Please analyze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please analyze

PokerStars Game #39135190004: Omaha Pot Limit ($1/$2 USD) - 2010/02/02 16:42:52 ET
    Table 'Stromgrenia II' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: harrydammit ($80 in chips)
    Seat 2: michaeld18 ($414 in chips)
    Seat 3: MaxBracht ($30 in chips)
    Seat 4: Percussion ($292.60 in chips)
    Seat 5: gfabs5 ($443.15 in chips)
    Seat 6: Xr8ed ($208.20 in chips)
    gfabs5: posts small blind $1
    Xr8ed: posts big blind $2
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to michaeld18 [5c Ts 6c 8h]
    harrydammit: folds
    michaeld18: raises $5 to $7
    MaxBracht: folds
    Percussion: folds
    gfabs5: raises $13 to $20
    Xr8ed: folds
    michaeld18: calls $13
    *** FLOP *** [2c 4c 5s]
    gfabs5: bets $26
    michaeld18: calls $26
    *** TURN *** [2c 4c 5s] [5h]
    gfabs5: checks
    michaeld18: bets $44
    gfabs5: raises $179 to $223

Don't have any stats on opp as my laptop is gone and using a new one.

Should I be checking back the turn here?

And what is my move as played out?
    Last edited by mdoug; 02-02-10, 22:05.
    Go big or go homeless.

From other posts/HH i gather that your opening range is really wide, so is peoples 3betting range against you really wide?

If not, and you can polarise him to AAxx/KKxx with clubs or some rundown, then i'll clench my buttcheeks and tank it in, hoping he doesn't have a 5 dangler to go with his overpair.

Dont like pre or flop play (but flop is marginal imo)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      From other posts/HH i gather that your opening range is really wide, so is peoples 3betting range against you really wide?

If not, and you can polarise him to AAxx/KKxx with clubs or some rundown, then i'll clench my buttcheeks and tank it in, hoping he doesn't have a 5 dangler to go with his overpair.

Dont like pre or flop play (but flop is marginal imo)
      A lot of opponents ranges are wide but I haven't seen this guy 3bet me oop with junk before. He seems like a solid player is the only info I have on him really
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Pre-flop is v standard. I'd re-pot the flop some of the time, but callings fine too. Might be better this deep actually.

When he checks I'd bet bigger and call/get it in if he reraises as he does.

With him reraising from SB its unlikely he has house, so more likey a 5 dangler or a wheel maybe. or aa with clubs.

Comment

With 150 or less I definitely just shove the flop...at this stack depth, I think calling is fine, although I would still have shoving over as a play some of the time

Comment

Cheers for advice. I would love to post the outcome but I made a pretty bad move and folded the turn

Timebanked and couldn't put him on a hand I was beating or put him on any hand really, he doesn't seem the type to blow up in spots like these so opted for the safe option.
            Thanks for advice
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I dont totally hate the fold...you usually dont have the best hand imo, mostly his hand is big cards with a 5 dangler

Comment

Playing 200 bbs deep I actually like to check back the turn sometimes to mix up my range, you'll get a alot of value from hands you wouldn't normally and you get a shot at filling up on the river plus you also induce bluffs, if you brick the river you also get a cheaper showdown against his range that beats you.

Comment

Working...
                X