OOP River Gin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOP River Gin

Just sat down so no reads. We are deep as is 1 of the 2 villans.

So we need to extract max value first to act on river. I think it's pretty obvious that one of (or both) villans have a straight. Check or bet (and if the latter how much?).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t2965)
    Button (t7425)
    SB (t2410)
    Hero (BB) (t7500)
    UTG (t7500)
    UTG+1 (t2500)
    MP1 (t7500)
    MP2 (t2140)
    MP3 (t7500)

Hero's M: 166.67

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 6
    2 folds, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: (t105) 7, 6, 5 (3 players)
    Hero bets t60, MP1 calls t60, MP2 calls t60

Turn: (t285) 4 (3 players)
    Hero checks, MP1 bets t210, MP2 calls t210, Hero calls t210

River: (t915) 7 (3 players)
    Hero .........
    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

I'm guessing you over shoved, got paid by worse and are basking in the result of the hand. Am I close?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
      I'm guessing you over shoved, got paid by worse and are basking in the result of the hand. Am I close?
      I assure you I did not make that play. Do you think that over-shoving is viable that deep?
      One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
        I assure you I did not make that play. Do you think that over-shoving is viable that deep?
        No, but it is a $5 game with players limping. I'd prob bet about 3/4 pot.

Comment

So you're c/f any non 6/7 river?
          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligoboi View Post
            So you're c/f any non 6/7 river?
            That's not relevent - see thread title

Comment

I doubt the 2nd guy has a straight. This looks like the $5 2r1a game and he is in for 1 bullet so i pressume he's terrible so he never flats the turn imo. More likely has 4s/5s. The first guy can have a straight and there shouldn't be a lot of 3s in his range unless he peels with A3s on the flop for some reason. I bet 2x pot and see what they do

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                I doubt the 2nd guy has a straight. This looks like the $5 2r1a game and he is in for 1 bullet so i pressume he's terrible so he never flats the turn imo. More likely has 4s/5s. The first guy can have a straight and there shouldn't be a lot of 3s in his range unless he peels with A3s on the flop for some reason. I bet 2x pot and see what they do
                I was concerned any type of over bet might close them down so I bet 1/3 pot (300) hoping to look like a stopper.

Villan 1 raised to 900, villan 2 called, I made it 2700, Villan 1 called and Villan 2 went all-in for less.

They both had the straight.

Comment

I'd check raise all in

Comment

Working...
                  X