.50 1 nl live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.50 1 nl live

Might be ridic standard but not really a cash player and want opinions from more experienced players...
    Table playing pretty loose and fast

JJ utg playing ~ 165. Raise to 4, folded to the button (who is playing around 130 and has been playing loose enough and pretty agg but seems to know his stuff) who reraises to 11. Sb (~110) and I complete.
    Flop 10c 9c 7d
    SB leads for 33
    Hero?
    Last edited by I'm not folding...; 21-04-10, 14:20.

Does button 3b much? What sort of hands does he 3bet?

I'd probably just fold now.
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Horrible spot because the SB lead is usually a draw and rarely a made hand (live anyway). Id normally call this but with the button to act behind Id prob just fold

Comment

If this is a full table, i.e. 9/10 handed I would prolly fold, that flop smacks your range far more than his

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
          If this is a full table, i.e. 9/10 handed
          Table wasn't quite full - i think about 7 or 8 handed. As i said button was fairly active but haven't seen him 3 bet too often.

Comment

Yeah i'd fold. Button is still behind you and 99.9% of live players don't/aren't capable of 3betting light and the fact you've opened UTG makes your range pretty strong.

If the money does go in we're dead to a J or 8 and we probably don't even have 6 clean outs.

Comment

Have edited my original post in bold after thinking the stacks through again but I don't think the changes impact on the hand too much.

Comment

Fold the flop, rest is fine imo

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, much apreciated. Just wanted to see if my initial thoughts to fold were correct. Obv I paid no attention to them and shipped

Button had AA and raiser had flopped a straight with 68.

I'll stop being value some day...

Nice lead wit the straght though imo
                  Last edited by I'm not folding...; 22-04-10, 14:29.

Comment

Thought this could get posted! I was the one with the 8d6d.

I believe we were 7 handed at the time with one seat on hold that had chips in front. I was UTG but had staddled then you made it 6 (I don't think you noticed the straddle) then BT makes it 16 and we both call he had been fairly loose pre but in my opinion his 3bet range was going to be fairly narrow even on the button as despite being active enough he had not 3bet much (I thought as narrow as QQ+ and maybe even just KK+). My call here is pretty bad with these stacks but I was just in for the one night having a bit of fun and happy to splash around a bit. After 3 bet shoving 22, T4o and Q7 (and having it hold unimproved, yes hold!) I figured my image was fairly loose!

With the way the game was going I was probably leading wide enough there as I had been doing that a lot and people just kept on folding especially on a flop like this that is fairly all or nothing. I thought your shove was ok as a semi-bluff as in your spot I would be thinking BT is snap-folding AA/KK (I don't think he has AKs here often after the small 3 bet) and you can assume I am willing to bet with some pretty dodgy stuff and even when I call you will have me with a draw that you aren't too bad against.
                    vs KcQc you are 46%
                    vs 7c8c 46.5%
                    Both cases you are +€EV (assuming BT folds his AA/KK)
                    even vs QcJc you are 36%!
                    And even here where I have the low straight you are better than 5/1 to win still. Throw in a few hands that I might bet/fold and its looking better as when you shoved I thought you had to have 99 or TT and maybe AcK/Qc.

When BT annouced call I was like wtf I must have been well off (was even more surprised to see he held Ac). Then of course did a little fist pump and called. It was a bit of a worse case scenario for you and a bit of a perfect storm for me. It was far from the worst play of the night though thats for sure!
                    Last edited by jimmii; 22-04-10, 18:54.

Comment

Haha, I love it when this happens.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hopefully we can rope in the button that would be interesting!

Maybe he thinks I_n_f thinks I am leading light and therefore thinks I_n_f is shoving light and therefore calling with AA?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmii View Post
                          Hopefully we can rope in the button that would be interesting!

Maybe he thinks I_n_f thinks I am leading light and therefore thinks I_n_f is shoving light and therefore calling with AA?
                          I'd say his thought process went something like: "OMG OMG OMFG I HAVE AA!!!1".
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                            I'd say his thought process went something like: "OMG OMG OMFG I HAVE AA!!!1".
                            Agreed.

Comment

Hey Jimmii - nice pot for ya!

Was a bit off with the details but I suppose thats what happens when you're posting HH's at 5.30 in the mornin after playng for 2 hours online after gettin home!!

First thought was to fold but I hate doin that and figured that a push was most def better than flatting into the button. If he flats behind then there's a hell of a lot of turn cards that I'm gonna hate.

Comment

Thought this could get posted! I was the one with the 8d6d.

I believe we were 7 handed at the time with one seat on hold that had chips in front. I was UTG but had staddled then you made it 6 (I don't think you noticed the straddle) then BT makes it 16 and we both call he had been fairly loose pre but in my opinion his 3bet range was going to be fairly narrow even on the button as despite being active enough he had not 3bet much (I thought as narrow as QQ+ and maybe even just KK+). My call here is pretty bad with these stacks but I was just in for the one night having a bit of fun and happy to splash around a bit. After 3 bet shoving 22, T4o and Q7 (and having it hold unimproved, yes hold!) I figured my image was fairly loose!

With the way the game was going I was probably leading wide enough there as I had been doing that a lot and people just kept on folding especially on a flop like this that is fairly all or nothing. I thought your shove was ok as a semi-bluff as in your spot I would be thinking BT is snap-folding AA/KK (I don't think he has AKs here often after the small 3 bet) and you can assume I am willing to bet with some pretty dodgy stuff and even when I call you will have me with a draw that you aren't too bad against.
                                vs KcQc you are 46%
                                vs 7c8c 46.5%
                                Both cases you are +€EV (assuming BT folds his AA/KK)
                                even vs QcJc you are 36%!
                                And even here where I have the low straight you are better than 5/1 to win still. Throw in a few hands that I might bet/fold and its looking better as when you shoved I thought you had to have 99 or TT and maybe AcK/Qc.

When BT annouced call I was like wtf I must have been well off (was even more surprised to see he held Ac). Then of course did a little fist pump and called. It was a bit of a worse case scenario for you and a bit of a perfect storm for me. It was far from the worst play of the night though thats for sure!
                                either i'm confused or this post is bizzarro world logic.

Comment

Originally posted by BuChan View Post
                                  either i'm confused or this post is bizzarro world logic.
                                  bizzarro world imo. It certainly looks that way. What i tried to say is that shoving went horribly wrong this one time but that was because he was unlucky to have the button make what i thought was a terrible call and also to run into the flopped straight. Some randomness also thrown in.

Comment

Sorry for the hi-jack but I am just wondering where this was? Actually I don't need to know but I can't seem to find anywhere that offer 100NL live in Dublin. There's surely some places!!

I went down to the fitz this evening but was told by a staff member that he had never seen one running on the nights he worked.

Cheers folks

Oh and it looks a standard fold imo.
                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                      Sorry for the hi-jack but I am just wondering where this was? Actually I don't need to know but I can't seem to find anywhere that offer 100NL live in Dublin. There's surely some places!!

I went down to the fitz this evening but was told by a staff member that he had never seen one running on the nights he worked.

Cheers folks

Oh and it looks a standard fold imo.
                                      It was in voodoo on arran quay. Was told games normally get going around tenish. Our started 3handed and filled for a while and at that point only 3 or 4 people have more than €50 and it was straddled most hands. Looks like a fun, well run place.

Comment

It was in voodoo on arran quay. Was told games normally get going around tenish. Our started 3handed and filled for a while and at that point only 3 or 4 people have more than €50 and it was straddled most hands. Looks like a fun, well run place.
                                        So you're looking at around 11/12 before you'd get a full table? Pretty standard I suppose.

Around what time was the OP's hand?

Cheers
                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

So you're looking at around 11/12 before you'd get a full table? Pretty standard I suppose.

Around what time was the OP's hand?

Cheers
                                          It was a Tuesday and it was 7-9 handed from 11-2.30 or so. Apparently the Tuesday tourney normally gets 3 times the amount it did that night so probably fills for longer.

I think the hand happened at about 1ish.

Comment

It was a Tuesday and it was 7-9 handed from 11-2.30 or so. Apparently the Tuesday tourney normally gets 3 times the amount it did that night so probably fills for longer.

I think the hand happened at about 1ish.
                                            Cheers fella
                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Have they fixed the fucking heating yet?

Comment

Cheers fella
                                                No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                  Have they fixed the fucking heating yet?
                                                  They've had some heaters installed alright so its not quite the icebox it used to be!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X