Call or fold ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call or fold ?

Middle stages of an online MTT, Seat 2 has moved to the table in the last few hands.
    Blinds are 700/1400/140

Seat 2: XXahurazorXX (18000) SB
    Seat 3: Hero (28000) BB
    XXahurazorXX posts small blind 700
    Hero posts big blind 1400

** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to Hero [6d 6c]
    Folded to SB
    XXahurazorXX raises 17300 and is all in

Hero ??

If you are an above average player I'd fold, if not call.

Comment

Snap call

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
      If you are an above average player I'd fold, if not call.
      What?

Comment

I would think its quite close but he should have bigger pairs just a little more than hands that contain a card lower than a seven. Therefore if your average or worse call and hope your flipping.
        If you have an edge better than this fold it. In the latter stages of a tournament it's a snap call but OP says it middle stages.

Comment

Is this 4 handed? Seems like snappage for 12 bigs

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
            No, middle stage of a tourney.

Comment

Im folding here this many times 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                I would think its quite close but he should have bigger pairs just a little more than hands that contain a card lower than a seven. Therefore if your average or worse call and hope your flipping.
                If you have an edge better than this fold it. In the latter stages of a tournament it's a snap call but OP says it middle stages.
                We achieve an edge by taking +EV decisions. Passing up these decisions because of a perceived edge is counter productive. Importantly, we can't actually quantify our edge or our equity with any accuracy. So take the spot if its +EV, fold if its not. Neutral spots, I'd be incline to take it as I think we can force errors with a bigger stack. Neutral EV can have positive utility.

I do understand your point though, we are behind verses a overpair, ahead verses an undercard and flipping verses two overs. So roughly a flip.

But you're ignoring one very important factor. His range probably isn't uniform. Large pairs, two high overs (the hands we don't want in his range) are more likely to make a standard raise. I'm not saying they are never there, but his range is weighted towards hands we beat. So I call and hope to dodge.

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                I think he just edited the HH, was confusing at first.

Comment

I'd lean toward a fold with no history/dynamic with the player, think we put the 13 bigs to better use than guessing and hoping, if i knew villain to be "normal" i.e. shoving v.v.wide id obv call...

Comment

Originally posted by Kie Diddy View Post
                    I'd lean toward a fold with no history/dynamic with the player, think we put the 13 bigs to better use than guessing and hoping, if i knew villain to be "normal" i.e. shoving v.v.wide id obv call...
                    There was no history, he has 12 bb from sb, I think most villains are shoving wide. I make this call all of the time against an unknown with similar stacksizes in this spot. Just wanted to get some feedback from other players. Thx.

Comment

This is one of the easiest calls you can make. 12 bigs and his shove is going to be extremely wide here.

Comment

Working...
                      X