€1/€2 Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€1/€2 Live

Hero has been playing pretty TAG because of table dynamic, would consider most players at the table to be pretty capable. Have been 3 bet off a lot of hands pre, just 2 hands of note on the night. Villain 1 has been 3 betting a lot pre both OOP and IP, then barrelling at least 2 streets and has generally not been out of line

Villain 1 has been active , calling a lot of raises and 3 betting pre and hasn't had many hands come to showdown, just checking my line here

Villain (UTG+1) €300
    Hero (CO) €200

Villain raises to 6, folded around to Hero with 2 2, Hero calls and BB calls,

FLOP

K102

BB checks, Villain bets €20, Hero calls and BB folds, elected to call here as there's a lot of cards that can come that i'm not delighted to see and wasn't prepared to play for stacks here plus if the turn is a blank, pretty sure villain will fire regardless

TURN

K

Villain leads for €35 and hero calls, probably should really just get it in here?

RIVER
    J

Villain checks, Hero?, checking is probably the best option yeah? is jamming here just terrible? way too thin to value bet? or did i just butcher this hand completely on every street?

Villain 2 has been playing very similarly to myself, probably even more nitty

Villain (Button) €600
    Hero (SB) €400

Raise and a call to 6 in EP, Button raises to €25, Hero has K K, Hero raises to €60, 2 folds and villain calls.

FLOP
    J, Q, 9 rainbow

Hero bets €88 and villain insta ships, is this a standard call considering stack sizes?
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

I shoving the first one on the river and bet/folding the second one. Against a nit what do you beat on that board?

Comment

in the 1st one getting it in on the turn and not sure about the 2nd one all depends on your reads etc

Comment

Fold hand 2 if nittier than you.

Had to read hand 1 back several times. How can you not be prepared to play for stacks on the flop?
        On the turn I'd click it back. As played you've probably lost a King but shove it anyway.

Comment

Hand 1 I'm not sure what to say, I mean wow. You only have 100bbs, and that's a really wet board. If you think you're raise never gets called by worse, then you need to really open up your game. You have the third best possible hand. Once you called you got about the best turn card possible, I'd just call here - the main point to raising the flop is because your hand is so vunerable; not any more. Checking behind the river would be criminal.

Hand 2 You are 200 bb's deep, so you need to 4 bet a lot bigger than that. You only raised him 35, he's going to call you with a pretty wide range, and from the sound of it he is going to have a good idea what you have. Horrible flop, but I'm not sure you can fold given you have a gutshot and he could have TT or AT. Check calling might be better than bet calling.

Comment

I cannot honestly believe checking behind is an option on hand 1
            Hand 2 is a lot more interesting.
            3 bet larger. As played I'd fold, I can't imagine him open shipping without your bet so check call might be better. It's a horrible flop.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hand 1 made me check that it wasn't 2004. Not raising the flop is bad and you ginned the turn. Anything other than getting all the loots in is a disappointment, and that holds true if you had another 100 in your stack.

Hand 2 sizing is bad OOP. Priced in with his whole range. Just do the equity calculation against AA,QQ,JJ,TT,99 and see how you fair. I think the flop is a check as well.

Comment

presuming the cards in hand 1 in op are correct (?), as has been said really but never ever ever checking............ ever. he almost certainly has a K and is cursing that the FD/SD hit, so the river is a bad card for you in the sense he might now get away from it- get it in

Hand 2, is a toughie, pretty sure your almost always behind here, my standard on that flop would be c/call fwiw, if villain is truly tight I fold

you're behind or it's TT
                Last edited by Kie Diddy; 15-02-12, 22:46.

Comment

Hand one, Get it in. He hardly ever has you beaten here. You should of really raised the turn. currently you have a pot of 125 with 140 behind. If you clicked the turn back, you'd be lookign at a river pot of 195 with 105 behind. Far easier to get the thin value out of, all becasue of a min raise.

Hand 2 is a horrible board. Yuo need to 4bet bigger OOP. And on that board, I don't lead. He folds all you beat, except maybe TT. I rather a c/call. As palyed fold, his range crushes you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    Hand one, Get it in. He hardly ever has you beaten here. You should of really raised the turn. currently you have a pot of 125 with 140 behind. If you clicked the turn back, you'd be lookign at a river pot of 195 with 105 behind. Far easier to get the thin value out of, all becasue of a min raise.
                    I hate a min raise on the turn, it's not like a min raise preflop that people won't notice. From the OP it's clear he isn't that bad and he is only going to continue with strong hands. He has the betting lead, no need to take it away from him.

Comment

I don't think there are any hands that he puts money in with on the river that he folds to a turn raise.
                      Any hand that he was planning on continuing to bet with, still gets it in. I just think its easier to get it all in this way.

Comment

How could that possibly be true?

A raise from us here shows enormous strength, so he is forced to fold all medium and weak hands, and makes the pot too big for him to contemplate bluffing us. If you just call you make it really easy for him to fire a 3rd bluff/thin value bet. Players often bet when they have the betting lead even if they shouldn't as they prefer to bet rather than check and face a decision.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and advice, 1st hAnd I end up shoving and getting called by KJ, didn't think everyone was still shoving there. Problem was I just butchered the hand in hindsight should have raised flop or got it in on the turn.

Hand 2 I folded, not beating anything he shoves here with really, seemed like he was raising to protect his hand. Asked him later and he said he had a set but wouldn't say which, just seems like bottom set I suppose
                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Working...
                          X