.25/.50 HU (nhle) Facing river CRAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.25/.50 HU (nhle) Facing river CRAI

villain joins table with 50BB (i sit on some tables with random amounts between 50 and 100 BBs as i find it sometimes draws action from the odd randomer who maybe wants to avoid all the other fullstacked regs or maybe feels better sitting with someone close to what he wants to put on the table or better his case money)

so i havent seen him before or any hands on him so i can say he's prob not a reg.

he starts out standard TAGish but in the last 6 hands has 3 bet me 4 times!! i folded 3 times and now to this 4th 3bet i decide to flat. i think if i 4bet here it looks like i am deciding to start fighting back (in which case he may just fold his air) or that I now actually do have a big hand and as i dont want to lose him i opt for a flat (if i had an Ax hand i'd be just going for the 4b/get it in)

anyhow since i have only 18 hands to this point all i can say is he has been pretty aggro but not necessarily out of line post flop (but again it's so few hands). he seems to know how to value bet reasonably well. he has c/r me once and has folded to a second barrel on and A hi flop.....all pretty standard and no major reads we can make just yet. NOTE in a previous hand he Cbet the turn with 2nd pair to my missed flop cbet and ck'd (with the intention of calling presumably) the A on the river so he obv has some handreading skills and knows how to valuebet to some degree.

My river bet was for thin value and not to induce btw. My thinking was that on the river i think he rarely has much of a hand so my bet was for thin value thinking he could look me up with say a T or a small PP that he just tried to get SD with. What to we do when he CRAI and why (or comments generally)??

Hero (BTN/SB): $30.67
    BB: $21.03

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN/SB with J :spade: J :club:
    Hero raises to $1.25, BB raises to $4, Hero calls $2.75

Flop: ($8.00) 2 :spade: A :heart: Q :spade: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.00) T :heart: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($8.00) 6 :spade: (2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB raises to $17.03, Hero???
    Last edited by bustamoves; 02-03-12, 01:40.

Min-raise pre with these stacks.
    4b also. JJ isn't ideal for slowplay.
    River bet is a bit thin imo. Most of his Tx is cbetting flop and small pp's prob don't pay off.
    When he shoves it's really weird but i just fold. Asxs/66 are possible and it's pretty strange to see a bluff with his line (it's a possibilty ofc but not calling with these odds).

Comment

I agree with all the above. JJ is a terrible hand to slowplay, any overcard is going to complicate the hand. Also the river bet is terrible, the downside of reopening the betting is something that should be considered against good/aggro players, and when you bet so tiny you really induce a bluff raise. That's fine if you have either a great, or terrible hand, but when you have one in the middle it's awful. There is almost no value to get from the bet anyway.

I'd be tempted to call the river.

Comment

ya 4-bet pre obv.Not sure what you're trying to achieve by betting the river. I'd prob call now because i'm a station. your river bet is screaming to be raised with air. Villains prob like " 2? fk that... 17!!" a lot more then he shows up wit a value hand imo
        "Think of what your opponent wants you to do, and then do the opposite"

Comment

Working...
        X