No announcement yet.

GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldnt touch down tbh, they massively over achieved last year. They will have trouble competing physically with cork all over the field, and dont seem to have the same team cohesion/momentum.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
      I wouldnt touch down tbh, they massively over achieved last year. They will have trouble competing physically with cork all over the field, and dont seem to have the same team cohesion/momentum.

Im seeing this being thrown about a lot recently at the end of the day they faced Kerry, Kildare and Cork in successive matches and came up short by a point of a draw in the final. Its one thing to overacheive but to perform the way down did last year says that they have more about them than people want to believe.

Comment

Ok while on the bare face of it their 3 wins have been quite below the level they reached last year, why are we assuming Cork will simply be able to turn it on and reach last years levels, tbh they were sooo bad against Kerry in the first half it was shocking and their FB line was all over the place, if they allow Coulter and Clarke that kind of space, it could be over at half time, as it should have been against Kerry.

I do think Cork will perform at a higher level than they did against Kerry, but I find it funny that people assume that the likes of Kildare and Down are over-achieving or overrated while Cork and Kerry, have another gear, personally I think unlike hurling the playing field is levelling all the time in football.

My own bets for the w/e are Wexford -2/Kildare -4 double at 5/2 with PP, Wexford have been criminally under rated all year IMO and have a far more potent forward unit, Kildare are building up a nice hea of steam and I think the 6 day turn-around allied with teh bradleys absence will be too much for Derry to overcome.

In the Hurling I like the under 3.5 goals in the Dublin v Limerick game @ 8/13 on betfair, Dublin just dont score goals as a rule and I have been very impressed with Dublins defence and IMO Gary Maguire is in hte top 2 or 3 keepers in the country.

Oh btw for any of you big hitters or lookinf for an accum filler Kilruane @2/7 in the Tipp SHC is absolutely buying money, Kilruane have won something like 3 of the last 5 U-21 County finals, they have players like Mark O'Leary(former Allstar), Buggy OMeara and Seamus Hennesy(AI medal winners last year) sand numerous other extremely talented young hurlers, as opposed to their opponents Borrisokane, who won last years Intermediate Championship, there are 32 senior teams in Tipp, so they are technically no. 32 whereas Kilruane would be somewhere around 6th to 10th, Borris really are out of their depth here and anything other than a comprehensive Kilruane win would be amajor shock.

GL to all having a punt, may the force be with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          Saw this post over on boards about the Cork v. Down match.

I don't necessarily agree with the conclusions but it's making me think...

Thoughts?
          Think it's lol tbh. Down were awful v leitrim and Clare and very little better against Antrim. Last year you could see them improving every game to the point where I lumped on them to beat Kerry, not this year. If Cork were as awful as he says v Kerry and still only lost by a few points imagine what they could do playing well.!
          Put it this way I don't think Down would get within 10 of Kerry if they played tomorrow.

Comment

DOWN will win by 6 points (if they can win 50% midfield) in ALF cork had at least 70% possesion and still only won by a point.

down have the best forward line in the country

dan gordon needs moved to midfield if the management could replace him at fullback they be top 3 in ireland without shadow of doubt!!

MARK MY WORDS

Comment

Originally posted by harrharr View Post
              DOWN will win by 6 points (if they can win 50% midfield) in ALF cork had at least 70% possesion and still only won by a point.

dan gordon needs moved to midfield if the management could replace him at fullback they be top 3 in ireland without shadow of doubt!!

MARK MY WORDS
              I like your enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by harrharr View Post

MARK MY WORDS

Lol. The bookies have got it terribly wrong so!

If you genuinely believe what you posted empty your piggybank and get it all on the bet of the century!

Comment

They did indeed play well last year,but absolutely everything fell into place for them in terms of opponents and momentum. Injuries were minimal too.There was a palpable air of enthusiasm and energy about Down football last year, that is totally missing this year. Not sure that having their best player living in Australia and commuting back for games is great for team cohesion either. 2/5 is about the right price for cork.

Armagh are definitely value at 5/2 with Victor Chandler, Tyrone are having a bit of an identity crisis between the old guard and new blood, Armagh are further along that process. Should be a few good trading opportunities in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                    Lol. The bookies have got it terribly wrong so!

If you genuinely believe what you posted empty your piggybank and get it all on the bet of the century!
                    Bit unnecessary to be fair.

Comment

Armagh are definitely value at 5/2 with Victor Chandler, Tyrone are having a bit of an identity crisis between the old guard and new blood, Armagh are further along that process. Should be a few good trading opportunities in this game.
                      The main weakness that's been mooted for Tyrone seems to be that the old guard are creaking - which may be true - but a game against Armagh in Omagh is hardly the sort of occasion that's going to lend itself to any sort of free-flowing football to expose that?

Comment

Its more that Tyrone dont seem to know their best settled lineup. There appears to be a lack of direction and unity with them that wasnt the case for the past 10 years.

Comment

[QUOTE=mocata;368139]Its more that Tyrone dont seem to know their best settled lineup. There appears to be a lack of direction and unity with them that wasnt the case for the past 10 years.[/QU

This i believe is perfect when describing where Tyrone are at currently,this weekends games will tell us so much more about where teams are really at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                            Bit unnecessary to be fair.
                            Yeah ok. Apologies .

Just think the post is silly .
                            Best forward line in the country ?

And if they could take Dan Gordon from full back .......etc

Sure if my Aunt had gonads ..........

Comment

Yeah ok. Apologies .

Yeah he is a down fan methinks.

Quality forward line and lethal on their day..yes..best in the country ..no.

Comment

[QUOTE=mohican22;368181]
                                Its more that Tyrone dont seem to know their best settled lineup. There appears to be a lack of direction and unity with them that wasnt the case for the past 10 years.[/QU

This i believe is perfect when describing where Tyrone are at currently,this weekends games will tell us so much more about where teams are really at.

The longer the summer goes on the more Tyrone will find that direction and unity, and I think it is happening. They were very unlucky to lose to a good Donegal team in Ulster semi.
                                Went to see them in Longford last time out and was very impressed, their movement and ball basking is as good as ever.
                                Having said that Armagh will be a tough one really looking forward to it .

Still think the value bet for the w/end is cork, I'm lumping all my winnings from W/ford - London game on here.

4/9 Cork
                                11/10 Cork -3

Serious value

Comment

Yeah ok. Apologies .

come on everybody knows that without a shadow of a doubt kerry have the best forward line in the country. i wonder what the mothers in labour have most problems with , the child comin out or the football in his hands..

Comment

Canty starting for Cork on saturday at full back according to news reports..interesting decision if he isnt 100% and a lack of matches wouldnt have helped.

Have decided to head into the matches this saturday with the mrs and a few mates, weather forecast calls for a warmish afternoon so good weather for football.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                      come on everybody knows that without a shadow of a doubt kerry have the best forward line in the country. i wonder what the mothers in labour have most problems with , the child comin out or the football in his hands..
                                      The boots can do awful damage

Comment

Canty starting for Cork on saturday at full back according to news reports..interesting decision if he isnt 100% and a lack of matches wouldnt have helped.

Have decided to head into the matches this saturday with the mrs and a few mates, weather forecast calls for a warmish afternoon so good weather for football.
                                        Just read the papers this morning and see the starting 15. Was waiting to see if canty was starting and so i can go ahead with a seemingly wildish 10 euro punt on graham canty to win footballer of the year@ 50/1 with Paddy on the basis that he had an ok 2nd half vs kerry (?), will be eager to redeem himself from first half, is captain of a team likely to go on a win another all-ireland and in doin so will have to keep tabs on possibly the best forwards along the way, e.g martin clake, donaghy and brogan if they are to achieve that and so emerge as an unlikely hero and score my a long shot! Think darren o sullivan was ovdrpriced @33/1 with victor chandler and 10/1 johnny doyle seems another with a spot of value for FOTY. Goin to match myself as an neutral (with interest obv). 25 euro good value for money i reckon for saturday afternoon entertainment. Come on da rabbbells, double result HT/FT cork/cork @ 10/11 with boylers, get on!

Comment

Is 25 quid all it costs?

I wasn't going to bother going unless I could swing from free Premiums but if it's that cheap I'll probably go regardless...

Comment

Is 25 quid all it costs?

I wasn't going to bother going unless I could swing from free Premiums but if it's that cheap I'll probably go regardless...
                                            got two good seats on lower cusack not far from midfield for 25 each yesterday on the net (gaa.ie obv).

great value for sure. 2 interesting match ups that will tell us alot about what we want to know about the three (cork, down and these bloody dark lilliwhite white horses!)

try get urs today before its only shit seats left mate

u a neutral aswell? think ur from kerry right?

Comment

Stat that may be of interest, since qualifiers were introduced, the provincial final losers only won 15/40 qualifier games at this round 4 stage.
                                              Last edited by The Situation; 21-07-11, 11:39. Reason: 15 not 16
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                got two good seats on lower cusack not far from midfield for 25 each yesterday on the net (gaa.ie obv).

great value for sure. 2 interesting match ups that will tell us alot about what we want to know about the three (cork, down and these bloody dark lilliwhite white horses!)

try get urs today before its only shit seats left mate

u a neutral aswell? think ur from kerry right?
                                                Yep from Tralee.

Comment

Just read the papers this morning and see the starting 15. Was waiting to see if canty was starting and so i can go ahead with a seemingly wildish 10 euro punt on graham canty to win footballer of the year@ 50/1 with Paddy on the basis that he had an ok 2nd half vs kerry (?), will be eager to redeem himself from first half, is captain of a team likely to go on a win another all-ireland and in doin so will have to keep tabs on possibly the best forwards along the way, e.g martin clake, donaghy and brogan if they are to achieve that and so emerge as an unlikely hero and score my a long shot! Think darren o sullivan was ovdrpriced @33/1 with victor chandler and 10/1 johnny doyle seems another with a spot of value for FOTY. Goin to match myself as an neutral (with interest obv). 25 euro good value for money i reckon for saturday afternoon entertainment. Come on da rabbbells, double result HT/FT cork/cork @ 10/11 with boylers, get on!

Nice one i thought the match tickets were to good value to pass up and considering there will be plenty of space in croker to boot it would be silly not to go.

Hope to get the Kildare -4 handibap up with €75 on to freeroll my down bets (i know i know) and cover a few pints.

Comment

Word is Canty is NOT starting this weekend just so you know. He has hardly kicked a ball this year with club or county and we saw evidence of this in Killarney when he was destroyed really. Backing him for poty is throwing away money IMO. Alan Brogan & Declan Sullivan are the front runners and well ahead of the pack at the moment.
                                                    "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      Stat that may be of interest, since qualifiers were introduced, the provincial final losers only won 15/40 qualifier games at this round 4 stage.
                                                      Crazy isn't it? To be fair though they did have the 6/7 day turnaround for a good few years though..I remember being on the booze with a few lads I know a few years back and 5 days later I was watching one of them trying to mark Paddy Bradley in a c/ship game..needless to say,they were beaten!

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                        Word is Canty is NOT starting this weekend just so you know. He has hardly kicked a ball this year with club or county and we saw evidence of this in Killarney when he was destroyed really. Backing him for poty is throwing away money IMO. Alan Brogan & Declan Sullivan are the front runners and well ahead of the pack at the moment.
                                                        i think ur wrong about brogan and o sullivan being well ahead of the pack john doyle has to be up there aswell for his outstanding perfomances out of position this year.

Comment

Limerick double this weekend 9/1....
                                                          "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

i think ur wrong about brogan and o sullivan being well ahead of the pack john doyle has to be up there aswell for his outstanding perfomances out of position this year.
                                                            He was very quiet in the Meath game for long periods of the game. Don't think he'll be in the running unless he is unreal in 2/3 of the (possibly) remaining games.

Realistically, POTY and Allstars will be largely decided from now on,so we're wasting our time arguing about any of it.

Comment

POTY generally comes from the AI winners too bar obv. exceptional performances like Brogan last year.

Personally I would be looking at Kerry players for this.

Comment

im going to wait until the match,before haveing any bet,if you look back at any of the "bigger games"such as cork v kerry or cork v dublin,cork tend to give themselfs a little mountain to climb and for the most part they do or at least come close,so instead of backing them - 3points before,might as well wait until the game is well into the first half and have a cut in the betting in running,and of course you can always not have a bet,the old money saved is like money won kinda thing!if cork are behind by 4/5 points comeing up to 1/2 time(which could happen)you might even get them plus a few points,which is very good news from a punting point of view for whats tends to be a very strong 2nd half team!
                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

That's actually pretty smart.

Cork do tend to finish strong.

Comment

Link makes it look like I have an STD

Comment

Do limerick look like good value in the hurling after keanys accident this morning?

Comment

Do limerick look like good value in the hurling after keanys accident this morning?
                                                                        I thought they were good value before the accident.
                                                                        twitter
                                                                        moneybookers

Comment

yoy know what might be a little value,is the 1st score on the galway v waterford game,reckon davy fitz will wind up the waterford lads like mad,they could get on the pitch and flake away mad,giveing away a free,a galway point from a placed ball @ 4/1,as it was when waterford played tipp,could happen again!
                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                            I thought they were good value before the accident.
                                                                            +1 def value now

Comment

Limerick against Dublin @ 13/8
                                                                              Galway (-4) v Waterford @ evens

And I can't see Kildare Cork or Wexford being beaten!

Comment

John Doyle has to be a good bet at 9/1 for 1st goalscorer on Boyles. They are doing a special that if your player is not the 1st goalscorer but goes on to score the 2nd goal you get refunded your stake.

He has scored the 1st goal in his last 2 games from the penalty spot within the first 10 minutes of each game. Obviously being the penalty taker is a big plus for this special. Kildare have only conceded 1 goal, in the Dublin semi final, throughout the 5 championship games and have scored 6 (Doyle 2). Although Derry have scored 4 goals in the 3 games they have also conceded 3 goals - 1 per game (Fermanagh, Antrim, Donegal). Kildare tend to blanket the defence which forces the opposition in to point shooting from afar.

Comment

I've a spare premium ticket for today if anyone wants it - free obv.

Comment

I've a spare premium ticket for today if anyone wants it - free obv.
                                                                                    id be interested if i can get up..

Comment

Does anyone have a stream for todays football?

Comment

Originally posted by Rasher View Post
                                                                                        Does anyone have a stream for todays football?
                                                                                        here u go

Comment

Also have a feeling Down could suffer a backlash from Cork after the disappointment of the munster final, wouldn't be surprised to see Cork by 8+ here, saw Down a couple of times this year, looked very flat tbh not near last years levels, though they usually improve from now on.

Easy money!

Comment

Originally posted by Steveymac86 View Post
                                                                                            Limerick against Dublin @ 13/8
                                                                                            Galway (-4) v Waterford @ evens

And I can't see Kildare Cork or Wexford being beaten!
                                                                                            Exactly the double I have done as well. Was looking for galway with a bigger handicap but couldnt get one

Comment

Also have a feeling Down could suffer a backlash from Cork after the disappointment of the munster final, wouldn't be surprised to see Cork by 8+ here, saw Down a couple of times this year, looked very flat tbh not near last years levels, though they usually improve from now on.

Easy money!

Comment

Easy money!

Sorry about multiple posts Internet acting up in the sticks
                                                                                                Last edited by BigDeal; 23-07-11, 19:11. Reason: Sry about multiple post

Comment

Come on Wexford (-2) for a great day!!!!!

Comment

i dont see how this is so close we had a solid performance against meath where they asked questions and even though not playing our best grinded out the result. are you all forgetting the score in this fixture last year 2-17 1-9 and derry had the advantage of having both bradleys in the team that day . im doing kildare -4 for this one
                                                                                                    ship ship!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steveymac86 View Post
                                                                                                      Come on Wexford (-2) for a great day!!!!!
                                                                                                      Crumbled!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

If you can get a price on it, get into Waterford minors to beat an injury hit Kilkenny minor team on Saturday night in Walsh Park
                                                                                                        15 points to 8

Badly needed boost for Waterford hurling

Comment

walsh over 2.5 point paddypower@ evens ???? seems decent value. i mean this kid is decent and can pop over a few like?? no hurling expert but why is he evens at for that kind of tally?? hmm. was impressed with this kid so far or am i missing something?? will punt... fuck it

Comment

walsh over 2.5 point paddypower@ evens ???? seems decent value. i mean this kid is decent and can pop over a few like?? no hurling expert but why is he evens at for that kind of tally?? hmm. was impressed with this kid so far or am i missing something?? will punt... fuck it
                                                                                                            Walsh over 2.5 worth purely as he's a goal getter.
                                                                                                            Kevin Moran under 0.5 @ 6/5 is also good.
                                                                                                            Galway -6 @ 6/4 for the match.

Limerick a great price at 13/8. I was favouring Dublin earlier in the week, but Keaney's absense is a massive loss for them

Comment

13/8 looks like value allright

Comment

They were 2/1 with VC's when prices were released earlier in the week, missed that but got some 7/4 with PP.

Good shout on the minor game kev.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Fcuk you Wexford, couldnt keep a 3 pt lead in injury-time playing against 14 men. Braindeads.

Comment

ship it...

Comment

Galway bottlers as usual wp waherfurd

Comment

great game by waterford full forward had some game + mullanes some warrior bleeds waterford hurling.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X