Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

United can go fuck themselves, how anyone can defend that treatment is beyond me.

Don't blame the guy in the slightest for telling them where to go when being told to 'volunteer' to give up the seat either, especially once boarded.
      Last edited by NewApproach; 10-04-17, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        The world truly has two types of people if some of you think it's in anyway acceptable to drag someone who has a ticket and is sitting in their seat off a plane because the airline wanted to make a few quid extra by overbooking
        Free night in a hotel with 800 dolla for coke & hookers, they were hardly turning a profit putting four staff on board tbf.

That said America seems to be slowly turning into a parody of itself regarding security/police forces since 9/11. Thank fuck we don't have to deal with that shite here.

Comment

The world truly has two types of people if some of you think it's in anyway acceptable to drag someone who has a ticket and is sitting in their seat off a plane because the airline wanted to make a few quid extra by overbooking
          The first post about it was a 30 second video that could have been showing anything. If SP had included the detail DP did then it would have provided all the context.

If true then it is absolutely disgraceful, and the airline deserves to be boycotted and go out of business for having work practices like that in place.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            How are we meant to know it's a doctor? Annoying cunt of a voice anyhow from that woman, sounded like Janice from Friends.
            At a party how do you know who the the doctor is.

He tells you.

Comment

Seems like the problem just compounded and no one had any authority to stop the bleeding.

Check in desk should have had the authority to offer the first deal at time of check in to all customers (surely they knew it was overbooked).

IF people didnt accept then boarding staff at gate should have had authority to offer improved deal before people got on plane.

IF no one accepted there (which I feel is HIGHLY unlikely) then they should have had the authority to delay boarding until a deal was struck.

I think if the 800 bucks and a hotel deal was communicated early and effectively this doesnt happen. Instead the airline tried to push the margins by firstly overbooking and then offering the deal piecemeal AFTER the critical opportunities to offer it had passed.

Honestly, from what I gather, thats normal for american business culture.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Also LOL at the passengers giving him stick if they knew he was a doctor. IF there is one profession I want on a plane with me besides a Navy Seal, its a doctor.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The guy in yellow

This was originally broadcast on Prime Network "Schlitz Malt Liquor Professional Boxing". I've shown this to every friend in my lifetime. Possibly the worst ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Why would a doctor react like that anyway?
                    I am not a doctor but don't consider myself an irrational animal as a result of not having completed medschool. That was probably how I would if I was selected at random to have my travel arrangements fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                      I'm glad he aint my doctor. Seems like a proper mental patient.
                      Concussed and in shock.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                        New job starting next week. Going to be real weird having a routine apart from the madness that is travelling to and from poker tourneys.

New job is in a contact lens manufacturing place in Waterford called Bausch and Lomb. Also in talks with micknail about moving in to his new shiny pad. In the past 20 months I have lived in Cork, Limerick, Dublin, sligo and now back to waterford :tren
                        Under/overs on how long you last

Congrats

Comment

Heard a story years ago (probably made up tbf) of some woman who had a heart attack on board a domestic US flight to Florida. The cabin crew desperately ask is there's a doctor on board, hoping for some intern or something I guess. Turns out there were fifty plus cardiologists on the flight, heading to a conference

Comment

Are you against overbooking now? You were all for it as a concept ('theyd be crazy not to do it') when we were discussing the Gamercon thing.

Comment

HEre we go!
                              #MonkmanvGoldamn

I think Baliol might just sneak it but I'm for team Monkman

And Cosgrave who is as cool and collected as Monkman isn't
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Monkman on fire early doors

I bbvd him

Re bbv
                                Last edited by ghostface; 10-04-17, 19:15.

Comment

Monkman gonna assplode

Comment

Comment

Can't believe Monkman missed that Dog rose answer.

Nice presentation

Comment

Cosgrave should have known Battle of Clontarf.... at least he didn't answer the battle of the Boyne

Comment

Monkman meltdown really, gave away -20 in incorrect buzz-ins + the extra easy points that gives the opposition. Best was Paxman had specified 3 letter word for the 'dog' question and he buzzed in with 'decorative'.
                                          Another hero exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                            I am not a doctor but don't consider myself an irrational animal as a result of not having completed medschool. That was probably how I would if I was selected at random to have my travel arrangements fucked up.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Donald really has MAGA if a couple of hundred yanks were offered $800, free accomodation and a cast-iron excuse for skipping work...and no-one took up the offer.

wp Prez
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Heh! If indeed there is only a fixed number of spaces that would have been occupied for the entire 48 hours of gamercon by the same people the whole time, then that's a great comparison.
                                                  Fair point, though presumably airlines originally did a few thousand flights and analysed the data before coming up with the concept of overbooking, whereas Gamercon said 'fuck it, its our first conference, we'll do it despite having no actual knowledge of the maths or theory behind it or the expected behaviour of our customers'.

Overbooking is actually a moderately interesting concept (for a nerdish mind anyway) and seems not to have good software running to control it so there might be something you could get one of your students to run with i.e. if you are a 200 room hotel owner with 198 sold out for next weekend and I ring up looking to book 6 rooms then do you take my booking or not? Lots of data factors re your existing bookings would come into play, when exactly the bookings were made, business travellers or tourists, group bookings, major event on etc to work out the probability of rooms becoming vacant. And taking into account the cost to the business if there aren't any cancellations and you end up having to re-home some guests and compensate them.
                                                  Big data analysis program with 100s of variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Donald really has MAGA if a couple of hundred yanks were offered $800, free accomodation and a cast-iron excuse for skipping work...and no-one took up the offer.

wp Prez
                                                    I can't imagine my number being less than 2K.

Comment

Palace really good value for their 1-0 lead against Arsenal. Not 1 player on the pitch worthy of his place in the Arsenal team going by this performance. Shocking stuff

Comment

Only glanced at the last few pages , why did Connolly get thrown off the plane?

Comment

I'm amazed that it isn't a much bigger issue with Ryanair and indeed Aer Lingus considering the huge number of €10 fares they sell that are never used.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            I can't imagine my number being less than 2K.
                                                            $800 and 24 hours of not being beaten up by my children....I'd do it for free tbh
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

wp Prez
                                                              Yeah, this. I'd have been all over that.

I'd chance my arm and ask for $2k
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                Palace really good value for their 1-0 lead against Arsenal. Not 1 player on the pitch worthy of his place in the Arsenal team going by this performance. Shocking stuff
                                                                Nice try

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                  Anyone who enjoyed Serial podcast should enjoy this

A new podcast from Serial and This American Life. Hosted by Brian Reed.

Opr
                                                                  Half way through this its much more enjoyable than Serial, script and editing are a lot tighter .

John is such an infuriating character and reminds me too much of people I know and knew

Comment

Big Sam is sooooo good.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Arsenal fan tv will be bringing the lols later.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        Turns out there were fifty plus cardiologists on the flight, heading to a conference
                                                                        Reminds me of this interesting study:

The problem with United Airlines is that they didn't communicate the situation clearly enough...
                                                                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                          Arsenal fan tv will be bringing the lols later.
                                                                          Blud blud fam fam innit blud fam. Brap brap brap and then start fighting with each other. Could almost script it at this stage

Comment

I'm amazed that it isn't a much bigger issue with Ryanair and indeed Aer Lingus considering the huge number of €10 fares they sell that are never used.
                                                                            Ryanair don't overbook flights.

Comment

Was offered €400 by Aer Lingus last year as a result of overbooking and $600 IIRC during 'round two' of requesting volunteers by American just two weeks ago (didn't take either offer up, the number I would need is much higher). Both airlines struggled mightily to get anyone to volunteer. When your heart is stuck on getting somewhere, a few hundred quid in flight credit isn't particularly appealing!

Comment

Is it even possible to rock up to an airline desk and look for a cheap flight on the day anymore?

Comment

Ah heeor. That's just wrong, having me click on an Indo article
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

My brother and his wife go to the states probably twice a year on average, and always volunteer if they look for volunteers on their flight home and usually get about $500 each which overs a lot of the cost of the next holiday flight. They have done it 3 or 4 times at this stage I think.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                      Is it even possible to rock up to an airline desk and look for a cheap flight on the day anymore?
                                                                                      Except for then there are big events and Friday and Sunday evenings you can more or less always go to the Aer Lingus desk and get on the next plane to London for €150

Comment

I didn't know that but it makes sense. Strange then that they make it harder and usually more expensive than AL to buy a last minute flight.

Comment

I didn't know that but it makes sense. Strange then that they make it harder and usually more expensive than AL to buy a last minute flight.
                                                                                          Flights gradually going up in price is their business model - they would be destroyed if you could wait it out and get cheap flights on the day. Longterm its better for them to fly with a few empty seats rather than become known for being susceptible to last minute chancers.

Comment

Think I read something before that last minute bookers are the most price inelastic, so probably makes sense for it to be expensive.

Comment

Think I read something before that last minute bookers are the most price inelastic, so probably makes sense for it to be expensive.
                                                                                              But O'Leary could frankly say the sky is green and I'd row in behind him so don't mind me

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                Ah heeor. That's just wrong, having me click on an Indo article
                                                                                                What this thread sorely needs is more Ramzan Kadyrov (leader of Chechnya and Zod lookalike) pictures. Now I don't have Peace and Fire's sketching ability, so photos will have to do.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                  Blud blud fam fam innit blud fam. Brap brap brap and then start fighting with each other. Could almost script it at this stage
                                                                                                  I'm hoping for some ramped up aggression tonight though given the nature of the hiding they took.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                    New job starting next week. Going to be real weird having a routine apart from the madness that is travelling to and from poker tourneys.

New job is in a contact lens manufacturing place in Waterford called Bausch and Lomb. Also in talks with micknail about moving in to his new shiny pad. In the past 20 months I have lived in Cork, Limerick, Dublin, sligo and now back to waterford :tren
                                                                                                    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                      Was offered €400 by Aer Lingus last year as a result of overbooking and $600 IIRC during 'round two' of requesting volunteers by American just two weeks ago (didn't take either offer up, the number I would need is much higher). Both airlines struggled mightily to get anyone to volunteer. When your heart is stuck on getting somewhere, a few hundred quid in flight credit isn't particularly appealing!
                                                                                                      Why doesn't this stuff happen to me, when I have all the flexibility in the world? I'd accept a bag of sweets as compensation.

Comment

@Mellor

Ever play in the Merrion or the Fitz?? I think I have been to the star once in but not bray drimnagh ? I think JP used to do stuff there? I dealt once to get experience.(wasn't very good but they were ever so sweet..very nice people players and staff

I haven't played much poker recently ...and am probably the worst player on IPB....
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        edit worst players in history of poker ...i am the eddie the eagle of poker
                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 10-04-17, 23:43.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                          I'd accept a bag of sweets as compensation.
                                                                                                          mmm sweeties ...I can imagine it feels awful when it happens to you though.

Last edited by Guest; 11-04-17, 00:43.

Comment

It's a truly beautiful painting. The reason it's perhaps unknown is painters when doing religious Icons rarely signed them .more in the orthodox traditions though.as As the painter did not intend to glorify himself, it was not deemed necessary to sign an icon. It was considered disrespectful

That other story from Chechnya is awful.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 11-04-17, 00:39.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                              What this thread sorely needs is more Ramzan Kadyrov (leader of Chechnya and Zod lookalike) pictures. Now I don't have Peace and Fire's sketching ability, so photos will have to do.
                                                                                                              He gets about !

This is shocking though. He seems like a monster.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 11-04-17, 00:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                That is assault. It makes no difference it's an airline. Totally wrong.

Comment

If only people could chill out with movies I watched as a kid world be a better place.

Rio Bravo, directed by Howard Hawks with John Wayne, Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson (1959). A master piece.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                    If only people could chill out with movies I watched as a kid world be a better place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpXp90wi8MQ
                                                                                                                    My Dad loves those.
                                                                                                                    It's why I like a lot of sweet old films...Fantasy Disney....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I love the classics...

Comment

Can't decide which is better.

Can't work out how two very similar crisps are made by the one company.

Thank you Perri.

Both are better than a night of bad sex. Quality snack.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X