Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
    Teach her to say allahu akbar for the lols.
    Gosh, don't be saying that!

Just a story on something similar.
    I was good friends from when I arrived in Ireland in 2002 till I left in 2016. My BFF person had slowly being going more mental as the last few years went by. One of those conspiracy people, was posting up around Christmas that the reason everyone was getting the cold/flu was due to the Chemtrails that were more obvious in the sky I shit you not lol.

She has 5 kids and another on the way. The youngest 2 would be 5 and 3. She teaches them all about the conspiracy stuff and the 5 year old shouts Allahu Akbar at people or when the doorbell goes. He also, if he sees a triangle shouts illuminati! it is just fucking mental lol.

We had a fall out, which I was happy about as I could not be associated with such a crazy person. She is very anti vax, anti dr, anti establishment and anti school. In fact she was going to home school the kids. Considering she didn't even get so much as a junior cert pass she wouldn't be in great shape to do it anyway.

But my sister sends me stuff and she sent a pic where she was building lego twin towers and was teaching her 3 year old all about conspiracy stuff and how it is even hard for a plastic plane to knock a lego twin tower down.

Batshit crazy is not the word. Scary is another word. These kids don't stand a chance. She allowed second eldest who was kept out of school for most of 3rd year and had to repeat the year at another school to drop out of school. He isn't even 16 yet!

Some folk shouldn't be allowed to breed
    Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 23-04-17, 15:59.

Comment

That was good fun.
      Profit before people.

Comment

WP Clermont
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

great game. parra and lopez were fantastic!

Comment

I think we'll take a huge amount from that. Should be huge pride in that display plus the knowledge that if they tightened up the accuracy, they would have won.

Hope Clermont finally do it now.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just saw Erin Moran who was Joanie in Happy Days died. Aged 56. Loved that show

Comment

If only they still had Brock James at 10
                Last edited by Emmet; 23-04-17, 16:12.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

But my sister sends me stuff and she sent a pic where she was building lego twin towers and was teaching her 3 year old all about conspiracy stuff and how it is even hard for a plastic plane to knock a lego twin tower down.
                  Semi-related...

Gav and Dan never fully grew up. I'd say about 90%. In this video they used the remaining 10% to poorly construct a lego city and then make a plane have a bi...
                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Fk off Carlsberg for not doing Irish rugby semi finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      Nonsense, they should be beating themselves up for leaving a game behind. Poor discipline early, stupid errors later. They should have won that. Clermont stuck the white flag up after 60 minutes but somehow Leinster never spotted it. Now is not the time for them to tell each other that they have the big heart.
                      first time ever they've lost a european cup semi final. not a bad record, but you're right, they had their chance and blew it!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        first time ever they've lost a european cup semi final. not a bad record, but you're right, they had their chance and blew it!
                        First time Sexton has lost one. Leinster have lost a number of semi finals.

I thought the cooler heads of heaslip, o Brien and Kearney were missed in the opening 20 minutes.

I really can't see Clermont winning TBH. I hope they do and I've even gone to a final to support them but I can't see it.

Ruddock, Ringrose and henshaw were immense today. Leinster need a few more lads to kick on from here but you'd be hopeful that they will.
                        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 23-04-17, 17:15.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone know a good place to sell 4 Heineken Cup final tickets?!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                              I suspect they are worth close to zero at this stage, fans of the two teams will get their tickets from their own official allocations and not need much more.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                Lol. If Irish teams aren't there u can't give away final tickets, once the two finalists are known. The organisers should be on their knees thanking God that the Irish teams came back into it after last years debacle. Without the Irish support it's a dying side show.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                  and the 5 year old shouts Allahu Akbar at people or when the doorbell goes.
                                  This is gas in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                    Lol. If Irish teams aren't there u can't give away final tickets, once the two finalists are known. The organisers should be on their knees thanking God that the Irish teams came back into it after last years debacle. Without the Irish support it's a dying side show.
                                    Do a JOS type spread bet on Saracens and you'll have heightened interest in the final.

I think the english types will win by 10 or more

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                        First time Sexton has lost one. Leinster have lost a number of semi finals.

I thought the cooler heads of heaslip, o Brien and Kearney were missed in the opening 20 minutes.

I really can't see Clermont winning TBH. I hope they do and I've even gone to a final to support them but I can't see it.

Ruddock, Ringrose and henshaw were immense today. Leinster need a few more lads to kick on from here but you'd be hopeful that they will.
                                        Conan put in a serious game too.

If you think where Leinster were under Matt O'Connor's puke rugby and then the disaster that was last season, this year has been fantastic. I'd suggest the HC was lost away to Castres where they somehow allowed a team with zero incentive to compete back into the game. That's where the home SF was lost.

I'm still very happy with the season to date and the way the young lads have become men. I'm even happier that Leinster are great to watch again - it's superb entertainment, which we tend to forget is the purpose of sport.

Comment

Watching El Clasico with Gerry Armstrong commentating is like getting a tour of The Louvre by Danny Healy Rae.

Comment

There is a reasonable case to be made for exterminating Mick and Kate.

Comment

A fairly 'wow' set of proposals on abortion from the citizens assembly.
                                              I predict war if some of these go to a full referendum.

1. No restriction for real and substantial physical risk to life of woman.
                                              2. No restriction for real and substantial risk of suicide.
                                              3. No restriction for serious risk to physical health of woman.
                                              4. No restriction for serious risk to mental health of woman.
                                              5. No restriction for serious risk to health of woman.
                                              6. No restriction for risk to physical health of woman.
                                              7. Up to 22 weeks for risk to mental health of woman.
                                              8. Up to 22 weeks for risk to health of woman.
                                              9. Up to 22 weeks in cases of rape (tied vote with deciding vote cast by Judge Laffoy).
                                              10. No restrictions in cases of FFA.
                                              11. Up to 22 weeks in cases of non-fatal foetal abnormality.
                                              12. Up to 22 weeks for socio-economic reasons.
                                              13. No restrictions of any kind - up to 12 weeks.
                                              14. No distinction between physical and mental health.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  Watching El Clasico with Gerry Armstrong commentating is like getting a tour of The Louvre by Danny Healy Rae.
                                                  Can I reprise my Ronaldo meme here? He's been hilariously poor in the second half.

Comment

The Greatest.

Comment

It's hard to get one's head around some of the thinking from the citizens' assembly with that list. An extra 10 weeks for people to realise that they're busto, tying it with being raped which just got over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        I'd say majority of people (like the assembly did) would edge towards voting for most of those. In any case isn't the vote going to be 'to take the prohibition clause out of the constitution', not per se a vote for or against any of these. Any legalisation would then be a matter for the dail, something which it can't currently do. That's a much easier referendum to win, and shows some of the smarts of the assembly
                                                        Yeah I'd vote for most of that,just not up to listening to the absolute shitshow that will precede it.
                                                        Can kicking excercise over what happens now

Comment

Somewhat interesting, now all the tension has gone out of the French race, that the two presidential candidates belong to neither of the main parties.
                                                          Still hoping someone will break into her gaf, and steal her wallpaper
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                              Precious baby! Thank you Mr Gibney I love !

Comment

Press conference with Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp after their defeat 1-2 against Crystal Palace.Please subscribe, like the video and share wherever you ca...

Comment

Comment

Morning all you lovely people have a wonderful day

new album 'Child's Play' is out!platoon.lnk.to/childs-playSHE (Independent Release): alicephoebelou.lnk.to/she"She" - live recording in Berlin at Silent Gree...

The three most beautiful musicians on earth and their mastermind at MTVunplugged.Sharon (the sound) Corr - Violin Andrea (the breath) Corr - Tin Whistle Caro...
                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 24-04-17, 05:59.

Comment

Comment

My well-informed colleague tells me that store-bought ground coffee is for plebs, and the ultimate coffee is from grinding your own coffee.
                                                                        He's probably right, coffee that's ground and left to sit around is probably going to lose some flavour, oils whatever.

I couldn't be bother with it though. I buy a small bag beans from my coffee shop (who roast in house) and get them to grind it. I figure its better than something ground in last year from Tescos. Lazy medium FTW.

Seems coarse-ground coffee gives you more flavour compared to the fine-ground coffee they sell in shops.
                                                                        Think that's bollox though.
                                                                        My understanding is that a finer grind will release oils/flavour faster, but needs to be match with the brew process/time.

A fine grind in a french press will over-extract and be bitter. A coarse grind will under-extract in an espresso machine.

Comment

I am no expert on coffee but go for a manual they look so pretty!

Comment

Checking in for an 9hr flight yesterday which marks the end of holiday is very grim, this was tempered by being bumped to business... I heard of it happening to other people but never happened to me before. Then found out it was those type of seats that recline all the way to a bed. Considering it was a red eye flight, felt like I won the lotto.

Now need to work out how to get these free upgrades again in the future
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

We've regressed to a low tech household and ditched the nespresso machine in favour of the French Press. Vastly better coffee, plus helping to stave off the singularity.

My well-informed colleague tells me that store-bought ground coffee is for plebs, and the ultimate coffee is from grinding your own coffee. Seems coarse-ground coffee gives you more flavour compared to the fine-ground coffee they sell in shops.

Anyone have a recommendation for grinders? It seems like a simple enough technology yets theres so many of them to choose from.
                                                                              Whatever you do don't get a blade one. Conical burr ftw. Looking at €100+ for anything that won't fall apart in weeks. The yoke P&F posted takes about 20 minutes to grind enough for one cup and requires a lot of elbow grease.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                Whatever you do don't get a blade one. Conical burr ftw. Looking at €100+ for anything that won't fall apart in weeks. The yoke P&F posted takes about 20 minutes to grind enough for one cup and requires a lot of elbow grease.
                                                                                Gaggia MDF grinder imo. Had one 10 years+ and is a mighty yoke.

Comment

Oh don't pay attention to me listen To Zutroy and Duke, I don't know what i am talking about. It just looks so pretty me! Get an electric one

Comment

We've regressed to a low tech household and ditched the nespresso machine in favour of the French Press. Vastly better coffee, plus helping to stave off the singularity.

My well-informed colleague tells me that store-bought ground coffee is for plebs, and the ultimate coffee is from grinding your own coffee. Seems coarse-ground coffee gives you more flavour compared to the fine-ground coffee they sell in shops.

Anyone have a recommendation for grinders? It seems like a simple enough technology yets theres so many of them to choose from.
                                                                                    This

Recommended on here a while back. Handheld grinder, great bit of kit and less than €40.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Given that moneybags-Raoul's machine is about €300, what would we think of this Krupps one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Krups-GVX24...coffee+grinder
                                                                                            I have that one, works really well, the construction of the plastic bin that collects the ground coffee is a bit annoying but is open to modification.
                                                                                            I bought mine in I think Harvey Normans for €45 but it might have been on special offer that time .

Comment

Could we have a referendum to legalise on the spot execution of fucking Rubberneckers and Cunce that switch lanes 17 times a minute on the Naas road.
                                                                                              FFS!
                                                                                              There is a lorry on fire Southbound at Citywest causing a severe tailback to the M50 but Why the fuck should that be causing a 20 mile tailback past Naas on the other side? I'll tell you why ... because you are all fucking morons who shouldn't be allowed drive.

Self driving cars is going to turn out to have been a giant prank getting my hopes up in vain , isn't it?

Comment

It’s quite amazing that this abject United team could win the Europa league and finish top 4. ***It will be a hilarious situation though if Liverpool fall to 5th and then have to rely on United winning the Europa league in order to qualify for the
                                                                                                Champions league .** Scousers begrudgingly cheering on United.*** This really is the nightmare scenario that could befall *them.** Some of course would rather United lost even if it costs them but it will be interesting all the same.*
                                                                                                I wonder what Gif DeadParrot will select for the occasion in the United thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                                                  ***It will be a hilarious situation though if Liverpool fall to 5th and then have to rely on United winning the Europa league in order to qualify for the
                                                                                                  Champions league .** Scousers begrudgingly cheering on United.*** This really is the nightmare scenario that could befall *them.**
                                                                                                  Before you start wetting yourself with the excitement of it, you should know that 5th wouldn't qualify for the Champions League under these circumstances.

Comment

It’s quite amazing that this abject United team could win the Europa league and finish top 4. ***It will be a hilarious situation though if Liverpool fall to 5th and then have to rely on United winning the Europa league in order to qualify for the
                                                                                                    Champions league .** Scousers begrudgingly cheering on United.*** This really is the nightmare scenario that could befall *them.** Some of course would rather United lost even if it costs them but it will be interesting all the same.*
                                                                                                    How would Liverpool finishing 5th and United winning EL qualify Liverpool for CL?

Whoever finishes 5th qualifies for the EL. Except United if they finish 5th and winthe EL

Edit. Yeah or what AJ said. Stupid work distractions taking ages to post

Comment

To be fair it's quite amazing that Liverpool are all the close to United at all, United were close to favourites to win the league this year, on paper they've a much better team/squad. Liverpool doing decent to be in the shake up for 4th imo.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Fk you AJ for knowing everything . Still though saved me from lunchtime scoffs. I'll still urinate on me leg at ye getting 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Not being smart but what is the point of dog grooming?

Have a dog and when he rolls in the muck I'll throw him in the canal... Or the bath if I have to.
                                                                                                          Matting is the main reason but style another for those that want their dog to look good. Some breeds are fine for your canal/bath clean but should probably be brushed a lot too. Some dogs' hair would grow very long/thick too if left and others would shed all over the gaff if not groomed properly. It definitely tends to be the woman of the house who makes the booking and drops off the dogs.

Found when we were getting our dogs groomed that you could be waiting a week or two for an appointment, so when the wife was looking for a change of career it was one of the front runners. I only know the bits about grooming from her talking about it and from her training course that lasted 5 weeks full time. More than just brushing and washing anyway. Toenails, ears and sometimes anal glands get checked too. Very glamorous. Anyway, here's a pic of one of my dogs and she wouldn't respond well to a quick dip in the canal (although the left pic is prob what she'd look like after the canal)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                            To be fair it's quite amazing that Liverpool are all the close to United at all, United were close to favourites to win the league this year, on paper they've a much better team/squad. Liverpool doing decent to be in the shake up for 4th imo.
                                                                                                            The bookies were burnt by utd for decades Tis all. Sure the scouse pundits were declaring Liverpool a Republic last Sept. I see what yer doing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Could we have a referendum to legalise on the spot execution of fucking Rubberneckers and Cunce that switch lanes 17 times a minute on the Naas road.
                                                                                                              FFS!
                                                                                                              There is a lorry on fire Southbound at Citywest causing a severe tailback to the M50 but Why the fuck should that be causing a 20 mile tailback past Naas on the other side? I'll tell you why ... because you are all fucking morons who shouldn't be allowed drive.

Self driving cars is going to turn out to have been a giant prank getting my hopes up in vain , isn't it?
                                                                                                              I drove up from Kilcullen to M50 yesterday evening and some of the driving was shocking. I'm actually amazed the deaths on our roads aren't far higher judging by what I see most days. Yesterday I had 2 young girls driving a banger going about 140 trying to play catch with their mates (boy and girl) in a fast car. They were zipping in and out of lanes, braking hard, basically having a right craic. Problem is it will probably work out that someone else will get killed due to their driving.

I then saw this nutter flying up the inside lane, knew he wouldn't be able to get out, coming within an inch of being under an 18 wheeler. I eventually passed him (he was still in inside trying to get out) and the cunt had an eye patch fully covering one eye and was on the mobile. Brainless shit.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                                ...(although the left pic is prob what she'd look like after the canal)

1,2 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                  I drove up from Kilcullen to M50 yesterday evening and some of the driving was shocking. I'm actually amazed the deaths on our roads aren't far higher judging by what I see most days. Yesterday I had 2 young girls driving a banger going about 140 trying to play catch with their mates (boy and girl) in a fast car. They were zipping in and out of lanes, braking hard, basically having a right craic. Problem is it will probably work out that someone else will get killed due to their driving.

I then saw this nutter flying up the inside lane, knew he wouldn't be able to get out, coming within an inch of being under an 18 wheeler. I eventually passed him (he was still in inside trying to get out) and the cunt had an eye patch fully covering one eye and was on the mobile. Brainless shit.
                                                                                                                  And that's only in Dublin . Once you hit culchie land it's wacky races all the way . Got waving fist from pug headed boyo in West cork because I wouldn't go 120k on a mountain road with kids on board.
                                                                                                                  Was willing to discuss but he whizzed off towards deeper culchie land. Probably had 3 glasses of stout on board as per the recommended Healy Rae dosage. Ireland is an open air asylum (not even counting the lolpool fans). Wimmin ? Now have ya a spare hour ? (Think I've covered everyone)

Comment

That thread was locked as I was the only one posting to it

This wouldnt be the case here if we got 5th but...
                                                                                                                    But probably something like this if we ever had such a scenario
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seems a pity though that the PL don't get an extra place in this circumstance as it would generally be interesting to see who would pull for who. (All jesting aside )

Comment

In the bathroom, about to stick this needle in my ear. Wish me luck...

SPOILER

Comment

RIP Mellor

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X