NFL fantasy 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
    Chiefs have played 5 or 6 (cant remember) replacement QBs last few weeks and have a bye this week. Then have to go Broncos, Chargers, Broncos and Skins in 4 weeks so huge upgrade on QBs they've been facing. Think you'd be giving up a bit too much particularly with Ivory for that trade. Chiefs D has been great but gonna come under proper test next few weeks

I've never played the Fantasy with the flex so not really sure what positions get more points. ie: Def > RB?
    Agree with this for the most part.
    If the Chiefs were not facing the tough 4 weeks coming and you didn't have an issue at RB then I would be more open to the trade.
    However, it appears you need to hold Ivory for the flex position or RB cover at least.
    Also, with respect to defences even though the Chiefs are #1 D by a mile, weekly numbers can fluctuate wildly.

I just fall on the side of no trade...

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

At the moment my RB's are Frank Gore, Chris Ivory, Stephen Ridley and I just picked up Darrel Young on Waivers to cover Bye week issues. Bare in mind it is a 12 man league.
      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

After Week 10 - Booms & Busts!!!

Originally posted by gocall01 View Post
        Happy with my lot:
        Not so bloody happy now!
        Running at 5-5 with the playoffs looking a tough ask.

QB
        Tony Romo Stuck with him, can be huge or useless, ok for a late round pick - MEH!
        Carson Palmer Dropped ages ago, rubbish - BUST!
        Decided on Romo a long while back so happy to get him so late.
        Also ok with Palmer, the Arizona offence should be way better this year.

RB
        Doug Martin Total bust, didn't expect a repeat of rookie year but 0 TDs and finished for the year - BUST!
        Frank Gore Brilliant, has evolved into my RB1 - BOOM!
        DeAngelo Williams Was ok as a backup, replaced now - BUST!
        LeVeon Bell Brilliant, has evolved into my RB2 - BOOM!
        Happy with Martin and Gore as starters, Williams is a good backup and if Bell recovers from injury then there are points to be had.

WR
        Dez Bryant Stuck with him, can be huge or useless - MEH!
        Danny Amendola Too injury prone but hopefully will have a good run in - BUST!
        Jordy Nelson Was a super WR2 until Rodgers got injured, still ok - BOOM!
        Emmanuel Sanders Gone - BUST!
        DeAndre Hopkins Gone - BUST!
        Very happy with the starting 3, the backups are ok, just.

TE
        Jermichael Finley Injured, gone - BUST!
        Martellus Bennett Was a super TE until Cutler got injured, still ok - BOOM!
        Happy with Finley at the round I got him at, with a nice backup.

K
        Randy Bullock BUST!
        I know little about kickers but have heard good things about this guy and what a name!

DEF
        Arizona Cardinals BOOM!
        Happy but who knows.

There are a few good team rosters in play, looking forward to it!!!
        Suck it up!!!

Comment

Suck it up!!!
          Looking for some more trade advice lads.

Chris Ivory for Philip Rivers and Hakeem Nicks?

My current QB options are Eli Manning or Pryor and my WR options are Cruz & AJ Green (on bye this week) , Subs are Emmanuel Sanders (currently injured) and Chris Givens

Chris Ivory has been my Flex option and without him my only backup RB is Darrel Young - thoughts?

Comment

Playoffs time
            airport, lol

Comment

I think I'll have a bye after this week's victory.

Comment

Well done to all in the play-offs.
                Going to have to take a good long hard look at my drafting system for next year.
                Also, the amount of times I benched a guy because of bad match ups and he had a stromer was unnatural!!!

Anyway, on to the consolation prize...

Comment

I've picked up a few nice additions through the waiver wire but it makes picking a team a bit of a nightmare. Eg at RB now I have Andre Brown, Morris, Vereen, Woodhead & Tate. Time to close my eyes and pick any two...

Comment

So sick getting dumped out in the first round of the playoffs. Worst week of the year obv and i was cruising the previous 6 weeks. Had the highest scoring team in the regular season. I'm like a young Peyton Manning

Comment

happy with my start against whoever I am playing at least peyton didnt go too wild and matthews picked up a nice few points
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                        happy with my start against whoever I am playing at least peyton didnt go too wild and matthews picked up a nice few points
                        Who's the person that abused me last week anyway? Henne Given Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                          Who's the person that abused me last week anyway? Henne Given Sunday?
                          i have no idea Ive asked a couple of times for people to claim their teams but they seem to like the secrecy!!
                          airport, lol

Comment

i have no idea Ive asked a couple of times for people to claim their teams but they seem to like the secrecy!!
                            Sorry. Hadnt logged on in a week or so, yeah Henne Given Sunday ur defending champs are my team.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                              So sick getting dumped out in the first round of the playoffs. Worst week of the year obv and i was cruising the previous 6 weeks. Had the highest scoring team in the regular season. I'm like a young Peyton Manning
                              Yeah kinda felt bad bout knockin u out with my losing 6-7 record!!

Comment

fucking adrian peterson, bad choices in wr too. wp'd
                                airport, lol

Comment

All hail your 2 time fantasy nfl champion!! :-)

Comment

Congrats to our IPB Fantasy NFL double world champ! Fonkey beat Lurker23 to claim the title.

Fonkey gets €180 for winning and Lurker gets €60 for finishing runner-up.

I thought the standard was a lot higher in the league this year. Hopefully we'll see all the same faces back here in August for another run at the world title!
                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Congrats to both!

If you drop me a PM with how you would like to be paid I'll sort it out today.
                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Willing to donate to this again if it runs. Think it's that time of year if someone wants to step up and run it...

Comment

I'd be interested in playing too

Comment

Mise Freisin.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yeah count me in too

Comment

In.

Comment

In.

Comment

In

Comment

Inski. Can try running it if whoever did it last year wants someone else to do it

Comment

Inski. Can try running it if whoever did it last year wants someone else to do it
                                                        Eagle Eye hasn't posted since March, would say go for it.

Comment

Agree with Oscar. Go for it man.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'd be in for this too.

Comment

Yep, In

Comment

Right will look at setting it up later in the week, keep it at €20 a man should be fine. Just to note that has to be even numbers in the league and its capped at 20 players but prob best to only have 14ish I think for draft purposes.... thoughts?

People with the early interest, 14 there so far.

bohsman
                                                                brady23
                                                                theresa
                                                                fonkey
                                                                teddie
                                                                lurker23
                                                                mcnugget
                                                                ghostface
                                                                rufio
                                                                silver tiger
                                                                akdonk
                                                                white knight
                                                                eamonhonda
                                                                Reserved place
                                                                Last edited by ghostface; 05-08-14, 21:34.

Comment

In

Comment

In again

Comment

will be in also. should spots be held for last years players up to a certain date and if not claimed released to others?

Also definitely no more than 14
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

will be in also. should spots be held for last years players up to a certain date and if not claimed released to others?

Also definitely no more than 14
                                                                        Well last year I had my name down unknown to the cap and was omitted but one of the first in this time. Should be first come first served imo

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                          Well last year I had my name down unknown to the cap and was omitted but one of the first in this time. Should be first come first served imo
                                                                          I disagree, but whatever majority goes for. Reserve one for eagle eye for couple of days in case he shows up again, he did run the last one
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I disagree, but whatever majority goes for. Reserve one for eagle eye for couple of days in case he shows up again, he did run the last one
                                                                            Well that I do agree with because he ran it. No big deal either way, as you said, whatever majority rules is fine.

Comment

What's the timeline needed to do the draft etc? And what are the optimal numbers? If there were 16 or so interested would it make more sense to run 2?

Comment

Think 16 would be best as that would give 4 groups of 4 teams. 12 teams will mean a less balanced league imo.

Comment

12 works just means the top two in each division go straight to semis in playoffs.

Easy either way though.

What site are we using? I used fleaflicker last year and it was good although I havent used any other sites so can't comment. Again, Im easy on that. Fleaflickers email draft system is handy.
                                                                                  Last edited by Theresa; 06-08-14, 07:10.

Comment

We used nfl.com last year. Was my first time playing so have nothing to compare it to.

Comment

Also, Hard Knocks Ep 1 Falcons was on last night.

I'm in work, but can someone PM a link to a torrent for it, or let me know if its avail in the usual places?

Thanks

Comment

I'd suggest NFL site cos already set it up but if anyone thinks there is a better one will have a look at it

Comment

I'd suggest NFL site cos already set it up but if anyone thinks there is a better one will have a look at it
                                                                                          Nah thats sweet. I was only wondering. Keep it as easy for you as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                            Also, Hard Knocks Ep 1 Falcons was on last night.

I'm in work, but can someone PM a link to a torrent for it, or let me know if its avail in the usual places?

Thanks
                                                                                            Link for Hard Knocks

Iago has kindly agreed to hold the money for the league, so if would like to transfer money to him. He prefers bank transfer or paypal, details are prob in Prem FF thread or in your inboxes somewhere. €20 should suffice

Comment

I think it should be run the same way as last year. It's been run like that for years. Anymore than 12/14 teams and you end up sacrificing draft depth.

If we get enough interest I'll happily enter a second league too.

Extremely excited for hard knocks!!!

Comment

Will cap it at the 14 for now, further people interested can be reserves and can fill in if people drop out

Comment

Right will look at setting it up later in the week, keep it at €20 a man should be fine. Just to note that has to be even numbers in the league and its capped at 20 players but prob best to only have 14ish I think for draft purposes.... thoughts?

People with the early interest, 14 there so far.

bohsman
                                                                                                  brady23
                                                                                                  theresa
                                                                                                  fonkey
                                                                                                  teddie
                                                                                                  lurker23
                                                                                                  mcnugget
                                                                                                  ghostface
                                                                                                  rufio
                                                                                                  silver tiger
                                                                                                  akdonk
                                                                                                  white knight
                                                                                                  eamonhonda
                                                                                                  eagle eye
                                                                                                  Line up of 14 complete there with EE confirming his involvement.

Payment details should be as 2nd post in this thread as follows to Iago:

Paypal email is gareth dot dempsey at gmail dot com

Bank Transfer (PM for details)
                                                                                                  Last edited by ghostface; 07-08-14, 20:10.

Comment

Ghostface if you are running this I recommend adding a flex option rather than 3rd wr, gives more options especially in a 14 team league. No brainer imo.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I'd also recommended adding the waiver budget option. Each player gets 100 waiver points to bid on players on the waiver wire. If ya spunk your points too early you lose out etc, adds a bit more to the waivers if people were up for it. I do it in my other league and everyone prefers it.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Damn it was on hols.
                                                                                                        Please count me in again this year!

Obviously I like the rule where previous entrants are catered for first.

Comment

Honda, keep quiet with your good suggestions!!

Will have a look to see what other shit can do on settings for the league later

Comment

Honda, keep quiet with your good suggestions!!

Will have a look to see what other shit can do on settings for the league later
                                                                                                            Haha there's plenty of other options but I like to add that one myself. Otherwise I pretty much leave rules as is
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I'm in for this, thanks for taking over Ghostface. We will have a new addition to the family very shortly so I wouldn't be able to commit to running it.

I'll hand over the league we've been using to you if you want. Its got all the history of winners since we began and I think it would be nice to continue with that. So pm me and I'll give you control of it.
                                                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Just wondering if you know of any other leagues seem to have missed the boat with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm in for this, thanks for taking over Ghostface. We will have a new addition to the family very shortly so I wouldn't be able to commit to running it.

I'll hand over the league we've been using to you if you want. Its got all the history of winners since we began and I think it would be nice to continue with that. So pm me and I'll give you control of it.

Ghostface if you are running this I recommend adding a flex option rather than 3rd wr, gives more options especially in a 14 team league. No brainer imo.
                                                                                                                  I'd also recommended adding the waiver budget option. Each player gets 100 waiver points to bid on players on the waiver wire. If ya spunk your points too early you lose out etc, adds a bit more to the waivers if people were up for it. I do it in my other league and everyone prefers it.
                                                                                                                  Have selected the option to have WR/TE/RB instead of last WR. Should I add QB to this list too?

Can only sort waifer points post draft so someone remind me to have a look at that later.

Damn it was on hols.
                                                                                                                  Please count me in again this year!

Obviously I like the rule where previous entrants are catered for first.
                                                                                                                  Don't think can choose someone to be chucked out now sorry 1st reserve anyway

Originally posted by Alsully View Post
                                                                                                                  Just wondering if you know of any other leagues seem to have missed the boat with this one.
                                                                                                                  will stick you down as next reserve, if a lot of interest we can prob start another league

Comment

Originally posted by Alsully View Post
                                                                                                                    Try boards.ie, think they have 10 divisions going this year.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk

Have selected the option to have WR/TE/RB instead of last WR. Should I add QB to this list too?

Can only sort waifer points post draft so someone remind me to have a look at that later.

Don't think can choose someone to be chucked out now sorry 1st reserve anyway

will stick you down as next reserve, if a lot of interest we can prob start another league
                                                                                                                      Flex would usually just be wr/rb but te is cool too. Def not qb though
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

I have waiver points sorted pre draft On my league?
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Any chance of making it a 16 team league seeing as there are 2 extra looking to join?
                                                                                                                          It will just taking a little extra research to complete the extra depth picks!!!

I can take a course on begging if required...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X