Info on 2 hands .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on 2 hands .

Just looking for info on 2 different hands guys . There is a young lad who has started playing NLH about 6 months ago and as usual he knows everything there is to know about poker .
    He has come up with 2 interesting theories recently and i would like you guys to pick the bones of . Pretty simple stuff really

Theory 1 . Is KQ favourite over AJ if the first burn is an Ace . (any sample size )

Theory 2 . Is AK Fav over 22 over any sample size of hands .

Thanks for any replies .

Pokerstove is your friend

Comment

Very odd queries Damo of a Good Friday.

1st one, no idea how you no what the burn card is Anyway AJ ahead/fav

2nd one just simply put into into an odds calc AK suited = 49.77% 22 = 49.6% split = 0.63%

Comment

Is this one of those reverso things where the OP is the one who knows everything there is to know about poker?????

EDIT : sorry, never mind, just reread it, it was a 'young lad'.
        Last edited by Lplated; 06-04-12, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
          Just looking for info on 2 different hands guys . There is a young lad who has started playing NLH about 6 months ago and as usual he knows everything there is to know about poker .
          He has come up with 2 interesting theories recently and i would like you guys to pick the bones of . Pretty simple stuff really

Theory 1 . Is KQ favourite over AJ if the first burn is an Ace . (any sample size )

Theory 2 . Is AK Fav over 22 over any sample size of hands .

Thanks for any replies .
          Hand 1 no, KQ is still behind to AJ even if you get rid of an ace. In fact, Ajo is a favourite over KQo even if you kill two of the remaining three aces.

Hand 2 I don't really understand the syntax if your question, in any case AKs is a fav over 22

poker evaluation and enumeration software. Contribute to andrewprock/pokerstove development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
            Is this one of those reverso things where the OP is the one who knows everything there is to know about poker?????

EDIT : sorry, never mind, just reread it, it was a 'young lad'.
            No its just a young college assclown who basically hasn't a clue . The purpose of this exercise is to print this off to show said assclown that his theories are flawed and everyone else is correct .

And i do know everything there is to know about poker , i am just shit at it

Comment

Saw Damo in theory, had to pop in.

Just as I thought.

Carry on

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkle View Post
                Saw Damo in theory, had to pop in.

Just as I thought.

Carry on
                Be carefull finkle , i will be down your way nxt wk end and i will find you .

Comment

Be carefull finkle , i will be down your way nxt wk end and i will find you .
                  I'm not hard to find Chugger, you might not make it back out of gods own county

Comment

For the 22 if they had the 2 of whichever suit the AK is then 22 would be favourite, maybe that's what he meant?

Comment

Originally posted by bnbgbllbg View Post
                      For the 22 if they had the 2 of whichever suit the AK is then 22 would be favourite, maybe that's what he meant?
                      The 2's are fav over AK regardless of suits .
                      The lad was stating the opposite .

Comment

i think if the 2's are suited they are like a 70/30 favourite over AKs fwiw if it was AKo then they would be an 80/20 favourite.

hope this helps

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

AK is favourite against two black 2s.

Comment

Please enlighten me on how you work this out

Comment

Please enlighten me on how you work this out
                              Jesus this is like a bad dream

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

1,712,304 games 0.004 secs 428,076,000 games/sec

Board:
                              Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                              Hand 0: 50.084% 49.77% 00.31% 852207 5387.50 { AcKc }
                              Hand 1: 49.916% 49.60% 00.31% 849322 5387.50 { 2h2s }

Comment

If you really wanna put the shits up him AJo is still favourite vs KQs with a dead ace and 3 dead jacks

13,032,096 games 0.024 secs 543,004,000 games/sec

Board:
                                Dead: As Jh Jd Jc

Hand 0: 46.450% 46.13% 00.32% 6011550 41823.00 { KQs }
                                Hand 1: 53.550% 53.23% 00.32% 6936900 41823.00 { AJo }

Comment

No its just a young college assclown who basically hasn't a clue . The purpose of this exercise is to print this off to show said assclown that his theories are flawed and everyone else is correct .

And i do know everything there is to know about poker , i am just shit at it
                                  Seems this assclown knows more than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                    Seems this assclown knows more than you.
                                    No cos said assclown was spouting that AK was a big fav over the 22 . Where as i was of the opinion that it was as close to a 50/50 flip you will get which has been confirmed by HJ .

I am starting to wonder if maybe said assclown is related to you

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                      Jesus this is like a bad dream

1,712,304 games 0.004 secs 428,076,000 games/sec

Board:
                                      Dead:

Hand 0: 50.084% 49.77% 00.31% 852207 5387.50 { AcKc }
                                      Hand 1: 49.916% 49.60% 00.31% 849322 5387.50 { 2h2s }
                                      Sry for giving you bad dreams HJ , i was just asking a genuine question as i dont go into the whole maths/odds aspect of poker . I only play for fun as i know my limits .
                                      Thanks for the replies .

Comment

I'd take AK over 22 in 99% of tournament situations

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                          I'd be the complete opposite Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            Everyone knows 2s never lose.

Comment

Although 22 v AK is a straight 50/50 in a HU pot any time i have the fookers I get counterfeited which is worse (as in stings more) than the AK hitting.

Problem with 22 is that you wanna be the one shoving and then it's 50/50 at very best.

With AK your flipping at worst (assuming not up against AA & KK and youve a blocker to both) and your often in great shape with a dominating hand. Unless you me lately when it doesnt matter WTF you have cause your gonna get fooked anyway

Comment

Well, it's close to a flip between 22 and AK HU, but obviously AK is the better starting hand, as you're flipping V most pairs and have every Ax hand crushed. 22 just flips against every unpaired hand and is crushed by every pair. Feels dumb even putting that in writing, but since we're having the discussion.

Comment

And its equally a dog verses two red 2s

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    And its equally a dog verses two red 2s
                                                    I covered that ^, here;

Comment

I covered that ^, here;

To which the OP replied;
                                                      The 2's are fav over AK regardless of suits.
                                                      I was clarifying.
                                                      Trying to point out that the difference is so tiny that its not worth caring about.

Boards.ie for these threads in future

Comment

Working...
                                                      X