GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit : Wrong thread!
    Last edited by dannydiamond; 03-09-10, 20:32.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      Superblues 2-0 up V Derry with 10 minutes remaining. Hold!
      hmmm

Comment

i can see KK minors destroying Clare, by a long way the best minor team ive ever seen, just shows whats coming through in KK

Comment

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post
          i can see KK minors destroying Clare, by a long way the best minor team ive ever seen, just shows whats coming through in KK
          Scary stuff isnt it.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Scary stuff isnt it.
            totally 10 in a row?????????????????????????????

what price????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post
              totally 10 in a row?????????????????????????????

what price????????????????
              A mate of mine went into a Paddy Power shop in Cork a couple of weeks ago looking for a price on 8 in a row for KK, he wanted to put a grand on it and after a phone call they wouldn't take the bet!
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

X-post from the BBV

Anyways, some bets for ye for tomorrow

KK by 4-6 @4/1
                KK by 7-9 @5/1

Thats my two main ones. I think KK are gonna win this one handy enough. The fact they are able to start Cha Fitzpatrick, Noel Hickey and John Tennyson when they didnt play last year should scare Tipp esp with Tipp looking to young Gearoid Ryan and Patrick Maher in the half forward line

Some small long odds bets for a bit of fun

Tennyson MOTM 25/1
                Hickey MOTM 18/1

Centre back has been a key postion this year and getting a lot of attention, Tennyson is just back from injury and a lot of focus will be on him. 2 of the inexperienced Tipp players as mentioned above are in the half forward line and if Tennyson cleans them out early on it will stick in the memory of those deciding the MOTM. Similar reasons for Hickey (injury) and also if Tipp repeat their tactic of the semi final when they bypassed the half back line then it could play into Hickeys hands.

TJ Reid to score first point 18/1

Shot in the dark but TJ is a fine striker of the ball and as capt will be keen to lead from the front at the start. Worth a punt imo

Comment

Will be a raping of epic proportions tomorrow.

Few of my mates fancy Tipp, trying to convince them its money down the drain but they wont listen.
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

PP what will happen first

A Score evs, A Free 15/8, a Wide 11/4.

15/8 is great price on a free surely!

Comment

PP what will happen first

A Score evs, A Free 15/8, a Wide 11/4.

15/8 is great price on a free surely!
                      I think Eddie Brennan @5/6 with PP to score more than 2.5 points is a good wager

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                        I think Eddie Brennan @5/6 with PP to score more than 2.5 points is a good wager
                        He's also worth a shout at 6/1 for first goal, esp with PP's money back on losing first goal bets if Tipp win.

Comment

Guy's, dont give up your day jobs.

KK were well and truley stuffed,

You hav'nt got a result correct yet.

Anyway, what about the football final?

Down and Tyrone for the Minors.

C'mon the Mourne men!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Logie View Post

you give a load of abuse and then look for advice on the final?

Comment

Originally posted by Logie View Post

Its an epidemic on here with the letter 'e'

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                you give a load of abuse and then look for advice on the final?
                                Light harted abuse,no offence intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                  Its an epidemic on here with the letter 'e'
                                  lol, yep, should have paid more attention at school.

Comment

My bet for the weekend is an accum that pays 3/1. Toomevara , Kildangan , Loughmore and Thurles in the Tipp county championship this weekend.
                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ladbrokes have suspended the internet book on Cork by 4-6 pts today.
                                      To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Wet day Down to win imo

Comment

Dont follow the gaa since i was retired but going cork -2 at 6/5 to have a personal stake. would have been great to see kildare in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                            My bet for the weekend is an accum that pays 3/1. Toomevara , Kildangan , Loughmore and Thurles in the Tipp county championship this weekend.
                                            Winner
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Limerick decent value at 10/1 for Munster Hurling Championship next year. They are straight through to the semi final and playing against a Waterford team that continue to struggle for scores. Limerick with a new manager, full squad and a point to prove after the strike will not be short of motivation and could very well get into the final. After that, who knows.

Comment

Limerick decent value at 10/1 for Munster Hurling Championship next year. They are straight through to the semi final and playing against a Waterford team that continue to struggle for scores. Limerick with a new manager, full squad and a point to prove after the strike will not be short of motivation and could very well get into the final. After that, who knows.
                                                Maybe on betfair so as that i could lay off them. I mean stranger things have happened thats for sure.

New Tipp manager market

Paddy Power.com Oct 7th
                                                Vacant Tipperary Hurling Manager's Position

Richard Stakelum.... 2/1f
                                                Tommy Dunne..........3/1
                                                Nicky English............7/1
                                                Ken Hogan...............10/1
                                                TJ Connolly...............10/1
                                                Dinny Cahill..............20/1
                                                Bobby Ryan..............25/1

Dunne and English imo or else Declan Ryan with Dunne. They wont give the job to Dunne yet he is supposed to be very good he gave us a session last week but i missed it.
                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

6 team accum carrickshock, ballyhale, de la salle , ballygunner,oulart the ballagh and portumna . It pays around 5s
                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

6 team accum carrickshock, ballyhale, de la salle , ballygunner,oulart the ballagh and portumna . It pays around 5s
                                                    Hmmm wouldnt be too sure about DLS, think that Passage might just win that one.

If M Shan has his scoring boots on, Ballygunner could be in trouble as well

Comment

Hmmm wouldnt be too sure about DLS, think that Passage might just win that one.

If M Shan has his scoring boots on, Ballygunner could be in trouble as well
                                                      LOL @ me DLS 2-20 Passage 2-05

M Shan did have his scoring boots on though, scoring 1-12 of Lismore's 1-16 in a 1-16 a piece draw with Ballygunner

ul Enda. Pesky drawn games.

Comment

LOL @ me DLS 2-20 Passage 2-05

M Shan did have his scoring boots on though, scoring 1-12 of Lismore's 1-16 in a 1-16 a piece draw with Ballygunner

ul Enda. Pesky drawn games.
                                                        I felt the ballygunner game was the dodgy one but ballyhale lost which was an unreal shock. didnt even check the rest.
                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Maybe on betfair so as that i could lay off them. I mean stranger things have happened thats for sure.

New Tipp manager market

Paddy Power.com Oct 7th
                                                          Vacant Tipperary Hurling Manager's Position

Richard Stakelum.... 2/1f
                                                          Tommy Dunne..........3/1
                                                          Nicky English............7/1
                                                          Ken Hogan...............10/1
                                                          TJ Connolly...............10/1
                                                          Dinny Cahill..............20/1
                                                          Bobby Ryan..............25/1

Dunne and English imo or else Declan Ryan with Dunne. They wont give the job to Dunne yet he is supposed to be very good he gave us a session last week but i missed it.
                                                          Not a bad little guess and the man was not even in the betting.
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Not a lot of value to be had in this weekends games (leinster club champo)

here are my picks available on PP

Rhode 1/8
                                                            Garrycastle 2/7
                                                            Skryne 1/6

Il be hammering the singles and might do a couple of funcky accums too because these games are pretty much a lock.

Also really fancy Portlaoise 11/8 @ home to Kilmacud Crokes. POrtlaoise is a horrible place to go and crokes havnt had a decent competitive game in 6 weeks

Comment

Some of the fantastic value in the club hurling is gone unfortunately. I got De La Salle at 25/1 after they won the Waterford championship. Excellent price considering Portumna and Ballyhale are gone, DLS have plenty of intercounty experience, a nice blend of youth and experience and also have gone far in the club championships in recent years. The big issue will be getting out of Munster though with Thurles Sarsfields looking very strong.

DLS into 12's now, still worth a bet imo.

Comment

Some of the fantastic value in the club hurling is gone unfortunately. I got De La Salle at 25/1 after they won the Waterford championship. Excellent price considering Portumna and Ballyhale are gone, DLS have plenty of intercounty experience, a nice blend of youth and experience and also have gone far in the club championships in recent years. The big issue will be getting out of Munster though with Thurles Sarsfields looking very strong.

DLS into 12's now, still worth a bet imo.
                                                                Ya a good few guys that know more than me seem to consider DLS as great value. Munster will be tough as you have said but i could see Sars choking.

25/1 is a fantastic price really. Id like to see DLS or Sars win the AI from a personal point of view.
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Which team do you fancy in the final Kev ? I personally wouldnt really have a clue but suppose its hard not fancy Sars.
                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Which team do you fancy in the final Kev ? I personally wouldnt really have a clue but suppose its hard not fancy Sars.
                                                                    Its definitely hard to fancy Sars, they are deserved favourites, I still have a sneaking suspcsion that DLS might do it though. They have some good experience now at this level and county level, also some top notch young lads. Also they came through with a very good win down in Cork in the semi final, in a game where they didnt shoot well and scored 22 points in early November depite Mullane not playing well. He'll surely play better Sunday and it will be interesting to see what happens.

The weather this time of year could level the playing field even more. Interesting stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                      Its definitely hard to fancy Sars, they are deserved favourites, I still have a sneaking suspcsion that DLS might do it though. They have some good experience now at this level and county level, also some top notch young lads. Also they came through with a very good win down in Cork in the semi final, in a game where they didnt shoot well and scored 22 points in early November depite Mullane not playing well. He'll surely play better Sunday and it will be interesting to see what happens.

The weather this time of year could level the playing field even more. Interesting stuff!
                                                                      Think Sars are 2/1 for all ireland bit mad imo.

I actually may have a fantastic bet soon regards the munster junior club final. Its a cork crowd against a tipp crowd im just praying that cashmans do a book on it which they may as they do all cork club games back to junior even.

If they do il post my reasoning as to why i feel the bet is so good.
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Munster and Leinster club hurling finals Sunday

DLS + 3 (5/6) v Thurles Sarsfields is a cracking bet. Its a game I feel DLS could well win, and think +3 is massive on the handicap in a 60 minute game thats likely to be tight and obviously lower scoring than normal it being end of November

O Loughlin Gaels (11/8) v Oulart the Ballagh also looks great. KK champs v Wexford champs. Oulart havent really been tested in Leinster, very unusual to see a KK team underdogs v a Wexford team. Has to be worth the bet.

Comment

I like the DLS bet but from what i heard i wouldnt back against Oulart.
                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

How the Oulart game go dont have the energy to search it out ?
                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

How the Oulart game go dont have the energy to search it out ?
                                                                              Postponed due to the weather. On this Sunday instead.

DLS ftw

Comment

Postponed due to the weather. On this Sunday instead.

DLS ftw
                                                                                Ya didnt overly surprise me wouldnt say it bothered me much either. Id probably like to see them win it.
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Anyone any thoughts on Dr Crokes at 11/2 ftw?

Seems massive to me given Kilmacud are 2/1 favourites.

If the two teams met I'd find it very hard to make Kilmacud strong favourites.

Is there a chance that the bookies are underestimating Dr Crokes because they haven't been deep in the competition in a while? The extreme strength of the Kerry club scene is to blame for this, along with Crokes peaking too early a number of times over the last couple of years.

They're an awesome outfit when they're at there best, and they're motoring pretty well at the moment.

Comment

Early season bet worth a few quid. Sligo to beat Galway at 15/8 tomorrow in the FBD league. Sligo are at home, Galway manager has said he'll be experimenting a lot in this compeition and also Galway missing a lot of their better younger players playing with the various colleges.

Its a just a pre season tournament so not worth putting the house on it, but a good price imo

Comment

I have a customer from Fermanagh who knows his GAA. For the last few weeks he has kept on telling me to get on Donegal for Division 2 @ 9s. I haven't got a clue about GAA but wouldn't mind having a nibble, thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                                                        I have a customer from Fermanagh who knows his GAA. For the last few weeks he has kept on telling me to get on Donegal for Division 2 @ 9s. I haven't got a clue about GAA but wouldn't mind having a nibble, thoughts??
                                                                                        Donegal are far too unpredictable imo,they have the ability to go from looing like All ireland contenders on one day to looking like a junior B club team the following week.
                                                                                        That said 9's does seem quite generous given there undisputable potential in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                                                          Meath @ 6/1(e/w 1/3 1-2) seems to be the best bet for Division 2......

I think Banty will be aiming for as much success as he can possibly get right from the start, he has nearly his full panel in at the minute. He also has challenge matches arranged right up untill the league starts and along with the O'Byrne cup games, Meath will have a decent idea of their best team come the 1st round of the league....

Comment

Apologies I meant to post about the Dublin v Westmeath game yesterday. Aftertiming ftw but some serious skin was made.

tonight Offaly are 9/2 to beat DCU. we should win but we are nowhere near a 1/7 shot. - thats with PP. Boyles have it priced a bit better but still off.

Comment

Just taught id bump this bcaus there is great value in anythin over 5/2 on an offaly win. Starts in 20 mins. Only worth a small bet but def value

Comment

Just taught id bump this bcaus there is great value in anythin over 5/2 on an offaly win. Starts in 20 mins. Only worth a small bet but def value
                                                                                                9/2 on PP. Away we go.

Comment

8 - 6 to dcu at half time got 4 unanswered points to go in ahead

Comment

Sigh after bein told they were getting a night off we bring on b cullen and mick murphy at half time you know the rest

Comment

Sigh after bein told they were getting a night off we bring on b cullen and mick murphy at half time you know the rest
                                                                                                      oh well

Comment

Hurling this weekend

Clare are 10/11 v Waterford in the Crystal hurling tournament. Well worth a bet imo. Clare have played 2 games and won scoring highly. I was at the Waterford game last week and we were very poor, I think a younger, Clare team with a bit more game time so far this season and home advantage will win this.

In the Leinster hurling final I think O Loughlin's are too big at 6/5 against Oulart the Ballagh.

Was gonna have a look at Laois against Kilkenny, as KK fielded an all u-21 team last week v NUIG, and only scored 2 points in the second half while still winning. But 15/8 on Laois is just too skinny.

Will do 3 pts on Clare, 2 on Loughlins and 1 pt on the double

Comment

Hurling this weekend

Clare are 10/11 v Waterford in the Crystal hurling tournament. Well worth a bet imo. Clare have played 2 games and won scoring highly. I was at the Waterford game last week and we were very poor, I think a younger, Clare team with a bit more game time so far this season and home advantage will win this.

In the Leinster hurling final I think O Loughlin's are too big at 6/5 against Oulart the Ballagh.

Was gonna have a look at Laois against Kilkenny, as KK fielded an all u-21 team last week v NUIG, and only scored 2 points in the second half while still winning. But 15/8 on Laois is just too skinny.

Will do 3 pts on Clare, 2 on Loughlins and 1 pt on the double
                                                                                                          Despite leading by 2-12 to 0-7 at HT Clare managed to lose by a point against Waterford.

Loughlins won the Leinster final by 2 points though so all evens out

Comment

Kilkenny 4/5 (PP) v Tipp this weekend in the opening round of the hurling league. Think that KK will be well up for revenge after last September and Cody will be picking a strong team. The AI champions often fare badly in these sort of 'revenge' encounters, plus Tipp's pre-season tournament games amounted to a defeat by WIT while KK beat both NUIG and Laois and ran up decent scores. 4/5 a big price here imo.

Antrim 1/2 (PP) v Kerry. Short priced and away from home I cant see anything other than an Antrim win here against division 2 new boys Kerry. It wasnt so long ago that Antrim beat Dublin to qualify for the All Ireland Quarter Final.

A small bet on Dublin 9/5 (Will Hill) v Waterford. I havent been at all convinced of Waterford pre season, starting games extremely poorly before putting in decent second half performances. Dublin on the other hand beat Galway in a high scoring game that went to the wire. Its a tentative bet as Dublin dont have a great record at all in Walsh Park

Comment

Kilkenny 4/5 (PP) v Tipp this weekend in the opening round of the hurling league. Think that KK will be well up for revenge after last September and Cody will be picking a strong team. The AI champions often fare badly in these sort of 'revenge' encounters, plus Tipp's pre-season tournament games amounted to a defeat by WIT while KK beat both NUIG and Laois and ran up decent scores. 4/5 a big price here imo.

Antrim 1/2 (PP) v Kerry. Short priced and away from home I cant see anything other than an Antrim win here against division 2 new boys Kerry. It wasnt so long ago that Antrim beat Dublin to qualify for the All Ireland Quarter Final.

A small bet on Dublin 9/5 (Will Hill) v Waterford. I havent been at all convinced of Waterford pre season, starting games extremely poorly before putting in decent second half performances. Dublin on the other hand beat Galway in a high scoring game that went to the wire. Its a tentative bet as Dublin dont have a great record at all in Walsh Park
                                                                                                              Yes KK will be looking for revenge, but Tipp will want to get the year off on the right foot and prove that they can undo KK again.
                                                                                                              Antrim should be a certainty.
                                                                                                              Dublin could be a good value bet. I havent been to any of the Deise games yet but from the reports I heard they are stuttering a bit
                                                                                                              Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol

Comment

tipp have alot of players attending a wedding 24hours before the game. Also have made 7 changes. I'm not sure how strong or weak these replacements will be

I like louth myself to beat westmeath, 4/5 hills
                                                                                                                down outright for ulster with hills at 5s
                                                                                                                and also think wicklow will beat leitrim

DIT are a good price to win the sigerson too
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Westmeath are definatly overpriced @ 6/4 to beat Louth....have some...!!

Comment

Big bet on KK for me. A good friend has advised me of such, and he is in a good position to know.

Comment

I've come out of retirement to put a few bob on KK too.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                        tipp have alot of players attending a wedding 24hours before the game. Also have made 7 changes. I'm not sure how strong or weak these replacements will be
                                                                                                                        Eoin Kelly's wedding no less. Young Timmy Hammersly will start in the forwards and he is very good, still though I'm sticking with my KK bet. They are into 4/6 on PP now

Comment

Are KK worth backing at 1.75?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X