Small Tourney Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Tourney Hand

The $5 2r1a is a great tourney for those that like deep stack stuff - I treat i like a $20 deep stack anyway!

Comments on this hand please, we are relatively early and in the process of trying to build a stack for later on. Villan is 63/37 over the 65 hands he's been at my table with a WTSD of 40%

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t3695)
    UTG (t6920)
    UTG+1 (t9897)
    MP1 (t13825)
    MP2 (t3443)
    Hero (MP3) (t14381)
    CO (t20274)
    Button (t13665)
    SB (t5145)

Hero's M: 45.65

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, J
    4 folds, Hero bets t315, CO calls t315, Button calls t315, SB calls t255, 1 fold

Flop: (t1515) 6, 2, 7 (4 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t1120, CO calls t1120, 2 folds

Turn: (t3755) 5 (2 players)
    Hero bets t2120, CO calls t2120

River: (t7995) Q (2 players)
    Hero bets t4560, 1 fold

Total pot: t7995
    Main pot: t7995 returned to Hero

Results:
    Hero didn't show K, J (nothing).
    Outcome: Hero won t7995

Edit: The reason Im looking for comments is I want to know if peeps think a 3 barrel bluff is +ev
    Last edited by 40something; 01-06-10, 22:24. Reason: Clarification
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Same Villan, hoping he'd stack off ....

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 20 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t9671)
    UTG (t7740)
    UTG+1 (t9562)
    MP1 (t9277)
    MP2 (t3258)
    Hero (MP3) (t18366)
    CO (t8237)
    Button (t13226)
    SB (t11908)

Hero's M: 45.35

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 9
    4 folds, Hero bets t385, CO calls t385, 3 folds

Flop: (t1175) 8, 9, 9 (2 players)
    Hero bets t300, CO calls t300

Turn: (t1775) A (2 players)
    Hero bets t300, CO calls t300

River: (t2375) A (2 players)
    Hero bets t1350, CO raises to t2700, Hero calls t1350

Total pot: t7775
    Main pot: t7775 between Hero and CO, won by CO

Results:
    Hero mucked 8, 9 (full house, nines over Aces).
    CO had 7, A (full house, Aces over nines).
    Outcome: CO won t7775
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

i don't like it at all on this board in a 4 way pot against loose players with lots of chips.

Comment

2nd hand's betsizing is a trainwreck.

Comment

Hand 1: I posted one with KQ the other day and a few callers pre. Checking flop seems to be the right play here and giving up if you don't hit. I tried to bet like I had the nuts but prob ran into it. You are lucky not to here imo. It's lunasy betting on that board but I guess it's as a scary a board for villain too. I can't work out what you are betting here except a bluff so I would prob call with most hands that I'm staying i with on flop.

Hand 2: It's just very unlucky imo. I would never be betting less than 1/4 the pot(I rarely bet less than half tbh) but it's just sick how unlucky you were, and yet you are also lucky that he raised so small on the river. Don't think I could get away from it anyway.

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
          2nd hand's betsizing is a trainwreck.
          He does have the nuts on the flop so why such a trainwreck? Bit of an exaggeration perhaps? He got a call by A7 after all!

EDIT: 30something, what time is this game on stars at? I like deep and might give it a go.
          Last edited by Caf; 01-06-10, 23:05.

Comment

1st hand I prob fold pf or open for less, 280 or so. With that many callers on that flop I'm check folding all day.

Comment

Oh and yeah just bet normal amounts in the 2nd hand; You shouldn't be changing your betsizes in relation to your own hand, fold river.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                He does have the nuts on the flop so why such a trainwreck? Bit of an exaggeration perhaps? He got a call by A7 after all!
                That make's it even more of a trainwreck.
                Look at the huge difference in bet sizing only in the two hands. totally different. Which is likely to be to be a bluff and which the nuts.

Hand 1 fold pf is people are that laggy behind.
                As played, c/f flop, I hate the move of trying to 3 barrel the 63/37 guy

Hand two sort the best sizing.
                Normal amount or check the flop
                Normal turn, and
                c/c the river, he never calls a bet with a hand we beat, always with a hand that beats us or chops,

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  That make's it even more of a trainwreck.
                  Look at the huge difference in bet sizing only in the two hands. totally different. Which is likely to be to be a bluff and which the nuts.
                  Ye I thought about this after but forgot to get back to this hand. Forgot it was same villain. I bet same % of pot as on previous streets in hand 1(maybe slightly less) to get the most out of it, and if he ships the A7 on the flop/turn then happy days!

Comment

if the villain is really bad and you can induce a very light call gay betting the flop it's not so bad but you have to bet enough on the turn to make the river less shove less than pot size.

Comment

I play this tourney too and it plays really deep (for CAF it starts at 21:35 every night).

Hand 1, I think you are called here a ton so to answer your question It's -EV. It looks really spewy tbh.

Hand 2, C-bet is too small. Bad beat.

Comment

Hand 1: Agree with everyone else, give up when called in so many spots pf.

Hand 2: Just bet normal amounts, the guy is a 63/37, he probably has a serious aversion to the fold button. I also think as played the river is quite possibly a fold. I know you're getting around 5/1 but I think the Villain has an ace here like 90% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                          Hand 1: Agree with everyone else, give up when called in so many spots pf.

Hand 2: Just bet normal amounts, the guy is a 63/37, he probably has a serious aversion to the fold button. I also think as played the river is quite possibly a fold. I know you're getting around 5/1 but I think the Villain has an ace here like 90% of the time.

Thanks for the feed-back, in hand 1 the guy was so laggy i figured he was hoping i would check any street at which stage he would fire and tid, that's why I 3bet bluffed.

Hand 2 is a disaster, I never get those hands right where you flop such a monster. I get the point of betting normal now more then ever - river was just a bad beat.

Originally posted by caf
                          EDIT: 30something, what time is this game on stars at? I like deep and might give it a go.
                          As mentioned it starts at 9.35pm but I buy in after 10pm and take the 2 rebuys immediately. Then you are sitting there with 7,500 at the 20/40 stage lol. The tourney will last about 10 hours though if you go all the way.

Comment

1. This is so bad I can't really describe it in words. You decide to fire 3 streets into a guy who goes to SD with 40% of his hands on a board that doesn't hit your perceived range at all and smashes his in the face. Really? I'm amazed you got it through but it's about a -EV line as I can think of other then chip dumping.

2. You know yourself this is a car wreck so not a lot to say really other then how bad your bet sizing is.

Comment

Working...
                            X