.25/.50 w/ ante; Top Set to turn min check raise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.25/.50 w/ ante; Top Set to turn min check raise

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($178.95)
    BB ($50)
    Villain (UTG) ($274.48)
    Hero (MP) ($84.73)
    Button ($144.06)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8, 8
    Villain bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($5.25) 3, 5, 8 (3 players)
    BB checks, Villain bets $2, Hero raises to $4.50, 1 fold, Villain calls $2.50

Turn: ($14.25) 4 (2 players)
    Villain checks, Hero bets $9.50, [color=#CC3333]Villain raises to $19
    Hero?
    Last edited by San Juan; 14-04-12, 18:11.

any reads on the villain?

i think you need to raise more on the flop, to set up bigger bets for the turn and river to get stacks in,

you are beat by three hands on the turn 63 ,67 and A2, and if the villain is any way competant i wouldn't expect them to be in his UTG raising range,

in a vacuum i'd call the turn and call the river too
    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Raise more on the flop and bet bigger on the turn. Call raise on turn, and snap his shove or shove yourself if he checks.

Comment

Bigger raise on the flop and bigger bet on the turn. Peel now and dont fold on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
          you are beat by three hands on the turn 63 ,67 and A2, and if the villain is any way competant i wouldn't expect them to be in his UTG raising range,
          A2s would be a reasonably standard open utg, as would 67s occasionally

Anyway as everyone else said, don't fold. Since you raised so small on the flop villains range is pretty wide, including plenty of bluffs.

Comment

No real reads on villain as i had only been at the table for 20 or so hands. I ended up shoving the turn and he snaps with 6c7c. Okay, it seems accepted that i should raise more on the flop but is the turn shove really bad?
            When I shoved I thought that he could have taken this line with (in addition to A2s and 67s) 33, possibly 44, 55, AhXh (especially Ah3h, Ah4h) all of which he calls with now, am i wrong? and even if i am right should i just let him stack off with all his under sets and missed draws on the river?

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan View Post
              No real reads on villain as i had only been at the table for 20 or so hands. I ended up shoving the turn and he snaps with 6c7c. Okay, it seems accepted that i should raise more on the flop but is the turn shove really bad?
              When I shoved I thought that he could have taken this line with (in addition to A2s and 67s) 33, possibly 44, 55, AhXh (especially Ah3h, Ah4h) all of which he calls with now, am i wrong? and even if i am right should i just let him stack off with all his under sets and missed draws on the river?
              Cool hand, thanks for posting it. Yeah I think the low variance option is the best here. You keep his bluffs in and you don't stack off versus his better hands. However, you can get outdrawn and you lose value versus his lower sets, although they only make up a tiny amount of his range.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You can also still get all the chips in if the board pairs on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                  It's 5 max. A2 and 67s shouldn't be discounted from his UTG range imo.
                  Would you discount them from a CO range, or the HJ with 9 players?
                  Originally posted by San Juan View Post
                  Pretty much this.
                  There are only really two hands that beat you right now. And you have 10 outs verses each so are in bad shape in any way verses his whoel range. Just let him keep betting the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    And you have 10 outs verses each so are in bad shape in any way verses his whoel range. Just let him keep betting the lot.
                    You mean not in bad shape, right?

Comment

I don't think this is a bluff like ever ever ever. In all the bazillions of hands I've played, I've never seen someone call a flop raise and then bluff raise the turn. I'd defo call the turn and love to say that I'd be able to fold to a river shove but in the moment I prolly wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        I don't think this is a bluff like ever ever ever. In all the bazillions of hands I've played, I've never seen someone call a flop raise and then bluff raise the turn. I'd defo call the turn and love to say that I'd be able to fold to a river shove but in the moment I prolly wouldn't.
                        misread your post apologies, didn't see call flop RAISE. people will often turn draws into bluffs in spots like this when they peel flops though, thinking players will bluff these types of cards even after you raise them otf but agreed @ 25.50 cent its very unlikely a villain will be bluffing here.
                        Last edited by alanmc101; 21-04-12, 05:07. Reason: its 5 am im pissed

Comment

If you find me a HH where someone takes a b/c flop, c/mr turn line as a bluff I'll eat my hat; chiefly because it's such a retarded line that even the worst fish wouldn't take it.
                          I only have a small DB on this computer but in ~200k hands I got raised on the turn after raising the flop once (where effective stacks to start the hands were more than 30bb), on a 7h8h9h3c board where I held TJo.

Comment

see my edited post, you'll have to excuse me I pulled a nicnic on it and wandered in here after the pub

Comment

Working...
                            X