Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash game hand last friday

€1/€2 NLHE

Picked up QQ on the button, in seat 3. (€280 behind)

Raise to €11 (wanted suited connectors out obviously). Two callers.

Seat 6 BB (€300 or so behind) flats, as does Seat 1.

Flop 6 6 6.

Seat 6 leads out for €11, Seat 1 "Well he's not betting out with a 6. Call."

I flat call. 9 on the turn. Seat 6 leads out, this time for €16. Seat 1 tanks "f**k it why not" and flats.

What's my play here?

Call. Re-evaluate on river as to whether either player has a 6 or not from the action and helpful comments from seat 6. You shouldn't get called by a worse hand on the turn so raising is a waste of money.

Comment

I tanked for a good 3-4 minutes on this one.

On the flop it's one of those situations where you could raise or flat. But by the time it came to the turn I think raising was out the question.

Since I'd raised it to 5.5x preflop I was very surprised to be both led into and called before it got to me post flop.

Comment

If you already know how to play it why are you posting about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          I don't KNOW how to play it. I know how I DID play it, I was looking for feedback

Comment

Easy call on the turn for me.

Comment

So after tanking the turn for 3-4 mins, I folded. Just had a bad feeling.

River is a deuce. Seat 6 leads out €16, Seat 1 raises to €61, Seat 6 calls.

Seat 6 shows 10 10.

Seat 1 shows Q 6 off.

Donk.

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                So after tanking the turn for 3-4 mins, I folded. Just had a bad feeling.

River is a deuce. Seat 6 leads out €16, Seat 1 raises to €61, Seat 6 calls.

Seat 6 shows 10 10.

Seat 1 shows Q 6 off.

Donk.
                At least you got suited connectors to fold pre. Just call turn

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  What is even the point of this comment?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                    At least you got suited connectors to fold pre. Just call turn
                    indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                      What is even the point of this comment?
                      He said.. by the time it came to the turn I think raising was out the question.

I hadn't realised folding was an option.

OP you are better of waiting for a while to give the result. Wait until the debate has finished. Also this is a bad hand to post, people don't appreciate miraculous folds because they seem like bragging rather than a genuine question. For instance I didn't even include folding in my range of options on the turn, because of how ridiculous it is.

Lastly you don't want suited connectors to fold, you want them to call.

Comment

At the end of the day I don't care about the end result and the point of the thread isn't whether or not either of the other player had me beat.

To improve my game I want to know what more experienced players feel in the long run the right move here would be. I appreciate I could have been wrong here i.e. I could have been up against two lower pairs or AK.

Why do I want suited connectors to call? I have a premium hand and I want to be able to put my opponents on a specific range when a flop comes i.e. if 4 6 8 comes out I want to know it's unlikely they've called with 6 7 d for example.

Comment

seat 6 bets sizing is all wrong.

seat 1 speech would raise alarm bells that he likely does hold a 6. need a live read here on demenur and how he has acted in the past. Had he ever made these little comments before?when someone says fuck it and calls in my experience they have the goods.

Saying that im still calling with the Queens on the turn. Maybe this would slow down seat 6 too. Who then checks the river cannot be loving his 10s with 2 callers. Now its up to quad man how much he wants to go?

Dont think people try a check raise here in fear of getting no action ( though id like that from quadman)

Now im probably going to make a crying call if he doesnt get too greedy. maybe 40 max

If he checks to me im going to value bet my QQs and he would get a better pay day but quadman doesnt seem too smart.

Im sure there is plenty money to be made back from him in this game if he is playing Q6 so id take it on the chin and play LOTS of pots with him.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                            seat 6 bets sizing is all wrong.

seat 1 speech would raise alarm bells that he likely does hold a 6. need a live read here on demenur and how he has acted in the past. Had he ever made these little comments before?when someone says fuck it and calls in my experience they have the goods.

Saying that im still calling with the Queens on the turn. Maybe this would slow down seat 6 too. Who then checks the river cannot be loving his 10s with 2 callers. Now its up to quad man how much he wants to go?

Dont think people try a check raise here in fear of getting no action ( though id like that from quadman)

Now im probably going to make a crying call if he doesnt get too greedy. maybe 40 max

If he checks to me im going to value bet my QQs and he would get a better pay day but quadman doesnt seem too smart.

Im sure there is plenty money to be made back from him in this game if he is playing Q6 so id take it on the chin and play LOTS of pots with him.
                            Thanks for this.

"when someone says fuck it and calls in my experience they have the goods."
                            I think this was key to my fold.

"Im sure there is plenty money to be made back from him in this game if he is playing Q6 so id take it on the chin and play LOTS of pots with him. "
                            Amen to that. Don't need to be Phil Ivey to realise that

In future I think I will call the turn in this position. I'm last to act so when seat 1 re-reaises the river, I might find a sulk fold.

Comment

I tanked for a good 3-4 minutes on this one.

On the flop it's one of those situations where you could raise or flat. But by the time it came to the turn I think raising was out the question.

Since I'd raised it to 5.5x preflop I was very surprised to be both led into and called before it got to me post flop.
                              Tanking 3 or 4 minutes for a 16 euro bet so tilting.
                              Slow playlive is so frustrating.
                              Clock should be called in unison by the table.

Especially if the rake is being charged hourly.
                              Also by showing what both villains had you will get different answers for questions.
                              By all means ask questions and maybe 24 hours later post results.

Comment

Why do I want suited connectors to call? I have a premium hand and I want to be able to put my opponents on a specific range when a flop comes i.e. if 4 6 8 comes out I want to know it's unlikely they've called with 6 7 d for example.
                                You want suited connectors to call for many reasons, it would actually take too long to explain properly. Basically you have the best hand, so you want other players to call you with worse hands, also bad players will overplay draws, so you actually want them in with suited connectors as they will make big mistakes post flop (They will also overplay pairs)

Suited connectors are a losing hand for almost everyone unless they are in position and raising. You definitely want bad players calling you with them out of position.

Comment

Well aren't you a lovely bunch.

Comment

Seat 1 is playing his cards face-up. Give me a table full of seat 1's every time I play poker.

Comment

Well aren't you a lovely bunch.
                                      The hand basically plays itself. The only thing odd is your soul read fold, but based on the ridiculous speech play, even that isn't too unusual.

Your pre flop raise is too big, maybe that was the standard open at the table but raising 5.5x to push out worse hands on the chance they get lucky is a poor strategy.
                                      The bet sizing from BB is lol bad. You want these calls from seat 6 all day, and when he speech plays this poorly you want him in every hand.

Get a thicker skin, there has been nothing said to you that isn't good advice or plain common sense.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                        ...from the action and helpful comments from seat 6...
                                        Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        ...You want these calls from seat 6 all day, and when he speech plays this poorly you want him in every hand...
                                        Are you guys commenting on some post I haven't read?

Reads to me like it was seat 1 spilling the beans.

Comment

the song remains the same
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

@HJ I think he was describing his thought process and resulting dilemma, not stating facts about the best way to play the hand.
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

SWOON at the speech play. I would and I mean this genuinely, fold to one bet on the flop. The guy has essentially turned over his cards to tell you he has a six. Just don't pay him. Don't pay that man a penny.

The most important thing in this thread, and something that appears to be lost in a haze of masculine alpha male chest thumping is your thought process is essentially very flawed and dangerous, in terms of progressing as a player.

You want these guys in there. You have position and a delicious hand, yeah make it big if they are bad enough to call oop but only with the intention of getting some loots in there not with the intention of trying to win a six euro pot with QQ on the button V bad loose players.

Comment

i really want this thread to be a level

Comment

(wanted suited connectors out obviously)
                                                  I think what he means here is, he wants to isolate and go to the flop heads up. Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by PokerDubKid View Post
                                                    I think what he means here is, he wants to isolate and go to the flop heads up. Am I right?
                                                    Well, I wanted to thin the range to lower pairs and Ax.

Comment

So you want to think their range to the hands that have the best chance of beating you?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        So you want to think their range to the hands that have the best chance of beating you?
                                                        I have no control over what other people have, and what comes on the flop. I just want to be able to be more sure that if an ace or even king comes, I have a perfectly good reason to fold.

If someone hits a lower set, it's just something you have to deal with.

Comment

Welcome to 2005

Even though JBravado is 100% correct when you hear that speechplay in an Irish live 1/2 game that is no excuse for not playing it properly.
                                                          Playing it properly means that short of him actually flashing the 6 at you you never ever fold QQ here.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Against one person who appears to think they have the best hand perhaps, but two I'm not so sure.

Comment

if an ace or even king comes, I have a perfectly good reason to fold.
                                                              That's not a good reason to fold QQ. If a player flats you pre-flop oop, he'll probably will be set mining a lot of the time. He will expect a cbet from you, no matter the texture of the board.

If he's paying attention and thinks youre tight, he might assume you have missed the flop with AK/AQ. He'll call you down for value. But you have the bigger pair.

So you can't be giving up QQ everytime a limp-caller is in the pot and the board comes x-K-x.

Edit

I just went over the hand now. Yup, an oop caller has a pair and was set mining +had good showdown value, Prob put you on exactly AK. With regards to the maniac with Q6os....dunno, that's poker. maybe make it 7x to go pre??????
                                                              Last edited by PokerDubKid; 08-03-13, 13:59. Reason: Just re-read the HH

Comment

Working...
                                                              X