99 OOP in 1-2 cash game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 OOP in 1-2 cash game

struggling to come up with a line I'm actually happy with here, for what seems like a pretty standard spot.

Villain (C/O) (~€200)
    Hero (SB) (covers)

There's two limps (I think, maybe 3, game was passive enough so nothing noteworthy about these limps) and the villain makes it €15 from the cut off. I have 99 in the SB and flat call €15 euro (good/bad? anyone like a 3-bet or a fold?).

588 (€36)

Best play for Hero here, and plan for rest of the hand?

(as it played out)

Hero checks
    Villain bets €30

Best action for Hero here?

have been playing a while and villain plays standard enough. My read is he's on the tighter side and I don't expect him to be getting out of line too much. He's made some small bluffs, and some slightly creative plays, but nothing major, I don't see him as the type to get stacks in as a bluff, or fire multiple barrels etc. He's obviously capable of c-betting this flop with AQo etc.

Ty for comments
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Pretty standard just call pre, if your 3betting this hand you need to get stacks in if he 4bets which can be v v bad depending on the villian. Given your read on him it sounds like a ridic easy call on the flop and fold to a 2nd barrel??? Am i missing something that would make that plan bad?
    They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
    Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Given reads pre is v standard. Given everything you said doing anything other than calling the flop would be strange.

Comment

yeah I still wasn't really happy with calling, it seems you're still losing the pot a lot of the time. Are you check-folding most turns?
        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
          yeah I still wasn't really happy with calling, it seems you're still losing the pot a lot of the time. Are you check-folding most turns?
          If a player will fire the flop with plenty of Ax hands, and not fire the turn very often without having you beat, then its a simple case of calling the flop and check folding the turn. Some players will double barrel, so against them you need to call two bets and then check fold the river, some players will sometimes fire three barrels, so against them you sometimes need to call three barrels (or another adjustment to make is to just throw your hand away on the flop, and slowplay more against them).

Knowing how many barrels to call or fire is basically the key to NLH, there's no easy shortcut to learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
            If a player will fire the flop with plenty of Ax hands, and not fire the turn very often without having you beat, then its a simple case of calling the flop and check folding the turn. Some players will double barrel, so against them you need to call two bets and then check fold the river, some players will sometimes fire three barrels, so against them you sometimes need to call three barrels (or another adjustment to make is to just throw your hand away on the flop, and slowplay more against them).

Knowing how many barrels to call or fire is basically the key to NLH, there's no easy shortcut to learning.
            ya, I think he's capable of firing a second barrel on the turn, but probably not on the river. If this is the case, I felt I was probably going to have to call the flop and probably the turn aswell if I wanted to get to showdown.

I felt it was a pretty awkward spot where there was no brilliant play so just wondering if there was anything I was missing or if anyone had any alternative lines.

ty for comments

also, is there anything to be said for leading, check-folding or check-raising?
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Maybe I am a bit off with this hand.

In this situation I do one of three things:
              Re-raise pre. Find out where you are
              Call pre. Either donk the flop of reraise
              Fold pre if not willing to risk vs tight player

Options are in order of preference

Comment

Originally posted by tommyombomb View Post

These aren't good options. Google raising for information to find out.

Also, the tighter a player is pre, the easier it is to play the hand post flop.

Comment

I would assume this is HU on the flop?
                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by tommyombomb View Post

this seems pretty horrible advice to me, if your calling pre your pretty much set mining are you not? i dont mind check calling 1 street to see if hes continuation betting Ax but if he fires again on the turn im folding 99% of the time in this spot.

Comment

Pretty trivial call OTF to re-evaluate turn, nothing else is good
                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

pre is standard, folding not awful if you a) expect the limpers to fold and b) think villain is tight

i agree with jamie that flatting flop to fold turn is just too soft, AK/AQ is double/triple barreling that board so often provided its your standrd taggy player, I'd be planning to c/c flop and doany of the c/c, c/f, c/r, depending on the turn.. i.e. fold if an A/K(maybe Q) hits, flat TJ (MAYBE q) and re-pop most others as we can this line is strong and we can rep a lot of pirs turning full houses as well an 8 in addition to protecting our hand and a lot-lot harder for villain to bluff now than on the river

Comment

Quick instructional video on raising to see where you are at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpQIQ8z66yY

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Agree with this really. I think there is no right/wrong way to play here. Very dependant on the villain i think.

Comment

Working...
                            X