Employment/Business opportunities thread for members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment/Business opportunities thread for members

Given all the recuitment messing going on at the minute it made me think maybe we should have a dedicaated thread for members to post both regular (i.e. non poker) and poker jobs and/or business opportunites to other members of the community.

Clearly any further discussion would be done by pm or off line but having those kind of opportunites getting lost in the BBV is a slight disservice to the membership and those looking to employ someone.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Decent idea...

I'm regularly looking for web designers for small sites that I project manage fro my company. It's basically nixer work and I pay cash in hand, so work should be priced accordingly.

I'm just in the middle/end of a few so nothing much happening for a few months. But if you PM me with a list of sites you're designed I'll keep you in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by sickhabbit View Post
      Decent idea...

I'm regularly looking for web designers for small sites that I project manage fro my company. It's basically nixer work and I pay cash in hand, so work should be priced accordingly.

I'm just in the middle/end of a few so nothing much happening for a few months. But if you PM me with a list of sites you're designed I'll keep you in mind.
      Exactly the sort of thing I had in mind! GL with it.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

We could defo start a thread.

But would a sub-forum be better??

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
          We could defo start a thread.

But would a sub-forum be better??
          From an ease of finding a thread point of view of course it would be. However, a casual thread where people can dip in and out can generate a bit of chat and that might lead to people cooperating with ideas and suggestions.

For example sickhabbit has posted his opportunity. I'm thinking of starting a business that needs a website so I ask sickhabbit would he be interested in discussing what he could do for me. I'm not looking for a job and sickhabbit wasn't looking for work with his original post, but because we're both reading the same thread something extra is generated which benefits both members. If there was a sterile sub forum I probably wouldn't trawl through it.

Build a thread and they will come. Get hugely successful and then build a sub forum.

Comment

I like the thinking Mr Vendetta!!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              From an ease of finding a thread point of view of course it would be. However, a casual thread where people can dip in and out can generate a bit of chat and that might lead to people cooperating with ideas and suggestions.

For example sickhabbit has posted his opportunity. I'm thinking of starting a business that needs a website so I ask sickhabbit would he be interested in discussing what he could do for me. I'm not looking for a job and sickhabbit wasn't looking for work with his original post, but because we're both reading the same thread something extra is generated which benefits both members. If there was a sterile sub forum I probably wouldn't trawl through it.

Build a thread and they will come. Get hugely successful and then build a sub forum.

Awesome coming to fruition already!
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
              X