Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR7 appears to be in a spot of bother.

Comment

New michelin stars announced today, looks like good news for a few places in Cork

Comment

Yeah 3 for cork. Need a few more to outweigh being around all the Cork people to be worth the visit yet though
        airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cork on Nationwide currently

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
              CR7 appears to be in a spot of bother.
              Read about that yesterday, I'd say a healthy pay off will get rid of her. She's already quit her job as a teacher so just looking for that comfy lifestyle. Bitta reputation damage to Ronaldo and not much else I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Read about that yesterday, I'd say a healthy pay off will get rid of her. She's already quit her job as a teacher so just looking for that comfy lifestyle. Bitta reputation damage to Ronaldo and not much else I'd say.
                'Bitta'?
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  'Bitta'?
                  A little bit of. Ya posh prick

Comment

I read a headline in passing about it and didn't take too much notice but then I heard the German journo interview today and realised he 'allegedly' already paid her off eight years ago. Up to the attorney general in Nevada to follow through now but it seems there's alot of evidence.
                    It doesn't seem like one that's going to go away over night.

Comment

I read a headline in passing about it and didn't take too much notice but then I heard the German journo interview today and realised he 'allegedly' already paid her off eight years ago. Up to the attorney general in Nevada to follow through now but it seems there's alot of evidence.
                      It doesn't seem like one that's going to go away over night.
                      Yeah I read all that. Apparently she has some document where he basically admits to rape where he says that she said no and stop several times (could have been lost in translation, not sure). If that's true it's gonna be bad but a fella like him will be able to pay his way out of it imo.

Comment

Yeah I read all that. Apparently she has some document where he basically admits to rape where he says that she said no and stop several times (could have been lost in translation, not sure). If that's true it's gonna be bad but a fella like him will be able to pay his way out of it imo.
                        He already tried to pay his way out of it

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                          He already tried to pay his way out of it
                          Yeah about $350k I think it said in that article. She must have run out of that cash so needs a bit more. Whatever happens it'll be "settled", things will blow over for him after a while and she'll live comfortably for the rest of her life.

Comment

Comment

That gender rant scientist guy has a ridiculously good research record.

Comment

A little bit of. Ya posh prick
                                It was more that you think being accused of rape is a bit of trouble....

Comment

It was more that you think being accused of rape is a bit of trouble....
                                  Not at all. Im aware of how serious it is. I just don't think it'll do irreparable damage to him. People turn into proper droolers when it comes to football, this situation won't be any different.

Comment

Not at all. Im aware of how serious it is. I just don't think it'll do irreparable damage to him. People turn into proper droolers when it comes to football, this situation won't be any different.
                                    I'm not a drooler for the most part!
                                    The only reason I brought it up is that if this goes much further there could be alot of irreparable damage. That German paper has been investigating for a year or two and felt they had enough to publish, that's no small thing.

Another bundle of cash might make this go away but I think the water is hotter than you're making out dobby.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        That gender rant scientist guy has a ridiculously good research record.
                                        Of course he has and its completely understandable why he would be passed over for someone who wasn't a complete cunt.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm not a drooler for the most part!
                                          The only reason I brought it up is that if this goes much further there could be alot of irreparable damage. That German paper has been investigating for a year or two and felt they had enough to publish, that's no small thing.

Another bundle of cash might make this go away but I think the water is hotter than you're making out dobby.
                                          Wasn't directed at you at all. Apologies if it came across that way.

Tbh I don't care enough to give a shit about the situation. Celebs have been doing illegal shit for years and are now being called out on it. Kinda like water is wet type news nowadays.
                                          Last edited by dobby; 01-10-18, 21:29.

Comment

If it worked that way, Bill Cosby would be a free man.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                Seems a bit different here that she accepted a whollop of cash in the first place, no? That's not quite #metoo territory. Really if cash was the original solution then it seems a more transactional disagreement over eventual price.
                                                Knowing what happens to most people who accuse someone powerful of rape maybe getting a wedge and trying to forget about it seems like a better alternative for some victims.

Parents whose kids were raped by priests didn't do much in the way of baying for justice either, which seems like we should think it's weirder than we apparently do.

It's probably not that fruitful to try and figure out what a rape victim is/should be feeling in the aftermath of their rape.

Comment

Seems a bit different here that she accepted a whollop of cash in the first place, no? That's not quite #metoo territory. Really if cash was the original solution then it seems a more transactional disagreement over eventual price.
                                                  You're messing with this right? Last few years didn't clarify this for you where we have seen women sharing stories of how they rationalised away their rapes just so they could cope with them, how they felt powerless to confront their abusers and so hid their pain for decades, how they have only now felt comfortable in an atmosphere of open discussion of sexual assault to come forward. Those last few years didn't sink in at all?

Let me rephrase your post for you.

"Seems a bit different here where he signed a legal document admitting that she repeatedly asked him to stop and where she said no a number of times and paid her off in excess of a quarter of a million euros., no? That's not quite #consensualsex territory. Really if cash was the original solution then it seems a more transgressional disagreement over original consent"
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Comment

Was only the accepting cash bit that makes it seem a bit diluted. It's not like he was in anyway influential in America. Couldn't give a flying fuck about Ronaldo obv.
                                                      What's that got to do with anything? Having read the story and looked at some of the documents made available online I find her version of events highly credible.

One other factor that lends credibility is that this is the second time Der Spiegel has run this story, albeit this time with WAY more detail, and there's no way they are taking this risk unless they are happy they can stand over the reporting.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Arrived at airport with 4 bags. Was overweight but guy let me off without charging extra fees. Also gave me front row (extra legroom) for 1st leg and upgraded me to business class for 2nd leg so I can sleep.

I be like...

Last edited by pokerhand; 02-10-18, 03:42.
                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Like one-time personal heroes like Kevin Spacey and Louis CK, I immediately assign to the dustbin of history and will never bother with them again. But when I hear cash involved in anything it just puts it in a different category for me mentally. Meh maybe I'm wrong. Absolutely wrong even.
                                                              Would you shag me for 350k?

Hmmm Maybe?

Would you shag me for a million.

YES yes

Would you shag me for 100 dollar ?

What kind of girl do you think I am ?

Well we've already established that . We're just negotiating price.

Was it groucho?
                                                              Last edited by Solksjaer!; 02-10-18, 06:35.

Comment

You’re missing the start of the conversation Mike:

Would you shag me?

No.

*Despite cleat and obvious no, proceeds to shag her anyway against her will”

Now, let’s talk about price...

Comment

It was Winston Churchill.

Comment

It was Winston Churchill.
                                                                    Oh so Grouchy. Easy mistake to make.

Comment

Best Trump bit ever

Oct.01 -- President Donald Trump comments on the FBI investigation into Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Amazing

Comment

Is he cutting him loose there?
                                                                          'Enough discrepancy'

Comment

Comment

He would appear to be absolutely fucked
                                                                              Ronaldo denies the accusations, the sex was consensual, according to him. Mayorga's lawyer's claim relies in part on a document, which includes Ronaldo's description of what happened that night. In that document, the soccer player is quoted as saying: "She said no and stop several times."
                                                                              In response to the question of whether Ms. C had ever raised her voice, screamed or called out, X answered according to the document: “She said no and stop several times.” And furthermore: “I fucked her from the side. She made herself available. She was lying on her side, in bed, and I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn’t change position. 5/7 minutes.

She said that she didn’t want to, but she made herself available.” And further: “But she kept saying ‘no.’ ‘Don’t do it.’ ‘I’m not like the others.’ I apologized afterwards.” The document quotes him as saying that she never screamed and never called out for anyone.

“[NN2] Question: Did Ms. C. say anything afterwards about the sex being too brutal? X: She didn’t complain about it being brutal. She complained that I forced her. She didn’t say anything about wanting to go to the police.”
                                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 02-10-18, 10:32.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

good thread on ronaldo allegations from sports editor @DerSpiegel.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Loving the 'I may have once had a beer' progression to 'okay so I've started a few bar brawls, but I never fucked a dwarf while high on peyote' to 'my friends, let those amongst us who haven't peyote-dwarf-fucked cast the first stone here'.
                                                                                  Standard trump fare really
                                                                                  I never said that
                                                                                  ok i said it but didnt mean it
                                                                                  ok I meant it but you missed context
                                                                                  ok you didnt miss context but you deserved it
                                                                                  You said it

Comment

...
                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 02-10-18, 11:12.

Comment

Or maybe she wants a rapist brought to justice , so he can't rape again.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

For some reason I thought those Subset prints we bought were canvas prints (did think at the time they should have been charging more).
                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 02-10-18, 11:51.

Comment

...

Comment

Accepting [xxx] cash to wait with this warning for [xxx] years suggests this isn't a primary motivation.
                                                                                            Well it's a tough thing to do after being raped I imagine, especially with the queue of football droolers that will jump up and call her a liar for no reason, and give her abuse online, maybe that's why she took money and didn't say anything the last while.
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              For some reason I thought those Subset prints we bought we canvas prints (did think at the time they should have been charging more).
                                                                                              Not really sure what I was expecting but something better for sure. But still happy with it.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Possibly, she'll deserve every penny with the abuse she will get.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

So she waited until he was actually world famous and played in a few more world cups instead?

I'd say this almost certainly happened. I'm just saying that waiting all this time due to accepting payments doesn't suggest that her primary motive is to warn other women and prevent him going around raping, as you suggested.
                                                                                                      In 2009 he was already the world's most expensive footballer having signed for real Madrid a year earlier.

Comment

Add it as an attachment

Comment

I think you use up all your research quota at work Hitch and spout here for cathartic nonsense release

Comment

On a less rapey note: you guys have no available workers left. Probably be lucky if 30k of the remaining 130k unemployed are employable. After that its start doing fairs in Poland to attract workers again. Although if they could fix childcare and school hours probably a lot more women would choose to rejoin the workforce.
                                                                                                            A lad I know is in a very bad way with MS but manages to get up to all sorts of stuff and one of the key things keeping him active is that he has had some great people as assistants who are available to drive him around. As these people are employed by community employment schemes they are only allowed work with him for a maximum of two years in the scheme. Having had a series of fantastic people over the last decade , not to put too fine a point on it they are struggling to find anyone for him let alone someone capable or suitable. The schemes, which are configured as work experience programmes, are refusing to allow suitable and available people caught in the trap of the years between retirement and state pension eligibility to apply. Absolute disaster at the moment with him stuck at home all the time.

Comment

On a less rapey note: you guys have no available workers left. Probably be lucky if 30k of the remaining 130k unemployed are employable. After that its start doing fairs in Poland to attract workers again. Although if they could fix childcare and school hours probably a lot more women would choose to rejoin the workforce.
                                                                                                              That's an amazing recovery for us here and for the first time in 10 years there are more Irish people immigrating than emigrating. Anybody I know that is not working atm it's because of physical or mental health issues.

Comment

Definitely in the 'Good Problem' category.

Comment

Definitely in the 'Good Problem' category.
                                                                                                                  Be grand I said back in the bailout days. Be grand I said , now tis grand. 6quid for a guinness in Carton House. Not so grand

Comment

So she waited until he was actually world famous and played in a few more world cups instead?

I'd say this almost certainly happened. I'm just saying that waiting all this time due to accepting payments doesn't suggest that her primary motive is to warn other women and prevent him going around raping, as you suggested.
                                                                                                                    Your dumb to word ratio is improving at a prodigious rate

First, her motive doesn’t really matter. If he raped her, he raped her.

Second, even if her motive did matter, then assuming its primarily a monetary motive is quite silly since it would have made more sense to sue him at some point before he signed one of his numerous new contracts since the incident rather than at the end of his career. Or before a World Cup rather than after one. Either time would have given him greater financial incentive to settle. Doing it now actually mitigates against it being motivated primarily by financial needs.

Third, this story first broke a year ago after the Football Leaks document dump. She refused to speak then. As Der Spiegel continued its investigation she spoke to a lawyer about her jeopardy from the non-disclosure agreement given the attention this was getting and the lawyer indicated it was non-binding given how it was extracted from her by Ronaldo’s lawyers and her mental state at the time. If she was in it primarily for money then why not move on this a year ago when the first story came about - where Der Spiegel asked her for an interview and she declined.

The shorter version of this is as follows:

In order to believe she is primarily motivated by greed/money you have to discount a lot of what we know about sexual abuse survivors AND you have to assume bad faith on her part despite there being no evidence of such bad faith. You also have to discount most of her personal conduct up until now and the enormous, seismic destruction of her life that will come in the wake of this.

This might be one of the clearest cases there has been of this type. There’s documentary evidence, signed agreements, questionnaires and undisputed accounts of most of the salient events.

But she is motivated by money. That’s definitely the thing we should assume and focus on. Good lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                      Be grand I said back in the bailout days. Be grand I said , now tis grand. 6quid for a guinness in Carton House. Not so grand
                                                                                                                      €6.50 in that Ivey place on Dawson St I noticed in a quick glance at the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        For anyone that likes seeing rich men spend money... The premier yearling sale of the year starts this AM in Goffs. It will be streamed on goffs.com but at about 6.30pm lots 165 and 166 are going to come into the ring. 165 is likely to be less exciting but 166 is gonna cause fireworks, every big buyer in the game is going to be swinging for it and whilst it probably won't be the most expensive horse sold over the 2 days it might make for entertaining viewing. Pedigree here - https://www.goffs.com/sales-results/...-sale-2018/166

Also, in case anyone is interested it's open door down there so if anybody was inclined they can stop into Goffs at any stage over the coming days.
                                                                                                                        Surely the horsey has a right to mate off with whoever she wishes to mate off with and not have some highly regarded colt rammed into her. I shall be giving Goffs a miss thank you very much.

Neigh is Neigh.

Comment

Elbows or anyone else that knows.

6 of us golfing for a week in Albufeira in May. What are the best courses of all the Villamoura ones or is there any hidden gems you know of within an hour?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X