Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People really overestimate the current Google advertising platform - it's no where near as efficient as that corn flakes analogy would suggest

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      I think it's a bit scary that someone as clued in as Conor could think that Google sees selling ads for Corn Flakes as their long game.
      They've already shaped and changed the world. For the better.

What do you see as their long game?
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        They've already shaped and changed the world. For the better.

What do you see as their long game?
        I agree I can't imagine the world without corn flakes. We wouldn't have that Tori Amos song for one!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
          People really overestimate the current Google advertising platform - it's no where near as efficient as that corn flakes analogy would suggest
          ORLY?

How much do YouTubers and YouTube make from ads and how are ads matched with videos? [The number in title is split between the channel and YouTube 60/40].Fo...
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

TV3 player has a cut down edited version of the final table for the IO at a one hr length if anyone is interested hope it's ok to put here.

Also @Feetmagic I love that your avatar is of Willow :P

Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 09:46.

Comment

Privacy is overrated . Just sing when on the jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                Privacy is overrated . Just sing when on the jacks.
                lol Great acoustics in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Tiger Roll, Bonny Kate, Bless the Wings - any of you can be my heros of the day
                  Gone for the bottom one, Oscar Knight, myself. And I've backed 1 of the last 1 winners, so, you know, form.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tiger Roll, Bonny Kate, Bless the Wings - any of you can be my heros of the day
                    Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Gone for the bottom one, Oscar Knight, myself. And I've backed 1 of the last 1 winners, so, you know, form.
                    mixing it up. went for oscar knight, tiger roll, and foxrock (cause i miss dublin!!)

Comment

Very weird story. Very well shot mini-documentary.

The Last Days of Peter Bergmann

In 2009, a man arrived in an Irish town with a plan to disappear forever. Directed by Ciaran Cassidy.
                      More on this documentary: aeon.co/videos/in-2009-a-man-arrived-in-an-irish-town-with-a-plan-to-disappear-forever
                      Watch more on Aeon: aeon.co/video
                      Subscribe: vimeo.com/aeonvideo

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        mixing it up. went for oscar knight, tiger roll, and foxrock (cause i miss dublin!!)
                        I like the top two in the betting, Our Duke and Fletchers Flyer. Alpha des Obeaux EW and to be best of the gigginstown horses.

No real logic behind why I think Whiteout will run well in the hurdle.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

My Mom was watching an old TV show last night ...Tales of the unexpected .she was watching a couple of episodes ..with that actress Siobhan McKenna mentioned a day or two ago. She plays a land lady all of a sudden she and the other character..they keep saying my surname over ...it's like Muholland Drive all over again!

Comment

Minella foru for me
                            Have a feeling
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Fletchers Flyer for me and The Game Changer for a wild each way punt.

Comment

I would argue that a reduction in our long held ideas of privacy and the advancement of tech are totally symbiotic. The very business model of the tech giants, the ones advancing technology is based around selling information about us to people looking to sell us Corn Flakes.
                                Yes it's a new and scary world but I think it's absolute nonsense to claim it is 'far more worrying' than Turkey, a country of 75m on Europe's doorstep slipping into a theocratic dictatorship. C'mon now.
                                You don't see the link between privacy and the ability of people to protest and enact social change under a dictatorship? The constant trite remarks about information gathering are hard for me to understand given all we now know about how that information was/is used by government.

You had very little choice about who did or didn't know your opinions. If I want right now I could chime in on debates in pretty much every country in the world. How is that an erosion of choice?
                                The ability of people to discuss ideas privately is what is being eroded. Private conversations, emails, phonecalls, internet research etc is all apart of something you do with a certain expectation of privacy. Trump recently repealed the Internet Privacy Act enacted under Obama. We are building systems of mass surveillance.

So what? Seriously. It's only scary if you visualise it as some goon in an underground office carefully poring over the fine details of what you get up to, rather than a mindless bot gathering information that it can auction off to advertisers. That's the business model. That's all it is, a business model.
                                I don't need to imagine, I just need to google PRISM.

Opr

Comment

Making my standup comedy debut in 5 hours. Am bricking it.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yeah?!! That sounds class. Is it something like an open mic in Ha'penny Inn?
                                      It's actually a proper gig in Whelan's with a headline act and all (Colm O'Regan). Every few weeks they let a rando do 5 minutes at the start. Tonight that will be me! Have written some jokes and all.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

All in on Nobel Endeavour . May the poor nag rest in peace

Comment

Going to Michael McIntyre on Friday, possibly my first comedy night, cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                            It's actually a proper gig in Whelan's with a headline act and all (Colm O'Regan). Every few weeks they let a rando do 5 minutes at the start. Tonight that will be me! Have written some jokes and all.
                                            Oh you are going to be fab! You are always funny...and you are a badger!

You should have said would have arranged to go ! But maybe you didn't want to ...I am so excited for you.

Guys ...sssh don't tell i have an itty bitty crush
                                            He's so cute! look
                                            Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 18:31.

Comment

That just backs up my point. Of course people were correct to be worried about the new tech at the time, but they would not have been correct to halt it.
                                              Your ok with over a million people a year having their lives ended early because of car accidents? That's absolutely crazy. Close your eyes and visualise what a millions peoples funerals look like. All of those lives cut short.

Had "they" halted it, they might have designed a better system that didn't cause such constant human carnage and pollution.

Comment

i really want a munchkin kitten can you get them in Ireland?? Prob best to get a rescue though...

ANDY A badger for good luck! :P I think you are going to be great ..and having fun is all that matters
                                                Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                  i really want a munchkin kitten can you get them in Ireland??
                                                  [IMG]i really want a munchkin kitten https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/ab/e8/8babe88f6001c9cb9f4bb4fb7e9453bd.jpg[/IMG]
                                                  Remember a kitten is not just for Christmas..... they can last up to 6 weeks in the freezer after.

Even if you cant find a breeder in Ireland (and maybe you should consider the breed you want first) it wouldn't be overly difficult to find one in the UK and bring the animal to Ireland from there (once chipped and vaccinated).
                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                    Remember a kitten is not just for Christmas..... they can last up to 6 weeks in the freezer after.

Even if you cant find a breeder in Ireland (and maybe you should consider the breed you want first) it wouldn't be overly difficult to find one in the UK and bring the animal to Ireland from there (once chipped and vaccinated).
                                                    I know I was thinking that too. But her kitten passport would need to be in order! I think from the UK would be too much for a kitten! Too long a way.

I wanted a munchkin or a ragdoll. They used to give an EU passport.

It might be better to get a rescue. I think I can get ragdoll kittens here though.
                                                    This is a Ragdoll Kitten. I have loved them for ages!

They grow up to be like this.

They are perfect lap cats :P So floppy!

But it was only recently i just thought munchkins were cute...But rescues are good too...

I was waiting until Griffin was as healed as he was going to get really.

Comment

I know I was thinking that too. But her kitten passport would need to be in order! I think from the UK would be too much for a kitten! Too long a way.

The animal's passport, chip, etc wont be checked when moving between UK and RoI. You can even leave them in a carrier in your car (with window cracked). You can't bring them onto the passenger decks and it's pretty loud on the car decks so it can be a stressful crossing for them.

If you want something specific then it's worth finding the right breeder.

Edit... dont go for blue eyes and white fur... most likely to be deaf (though not sure if that's all breeds).
                                                      Last edited by bp_me; 17-04-17, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                        The animal's passport, chip, etc wont be checked when moving between UK and RoI. You can even leave them in a carrier in your car (with window cracked). You can't bring them onto the passenger decks and it's pretty loud on the car decks so it can be a stressful crossing for them.
                                                        Thank you! I did find a place for Ragdolls in Wexford. There is possibly one even nearer.

Did you go through this yourself and adopt that way? I don't know if I would be able to leave them in a carrier for the length of time of the journey from NI to Irl ...i know people do though. It's just sounds very stressful. Ragdolls are more expensive here in Irl though I am not sure why....fewer breeders maybe. They are pedigrees though..i would be happy with a moggy too ...

Comment

Thank you! I did find a place for Ragdolls in Wexford. There is possibly one even nearer.

Did you go through this yourself and adopt that way? I don't know if I would be able to leave them in a carrier for the length of time of the journey from NI to Irl ...i know people do though. It's just sounds very stressful. Ragdolls are more expensive here in Irl though I am not sure why....fewer breeders maybe. They are pedigrees though..i would be happy with a moggy too ...
                                                          We brought my wife's British Short hair (whiskas cat...) from the Netherlands... two boat journeys and probably 10+ hours in his own carrier. Some of the more placid breeds will be content to sit in the carrier. Just have a litter box in the boot in case he/she needs to go and pay attention to the warning signs. It probably helped that he is an adult house cat so is used to being pretty sedentary anyway.

I wouldn't have any concerns about the journey from more or less anywhere in NI to Wexford. It's only a few hours and you wouldn't be leaving the animal alone at any stage.

Comment

..also ragdolls are indoor cats because they are so docile..but that is EXACTLY why i love them so ...just so floppy

**see a new video with Caspian grown up! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrwHiHzS47MMeet Prince Caspian, a Ragdoll cat. He loves his toy mouse, playing tag...

I LOVE British Short hairs Yes I had heard about white cats with blue eyes being deal in a lot of breeds not for ragdolls though...they all have blue eyes. Even the ones that are sable or flame.
                                                            Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 17:20.

Comment

I LOVE British Short hairs Yes I had heard about white cats with blue eyes being deal in a lot of breeds not for ragdolls though...they all have blue eyes. Even the ones that are sable or flame.
                                                              The big thing with a lot of those breeds is the amount of hair they leave everywhere.

It's possible to (almost literally) brush an entire other cat's worth of hair off of him and still have him look as furry as ever!

Comment

WORTH IT

Comment

Quite hard to see how I fail to back a horse christened Our Duke.

Slipping.

Comment

Slipping.
                                                                    Have had "Caught me slippin'" in my head for several days recalling this old Dave Chappelle bit:

"Caught me slippin!" Dave Chappelle UNCENSORED at The Laugh Factory in Hollywood, CA. See more hilarious stand up comedy and check our club schedule on http:...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Arsenal playing 3 at the back for the first time in 20+ years. A little too late trying to change things around but interesting to see how it works.

Comment

Saw this clip last week (skip to 4:00 after the start)

Occurred on April 8, 2017 / Wiset Chai Chan District, Ang Thong, Thailand"A rat snake almost bit a customer in the internet cafe."TO SEE THE HOTTEST VIRAL VI...

and saw this today

Occurred on April 16, 2017 / Lampang, Thailand"A wild snake almost bit a motorcyclist."TO SEE THE HOTTEST VIRAL VIDEOS DAILY...Subscribe to us on YouTube: ht...

Snakes are becoming sneaky, crafty bastards!

Comment

The Leftovers is back for its final season

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Arsenal playing 3 at the back for the first time in 20+ years. A little too late trying to change things around but interesting to see how it works.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Making my standup comedy debut in 5 hours. Am bricking it.
                                                                                Break a leg

And... Video or GTFO
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

not even trying to hide it
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Look forward to hearing about this.

Comment

When was the last 'In the Well thread?' Not since joined anyhow ..or started my inane posting. Due another surely. But perhaps it's a lost tradition.

Comment

Going to bring the kids to Fairyhouse tomorrow as part of my long-running "get the kids into racing so that when they are old enough, they will drive Daddy to the races where he can drink and gamble away to his heart's content" strategy. It's a long con.

Comment

When was the last 'In the Well thread?' Not since joined anyhow ..or started my inane posting. Due another surely. But perhaps it's a lost tradition.
                                                                                          sure everyone has done one by now

Comment

sure everyone has done one by now
                                                                                            I missed them all! ??? booooo Now I can't ask questions..

Comment

I missed them all! ??? booooo Now I can't ask questions..
                                                                                              How's the well?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                How's the well?
                                                                                                What do you mean? I am sorry I don't understand.
                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 21:07.

Comment

What do you mean? I am sorry I don't understand.
                                                                                                  My bad it was a beautiful Mermaid lagoon swimming pool, not a well.

Comment

My bad it was a beautiful Mermaid lagoon swimming pool, not a well.
                                                                                                    That is VERY sweet. Thank you. I am a fish...albeit a nice one. It's a beautiful pool.....it just makes me seem better than I am by swimming in it

The trick to swimming for those of us who cannot swim...is a nice pool

Comment

I am a fish in a bucket :P

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                        The Leftovers is back for its final season
                                                                                                        Lined up. Will be hard to come close to last season. Some of the best TV around.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Well i can only find 4 in the well threads. I think it would be nice to do another. If someone would.

Just think ..right now ..Andy is treading the boards....may it go well for him.

Comment

That piano !
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

A steal

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                That piano !

Oh you mean this??
                                                                                                                Yes it's quite lovely Beautiful house. That is stunning actually. The tower ...

The art behind the bed ..i can't quite see it ..lovely though.
                                                                                                                I like the Japanese painting on the stairs

That is my dream house really I would girl it up a bit. I love the photos strewn on the dresser ...floods of memories almost ..from a another person's life. ...

It's very beautiful. I wonder how it's going for that price?
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 21:36.

Comment

kitchen rank other than that its for nothing, Templemore some kip though !
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

You should move there sat :P

The kitchen could be redone though...

I don't really know Tipp so well ...

The tower aspect ..it's so ..striking to the mind though...

Parts of it remind me of Tudor style buildings.

HOUSE PORN :P
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 17-04-17, 21:39.

Comment

You should move there sat :P

The kictchen could be redone though...
                                                                                                                      lol I ran out of Tipperary 14 yrs ago , I have no plans to return lol
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

When you factor in the price of moving it to somewhere civilised it loses its value though. Looks class otherwise
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Look forward to hearing about this.
                                                                                                                          I have it on good authority that Andy absolutely nailed his performance. Probably enjoying some well earned pince now

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X