 9 ball, always bemoaning his luck. The luck element is what makes it entertaining though is what he is missing, kinda like poker, if fish weren't able to suck out occasionally then there would be no incentive for them to play.
                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Bingers may rue that miss when 60 up against Ronnie here, himself and Hawkins prob the two that have benifited most from the busier circuit, they were both pretty much journeymen a few years ago.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Brainfart from Bingham not attempting to pot that red, or at least leave it hanging to eliminate the possibility of a free ball. He didn't do himself any favours playing a safety.

Comment

Yeah, but Appleton and Boyes weren't there

Didn't realise there was a decent tournament on this week tbh. It's time for an England v Europe Mosconi Cup Part II.

Appleton, Melling, Boyes, Peach and your boy Hill. That doesn't even include the UK ranked 1 and 3 players Mark Gray and Phil Burford who i have to admit, i don't know much about.

Comment

Come on Selby, 1 more frame!

Selby v Walden, and Robertson in the other semi would be a pretty decent result for me

Comment

Come on Selby, 1 more frame!

Selby v Walden, and Robertson in the other semi would be a pretty decent result for me
                                                                    On Selby in the outright market myself so would be very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                      On Selby in the outright market myself so would be very nice!
                                                                      Got some on Hawkins @ 14/1 for this match with Boyles during this frame so it won't be so bad now whatever happens in this match

Comment

Hawkins playing a blinder here trying to get out of it.

Comment

This could be sick.

Comment

Unreal stuff

Comment

I'm always amazed by those left handed, right handed rest playing weirdos

Comment

Felt for Hawkins at the end but well done those that were on Selby.

Was watching on Eurosport and Joe Johnson has to be the most annoying cunt ever to pick up a microphone. I am convinced that they are nowhere near the venue and commentating from a studio somewhere miles away making the "here in York" comments bullshit. It is funny though when Denis Taylors drawing of potential escape routes on the table confuses them

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                                  Felt for Hawkins at the end but well done those that were on Selby.

Was watching on Eurosport and Joe Johnson has to be the most annoying cunt ever to pick up a microphone. I am convinced that they are nowhere near the venue and commentating from a studio somewhere miles away making the "here in York" comments bullshit. It is funny though when Denis Taylors drawing of potential escape routes on the table confuses them
                                                                                  Myself and The Fink agree with you. Some of the shots he was calling were way off. The shot where Selby rolled up to the black and Joe almost laughing saying that he's going to be in trouble as Hawkins has an easy safety was hilarious. Higgins has it right

"I heard before the tournament Joe Johnson was slating me. If that guy isn't the worst commentator in the world, he's in the top three," Higgins said

"How he ever got to be world champion, and he can say some of the shots that he does say..."

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                                    Was watching on Eurosport and Joe Johnson has to be the most annoying cunt ever to pick up a microphone. I am convinced that they are nowhere near the venue and commentating from a studio somewhere miles away making the "here in York" comments bullshit.
                                                                                    Tis true, they do all snooker commentary from the Eurosport studios in London, with the exception of the Masters at the Alexandria Palace when they do it on-site.

Comment

What price would Robertson be if he meets Walden in the final? 1/6?

Comment

Myself and The Fink agree with you. Some of the shots he was calling were way off. The shot where Selby rolled up to the black and Joe almost laughing saying that he's going to be in trouble as Hawkins has an easy safety was hilarious. Higgins has it right
                                                                                        Agreed Johnson = total cunt.

Wouldn't Higgins quote have been simply awesome if he had changed just one word and emulated the "greast man's" awesome quote many years ago now.
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Brian Clough

"I heard before the tournament Joe Johnson was slating me. If that guy isn't the worst commentator in the world, he's in the top one."

Comment

Walden, Selby, Bingham, Robertson in that order for me to get most profit so going to punt on some funky bets to help enjoy the matches

Bingham v Robertson

No player to win 3 consecutive frames @ 14/1
                                                                                          Over 2.5 centuries @ 2.5
                                                                                          Maxmimum for the craic @ 33/1

Comment

Walden, Selby, Bingham, Robertson in that order for me to get most profit so going to punt on some funky bets to help enjoy the matches

Bingham v Robertson

Over 2.5 centuries @ 2.5
                                                                                            Gotta be a mistake surely, who's doing that?
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Bingham v Robertson

Over 2.5 centuries @ 2.5
                                                                                              Can't be right surely

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                Gotta be a mistake surely, who's doing that?
                                                                                                Can't be right surely
                                                                                                Yeah it's not a balanced market with 1/33 for Yes, but it's worth a tenner of my money to give me an interest in every frame of the match though

Comment

What price would Robertson be if he meets Walden in the final? 1/6?
                                                                                                  I'd be thinking 1/4, 2/9
                                                                                                  Walden would be 11/4, 3/1??
                                                                                                  "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Originally posted by theduster View Post
                                                                                                    I'd be thinking 1/4, 2/9
                                                                                                    Walden would be 11/4, 3/1??
                                                                                                    Was thinking 1/5 myself and maybe find someone doing 1/6. He was 1/3 versus Bingham and he's a great match player and hard to shake off. Walden is a bit of a bottler and not sure he could get back into the game if he went behind.

Comment

1/5> 1/6???

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                        1/5> 1/6???

Yeah i didn't mean that, was just thinking if he was going to be that big a favourite in some bookies, i wasn't backing him again. Was just trying to work out how my 66/1 Walden bet would match up if he got to the final against Robertson but didn't really matter once the semi kicked off. Just laid some more off Walden onto the rest of them in the end.

Comment

Yeah i didn't mean that, was just thinking if he was going to be that big a favourite in some bookies, i wasn't backing him again. Was just trying to work out how my 66/1 Walden bet would match up if he got to the final against Robertson but didn't really matter once the semi kicked off. Just laid some more off Walden onto the rest of them in the end.
                                                                                                          A good position to be in, gl.

Comment

Just 1 century in this match is so tilting

Comment

Cracking comeback from Bingham. Shame he couldn't get over the line

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                                                                                                Agreed Johnson = total cunt.

Wouldn't Higgins quote have been simply awesome if he had changed just one word and emulated the "greast man's" awesome quote many years ago now.
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                Brian Clough

"I heard before the tournament Joe Johnson was slating me. If that guy isn't the worst commentator in the world, he's in the top one."
                                                                                                                I'd like to apologise to Joe Johnson. Mike Hallett has been atrocious the last few games. He was horrndous for the Robinson game last night. He couldn't work out how much was on the table or how many balls a player needed 2 or 3 times. The amount of shots where he called 'great shot', 'well played', or 'that's perfect' only for the balls to finish rolling and it ends up a bad shot was just astronomical.

Comment

I'd like to apologise to Joe Johnson. Mike Hallett has been atrocious the last few games. He was horrndous for the Robinson game last night. He couldn't work out how much was on the table or how many balls a player needed 2 or 3 times. The amount of shots where he called 'great shot', 'well played', or 'that's perfect' only for the balls to finish rolling and it ends up a bad shot was just astronomical.
                                                                                                                  Hallett is bad, agreed, but BY FAR the biggest cnut in Snooker is the self proclaimed 'Great WT' himself Willie Thorne. Horrible, horrible person...

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                                                                                                    Hallett is bad, agreed, but BY FAR the biggest cnut in Snooker is the self proclaimed 'Great WT' himself Willie Thorne. Horrible, horrible person...
                                                                                                                    Oh, you mean Mr Maximum because he made 100s of unseen maximums in practice but couldn't get one when it matter. I see where you're coming from ha. The guy is a prize tool and so out of touch with the game it's unreal

Comment

Oh, you mean Mr Maximum because he made 100s of unseen maximums in practice but couldn't get one when it matter. I see where you're coming from ha. The guy is a prize tool and so out of touch with the game it's unreal
                                                                                                                      Yep, spot on Tony. He used to practice with Gary Linekar and he'd get Linekar to smash them up the back every frame. Once the ton/maximum was not on or he missed the balls were re-racked. Couldn't get within an ass's roar of a max in a competitive match.

Zero bottle and any time he was under pressure the auld cue arm went waaaahhhaaaayyyyyy

13-8 up on Davis in the UK Championship final in 1985 he missed this to virtually lock it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raqJmNr3zaI

Comment

There goes my 2-2 bet @ 6/4 but neither of these guys are playing well. On this form, just give Robertson the trophy now

Comment

What a shot Selby, fair fucks.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X